“We had an amazing tour with Earthstompers. Ferne did an awesome job. She was friendly, made everyone comfortable, was knowledgable, energetic, and just a lot of fun to be with for a week. The route took us through a beautiful country and the activities ...“
Earthstompers Adventures Guides
Earthstompers Adventures is an established tour company offering high quality tours of the beautiful Garden Route of South Africa.
Earthstompers Adventures is an established tour company offering high quality tours of the beautiful Garden Route of South Africa.Read more
12 Earthstompers Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- QYQin5-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 25, 2018We finished our tour this Friday and we would highly recommend Earthstompers if you wanted to do a guided tour. The activities were great and there is something…Read more
- MJMichelle5-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 10, 2018The tour was great, so many amazing places, food, accommodation and bus were great! Christine was an amazing guide, lots of local knowledge(especially for food …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Michelle Thank you so much for this beautiful review! We are so happy to hear that you had a great time on the Garden Route with Christine and will definitely pass along your comments to her :) Thank you for recommending us! Warm Regards Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
- Sameh6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 10, 2017Well organized, professional tour guide ,
- Piparu6-Day Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 10, 2017So much better than expected! The backpacker rooms were great, the places visited and activites well planned and Stephanie was the best guide I have had on any …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Thank you SO much for writing us this awesome review! We are so happy to hear that you had such a great tour! We will definitely pass your kind words on to Stephanie, I'm sure she will appreciate it! Warm Regards from a sunny Cape Town Cindy & the Earthstompers team
Earthstompers Adventures Tours
About Earthstompers Adventures
Earthstompers Adventures video
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Earthstompers Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
This looks like a great tour! My 5-year-old son would love it!
That’s great! Lets book a private tour for you. We do not take children on our group Garden Route tours, out of consideration for the other guests. Our age limit is 18 years old and up. We are willing to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis, for those who are 16 and up, in consultation with the parent. We are also happy to put together private tours for families traveling with children.
Where do we have dinner?
Guest House guests and Backpackers get together every night for dinner although they are staying at different places. Day 1 you will all get together at the Backpackers and have a traditional potjie, Day 2 at a Beach Bar, Day 3 you have the day off to do dinner wherever you like, Day 4 the Backpackers and Guest House guests stay at the same accommodation establishment and you will have a real farm cooked meal, Day 5 will be farewell at the Backpackers again. (Please note, this might change due to circumstances out of our control). There is a cash bar available at all these venues.
Do I need to bring bedding or towels?
Nope. All the bedding and towels will be provided at both the backpackers and guesthouses on tour. Bring a beach towel.
How do I pay for the optional activities?
All the optional activities are paid directly to the activity operator. In most cases, they can accept credit cards.
I’m not sure which optional activities I want to do. Can I decide while on tour?
For the most part, yes. Your guide will be a good resource to describe what the various activities are like, and help you make decisions. There are two exceptions: the shark cage diving and the whale watching boat trip. We need to know if you’d like to participate in these activities in advance, as they take place on the first day of tour, and we need to make a booking ahead of time.
Don’t worry about not participating in the optional activities - you won’t be left sitting in the van! We have carefully worked out the itinerary so that there is always something to do for everyone. For example, on the first day of tour, we offer both shark cage diving and a whale watching boat trip as optional activities. Those who choose not to do either of these get to drive along the scenic coast of False Bay, stop at Bettie’s Bay to see an African Penguin colony, and have time for a leisurely lunch and market shopping in the seaside town of Hermanus.
Who else is booked on my tour?
We get such a great mix of people on our tours. Our average age is 33. Our guests come from all over the world, but the biggest number come from Germany, England, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. 70% of our guests are woman. About 20% of guests opt for the Guest House option and 80% for the Backpacker option. We often get solo travelers, groups of friends, or families, such as a parent and their adult child. One of the consistent highlights of the trip is getting to know the other passengers.
How many people will be on my tour?
Our tours range from a minimum of 3 guests to a maximum of 12 guests. Our vehicles are a Mercedes Vito, which can seat up to 7 passengers, and a Toyota Quantum, which can seat up to 13 passengers. Your tour will be small and personal – no big coaches for our regular weekly departure.