“Excellent tour. Activities were exactly as described. Accommodation was very good. We chose the backpackers ensuite room and were pleasantly surprised at each stop! Our guide was Ferne and she was excellent - very knowledgeable and did everything in her ca...“
Earthstompers Adventures is an established tour company offering high quality tours of the beautiful Garden Route of South Africa.
Earthstompers Adventures is an established tour company offering high quality tours of the beautiful Garden Route of South Africa.Read more
6 Earthstompers Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Sameh6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 10, 2017Well organized, professional tour guide ,
- Piparu6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 10, 2017So much better than expected! The backpacker rooms were great, the places visited and activites well planned and Stephanie was the best guide I have had on any …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Thank you SO much for writing us this awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great tour! We will definitely pass your kind words on to Stephanie, I'm sure she will appreciate it! Warm Regards from a sunny Cape Town Cindy & the Earthstompers team
- Nicole6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 28, 2016Excellent tour. Activities were exactly as described. Accommodation was very good. We chose the backpackers ensuite room and were pleasantly surprised at each s…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood Morning Nicole, Thank you for your great review, so glad you enjoyed your time with Earthstompers. Greetings from Cape Town Hendrik and the Earthstompers team.
- Jjane6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 15, 2016Guide, transport and backpacker single rooms were excellentEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewThanks for the great review, Jane We are very happy that you enjoyed the tour! Thanks for taking the time to review us :) Warm Regards, The Earthstompers Team
- AAnonymous5-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 25, 2015Happy Christmas! Just a really quick email to say I just finished my 5 day tour with Rochelle today and I had to tell you guys straight away what an amazing wee…Read more
- AAnonymous5-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 19, 2015The Garden Route tour was great. There were so many highlights, that I don’t know with which one to start with. South Africa is such a wonderful country, despit…Read more
- AAnonymous4 Day Garden Route Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 4, 2015i just want to say Thank you again for the Tour – I enjoyed every minute. I have travelled with all the “big” companies before, like G Adventures, Contiki, Drag…Read more
Earthstompers Adventures Tours
About Earthstompers Adventures
Earthstompers Adventures video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Earthstompers Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
This looks like a great tour! My 5-year-old son would love it!
That’s great! Lets book a private tour for you. We do not take children on our group Garden Route tours, out of consideration for the other guests. Our age limit is 18 years old and up. We are willing to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis, for those who are 16 and up, in consultation with the parent. We are also happy to put together private tours for families traveling with children.
Where do we have dinner?
Guest House guests and Backpackers get together every night for dinner although they are staying at different places. Day 1 you will all get together at the Backpackers and have a traditional potjie, Day 2 at a Beach Bar, Day 3 you have the day off to do dinner wherever you like, Day 4 the Backpackers and Guest House guests stay at the same accommodation establishment and you will have a real farm cooked meal, Day 5 will be farewell at the Backpackers again. (Please note, this might change due to circumstances out of our control). There is a cash bar available at all these venues.
Do I need to bring bedding or towels?
Nope. All the bedding and towels will be provided at both the backpackers and guesthouses on tour. Bring a beach towel.
How do I pay for the optional activities?
All the optional activities are paid directly to the activity operator. In most cases, they can accept credit cards.
I’m not sure which optional activities I want to do. Can I decide while on tour?
For the most part, yes. Your guide will be a good resource to describe what the various activities are like, and help you make decisions. There are two exceptions: the shark cage diving and the whale watching boat trip. We need to know if you’d like to participate in these activities in advance, as they take place on the first day of tour, and we need to make a booking ahead of time.
Don’t worry about not participating in the optional activities - you won’t be left sitting in the van! We have carefully worked out the itinerary so that there is always something to do for everyone. For example, on the first day of tour, we offer both shark cage diving and a whale watching boat trip as optional activities. Those who choose not to do either of these get to drive along the scenic coast of False Bay, stop at Bettie’s Bay to see an African Penguin colony, and have time for a leisurely lunch and market shopping in the seaside town of Hermanus.
Who else is booked on my tour?
We get such a great mix of people on our tours. Our average age is 33. Our guests come from all over the world, but the biggest number come from Germany, England, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. 70% of our guests are woman. About 20% of guests opt for the Guest House option and 80% for the Backpacker option. We often get solo travelers, groups of friends, or families, such as a parent and their adult child. One of the consistent highlights of the trip is getting to know the other passengers.
How many people will be on my tour?
Our tours range from a minimum of 3 guests to a maximum of 12 guests. Our vehicles are a Mercedes Vito, which can seat up to 7 passengers, and a Toyota Quantum, which can seat up to 13 passengers. Your tour will be small and personal – no big coaches for our regular weekly departure.