“From moment I met Christine I felt her friendly vibes,and I knew this trip going to be amazing.She really cares about each one in her group,making sure that all of us satisfied.It was my first time road and group trip but it was the best vacation ever. Def...“
Earthstompers Adventures Guides
- Garden Route adventure, sights, food and experiences
- 3 scheduled group tours departing every week
- Private Customized Tours
- Passionate, local guides
- Owner run, by Garden Route born owner
Earthstompers Adventures is a South African tour company, established in 2006, specializing in tours of the Garden Route & Addo Elephant National Park. The offering includes a scheduled group tour departing every Monday & Friday from Cape Town. Earthstompers is owne...
Earthstompers Adventures is a South African tour company, established in 2006, specializing in tours of the Garden Route & Addo Elephant National Park. The offering includes a scheduled group tour departing every Monday & Friday from Cape Town. Earthstompers is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Hendrik & Chrissy HumanRead more
75 Earthstompers Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- GBGary5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 24, 2020A great tour. The guide, Nick, was excellent. Friendly and informative. I stayed at the backpackers hostels which were fine. They were clean and the food was ve…Read more
- PPierina Rousseva5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 14, 2020Great experience from day 1, when I contacted Earthstopmers (almost 6 months before our trip) to the very last moment of the trip. Everyone was extremely helpfu…Read more
- NNora5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 14, 2020I'm finally back home after the 5 day Garden Route tour. The week was a great experience and I highly recommend it to everyone! I'm a 18 years old solo travelle…Read more
- DDesmond5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 10, 2020We are just back from our 5 day Garden Tour with Earthstompers and our brilliant guide Christine. From my initial enquiry prior to making a booking the office s…Read more
- Tommaso4-Day Group Garden Route Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 31, 2019Amazing
- Sherry6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 22, 2019I had an opportunity to see a lot of the Garden Route with some very good accommodations. It was a really good value and I would highly recommend Earthstompers.
- Elyse6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 17, 2019Truly the most incredible vacation of my life. Earthstompers and Christine gave me so many amazing experiences on this trip. Christine's kindness, photography, …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHello Elyse, Thank you very much for the lovely review! We're happy to know that you had a great time on the road with Christine. It's lovely to hear that you became good friends with your fellow travellers and that you enjoyed the selection of activities and accommodations on the tour. We appreciate that you took the time to review your experience and hope you will return to South Africa in the future! Safe Travels, Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
Earthstompers Adventures Tours
About Earthstompers Adventures
Earthstompers Adventures video
Earthstompers Adventures Guides
- "Stephanie is our senior guide and a real expert on the flora and fauna in South Africa. It is a pleasure…"
- "Rochelle grew up in the small rural town of Musina, near the Zimbabwean border, where she found a love…"
- "Pieter is a freelance guide born & raised in Cape Town. He's been involved with many different departments…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Earthstompers Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
This looks like a great tour! My 5-year-old son would love it!
That’s great! Lets book a private tour for you. We do not take children on our group Garden Route tours, out of consideration for the other guests. Our age limit is 18 years old and up. We are willing to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis, for those who are 16 and up, in consultation with the parent. We are also happy to put together private tours for families traveling with children.
Where do we have dinner?
Guest House guests and Backpackers get together every night for dinner although they are staying at different places. Day 1 you will all get together at the Backpackers and have a traditional potjie, Day 2 at a Beach Bar, Day 3 you have the day off to do dinner wherever you like, Day 4 the Backpackers and Guest House guests stay at the same accommodation establishment and you will have a real farm cooked meal, Day 5 will be farewell at the Backpackers again. (Please note, this might change due to circumstances out of our control). There is a cash bar available at all these venues.
Do I need to bring bedding or towels?
Nope. All the bedding and towels will be provided at both the backpackers and guesthouses on tour. Bring a beach towel.
How do I pay for the optional activities?
All the optional activities are paid directly to the activity operator. In most cases, they can accept credit cards.
I’m not sure which optional activities I want to do. Can I decide while on tour?
For the most part, yes. Your guide will be a good resource to describe what the various activities are like, and help you make decisions. There are two exceptions: the shark cage diving and the whale watching boat trip. We need to know if you’d like to participate in these activities in advance, as they take place on the first day of tour, and we need to make a booking ahead of time.
Don’t worry about not participating in the optional activities - you won’t be left sitting in the van! We have carefully worked out the itinerary so that there is always something to do for everyone. For example, on the first day of tour, we offer both shark cage diving and a whale watching boat trip as optional activities. Those who choose not to do either of these get to drive along the scenic coast of False Bay, stop at Bettie’s Bay to see an African Penguin colony, and have time for a leisurely lunch and market shopping in the seaside town of Hermanus.
Who else is booked on my tour?
We get such a great mix of people on our tours. Our average age is 33. Our guests come from all over the world, but the biggest number come from Germany, England, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. 70% of our guests are woman. About 20% of guests opt for the Guest House option and 80% for the Backpacker option. We often get solo travelers, groups of friends, or families, such as a parent and their adult child. One of the consistent highlights of the trip is getting to know the other passengers.
How many people will be on my tour?
Our tours range from a minimum of 3 guests to a maximum of 12 guests. Our vehicles are a Mercedes Vito, which can seat up to 7 passengers, and a Toyota Quantum, which can seat up to 13 passengers. Your tour will be small and personal – no big coaches for our regular weekly departure.