“Overall an excellent tour that I am happy to have booked. The guide was friendly and had a thorough knowledge of the country as well as each site and explained everything well. Transport between sites was excellent with everything scheduled and organised w...“
Awards & Recognitions
- Wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours
- Travel in complete safety
- Local guides giving perfect insights on the destinations
- Multi-cultural group tours
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most...
Encounters Travel is an adventure tour operator, based in the UK but with representatives in Canada, South Africa, Australia and New Zealand. We run a wide selection of cultural and adventurous tours around the world, each carefully designed to help you get the most out of the country you're visiting. Our tours range from historical sightseeing and Nile cruises in Egypt, through to long strenuous treks and white water rafting in Nepal or swimming with whales in Tonga. You can join other travellers on a small group departure, or personalise and tailor-make an itinerary for you to enjoy privately. Whatever your preference, we have a team of experienced travel consultants ready to advise you and help arrange your next great adventure!Read more
84 Encounters Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- DWDebraBiblical Israel5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 19, 2018Our trip surpassed our expectations. we found our tour guide, Hilik, to be very knowledgeable and very willing to assist if anyone had special needs.
- Maria Therese
- Pierre-YvesJordan on a Shoestring4.0 - GoodWritten on January 13, 2018The people involved were quite nice and helpful, especially Sami the guide, of course. The places we visited were interesting for most. Petra and Little Petra …Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Pierre, Thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and for choosing to travel with us in Jordan. I’m really pleased to hear that you had a good time on the tour and appreciated your guide Sami. Over the past year Sami has become one of our most popular guides in Jordan and it’s always good to hear such good feedback. With our scheduled group tours we don’t guarantee specific hotels as we do occasionally have to use alternate accommodations based on availability or recent customer feedback. We do try to make this clear on our website and within our tour notes, however I am sorry that this affected some of your plans for your free time in Amman. Overall I’m pleased to see that you had a good time on the tour. I hope that you’ll decide to join us again in the future.
- KKADiscover Egypt4.0 - GoodWritten on January 4, 2018I really enjoyed this trip! All the hotels were very nice. I got to go inside one of the pyramids, see the Sphinx, and some amazing temples that have survived m…Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewHi KA, Thank you for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback and for choosing to travel to Egypt with Encounters Travel. We really appreciate your feedback. It’s great to hear that you had such a good time on the tour and that you liked the accommodations provided. Over the past couple of years we’ve worked hard to gradually increase the levels of accommodation provided on this tour and we’re really happy with the hotels currently being used. We’re also very proud of our guides, many of whom have been with us for over 10 years! I’m sorry for any confusion about the first day in Egypt. We’ve checked Tour Radar’s page, our website itinerary and our tour notes and there isn’t any mention of a group meeting on Day 1. In Egypt this always takes place on the morning of day 2 as we know that many people will arrive into Egypt on evening flights on that first day. I’d like to thank you for your comments on the optional extras being listed on your receipt. This is a good point to highlight and something which should be done in Egypt as a matter of course, and normally is. We’ve talked to our office in Cairo about making sure that this does always happen from now on, as I agree that it would make things clearer for you during the rest of the tour. Once again, thank you for choosing to travel with Encounters Travel and for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback.
- PKPhilipBest of Israel & Jordan4.0 - GoodWritten on December 28, 2017the tour is organized well, all the customer service is excellent. Only thing I wish the tour should offer is the hotel upgrade option. The hotels during the …Read moreEncounters Travel commented on this reviewDear Philip, Thanks for taking the time to get back to us with your feedback. I’m really pleased to see that you had a good trip, that you felt the trip was well organised and found our customer service level to be excellent, this is exactly the type of feedback we like to receive! I’m sorry you weren’t happy with the overall level of accommodation provided on this tour. We’ve designed the trip to be of a medium level with 3 to 4-star hotels, though we do take your feedback on board about offering a hotel upgrade option. We’ve actually already started putting plans in place to offer this option on all of our Israel and Israel & Jordan combination tours for 2018 and within the next few weeks we’ll be looking to offer a 5-star upgrade on this tour. In other destinations we offer a mix of tour levels with some using budget and others using more luxurious hotels, so if you do plan on taking another tour with us please let us know your preferred accommodation level when enquiring and we’ll be happy to advise on which tours fall within this category. Thank you once again for choosing to travel with us in Israel and Jordan. I hope you’ve returned with many happy memories and that we can help you again in the future. Happy New Year. The Encounters Travel Team
Encounters Travel Tours
About Encounters Travel
Encounters Travel videos
- South Africa with Encounters Travel
- Encounters Travel
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!