“Our adventure was between Vic falls and Windhoek...it was the most incredible experience with much to see and do. we had an amazing group of people who i'm honored to say will hopefully be friends forever more. Our tour guides were Andy and Mike who were...“
Dragoman offers holidays that are authentic in nature, aiming to get off the beaten track to really understand the places they travel to. Sometimes it can be spending time with the locals, going places others don’t, and just trying to have an authentic, local experi...
Dragoman offers holidays that are authentic in nature, aiming to get off the beaten track to really understand the places they travel to. Sometimes it can be spending time with the locals, going places others don’t, and just trying to have an authentic, local experience with an open mind. The company is based in the east of England, in rural Suffolk, and is proud to be independantly owned. Dragoman has grown to be a market leader in overland travel, and have come quite a way since their first tour back in 1981. While growing in size over time, they aim to still be small enough to ensure each Dragoman traveler has an incredible life changing adventure.Read more
9 Dragoman Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 3.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- JennPatagonia & Andes between Santiago and Ushuaia (from Santiago to Ushuaia)3.0 - AverageWritten on November 24, 2017Wouldn't recommend them for South America. Guides are not helpful, they are only there to pay for lodging and sell extra options. Trip kitty was more expensive …Read more
- ELEmilySilk Route between Tashkent and Xi'an (from Tashkent to Xi'an)4.0 - GoodWritten on September 5, 2017An amazing time. The scenery and the people were wonderful.
- JHJohanSilk Route between Ashgabat and Tashkent (from Tashkent to Ashgabat)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on July 1, 2017… (Jalal) was fantastic and went well beyond what you might expect.The Dragoman driver and tour guide (Paul and Adam) were great and they and the l…Read more
- BBob2.0 - Rather poorWritten on March 6, 2017Specific to Dragoman South America tour. I do not recommend this tour company to anyone.…Read more
- Sang LyunAfrica East & South between Addis Ababa and Arba Minch (from Arba Minch to Addis Ababa)2.0 - Rather poorWritten on February 28, 2017Guide: Since the driver and guide were both European, another local guide need to be hired. So a lot of expenses was resulted. For example, in another company t…Read more
- CPChristineFamily Overland between Windhoek and Victoria Falls4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 10, 2016Our adventure was between Vic falls and Windhoek...it was the most incredible experience with much to see and do. we had an amazing group of people who i'm ho…Read more
- CBCiaranIndia Circuit between Chennai and Kolkata4.0 - GoodWritten on March 5, 2016Interesting tour, lots to do, good to visit the tribal region. Much better than the Mumbai to Chennai leg. Tour leader good.
- CBCiaranIndia Circuit between Mumbai and Chennai4.0 - GoodWritten on March 5, 2016It was an ok tour, more chill out than anything else, strange that we spent 3 days at one of the places where there was nothing to do. Tour leader good.
- AnonymousAndes & Amazon between Lima and Cuzco (from Lima to Cuzco)3.5 - GoodWritten on February 28, 2013…mend Peru ! Beautiful landscapes, friendly locals, really nice fellow Dragoman travellers and cheap cocktails!Read more
- Patagonia & Andes between Santiago and Ushuaia (from Santiago to Ushuaia) 23 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Santiago$1,969
- Silk Route between Tashkent and Xi'an (from Tashkent to Xi'an) 42 daysStarts TashkentEnds Xian$4,300
- India Circuit between Chennai and Kolkata 14 daysStarts Chennai (Madras)Ends Kolkata (Calcutta)$1,121
- Main Page Video
- What Is Overlanding?
- Overlanding The Silk Road
- Overlanding La Paz to Buenos Aires
- Show more...
- Dragoman East Africa
- East & Southern Africa Short
- South America
- Overlanding Xian
- Overlanding Istanbul
- The Wild Andes Trek
- Dragoman - 2017
Years Of Experience
Off The Beaten Track
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 60,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 20,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Popular for Dragoman
Dragoman Story & History
Dragoman ran their first overland tour in 1981, which gives them over experience of more than 30 years as one of the longest running adventure companies out there. At the core of what Dragoman has done since they started, is offer award winning, adventurous, and captivating experiences. Since the beginning, they have constantly perfected their itineraries, ensuring they are both unique and comprehensive.
