- Young - for travelers aged 18 - 29
- Local - local leaders & experiences
- Travel for good – support local projects
Geckos Adventures Guides
144 Geckos Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- DimitriTaste of Galapagos4.0 - GoodWritten on November 27, 2017Good guide, good guy
- CaroleBuenos Aires to Rio Journey4.0 - GoodWritten on November 5, 2017This was a fantastic trip! Loved every minute of it, and got to see some beautiful new places. I especially loved Paraty.
- CHCharlotteJourney to Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 19, 2017Amazing tour. Jordan was a highlight with an exceptional guide (Faisal) who made the trip fun while delivering the perfect amount of information to keep us all …Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Charlotte, thank you for sharing your experience with us! It’s great to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we always pass it along to our global team who will be very happy to hear it. We’re delighted that you had a great time in Jordan, Israel & the Palestinian Territories, and we hope to see you on another trip with us soon! Kind regards, Geckos
- TVThomasEssential Morocco4.0 - GoodWritten on September 16, 2017The trip was excellent. The accommodations were incredible from the get go and our guide Saaid was fantastic! Well informed and entertaining he really did an am…Read moreGeckos Adventures commented on this reviewHi Thomas, thanks for sharing your experience! It's wonderful to receive feedback like this from our passengers, and we always pass it along to our global team where it is very much appreciated. We’re delighted that you had a great time in Morocco with us, and we hope to see you on another trip soon. Kind regards, Geckos
Geckos Adventures Tours
About Geckos Adventures
Geckos Adventures videos
- Run Wild - Llama
- Run Wild - Beauty is in the Eye of the brush holder
- Run Wild - Verily, it Tasteth like Chicken
- Run Wild - Home is where the Cow is
- Run Wild - The Wise Man Jumpeth at Every Opportunity
- Show more...
- Run Wild - Gorilla
- Run Wild - Elephant
- Geckos Nepal and India Adventures
- Main Page Video
- Hannah & Adam from Getting Stamped travelling through M
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Geckos Cambodia
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Geckos Adventures Benefits
Local Group Leaders
Solo Travelers Welcome
Authentic Local Experiences
Why Geckos Adventures
Affordable Travel Experiences
Small Group Travel
Geckos Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like on the tour destinations?
The weather can vary from destination to destination and can fluctuate throughout the year. More information is available in the specific trip notes, so please get in touch to request a copy.
Are there any long travelling days on the tour?
Many of the trips do feature some long travel days; often on local transport and sometimes on rough roads.
What vehicles are used on the tour?
Geckos use a variety of local transport; this being a great way to mix it with the locals and get involved. In some places, the best way to explore is by foot, in others we’ll hop aboard boats, bemos, canoes, camels, tuk-tuks, songthaews.
Is it possible to add pre/post tour accommodation?
Yes, pre and post tour accommodation can usually be added. Please get in touch with us so we can find out the availability and costs for you.
How to get to the starting point of the tour?
As part of your pre-departure information, we will inform you of the starting and end points, as well as provide information on transfers if they are available. Please contact us for more information regarding transfers and starting / end points.
Does Geckos cater to travellers with special dietary needs?
The tour leaders is able to translate local menus and suggest dishes. It is important to realise that in some places diet might end up slightly limited, as meat can form an integral part to many local cuisines. The tour leader needs to be informed for special dietary needs in advance, so they can make appropriate plans.
What type of food is offered on the tour?
The local cuisine is a definite highlight of the tour. The local guides make sure travellers have the opportunity to visit local eateries and try some regional delicacies.
What is the accommodation standards on the tour?
Lodgings are cheap but cheerful, cleanliness, comfort and centrality of location is always a priority. Geckos always try to select locally run accommodation options that reflect the character of the region. On occasion travellers might also find themselves spending a night in a homestay, tent, yurt, teahouse, hacienda, ryokan or other type of local lodging.
Is there extra time to explore the start/end cities on the tour?
Geckos itineraries are designed to factor enough time to explore the destination cities but you can always book for an extra stay.
How much free time is available while on tour?
Geckos add plenty of free time for independent exploration. Some components of the itinerary aren't negotiable but much of the time what you want to see and do is ultimately up to you.