- Young - for travelers aged 18 - 29
- Local - local leaders & experiences
- Travel for good – support local projects
Geckos Adventures Guides
141 Geckos Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- CHCharlotteJourney to Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 19, 2017Amazing tour. Jordan was a highlight with an exceptional guide (Faisal) who made the trip fun while delivering the perfect amount of information to keep us all …Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Charlotte, thank you for sharing your experience with us! It’s great to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we always pass it along to our global team who will be very happy to hear it. We’re delighted that you had a great time in Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories, and we hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- TVThomasEssential Morocco4.0 - GoodWritten on September 16, 2017The trip was excellent. The accommodations were incredible from the get go and our guide Saaid was fantastic! Well informed and entertaining he really did an am…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thanks for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we always pass it along to our global team where it is very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time in Morocco with us, and we hope to see you on another trip soon. Kind regards, Geckos
- AoifeDiscover Central America4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 22, 2017This tour is a combination of two other tours. First three week section of the tour was brilliant; great places, very knowledgeable guide, great activities. The…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Aoife, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us! Receiving feedback from our passengers is essential as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We’re sorry to hear that you didn’t enjoy the second half of the trip as much as the first; we would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience, so please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team if you would like to give us any further feedback: email@example.com. Thanks again and we hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- INIsabelleDiscover Japan4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 20, 2017LOVED THIS TOUR. This was my first time booking with a tour company so I was quite anxious going in as I didn't know if I'd enjoy it. But the risk paid off... T…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Isabelle, Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us... we’re happy we could show you a great time on your first ever group trip! :) Receiving feedback from our passengers is great as it helps us to know where we’re meeting or hopefully even exceeding expectations. We always share positive comments like these with our entire global team and you can be sure that they will be very much appreciated. We hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- SCSamuelVietnam Traveller4.0 - GoodWritten on August 3, 2017Great group of people, tour guide shared stories and card games on overnight train rides! Did most of what I could imagine ever doing in Vietnam plus more.Geckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Samuel, Thanks for sharing your experience with us! We're delighted that you enjoyed your time with us in Vietnam (one of our favourite destinations too) :) Hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
Geckos Adventures Tours
About Geckos Adventures
Geckos Adventures videos
- Run Wild - Llama
- Run Wild - Beauty is in the Eye of the brush holder
- Run Wild - Verily, it Tasteth like Chicken
- Run Wild - Home is where the Cow is
- Run Wild - The Wise Man Jumpeth at Every Opportunity
- Show more...
- Run Wild - Gorilla
- Run Wild - Elephant
- Geckos Nepal and India Adventures
- Main Page Video
- Hannah & Adam from Getting Stamped travelling through M
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Geckos Cambodia
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Geckos Adventures Benefits
Local Group Leaders
Solo Travelers Welcome
Authentic Local Experiences
Why Geckos Adventures
Affordable Travel Experiences
Small Group Travel
Geckos Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Geckos Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like on the tour destinations?
The weather can vary from destination to destination and can fluctuate throughout the year. More information is available in the specific trip notes, so please get in touch to request a copy.
Are there any long travelling days on the tour?
Many of the trips do feature some long travel days; often on local transport and sometimes on rough roads.
What vehicles are used on the tour?
Geckos use a variety of local transport; this being a great way to mix it with the locals and get involved. In some places, the best way to explore is by foot, in others we’ll hop aboard boats, bemos, canoes, camels, tuk-tuks, songthaews.
Is it possible to add pre/post tour accommodation?
Yes, pre and post tour accommodation can usually be added. Please get in touch with us so we can find out the availability and costs for you.
How to get to the starting point of the tour?
As part of your pre-departure information, we will inform you of the starting and end points, as well as provide information on transfers if they are available. Please contact us for more information regarding transfers and starting / end points.
Does Geckos cater to travellers with special dietary needs?
The tour leaders is able to translate local menus and suggest dishes. It is important to realise that in some places diet might end up slightly limited, as meat can form an integral part to many local cuisines. The tour leader needs to be informed for special dietary needs in advance, so they can make appropriate plans.
What type of food is offered on the tour?
The local cuisine is a definite highlight of the tour. The local guides make sure travellers have the opportunity to visit local eateries and try some regional delicacies.
What is the accommodation standards on the tour?
Lodgings are cheap but cheerful, cleanliness, comfort and centrality of location is always a priority. Geckos always try to select locally run accommodation options that reflect the character of the region. On occasion travellers might also find themselves spending a night in a homestay, tent, yurt, teahouse, hacienda, ryokan or other type of local lodging.
Is there extra time to explore the start/end cities on the tour?
Geckos itineraries are designed to factor enough time to explore the destination cities but you can always book for an extra stay.
How much free time is available while on tour?
Geckos add plenty of free time for independent exploration. Some components of the itinerary aren't negotiable but much of the time what you want to see and do is ultimately up to you.