“there was a lot of walking it was not easy at all at times it was very stressful to catch up a lot of steps and fast paced for middle age people at times it could have been avoided by being dropped off closer on top of the placed visited instead of climbi...“
- The Original Active Adventure Company
- Helping Travelers See The World Differently For 42 Years
- Award-Winning Biking, Hiking, Cultural & Wildlife
- Small Group & Self-Guided Tours To 100+ Countries
It is all about Exploration. That is what Exodus was founded upon and is what the company is still all about. Exploring countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on. And at Exod...
It is all about Exploration. That is what Exodus was founded upon and is what the company is still all about. Exploring countries, cultures, environments, cities, mountain ranges, deserts, coasts and jungles; exploring this amazing planet we all live on. And at Exodus we pride ourselves in finding the very best way to explore. If it means walking we will do it and we will make sure we do it well and in the very best mountain environments. Is there a better way to really experience a country than cycling through the backroads, villages and towns? Polar regions? Small expedition ships can get you where big cruise liners can’t. The winter environment? Why just ski when you can also dog sled, snow shoe walk, build an igloo (and sleep in it!) or experience the northern lights. Wildlife? Far better in small unobtrusive groups with expert guides, and to really understand the local culture get off the beaten track with a local to guide who can share their knowledge with you. There really is a whole world of great experiences out there and we can now offer many of these experiences to families and school groups. Do we also care about the communities and environments we go to visit? Exodus has always been and will always be a responsible tour operator. It is in our DNA to work hard to look after what we so prize. We work closely with all our overseas partners to run our tours in the best possible ways, we train our leaders, we actively seek out specific projects so that we can make a real practical difference on the ground. But please do not just take our word for it. We have won several awards and we ask you, our clients, to check what we do on the ground so that we can make improvements where needed. Why do we do all this? Quite simply we love the places we go and we love sharing those great experiences with like minded people.Read more
184 Exodus Travels Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- StevenCycling Vietnam5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 9, 2018Lam and crew offer the best customer service I have ever seen! They took great care of us like we were royalty.
- ACAlisonHighlands of Sri Lanka4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 26, 2018Our guide was passionate about his countryespecially the rural communities. He went out of his way to show us their way of life and their culture.
- AromaCycling Vietnam4.0 - GoodWritten on November 19, 2018that's great tour I love it!
- WGwilliamWalking the Amalfi Coast4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 10, 2018Great inteniary, Albert had to scramble to make alternative plans as it rained a lot. Great group. Will use your company again.
- CMChristopherWalking the Amalfi Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 9, 2018Well organized and the hiking was a nice easy pace to be able to take in the surroundings.
- KrisztinaCycling the Cols of Morocco2.0 - Rather poorWritten on November 8, 2018This trip was really poorly organised and led. The places we stayed at were unacceptable, not even a hot shower option in many. In retrospect, the traditional r…Read more
Exodus Travels Tours
- Discover Sri Lanka 15 daysStarts ColomboEnds Colombo$2,155
- Cycling Vietnam 14 daysStarts Ho Chi Minh CityEnds Hanoi$1,781
- Walking the Amalfi Coast 8 daysStarts NaplesEnds Naples$1,310
About Exodus Travels
Exodus Travels videos
- Main Page Video
- The Silk Road Adventure
- Nepal In Motion
- Mont Blanc Circuit
- Cycling the Dalmatian Coast with Exodus Travels
- Show more...
- Cycle Southern Iceland
- Adventure Travel: In the Polar Regions
- Cycling in Mexico
- Mount Kilimanjaro, Tanzania
- Family Holiday in Italy with Exodus
- Puglia & Basilicata
- Lillehammer Bobsled Weekend
- Walking the Great Wall of China
- Mont Blanc Snowshoe
- Kilimanjaro 2013
- Petra & Wadi Rum Google Earth Trekking Flights
- The Ultimate Lycian Way Google Earth Trekking Flights
- Annapurna Sanctuary Google Earth Trekking Flights
- Palam Peak - Acclimatisation
- Snow Leopard - Ladakh
- My Antarctic Expedition
- Costa Rica Biking
- Exodus' Will Shoubridge on his bike from Manali to Leh
- Camels & Kasbahs family holiday to Morocco
- Unbelievable Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), Finland
- Mountain Gorillas
- Tanzania Safari Adventure
- Sri Lanka: A 10 day journey
- Galapagos Islands: Snorkelling
- The land of Hemingway and Che Guevara
- Inca Trail
- Jordan Adventure Holidays with Exodus Travels
- Finnish Dogsledding Adventure by Exodus' Olly Pemberton
- Mont Blanc Hotel Trek Video
- Northern Tuscany with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Marinella's Story
- Exodus People - Kristjan's Story
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Exodus People - Roshan's story
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Finland with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Marinella
- Basecamp Oulanka with Exodus Travels
- Exodus People - Johnny Villalobos
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Costa Rica with Exodus Travels
- Fat Biking with Exodus Travels
- This is Amalfi
- Hotel Due Torri with Exodus Travels
