- Experiences Beyond Expectation
- Small Group Travel Reinvented
- Feel the Freedom to Explore
- Local Experts
- 100 Years of Travel Experience
- Details? We Have Those Covered
- Authentic Flavours and Culinary Adventures
- Captivating Surroundings and Authentic Hotels
Explorations isn’t about being a part of a crowd bouncing from place to amazing place. This is about you, and about a small group of people on a cultural expedition. We keep the group size small so that you get the most out of your travel experience. With less than 1...
Explorations isn’t about being a part of a crowd bouncing from place to amazing place. This is about you, and about a small group of people on a cultural expedition. We keep the group size small so that you get the most out of your travel experience. With less than 19 travellers and an average of just 15, a world of opportunities opens up. It allows us to guide you off the well-travelled path and bring you to the heart of where the locals go, live, and thrive.Read more
2 Explorations Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- RRobertaNylandExploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana (Cape Town to Chobe) (2019)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 14, 2018Our tour manager, Ian Pletzer, was fantastic. He is very knowledgeable, professional and saw to our every need. Ian managed the tour flawlessly, making our So…Read more
- SBSusanCountryside of the Emerald Isle (Dublin to Ennis) (2018)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 5, 2018My husband and I had a fantastic trip to Ireland. John was a fabulous host!
- Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana (Cape Town to Chobe) (2018) 13 daysStarts Cape TownEnds Chobe National Park$4,700
- Exploring South Africa, Victoria Falls & Botswana (Cape Town to Chobe) (2019) 13 daysStarts Cape TownEnds Johannesburg$5,055
- Countryside of the Emerald Isle (Dublin to Ennis) (2020) 9 daysStarts DublinEnds Ennis$2,591
- Main Page Video
- Columbia with Explorations
- Switzerland with Explorations
- South East Asia with Explorations
- Finland with Explorations
- Show more...
- Africa with Explorations
- TourRadar presents Ganga Aarti at Varanasi
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
- TourRadar presents Ha Long Bay
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 35,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Feel The Freedom To Explore
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Where do I meet my Tour Manager?
our tour will begin at your first hotel. The Tour Manager will make contact with you at the hotel and will provide details relating to your tour. The hotel's address and phone number will be included in your documents.
When can I check into my hotel?
On many tours, triple and single accommodations are limited and are available on a first come, first served basis. Be advised that single rooms are often smaller.
Can Explorations book our airline reservations?
Explorations are happy to assist you in accommodating your flight needs. Due to tour scheduling and limited availability, you are strongly encouraged to take advantage of Exploration's air packages. We are not responsible for air arrangements you have made on your own. On occasion, it is necessary to change tour dates. In this case, we can only protect air reservations booked through Explorations. For all air reservations, it is strongly recommended to reconfirm flights before departure, in the event that the airline has an unexpected schedule change. We cannot assume responsibility for schedule changes, routings or flight cancellations involving the airlines. Not all airlines offer pre-assigned seats. Some charge a fee for seats which will be at the guests' expense. Where pre-assigned seats are not offered, the guests must contact the airline directly to arrange seat assignments.
Do I need a passport?
Government-issued identification is required for all air travel. A valid passport is required for all trips outside Canada. All passengers should check with the appropriate foreign consulate for entry and validity requirements. We recommend that your passport has six months validity, and at least 3 blank pages. Passports and visas are the responsibility of each client. International Borders. Any child under age 16 (travelling without a parent or legal guardian to Canada) must have written permission from a parent or legal guardian. Please be advised that if you have been convicted of an offence, or have committed a criminal act that is an offence under the laws where it occurred and would be an offence in Canada, you may be inadmissible into Canada. You will need to apply for a Minister's Permit of Approval of Rehabilitation at a Canadian Consulate. All other travellers should contact the appropriate consulate for entry requirements in other international destinations. In South Africa, children are required to have a passport as well as additional documentation to travel with you into and out of the country. Please consult the South African Embassy for the current specific requirements related to your travel dates.
If travelling internationally with a child under the age of 18, please check directly with the airline for the legal documentation that is required. It is the sole responsibility of the guest to procure the proper documentation to travel and many requirements vary by airline and destination.
Collette will not be responsible for costs incurred for missed flights or cancelled tours where a guest fails to secure proper documentation.
Do you provide VISA processing for all applicable destinations?
Collette does not process VISAs. Every nation has its own specific requirements. Check the embassy or consulate website for the country you are visiting to find the forms and information you need. The process of getting a VISA can take two weeks to two months.
Can I extend my tour to see more of a region?
Yes! You may enhance your tour by purchasing either an extension or pre/post hotel stays, offered on select tours. Extensions may be "hosted" rather than escorted. When hosted, passengers will be greeted upon arrival by a local tour manager who will provide all included services and be available on-call during the duration of the extension. A minimum number of passengers may be required to operate some extensions. Extensions not purchased at time of deposit are subject to availability and applicable charges at time of request.
Collette also offers pre- and post-hotel nights before and/or after a tour so you may explore the destination independently. Should you purchase additional nights, please be advised that your tour manager will not be available during this time.
Can I pre purchase optional excursions/activities?
Yes, the majority of optional excursions and activities are available for advance purchase for applicable tours provided that you make your options purchase prior to 15 days of the tour departure. Collette makes it convenient to reserve presold options by visiting our website for a full listing of activities and excursions or when your reservation is made with our reservations staff. In addition, there are benefits to prepurchasing options including a price guarantee once your tour is paid in full.
So, while the cost of an optional activity may change from the time you book your tour, once payment is received in full, your preselected options are guaranteed by Collette at their original price. Although you can still purchase options while on tour, reserving them ahead of time ensures you a spot in the event that the activity sells out. Collette will provide a refund if you cancel a presold option prior to tour departure. Any presold options cancelled while on tour are nonrefundable.