“What an amazing trip! Chrissy made everyone feel completely at home, and created such an exciting and adventurous vibe throughout the whole trip. Not only that, but gave us an incredible amount of knowledge throughout our trip; locations, wildlife, history...“
Earthstompers Adventures Guides
- Garden Route adventure, sights, food and experiences
- 3 scheduled group tours departing every week
- Private Customized Tours
- Passionate, local guides
- Owner run, by Garden Route born owner
Earthstompers Adventures is a South African tour company, established in 2006, specializing in tours of the Garden Route & Addo Elephant National Park. The offering includes a scheduled group tour departing every Monday & Friday from Cape Town. Earthstompers is owne...
Earthstompers Adventures is a South African tour company, established in 2006, specializing in tours of the Garden Route & Addo Elephant National Park. The offering includes a scheduled group tour departing every Monday & Friday from Cape Town. Earthstompers is owned and operated by husband and wife team, Hendrik & Chrissy HumanRead more
52 Earthstompers Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Martha Katharina6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 15, 2019Christine is an enthusiastic, excellent and wonderful guide. She gave us with her knowledge an insight view in the garden route. Christine knows stories about a…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Martha Thank you so much for the great review! We are thrilled to hear about your amazing time on the Garden Route. We will also be sure to send your compliments along to Christine who I'm sure will appreciate it very much! :) Safe Travels Cindy, General Manager
- Julie6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 12, 2019Amazing trip, wonderful guide,awesome country!Earthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Julie Thank you very much for your review, we very much appreciate it. We're glad to hear you enjoyed the tour! :) Safe Travels Cindy & the Earthstompers Team #stillstomping
- Ggladysromero6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 6, 2019Fantastic time with Cristine as our guide. Time went very fast but memorable experience to last a life time. Beautiful scenery, quaint accommodations, delicio…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHello, Thank you for the great review, Gladys! We are very happy to hear about your great time with Christine on the Garden Route. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback, we very much appreciate it. Lovely to hear that you have great memories and that you enjoyed the meals, accommodations and guide :) Safe Travels! Cindy & the Earthstompers Team #stillstomping
- AAnnaBrigel6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 3, 2019Great Trip! Very nice and helpful guide, who cares about his clients very wellEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHello Anna, Thanks so much for your review received and for the 4.5 star rating overall. Safe Travels! Cindy & the Earthstompers Team #stillstomping
- SSuus6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 29, 2019I can genuinely say that this tour and the guide Christine are worth five stars! The 6-day tour was really amazing and it was an experience to remember. I felt …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHello Suus, Wow, thanks SO much for the awesome review! It makes us really happy to hear great feedback like this. We're delighted to hear how much you enjoyed your time on the Garden Route with Christine :) She is a wonderful person and a fantastic guide. We are truly blessed with an amazing team. It's great to hear that you enjoyed the traditional dinners and accommodations. Thanks so much for the 5 star rating! Safe Travels Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
- Marta5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 28, 2019I did the 5 days group tour from Cape town to Port Elizabeth in June 2019. First of all, the tour guide, Christine was brilliant. She was not only very experien…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHello Marta, We appreciate the feedback from your Garden Route adventure with Christine, thank you! We are very happy to hear you had a great time and that you liked the backpackers and meals. We will make sure to pass along your compliments to Christine, thanks you! Safe Travels Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
- Tom6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 24, 2019Christine was amazing! She told us a lot, a lot of interesting stuff. I was in South Africa for four weeks and volunteered so didnt explore South Africa that mu…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewHi Tom, Thanks so much for the fantastic review! We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed the tour so much and that you got to see some more of South Africa after volunteering in Cape Town! Thank you for joining our tour :) Safe Travels! Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
- LLarsIsaac5-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour (one-way)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 31, 2019What an amazing trip! Chrissy made everyone feel completely at home, and created such an exciting and adventurous vibe throughout the whole trip. Not only that,…Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day! Wow, thanks for the awesome review! We are so happy to receive this great feedback and we're really glad that you had such an awesome time on tour with Christine. Thanks for taking the time to give us feedback, we really appreciate it. Safe Travels! Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
- ESEllie6-Day Group Garden Route & Addo Adventure Tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 26, 2019The tour and all the activities were amazing! Ferne was great, couldn’t have asked for a better guide - thanks for the singing, pep talks and fab wine choices! …Read moreEarthstompers Adventures commented on this reviewGood day, Ellie Thank you so much for the lovely review! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and we're really happy to hear about your great time on tour with superguide Ferne! :) We'll certainly pass along your compliments, thank you. Safe Travels! Cindy & the Earthstompers Team
Earthstompers Adventures Tours
About Earthstompers Adventures
Earthstompers Adventures video
Earthstompers Adventures Guides
- "Stephanie is our senior guide and a real expert on the flora and fauna in South Africa. It is a pleasure…"
- "Rochelle grew up in the small rural town of Musina, near the Zimbabwean border, where she found a love…"
- "Pieter is a freelance guide born & raised in Cape Town. He's been involved with many different departments…"
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Earthstompers Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
This looks like a great tour! My 5-year-old son would love it!
That’s great! Lets book a private tour for you. We do not take children on our group Garden Route tours, out of consideration for the other guests. Our age limit is 18 years old and up. We are willing to consider exceptions on a case-by-case basis, for those who are 16 and up, in consultation with the parent. We are also happy to put together private tours for families traveling with children.
Where do we have dinner?
Guest House guests and Backpackers get together every night for dinner although they are staying at different places. Day 1 you will all get together at the Backpackers and have a traditional potjie, Day 2 at a Beach Bar, Day 3 you have the day off to do dinner wherever you like, Day 4 the Backpackers and Guest House guests stay at the same accommodation establishment and you will have a real farm cooked meal, Day 5 will be farewell at the Backpackers again. (Please note, this might change due to circumstances out of our control). There is a cash bar available at all these venues.
Do I need to bring bedding or towels?
Nope. All the bedding and towels will be provided at both the backpackers and guesthouses on tour. Bring a beach towel.
How do I pay for the optional activities?
All the optional activities are paid directly to the activity operator. In most cases, they can accept credit cards.
I’m not sure which optional activities I want to do. Can I decide while on tour?
For the most part, yes. Your guide will be a good resource to describe what the various activities are like, and help you make decisions. There are two exceptions: the shark cage diving and the whale watching boat trip. We need to know if you’d like to participate in these activities in advance, as they take place on the first day of tour, and we need to make a booking ahead of time.
Don’t worry about not participating in the optional activities - you won’t be left sitting in the van! We have carefully worked out the itinerary so that there is always something to do for everyone. For example, on the first day of tour, we offer both shark cage diving and a whale watching boat trip as optional activities. Those who choose not to do either of these get to drive along the scenic coast of False Bay, stop at Bettie’s Bay to see an African Penguin colony, and have time for a leisurely lunch and market shopping in the seaside town of Hermanus.
Who else is booked on my tour?
We get such a great mix of people on our tours. Our average age is 33. Our guests come from all over the world, but the biggest number come from Germany, England, the United States, Canada, Australia, and Europe. 70% of our guests are woman. About 20% of guests opt for the Guest House option and 80% for the Backpacker option. We often get solo travelers, groups of friends, or families, such as a parent and their adult child. One of the consistent highlights of the trip is getting to know the other passengers.
How many people will be on my tour?
Our tours range from a minimum of 3 guests to a maximum of 12 guests. Our vehicles are a Mercedes Vito, which can seat up to 7 passengers, and a Toyota Quantum, which can seat up to 13 passengers. Your tour will be small and personal – no big coaches for our regular weekly departure.