“This tour was so much fun. I can’t say enough about the beauty of Norway. Each of the five hikes provided a unique aspect to the rugged, unique terrain. Nes Gard, the accommodations, friendly staff and absolutely wonderful food each evening, far exceede...“
- The Original Active Adventure Company
- Helping Travelers See The World Differently For 42 Years
- Award-Winning Biking, Hiking, Cultural & Wildlife
- Small Group & Self-Guided Tours To 100+ Countries
It is all about Exploration. That is what Exodus was founded upon and is what the company is still all about. Exploring countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on. And at Exod...
It is all about Exploration. That is what Exodus was founded upon and is what the company is still all about. Exploring countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on. And at Exodus we pride ourselves in finding the very best way to explore. If it means walking we will do it and we will make sure we do it well and in the very best mountain environments. Is there a better way to really experience a country than cycling through the backroads, villages and towns? Polar regions? Small expedition ships can get you where big cruise liners can’t. The winter environment? Why just ski when you can also dog sled, snow shoe walk, build an igloo (and sleep in it!) or experience the northern lights. Wildlife? Far better in small unobtrusive groups with expert guides, and to really understand the local culture get off the beaten track with a local to guide who can share their knowledge with you. There really is a whole world of great experiences out there and we can now offer many of these experiences to families and school groups. Do we also care about the communities and environments we go to visit? Exodus has always been and will always be a responsible tour operator. It is in our DNA to work hard to look after what we so prize. We work closely with all our overseas partners to run our tours in the best possible ways, we train our leaders, we actively seek out specific projects so that we can make a real practical difference on the ground. But please do not just take our word for it. We have won several awards and we ask you, our clients, to check what we do on the ground so that we can make improvements where needed. Why do we do all this? Quite simply we love the places we go and we love sharing those great experiences with like minded people.Read more
135 Exodus Travels Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- VDVerityHighlights of Georgia & Armenia4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 4, 2018The Armenian guide was incredible but Nino the Georgian guide not as good at organization or communication. Some long travel spells on poor roads.
- HBHarveyChimps & Gorillas of Uganda4.0 - GoodWritten on July 23, 2018Fix the roads hot. Hotels are Adequate would like to have better hot hot water service and water pressure
Exodus Travels Tours
- Treasures of Sicily 9 daysStarts CataniaEnds Catania$1,745
- Discover Sri Lanka 15 daysStarts ColomboEnds Colombo$2,135
- Walking the Amalfi Coast 8 daysStarts NaplesEnds Naples$1,235
About Exodus Travels
Exodus Travels videos
- Main Page Video
- The Silk Road Adventure
- Nepal In Motion
- Mont Blanc Circuit
- Cycling the Dalmatian Coast with Exodus Travels
- Show more...
- Cycle Southern Iceland
- Adventure Travel: In the Polar Regions
- Cycling in Mexico
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Family Holiday in Italy with Exodus
- Puglia & Basilicata
- Lillehammer Bobsled Weekend
- Walking the Great Wall of China
- Mont Blanc Snowshoe
- Kilimanjaro 2013
- Petra & Wadi Rum Google Earth Trekking Flights
- The Ultimate Lycian Way Google Earth Trekking Flights
- Annapurna Sanctuary Google Earth Trekking Flights
- Palam Peak - Acclimatisation
- Snow Leopard - Ladakh
- My Antarctic Expedition
- Costa Rica Biking
- Exodus' Will Shoubridge on his bike from Manali to Leh
- Camels & Kasbahs family holiday to Morocco
- Unbelievable Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), Finland
- Mountain Gorillas
- Tanzania Safari Adventure
- Sri Lanka: A 10 day journey
- Galapagos Islands: Snorkelling
- The land of Hemingway and Che Guevara
- Inca Trail
- Jordan Adventure Holidays with Exodus Travels
- Finnish Dogsledding Adventure by Exodus' Olly Pemberton
- Mont Blanc Hotel Trek Video
- Northern Tuscany with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Marinella's Story
- Exodus People - Kristjan's Story
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Exodus People - Roshan's story
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Finland with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Marinella
- Basecamp Oulanka with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Johnny Villalobos
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Costa Rica with Exodus Travels
- Fat Biking with Exodus Travels
- This is Amalfi
- International Tour Operator of the Year - TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism2016
- Most Multiplatform - The Guardian & Observer Travel Awards2016
- National Geographic Survey badge: Best Adventure Travel Company
- Highly Commended - Top Tour Operator, Wanderlust Travel Awards2010
- Silver - Best Tour Operator - British Travel Awards2010, 2009
- National Geographic's Traveller Magazine's 'Tours of a Lifetime'2012, 2010
- Best Overall Special Interest Tour Operator, British Travel Awards2012
- Most Open & Honest, The Guardian & Observer Travel Awards2016
- Nominee - World Travel Awards - World's Leading Green Tour Operator2013, 2014, 2015
- Sunday Times Travel Editors Award - Nepal Earthquake Appeal2015
- Best Escorted Adventure Holiday Company Medium - British Travel Awards2015, 2016
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are there any additional charges?
No, there are no other local payments or surcharges.
What information is provided on cycling trips?
Each Cycle trip has a day to day itinerary outlining the km’s per day, road conditions and expected pace. We also have an easy to use grading system so you can make sure the trip is suitable for the experience. Exodus has also created a downloadable Fitness Plan so you can be best prepared.
What do you offer for cycling tours?
We offer over 130 cycling itineraries in a variety of durations, destinations and difficulty levels. Exodus is the largest operator in the world with the widest selection of trips for first time cyclists through to high adrenaline technical rides. We have over 19 years of experience in researching and operating cycling tours.
I want an active vacation, but I'm not sure which one?
We offer over 230 hiking, walking, and trekking holidays and will have a tour to suit your preferences. Exodus has led the way with our Walking & Trekking holidays for over 35 years and is the world's leading walking and trekking tour operator.
I want to see real wildlife encounters, what do you suggest?
We have over 125 amazing trips where the focus is on wildlife spotting. From Tigers in India to bird spotting in Costa Rica, we have tours where you will see creatures in their natural habitats.
What if I don't want to join a group?
It's not a problem. Independent self guided holidays allow you to go at your own pace and never feel rushed. Comprehensive local maps ensure you won’t get lost and your bags are transported ahead of you to the hotels we have organized for you. The detailed route notes provide everything you need, but just in case, there’s a 24 hours emergency telephone number.
How are the groups made up?
Clients will join like-minded people with a wide demographic. Solos, couples and friends travelling together from all around the world.
How 'active' are the tours?
Exodus have trips for all levels of ability. Everything from leisurely walking (for people who are in good health, enjoy the outdoors and want a relaxing trip packed with interest) through to tough/challenging (previous experience and fitness are imperative at this level, as the environment may be more remote and challenging). We want you to feel good and have fun!
Do you visit local communities?
Absolutely. We create lasting memories and a more enriched travel experience by going farther and traveling longer. Community interaction is a priority.
Do you go off the beaten path?
Yes. Exodus trips are for adventure travellers who are seeking unique or new travel destinations and activities, with the promise of an exceptional, authentic experience.