“Sudan is clearly an incredible adventure, this tour is fantastic. It’s run by an Italian tour company, with their own hotels and food options that are very nice. You are clearly taken care of, placed into a bubble and shown Sudan; archeology, history, nat...“
Awards & Recognitions
Encounters Travel Guides
- Wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours
- Travel in complete safety
- Local guides giving perfect insights on the destinations
- Multi-cultural group tours
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most...
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most out of the country you're visiting. Our tours range from historical sightseeing and Nile cruises in Egypt, through to long strenuous treks and white water rafting in Nepal or swimming with whales in Tonga. You can join other travellers on a small group departure, or personalise and tailor-make an itinerary for you to enjoy privately. Whatever your preference, we have a team of experienced travel consultants ready to advise you and help arrange your next great adventure!Read more
813 Encounters Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- MCMichelleDiscover Egypt5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 22, 2020The Discover Egypt Tour exceeded all expectations with each day filled with highlights and amazing history. Our tour guide was a wealth of knowledge and made th…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Michelle, Thank you very much for posting your feedback. We're very glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Egypt with us, and that you were satisfied with all aspects of the tour. That's exactly the type of experience we aim to provide for our clients. We hope that we can welcome you onto another tour with us soon!
- CristianNubian Adventure3.0 - AverageWritten on January 28, 2020A tip for all Americans. PLEASE STOP BEING SO NAIVE ! For me it's incredible how easily my fellow travel mates were fooled into going to "local" places with pri…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Cristian, Thank you for taking the time to provide us with a review of your recent experience on our Nubian Adventure Tour. Firstly, I'm pleased to hear that you were happy with the local tour arrangements and found that the tour was well-organised by ourselves and our local team. It's also great to hear that you feel you can recommend this tour to others, that's exactly the type of feedback we strive to receive. Unfortunately, the culture in Egypt is still centred very much around tips, and everyone from toilet attendants, train guards, hotel staff, etc. do expect tips, even for the smallest of services. We do try to combat the stress related to this by implementing a tipping kitty on our Egyptian group tours– this means that the tour guide handles tips for most people you'll encounter on the tour, instead of you needing to do it yourselves. We don't include our tour guides in the tipping kitty, as we feel it's important that our customers be able to recognise the service provided by their guide themselves, and ultimately decide on how much they would like to tip. We do include suggestions within our trip notes to help travellers budget for this, though I'm sorry if you felt that the information given locally by the tour guide was inaccurate or too high. We'll certainly be following up with our team in Egypt regarding this. Envelopes are provided to try to remove any pressure or visibility of what you may like to tip, or not tip, and to keep it private. Everyone in the group can combine together in one, or use separate, as they prefer. On our Egypt tours (and others around the world), we do include some shopping stops, though when we include these, we do always try to make them a little more interesting. So for example, when visiting a Papyrus shop, a demonstration will normally be given on the process of creating it. Whilst we know that some of our travellers don't like these stops and would prefer to shop during their own free time, we do equally have plenty of travellers who do appreciate them and like to shop in an environment which they feel is more secure. We do include less of these stops than some of our competitors, but we wouldn't want to remove them completely. Overall, I'm pleased to hear that you did enjoy your time in Egypt and will recommend this tour to others. Thank you also for providing your feedback on the points mentioned above.
- SelvaSands & Seas1.0 - BadWritten on January 17, 2020The worst tour company. We will not recommend to anyone. It was very unfortunate that we got deceived by this tour company. We could certainly see the differenc…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Selva, We understand that you were not happy to be charged for the New Year's Eve gala dinner in your hotel in Cairo, and we do appreciate that it came to a lot of money for your family. However, we do clearly explain on our website and in our tour notes that Gala Dinners on New Year's Eve are not included in our prices and will be charged as extra when we find out how much the hotels will be asking. We also give a budget to allow for this. You would have had to pay the same Gala Dinner fee to the hotel regardless of whether you booked with us, Trafalgar, or Cosmos. We intentionally don't include the dinner in our set tour prices as it is better value for money for our travellers this way, and we know that it is an expensive cost already. This is because we don't have to add on commissions for agents like TourRadar, and we can just pass on the exact amount that the hotels are charging. I appreciate that you also weren't happy that we were able to obtain an exemption from paying for the dinner for some other people in your group, but not for you. That exemption was only allowed by the hotel because they were arriving in the early hours of the next morning. The hotel charged in full for anyone staying in the hotel who had any chance of attending, whether they chose to or not (this is normal procedure for virtually every 5-star hotel in Egypt). I'm sorry again that this spoiled your overall satisfaction of travelling with us.
- BLBrianThe Garden Route 9 Days5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 7, 2020Beyond expectations. Tour was flawless from the airport connections to the backpackers lodges. Our guide Wendy with earthstompers was superb. Mariska was ext…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Brian, Thank you very much for posting your review. We are delighted to receive your positive feedback, and are very glad that you had such a wonderful time with us in South Africa. We'll be sure to pass your lovely comments on to everyone you mentioned. We'd love to welcome you onto another tour with us in the future!
- JHJodieJordan on a Shoestring4.0 - GoodWritten on January 6, 2020Great tour, some little niggles that could be improved to make this better, but overall, really glad we did this tour.Encounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Jodie, Thank you for your review. We're sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy a few small things on the tour, but overall, we're delighted that you had a good experience with us. We hope to travel with you again soon!
- TimothyClassic Greece2.0 - Rather poorWritten on January 2, 2020Horrible tour. Bait and switch for our first day which required threats to get what was promised and then the second best stop was closed and not an emergency c…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Timothy, Thank you for your post-tour feedback. I'm very sorry to hear that you didn't enjoy the tour. We have already been in contact with you directly via the TourRadar console, and have offered a significant refund for the issue encountered at Delphi and your disappointment for not being able to visit properly. We accept responsibility for not informing you in advance that the site would be closed on Christmas Day. Unfortunately, our local partners hadn't advised us of any possibilities of visiting the previous day either. We agree that the 40-minute explanations given by your guide from the viewpoint were not the same as exploring it properly inside, and our refund offer has taken this into account. Aside from the visit to Delphi and the late change to the hotel in Athens, which was due to a fire in the original property, we understand that the rest of the tour arrangements were included as planned. If you could kindly respond to our message in the TourRadar console, we will be happy to initiate your refund.
- ADiscover Egypt2.0 - Rather poorWritten on December 30, 2019The tour was extremely disorganised.
Encounters Travel Tours
About Encounters Travel
Encounters Travel videos
- South Africa with Encounters Travel
- Encounters Travel
- TourRadar presents Aït Benhaddou
- TourRadar presents The Imperial Cities
Encounters Travel Ships
- MV OrteliusHistory of Ortelius "Ortelius" was built in Gdynia, Poland in 1989, was named "Marina Svetaeva", and served… Read moreBuilt1989Guests116Crew52Length91.25mWidth17.61mStaterooms53Cruising Speed14.3 knots maximumDraft5.8m
- MV PlanciusHistory of Plancius M/v "Plancius" was built in 1976 as an oceanographic research vessel for the Royal Dutch Navy a… Read moreCruising Speed10 - 12 knots maximumBuilt1976Draft5m/16ftGuests116Crew45Length89m/293ftWidth14.7m/47ftStaterooms53Cruising Speed10 - 12 knots maximumDraft5m/16ft
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!