“Had the greaest time a single guy could have. Spent my birthday and Christmas with some of the world's nicest people and got to see some amazing sights. José Luis was our tour guide and I will never forget how knowledgeable, helpful, kind, and hilarious he...“
Geckos Adventures Guides
- Young - for travelers aged 18 - 29
- Local - local leaders & experiences
- Travel for good – support local projects
Geckos has made group travel for young people accessible again - eating local food, traveling with like minded travelers aged 18-29, and getting true local experiences. Taking the local public transport, sleeping in family run accommodation, and seeing places that th...
Geckos has made group travel for young people accessible again - eating local food, traveling with like minded travelers aged 18-29, and getting true local experiences. Taking the local public transport, sleeping in family run accommodation, and seeing places that the mainstream tourists never even knew existed - all this plus plenty of free time along the way. By ensuring not to impact the local communities and places they visit, Geckos aims to give an insiders view, while using local guides to show the cultures and places.Read more
156 Geckos Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- VerenaEssential Morocco3.5 - GoodWritten on April 9, 2018more activities, more and better information from the guide
- JMJessicaEssential Morocco5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 3, 2018…ur, in large part thanks to our leader, would make me open to another Geckos tour in the future.Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Jessica, Thanks for taking the time to share your experience with us, and for choosing us as your first group tour! We’re so happy to hear that you had a great time in Morocco – we look forward to seeing you on another trip with us again in the future. Best wishes, Geckos
- HPHannahEverest Base Camp5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 23, 2018Fantastic trip! Couldn't have asked for a better guide/assistant guides! Very supportive and ensured that 7/7 of us made it to base camp!Geckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Hannah, We’re so glad to hear that you had a great time hiking to Everest Base Camp. Such a once in a lifetime experience, thanks for sharing it with us! We hope to see you on another trip with us again soon. Best wishes, Geckos
- JonBolivian Salt Flats & Desert - Extension1.5 - Rather poorWritten on February 20, 2018Guide was horrendous. Very unprofessional, very rude & made many crude and uncalled for racist "jokes" He'd disappear for hours and hours at a time. He'd sleep …Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewDear Jon, Thank you for taking the time to share your comments with us. We would love an opportunity to more fully understand your experience as feedback from our passengers is essential towards improving all that we do. Please feel free to contact our Customer Relations team who will be happy to further address your concerns: email@example.com Thanks again and we look forward to hearing from you. Kind regards, Geckos
- YHYan-HaoEssential Morocco5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 7, 2018With Geckos help, I can explore some places that I may not notice on the map or n…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Yan-Hao, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We are delighted that you had a wonderful time on your trip, and we hope to see you on another one again soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- ASAbbyTaste of Galapagos5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 4, 2018…eled with, so I had little idea of what to expect. My experience with Geckos was incredible. The accommodations were all really nice, my guide was…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Abby, Thank you for taking the time to share your experience with us. We’re so glad that you chose us for your group tour, and we hope it won’t be your last! We look forward to welcoming you on another trip with us again soon – where to next? :) Kind regards, Geckos
- RGRajnaEgypt Unearthed5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 25, 2018Fantastic tour! Would do it again
- ALAndrewAmazon Jungle Explorer5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 15, 2018A+ tour. Worth every cent, effective communication, brilliant tour guide Joss and much wildlife spotted along the way. Thanks for a brilliant 4 days!!
Geckos Adventures Tours
About Geckos Adventures
Geckos Adventures videos
- Run Wild - Llama
- Run Wild - Beauty is in the Eye of the brush holder
- Run Wild - Verily, it Tasteth like Chicken
- Run Wild - Home is where the Cow is
- Run Wild - The Wise Man Jumpeth at Every Opportunity
- Show more...
- Run Wild - Gorilla
- Run Wild - Elephant
- Geckos Nepal and India Adventures
- Main Page Video
- Hannah & Adam from Getting Stamped travelling through M
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Geckos Cambodia
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Geckos Adventures Benefits
Local Group Leaders
Solo Travelers Welcome
Authentic Local Experiences
Why Geckos Adventures
Affordable Travel Experiences
Small Group Travel
Geckos Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 70,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Geckos Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like on the tour destinations?
The weather can vary from destination to destination and can fluctuate throughout the year. More information is available in the specific trip notes, so please get in touch to request a copy.
Are there any long travelling days on the tour?
Many of the trips do feature some long travel days; often on local transport and sometimes on rough roads.
What vehicles are used on the tour?
Geckos use a variety of local transport; this being a great way to mix it with the locals and get involved. In some places, the best way to explore is by foot, in others we’ll hop aboard boats, bemos, canoes, camels, tuk-tuks, songthaews.
Is it possible to add pre/post tour accommodation?
Yes, pre and post tour accommodation can usually be added. Please get in touch with us so we can find out the availability and costs for you.
How to get to the starting point of the tour?
As part of your pre-departure information, we will inform you of the starting and end points, as well as provide information on transfers if they are available. Please contact us for more information regarding transfers and starting / end points.
Does Geckos cater to travellers with special dietary needs?
The tour leaders is able to translate local menus and suggest dishes. It is important to realise that in some places diet might end up slightly limited, as meat can form an integral part to many local cuisines. The tour leader needs to be informed for special dietary needs in advance, so they can make appropriate plans.
What type of food is offered on the tour?
The local cuisine is a definite highlight of the tour. The local guides make sure travellers have the opportunity to visit local eateries and try some regional delicacies.
What is the accommodation standards on the tour?
Lodgings are cheap but cheerful, cleanliness, comfort and centrality of location is always a priority. Geckos always try to select locally run accommodation options that reflect the character of the region. On occasion travellers might also find themselves spending a night in a homestay, tent, yurt, teahouse, hacienda, ryokan or other type of local lodging.
Is there extra time to explore the start/end cities on the tour?
Geckos itineraries are designed to factor enough time to explore the destination cities but you can always book for an extra stay.
How much free time is available while on tour?
Geckos add plenty of free time for independent exploration. Some components of the itinerary aren't negotiable but much of the time what you want to see and do is ultimately up to you.