Since they first started back in 1981 with their first tour, they have continued to grow and now show more than 2500 travelers each year incredible parts of the world. These days they visit 55 different countries throughout Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What things do I need to bring with me?
The clothes and equipment to bring should be appropriate for the conditions you’ll be travelling in, which will vary depending on which part of the world you're heading to, and when.
It is recommended to bring the following:
Sleeping bag, mattress or compressed foam, 2 sets of comfortable travelling clothes (light, easily washable cotton clothes are best), 1 set of casual but smart clothes for evenings out.
Women should bring a skirt that covers their knees and a scarf for visiting places of worship, 2 pairs of shorts, sun hat or warm hat if trekking, 1 pair of sunglasses, warm sweater/fleeces, 1 waterproof jacket with hood, 1 pair of comfortable walking shoes/boots (or ankle height canvas jungle boots), 1 pair of sandals or flip-flops, underwear and socks (thermals are also a good idea if you are travelling to altitude or to the desert as it can get very cold at night), swimwear, 2 small towels, washing kit, including a small mirror, clothes washing detergent, small scrubbing brush & washing line (just a length of cord), head torch/flashlight with spare batteries & bulbs (only the 3 standard sizes of round 1.5v batteries are widely available en route), passport photos (average of 2 per country for which visas will be applied for en route), good water bottle at least 1 litre, a pouch or money belt worn inside your clothing, or unobtrusive pocket sewn into the inside of a pair of loose fitting trousers, is a must, alarm clock, pocket calculator (useful when exchanging money), writing materials & notebook/diary, multi purpose knife, cotton sheet sleeping bag (or sheet folded and sewn up on 2 sides).
It will help keep your sleeping bag clean, and can be used on its own on warm nights, mosquito net, "Wet Ones" (moistened tissues), hand gel, toilet paper, assorted sized plastic bags - protects clothing and equipment from dust and dampness.
Is it possible for travellers below 18 years old to travel alone?
For you to travel on your own you have to be 18 years old on the day you start to travel.
How much money should I bring?
Spending money varies on each traveller. However the recommended per day is around 10 – 15 USD. ATM’s are available in most countries en-route. Travellers Cheques are one way to get money but not all banks exchange them and when they do it is often not at a particularly good exchange rate.
Do I have to share the accomodations on the tour?
Yes, Dragoman trips are run on a shared accommodation basis, from the first night at your joining hotel, to the nights under canvas camping you will be sharing with another traveller. If you are a solo traveller you will be paired with a person of the same sex.
What are the available charging facilities on tour?
There will normally be charging facilities at most official campsites and hotels. Dragoman trucks vary and some will have charging facilities for the group to use, worse case scenario there is a 12v cigarette lighter on the truck which will usually be available to you. A “solar monkey” type charger is also recommended.
How about travellers with special dietary requirements?
Upon booking, you will need to inform us of your dietary requirements and any allergies so we can pass this information onto Dragoman. If you have a specific allergy or intolerance and are concerned that suitable foodstuffs may not be available en-route please bring these along with you. There will generally always be a vegetarian option available.
What is the recommended luggage for the tour?
Dragoman recommends the use of a backpack or soft bag rather than a heavy suitcase. During your trip the main luggage will be kept in the back locker so a small daypack is needed. This can be used to carry cameras, water bottle and other personal effects for daily use. Dragoman also recommends that your bag be no larger than 66cm deep, 30cm wide, and 30cm high. The weight limit for luggage on all trucks is maximum 20kg. Backpacks should not have an external frame unless it can be easily removed and stored separately to avoid damaging other people's luggage. Clothes and equipment should be appropriate for the conditions you are travelling in.
Is there a "free time" while on tour?
Yes, Dragoman trips allows free time to travellers. Trips can at times be intense and action packed but there is a balance to give you time to wander the streets of a city, enjoy stunning remote beaches or simply take in the natural surrounds and beautiful scenery.
Is travel insurance needed on the tour?
It is a condition of booking that you have comprehensive travel insurance. Without evidence of valid travel insurance you will not be allowed to start the trip. Please contact us for more information or visit this page www.tourradar.com/travel-insurance for a free quote with our insurance partners, World Nomads.
What visas are needed for a Dragoman tour?
The visa requirements for your trip vary depending on where you are from and where you are going. Please contact us, we are happy to assist you in booking your Dragoman tour and provide you with visa information.