- Dogsledding with Exodus Travels
Exodus Travels Ships
- World ExplorerOur WORLD EXPLORER can, in a unique way, combine all the requirements of sophisticated guests, lovingly finished down to the smallest det… Read moreGuests200Crew100Length126mWidth19mElectricity220vDraft4.7m
- Ocean DiamondThe Ocean Diamond is a modern, stable super-yacht with spacious cabins, all with private bathroom facilities and exterior views. This out… Read moreGuests189Crew144Length124mWidth16mDraft4.9m
- Ocean NovaDesigned to carry passengers in comfort to the most remote corners of the world, the Ocean Nova was built in Denmark. This ship delivers… Read moreGuests78Crew38Length73mWidth11mSuites38Electricity220vDraft3.7m
- Ocean EndeavourThe Ocean Endeavour is a comfortable expedition ship expertly engineered to explore the Polar regions. The Ocean Endeavour features an ic… Read moreGuests199Crew124Length137mWidth16mElectricity220vDraft5.6m
- Akademik Sergey VavilovFinnish-built for the Russian Academy of Science, this ship was designed to travel quietly during hydro-acoustic research. External stabi… Read moreGuests92Crew63Length117.04mWidth18.28mDraft6.09m
- Akademik IoffeThe Akademik Ioffe was built for the Russian Academy of Science to the same specifications as its sister ship, the Akademik Sergey Vavilo… Read moreGuests96Crew63Length117mWidth18.3mStaterooms48Draft6m
- Ocean AdventurerAs of June 2017, Quark Expeditions’ much beloved polar expedition ship the “Sea Adventurer” will be undergoing a multi-… Read moreBuilt1976 (refurbished in 1999 and 2002)Guests132Crew84Length101.1mWidth16.2mSuites57Draft4.5m
- RCGS ResoluteRCGS Resolute is a Polar Adventure Ship named after the HMS Resolute, a British Royal Navy Arctic exploration vessel, as well as the Inui… Read moreGuests146Crew100Length122.8mWidth18mStaterooms74Draft4.91m
- Spirit of EnderbyThe Spirit of Enderby is a fully ice-strengthened expedition vessel, built in 1984 for Polar and oceanographic research. She carries 50 p… Read moreGuests50Crew32Length69.7mWidth12.8mStaterooms28Draft4.5m
- 50 Years of VictoryThe largest, most sophisticated and powerful ice breaker ever constructed. Twenty years in the making, she is the first Arktika-class ice… Read moreGuests128Crew140Length150.7mWidth30mDraft11m
- International Tour Operator of the Year - TOFTigers Wildlife Tourism2016
- Most Multiplatform - The Guardian & Observer Travel Awards2016
- National Geographic Survey badge: Best Adventure Travel Company
- Highly Commended - Top Tour Operator, Wanderlust Travel Awards2010
- Silver - Best Tour Operator - British Travel Awards2010, 2009
- National Geographic's Traveller Magazine's 'Tours of a Lifetime'2012, 2010
- Best Overall Special Interest Tour Operator, British Travel Awards2012
- Most Open & Honest, The Guardian & Observer Travel Awards2016
- Nominee - World Travel Awards - World's Leading Green Tour Operator2013, 2014, 2015
- Sunday Times Travel Editors Award - Nepal Earthquake Appeal2015
- Best Escorted Adventure Holiday Company Medium - British Travel Awards2015, 2016
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Are there any additional charges?
No, there are no other local payments or surcharges.
What information is provided on cycling trips?
Each Cycle trip has a day to day itinerary outlining the km’s per day, road conditions and expected pace. We also have an easy to use grading system so you can make sure the trip is suitable for the experience. Exodus has also created a downloadable Fitness Plan so you can be best prepared.
What do you offer for cycling tours?
We offer over 130 cycling itineraries in a variety of durations, destinations and difficulty levels. Exodus is the largest operator in the world with the widest selection of trips for first time cyclists through to high adrenaline technical rides. We have over 19 years of experience in researching and operating cycling tours.
I want an active vacation, but I'm not sure which one?
We offer over 230 hiking, walking, and trekking holidays and will have a tour to suit your preferences. Exodus has led the way with our Walking & Trekking holidays for over 35 years and is the world's leading walking and trekking tour operator.
I want to see real wildlife encounters, what do you suggest?
We have over 125 amazing trips where the focus is on wildlife spotting. From Tigers in India to bird spotting in Costa Rica, we have tours where you will see creatures in their natural habitats.
What if I don't want to join a group?
It's not a problem. Independent self guided holidays allow you to go at your own pace and never feel rushed. Comprehensive local maps ensure you won’t get lost and your bags are transported ahead of you to the hotels we have organized for you. The detailed route notes provide everything you need, but just in case, there’s a 24 hours emergency telephone number.
How are the groups made up?
Clients will join like-minded people with a wide demographic. Solos, couples and friends travelling together from all around the world.
How 'active' are the tours?
Exodus have trips for all levels of ability. Everything from leisurely walking (for people who are in good health, enjoy the outdoors and want a relaxing trip packed with interest) through to tough/challenging (previous experience and fitness are imperative at this level, as the environment may be more remote and challenging). We want you to feel good and have fun!
Do you visit local communities?
Absolutely. We create lasting memories and a more enriched travel experience by going farther and traveling longer. Community interaction is a priority.
Do you go off the beaten path?
Yes. Exodus trips are for adventure travellers who are seeking unique or new travel destinations and activities, with the promise of an exceptional, authentic experience.