- Extreme Ireland Adventures offer a variety of walking tours, soft adventure tours, day tours, adventure courses and international adventures. We are a young company passionate about Ireland and its many secrets.
We're delighted to welcome you to Extreme Ireland; the gateway for a journey that you will never forget. Extreme Ireland was founded by Keith McDonnell, an accomplished mountaineer and adventurer. Extreme Ireland is an adventure for everyone on our tours, including ...
We're delighted to welcome you to Extreme Ireland; the gateway for a journey that you will never forget. Extreme Ireland was founded by Keith McDonnell, an accomplished mountaineer and adventurer. Extreme Ireland is an adventure for everyone on our tours, including our guides. Our guides are hand-picked, 100% Irish, all with a sense of adventure and who will dazzle you with their knowledge of Ireland, from the history, topography, even down to the lyrics of Irish ballads. All the guides are professionally trained, safety being the prime objective. All our guides have first-aid skills and navigation skills. "You will never feel safer than when you are in the arms of an Irish man" Our tours offer a unique mix of hiking, with a tour of Ireland that will give you all the information you can never get out of a book. Going on your holiday's means having a good time. You want to forget about your everyday life, and let someone else take that responsibility. That is what we are about. The minute you jump on our bus, forget about your work, forget about your troubles. Welcome to your new life! Having the craic is a term we use in Ireland for saying that we are having a good time. Craic is the Gaelic word of fun. One of many that you will learn. By the way, I hope your linguistic skills are good because I will expect everyone to be able to order a pint in Gaelic by the end of the trip and say "Póg mo thóin" in a way someone won't find offensive: Envision a journey that takes you far from the demands of daily life and into a realm of pure beauty, enveloped in the sights, the sounds, the scents of the natural world. Places where the spirit soars and the soul regains its balance. Travel with us and experience the gifts of nature in the best possible way: on foot, a vantage point that allows an unmatched intimacy with the earth. From the smallest, most delicate wildflower to the grandeur of a mountain vista, immerse yourself in the beauty that surrounds you at every turn. Trails that wind through deep forest; an endless expanse of beach, where the music of the tide accompanies your every step. The charm of the changing seasons, brilliant foliage, fresh-fallen snow that glimmers, jewel-like, under a full moon. Exotic locales where dazzling flora and fauna await discovery. We offer rich vacation experiences designed for inquisitive travellers who want to see the world in a different way. Our unique journeys combine challenge and adventure with the finest creature comforts: at the end of each day, you'll rest at charming, cosy inns and enjoy excellent cuisine shared with good company. Custom walking and hiking vacations are becoming increasingly popular, and we're pleased to offer a range of options for 2011. Guided trips for 2 or for 50 - let us help you design your unique journey with a customized itinerary. Or you can choose to reserve an existing adventure for groups of ten or more, for your private enjoyment. These vacations are ideal for groups - families and friends, colleagues - a wonderful way to bring people together for an unforgettable vacation experience. Wherever you choose to travel with us, you know you'll be travelling responsibly. We are passionate about nature and dedicated to environmental preservation, and those ideals are reflected in everything we do. No-trace hiking is always practiced, and all of our journeys are designed and carried out with scrupulous attention to conserving resources and protecting the environment.Read more
6 Extreme Ireland Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 3 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 1 / 5
- 1 / 5
- DianneInto The West-Self Cycle- 6 days4.0 - GoodWritten on June 14, 2019Company who ran the bike trip was not very organized at all. This is my sixth bike trip in Europe and this one was my least favorite. First of all you do not …Read moreExtreme Ireland commented on this reviewDear Dianne, Thank you for taking the time to write us a review. We take all feedback very seriously and we will look into the route and the information that was provided to you. If you are ever in Ireland again please do not hesitate to contact us and we would be happy to offer you a complimentary day tour. Kind regards, Xana
- TianTitanic Belfast 1 Day Tour1.0 - BadWritten on June 22, 2017Extreme Ireland- An Irresponsible and Unfair Tour Company We booked and paid in full for a day tour to Belfast two months before the tour departure. The comp…Read more
- DCDIANETraditional Irish Storytelling1.0 - BadWritten on March 10, 2016Well what can I say , they cancelled it at 3 pm on the day .I had booked it in January , quite shocking really, still no answer if they can book it again for me…Read more
- ClaireGiants Causeway- Game of thrones 1 Day Tour3.0 - AverageWritten on November 8, 2015Rather impersonal day tour with a lot of driving from Dublin to the Giant's Causeway. A full tour bus, and a long day was only made up by the beauty of the sigh…Read more
- BrendaGiants Causeway- Game of thrones 1 Day Tour1.0 - BadWritten on September 5, 2015We booked a tour online from Dublin to Belfast and The Giant’s Causeway the night before. We drove from Limerick to Dublin (about a 2 hour drive), parked and a…Read more
Extreme Ireland Tours
About Extreme Ireland
Extreme Ireland video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is transport included?
Transport is inclusive in our fully packaged tours - you will be carried by minibus from your arrival at Dublin until your departure. On long trips, we make several stops for refreshments.
What's Involved in a Typical Day?
09.30 Leave Accommodation
10.00 Start Walking
11.00 Tea/Coffee Break
13.00 Lunch Break
17.00 Return to Guesthouse
19.00 Evening Meal
20.30 Briefing for the Next Walk
21.00 Entertainment will be provided almost every night with plenty of 'craic' and traditional music in the local pubs.
Who goes on your adventures?
Our guests come from all parts of the world. The average age of our guests is between 20 and 45. Females hold a slight majority over the male. However, saying this, we have had people who were over 70 years of age and enjoyed their trip tremendously as well! We gear our walks towards each particular group so don't be worried about the level of walks that we do. We go as slow as the slowest member of the group. We make sure everyone can walk and talk when they are out and about.
Regardless of age or country of origin, all of our guests enjoy walking, the great outdoors and are curious about the natural and human history of the areas they are visiting.
What kind of exercise should I do to prepare for this trip?
Any kind of aerobic exercise is a good idea. Walking is the best preparation, particularly up hills and stairs.
I've never been on a walking trip before, can I do this?
A walking vacation is pleasurable if you are overall physically fit, enjoy the outdoors and are able to hike 6-10 miles a day with some inclines. We don't hold contests - you set the pace. We have choices almost every day that include an easier or more challenging walk. You may also decide to take a day off and explore on your own.