Awards & Recognitions
Encounters Travel Guides
- Wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours
- Travel in complete safety
- Local guides giving perfect insights on the destinations
- Multi-cultural group tours
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most...
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most out of the country you're visiting. Our tours range from historical sightseeing and Nile cruises in Egypt, through to long strenuous treks and white water rafting in Nepal or swimming with whales in Tonga. You can join other travellers on a small group departure, or personalise and tailor-make an itinerary for you to enjoy privately. Whatever your preference, we have a team of experienced travel consultants ready to advise you and help arrange your next great adventure!Read more
140 Encounters Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- NGNadaMorocco on a Shoestring4.0 - GoodWritten on July 16, 2018I liked the tour overall, but there were too many shopping places we had to stop (stop too long).
- SShadNubian Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 11, 2018Amazing - Egypt was great and Sheriff was amazing. Totally worth every penny.
- AAnonymousNubian Adventure4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 11, 2018Amazing place and Sheriff was awesome.
- AAnonymousImperial Cities3.0 - AverageWritten on June 11, 2018you get what you paid for
- DDonImperial Cities3.5 - GoodWritten on June 5, 2018The tour was a great overview of Morrocco. Would pick a non-mixed language tour tour next time, as we were the only 2 people on the tour that did not speak Fre…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Don, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your tour feedback. I'm pleased to hear that you felt this was a great overview of Morocco. Thank you for the great star ratings, I'm pleased to see that you were happy with the accommodations and guiding provided. However, I'm sorry to learn that you weren't entirely happy with the multi-lingual concept used on this tour. We do explain this within our trip notes and in general we do find that it works pretty well and allows us to continue offering budget tours in Morocco. I think on your departure it was unfortunate and unlucky that you were the only 2 English speakers. This is certainly not normally the case as while there are often some French or Italian speakers in the group, the majority of these speak English too and its very rare that we only have one couple like yourselves speaking English on a particular date. So, I am sorry for any impact you had on your enjoyment of the trip. Thank you again for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and for choosing to travel with us in Morocco.
- JJulienneUmaliMoroccan Melodies3.0 - AverageWritten on June 2, 2018Our trip was 12 day customized tour of "Moroccan Melodies". We paid extra in order to see Chefchaouen and Essouira. What we got was a 3 hour evening experience …Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Julienne, Thank you for your review about your customised tour with us in Morocco. As you have noted in your review there were a couple of parts of the trip that didn't go to plan or as we would have liked. The Midelt cooking demonstration in particular was not at all run as it should have been and the hygiene issues were unacceptable. We stopped arranging anything else there immediately after you contacted us about it during your tour and now offer this kind of experience in a completely different location. The time in Chefchaouen was limited due to some confused communication with your guide and we did provide a refund in relation to this shortened time after you returned from the tour. We were pleased to hear how happy you were with your guide after that though. Unfortunately transport costs in particular for private tours for just one or two people in Morocco do make tailor-made tours that cover a lot of ground quite expensive. The extra cost that you mention was in part to add in the extra locations of Chefchaouen and Essaouira, but was also based on the difference between the pricing of the original group tour itinerary (where we may hold hotel allocations and get different rates from the hotels), and a completely private and more flexible tour, run on different dates. Tipping is also something that we do advise about in advance and cover in the tour notes, and is something that is expected by guides in this part of the world as a personal gesture from their clients, on top of their general wage and the daily tour arrangements. It is certainly a different way of working to what we may be used to back home, but it is normal in this part of the world. Again, thank you for choosing to travel with us in Morocco and for taking the time to review your experience.
Encounters Travel Tours
About Encounters Travel
Encounters Travel videos
- South Africa with Encounters Travel
- Encounters Travel
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!