“What an amazing tour! From the day we arrived till the day we left, it was non-stop stop beauty and heaps of fun. Every place we went to was so different from the next. Boracay with the parties, clubs and shops, Bohol with it's strange and beautiful nature...“
- Backpacking Tours for 18-30 Somethings
- Flashpacker comforts for backpacker prices
- Small Groups & Limited Tours
- Specialists in SE Asia
- Combine tours to build a custom trip of 10-60 days
Can’t-miss moments, perspective-changing experiences and surprise-around-the-corner spectacles are what Far Out Adventures is all about. Not the typical group tour, with Far Out you have the time to experience your destinations and the freedom to do what interests y...
Can’t-miss moments, perspective-changing experiences and surprise-around-the-corner spectacles are what Far Out Adventures is all about. Not the typical group tour, with Far Out you have the time to experience your destinations and the freedom to do what interests you. We visit “bucket-list” sites but also take you off-the-grid to places that are wild and raw and offer the chance to get up close and personal with local culture and traditions. You choose only the activities that resonate with you and if you want to hang back and chill, or slip away on your own for the day – that’s Far Out too. And best of all, we take care of everything so all you have to worry about is showing up and having the best time of your life discovering the beautiful new world around you.Read more
8 Far Out Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- Brennan10 Day Kingdom Of Wonder - Cambodia5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 9, 2018This was my first trip with FOA. It was a real eye opener to say the least, and it’s what got me hooked on travelling. Incredible culture, ancient and modern hi…Read moreFar Out Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for the review buddy. Can't wait to travel with you again!!
- Brennan10 Day Beaches Islands & Jungles - Thailand5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 9, 2018Did 20 days in Thailand with FOA last year. This was my third trip with Far out and I had such a great time. Highlights for me were Kanachanaburi, Railay Beach,…Read moreFar Out Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the kind words Brennan, we love you too buddy ;)
- Matty10 Day Luzon Palawan Adventure - Philippines5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 7, 2018I’ve done a lot of Island hopping, and the island hopping in Palawan makes me happy. Tour A, B, C or D in El Nido are all excellent. Not that far away in Puerto…Read moreFar Out Adventures commented on this reviewMatty Boy!!! No, thank you sir.
- Kristal10 Day Island Explorer - Philippines5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 6, 2018I had such an AMAZING time in the Philippines with Far Out Adventures. From the very first day till the last, it was all sun, sand and beauty every day. Boracay…Read moreFar Out Adventures commented on this reviewThanks so much for your review Kristal. We are glad you had a great time. Jon and Melissa say hi!
Far Out Adventures Tours
About Far Out Adventures
Far Out Adventures videos
- Far Out Company Video
- Main Page Video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Will I get to experience other cultures?
In our opinion, and in our own experience, immersing yourself in new cultures is one of the most rewarding parts of travelling, so on our trips we give you plenty of opportunity to do just that. Whether you’re learning about a country’s history as we explore ancient temples, eating authentic local food, hanging with the locals in some of their favorite spots, or learning some of the local language, the opportunities to have authentic and meaningful interactions with local people and cultures is plentiful on our adventures.
Will there be Wi-Fi access?
Wi-Fi access is largely available everywhere you go nowadays, and our trip destinations are no exception. Wi-Fi is available at all our accommodations, as well as most bars and restaurants, so you can post all the awesome jealousy inducing pics you want, and mom and dad don’t have to worry about being able to contact you.
Is this going to be a party trip?
Our trips are not designed to be party trips per se. Our focus is and always has been sharing our favorite travel destinations with others and helping you have the trip of a lifetime, whatever that entails for you. That being said, when people get together in beautiful sunny destinations with a shared interest in beautiful places and awesome times, it’s inevitable that some partying is going to happen.
That being said, our destinations have LOTS to offer for the night owl AND the day adventurer alike. If partying isn’t your thing you will never be at a loss for ways to have an amazing time. One of the great things about travelling in a group is that there are always people doing different things, so however you prefer to spend your time and socialize there will be plenty of opportunities to do so with like minded people.
We do occasionally plan parties for the group in certain destinations, but needless to say drinking is always optional and not necessary to have a great time. If partying is a concern of yours, we assure you there is no reason to worry. There will be lots of ways to fill your days with fun, and our trip leaders always put just as much emphasis on enjoying the surrounding environment and taking in the local history and culture, as they do on anything else.
Are your tours accessible?
Accessibility in South East Asia is unfortunately very far behind what we are used to at home. The availability of accessible shops, restaurants, accommodations, transportation and other services is virtually non-existent in most places other than Bangkok or Manila. Travelling this part of the world with a disability can be very challenging at times, but it is certainly not impossible. If you have questions about travelling with a disability, please contact us and we will do whatever we can to help you plan the adventure of a lifetime.
When do I receive more detailed information regarding my trip?
After you have registered for your trip and paid your deposit, we will send you a welcome email outlining everything you need to know for your trip, including a trip preparation guide and your exact itinerary outlining the places you will go, the dates you’ll be there, how you’ll get there, and where you will stay.
You will also be invited to join a facebook group for your specific tour, where you can meet and introduce yourself to your fellow group participants, as well as access important information about your trip.
What should I pack?
After you register and pay your deposit, we will send you a welcome email detailing your booking information and offering tips on how to prepare and pack for your trip. We go by the old adage “less is more”. You don’t want to lug around a heavy bag full of clothes, only half of which you’ll end up wearing. We recommend packing a few changes of clothes and leaving space in your bag so you have room to bring things back home. Laundry services are available everywhere we go.
What should I bring for luggage?
Whatever works best for you will be fine, but we are big believers in the efficacy of the backpack. There are times on certain trips when we may have to walk a little to get to our accommodations, sometimes over sand, or up stairs, so our trip leaders personally prefer backpacks because its easier than dragging a suitcase. That being said you can bring whatever kind of luggage you are comfortable with. We do suggest bringing at least a small “day” bag or backpack.
Can I arrive late or depart early? Ie) Is it possible to do just part of a trip?
If you would like to join us part way through a trip, or depart from a trip early, we are generally able to help you make such arrangements as long as a trip is not in particularly high demand. Just contact us and we can adjust pricing for you for an abbreviated trip. Any additional transportation costs incurred in meeting the group late or departing early would be the responsibility of the guest to pay.
Am I able to travel solo?
Many of our guests are solo travellers. Our groups are an awesome environment to meet people and make new friends, and if you travel solo we will always place you will someone of your own gender. If sharing a room doesn’t sound appealing we are usually able to arrange for private accommodations. Private accommodations come with an additional fee depending on the trip, so if you are interested in your own room please contact us to confirm the additional cost.
How do I meet up with group?
Whether you are flying on your own or we are arranging your flight for you, we will send you an email after booking detailing the process for meeting with your group leader. In general, it is a very simple process. We will have a facebook event page set up for each and all of our tours detailing the itinerary and including instructions for meeting at the arrival destination.
Airport pick up is generally free. All customers on flights booked by Far Out will be picked up at the airport with their fellow group members and transported to their accommodation free of charge. For customers booking their own flights we will make every effort to have a guide meet you and pick you up for free. If not possible due to schedule, we will give you all the necessary information and assistance to make your transportation from the airport to our accommodation simple and worry free.