“The guide was amazing, Elisa went above and beyond to make this trip enjoyable, giving us great tips and taking us to awesome local places. If you like a tour that’s very individual, with less inclusions and more time to do what you want to and roam around...“
Geckos Adventures Guides
- Young - for travelers aged 18 - 29
- Local - local leaders & experiences
- Travel for good – support local projects
Geckos has made group travel for young people accessible again - eating local food, traveling with like minded travelers aged 18-29, and getting true local experiences. Taking the local public transport, sleeping in family run accommodation, and seeing places that th...
Geckos has made group travel for young people accessible again - eating local food, traveling with like minded travelers aged 18-29, and getting true local experiences. Taking the local public transport, sleeping in family run accommodation, and seeing places that the mainstream tourists never even knew existed - all this plus plenty of free time along the way. By ensuring not to impact the local communities and places they visit, Geckos aims to give an insiders view, while using local guides to show the cultures and places.Read more
176 Geckos Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- DanielEssential Morocco5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 12, 2018Fantastic tour, lots to see and do. Mohamed is the best guide going around.
- IAIqraTotally Turkey4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 26, 2018Fantastic tour great
- RMRyanVietnam Traveller5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 22, 2018Absolutely Brilliant !!
- LFlauraEssential Morocco5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 19, 2018We loved every minute of the tour! It was very diverse and beautiful. Hisham knowledge was great and he was very calm and happy !
- PhilDiscover Japan5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 17, 2018Had the greatest time. Tour gide Chris was an absolute legend.
Geckos Adventures Tours
About Geckos Adventures
Geckos Adventures videos
- Run Wild - Llama
- Run Wild - Beauty is in the Eye of the brush holder
- Run Wild - Verily, it Tasteth like Chicken
- Run Wild - Home is where the Cow is
- Run Wild - The Wise Man Jumpeth at Every Opportunity
- Show more...
- Run Wild - Gorilla
- Run Wild - Elephant
- Geckos Nepal and India Adventures
- Main Page Video
- Hannah & Adam from Getting Stamped travelling through M
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Geckos Cambodia
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Geckos Adventures Benefits
Local Group Leaders
Solo Travelers Welcome
Authentic Local Experiences
Why Geckos Adventures
Affordable Travel Experiences
Small Group Travel
Geckos Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like on the tour destinations?
The weather can vary from destination to destination and can fluctuate throughout the year. More information is available in the specific trip notes, so please get in touch to request a copy.
Are there any long travelling days on the tour?
Many of the trips do feature some long travel days; often on local transport and sometimes on rough roads.
What vehicles are used on the tour?
Geckos use a variety of local transport; this being a great way to mix it with the locals and get involved. In some places, the best way to explore is by foot, in others we’ll hop aboard boats, bemos, canoes, camels, tuk-tuks, songthaews.
Is it possible to add pre/post tour accommodation?
Yes, pre and post tour accommodation can usually be added. Please get in touch with us so we can find out the availability and costs for you.
How to get to the starting point of the tour?
As part of your pre-departure information, we will inform you of the starting and end points, as well as provide information on transfers if they are available. Please contact us for more information regarding transfers and starting / end points.
Does Geckos cater to travellers with special dietary needs?
The tour leaders is able to translate local menus and suggest dishes. It is important to realise that in some places diet might end up slightly limited, as meat can form an integral part to many local cuisines. The tour leader needs to be informed for special dietary needs in advance, so they can make appropriate plans.
What type of food is offered on the tour?
The local cuisine is a definite highlight of the tour. The local guides make sure travellers have the opportunity to visit local eateries and try some regional delicacies.
What is the accommodation standards on the tour?
Lodgings are cheap but cheerful, cleanliness, comfort and centrality of location is always a priority. Geckos always try to select locally run accommodation options that reflect the character of the region. On occasion travellers might also find themselves spending a night in a homestay, tent, yurt, teahouse, hacienda, ryokan or other type of local lodging.
Is there extra time to explore the start/end cities on the tour?
Geckos itineraries are designed to factor enough time to explore the destination cities but you can always book for an extra stay.
How much free time is available while on tour?
Geckos add plenty of free time for independent exploration. Some components of the itinerary aren't negotiable but much of the time what you want to see and do is ultimately up to you.