“Ben did such a great job as a tour leader. He always went above and beyond, always giving us a little bit of background about a place. He was also the expert animal spotter of the group. He managed to spot a rhino's ear twitching with his eye, which was so...“
- We genuinely get you off the beaten track
- We take time to enjoy the journey
- We get you into the local community
- We make the journey as active as you want
Dragoman offers holidays that are authentic in nature, aiming to get you off the beaten track to really understand the places they travel to. Sometimes it can be spending time with the locals, going places others don’t, and just trying to have an authentic, local ex...
Dragoman offers holidays that are authentic in nature, aiming to get you off the beaten track to really understand the places they travel to. Sometimes it can be spending time with the locals, going places others don’t, and just trying to have an authentic, local experience with an open mind. The company is based in the east of England, in rural Suffolk, and is proud to be independently owned. Dragoman has grown to be a leading specialist in overland travel to Africa, Asia and Latin America. They have come a long way since their first tour back in 1981. While growing in size over time, they are still small enough to ensure each Dragoman traveler has an incredible life changing adventure.Read more
55 Dragoman Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 3.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- GGrahamandGillianAfrica East & South between Victoria Falls and Cape Town (Cape Town to Victoria Falls - 2017)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 13, 2018Both my wife and I had an opportunity of a lifetime. Meeting Ben at the Destination Travel show at Olympia certainly persuaded us to travel with Dragoman. It wa…Read more
- EmyAfrica East & South between Nairobi and Nairobi with Gorillas5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 12, 2018The trip itself was just absolutely stunning! I have never seen so many wild animals and such beautiful landscapes before. Also the african culture and the way …Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThanks so much for your amazing review of your Dragoman Africa trip!
- AAnonymousAfrica East & South between Zanzibar and Cape Town (Cape Town to Zanzibar)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 12, 2018What an adventure! If you’re someone that wants to get off the beaten track and really get to the depths of different countries and see things that no other tou…Read more
- LLizzieHitchcockAfrica East & South between Victoria Falls and Cape Town (Victoria Falls to Cape Town - 2017)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 12, 2018Amazing Trip topped off by an amazing guide. Very fun, helpful, knowledgeable and skilled. Couldn’t have been a more exhiliating, comfortable and fun experience…Read more
- MMariaDoglioliAfrica East & South between Nairobi and Zanzibar (Zanzibar to Nairobi - 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 6, 2018This trip was absolutely amazing! The best parts of it, in my view, were the safaris in Serengeti and Ngorongoro Crater. Ben was super dedicated, looking after …Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThanks for your great review of your trip between Nairobi and Zanzibar with Dragoman. We're delighted you had such a great trip!
- AAnonymousAfrica East & South between Nairobi and Zanzibar (Zanzibar to Nairobi - 2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 6, 2018The trip was an amazing experience! In my view, the best parts of it were the safaris in Serengeti, Ngorongoro Crater and South Lwangua. I know it will be diffi…Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThanks for your great review of Dragoman. We're delighted you had sucha good tour!
- SSandraPetersAndes & Amazon between Lima and La Paz (La Paz to Lima)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 4, 2018Joined a group in process. Made great connections with others joining at same time, but existing group (and one of the guides) was very tight knit. Overall, a…Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThanks for your great review.
- VVictoriaStephensonSilk Route between Tashkent and Bishkek (Tashkent to Bishkek)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 1, 2018A great trip, full of adventures, laughter, culture and history. Could not recommend it highly enough but be prepared for wild camping and basic facilities - wh…Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThank you for your great review of Dragoman. We're delighted to hear that you found the overlanding lifestyle was so memorable.
- LenaAfrica East & South between Victoria Falls and Cape Town (Cape Town to Victoria Falls - 2017)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 30, 2018Ben did such a great job as a tour leader. He always went above and beyond, always giving us a little bit of background about a place. He was also the expert an…Read moreDragoman commented on this reviewThanks for your great review of Dragoman. We're really pleased to hear that your Dragoman guide did such a great job and has such amazing rhino spotting skills!
- PPaulGAfrica East & South between Victoria Falls and Cape Town (Victoria Falls to Cape Town - 2017)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 6, 2018A wonderful trip from Victoria Falls to Cape Town with Dragoman. Great itinerary, lots of fun, amazing sights and an excellent tour guide in Ben!
- Patagonia & Andes between Santiago and Ushuaia (Santiago to Ushuaia - 2018/19) 23 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Santiago$2,110 $1,582-25%
- Patagonia & Andes between Santiago and Buenos Aires via Ushuaia (Buenos Aires to Santiago - 2018/19) 34 daysStarts Buenos AiresEnds Santiago$2,780 $2,085-25%
- Patagonia & Andes between Santiago and Ushuaia (Ushuaia to Santiago - 2018/19) 23 daysStarts UshuaiaEnds Santiago$2,110 $1,582-25%
- Main Page Video
- What Is Overlanding?
- Overlanding The Silk Road
- Overlanding La Paz to Buenos Aires
- Show more...
- Dragoman East Africa
- East & Southern Africa Short
- South America
- Overlanding Xian
- Overlanding Istanbul
- The Wild Andes Trek
- Dragoman - 2017
- Dragoman - Bhutan in 60 seconds
Years Of Experience
Off The Beaten Track
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Popular for Dragoman
Dragoman Story & History
Dragoman ran their first overland tour in 1981, which gives them over experience of more than 30 years as one of the longest running adventure companies out there. At the core of what Dragoman has done since they started, is offer award winning, adventurous, and captivating experiences. Since the beginning, they have constantly perfected their itineraries, ensuring they are both unique and comprehensive.
Since they first started back in 1981 with their first tour, they have continued to grow and now show more than 2500 travelers each year incredible parts of the world. These days they visit 55 different countries throughout Latin America, Africa and Asia.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What things do I need to bring with me?
The clothes and equipment to bring should be appropriate for the conditions you’ll be travelling in, which will vary depending on which part of the world you're heading to, and when.
It is recommended to bring the following:
Sleeping bag, mattress or compressed foam, 2 sets of comfortable travelling clothes (light, easily washable cotton clothes are best), 1 set of casual but smart clothes for evenings out.
Women should bring a skirt that covers their knees and a scarf for visiting places of worship, 2 pairs of shorts, sun hat or warm hat if trekking, 1 pair of sunglasses, warm sweater/fleeces, 1 waterproof jacket with hood, 1 pair of comfortable walking shoes/boots (or ankle height canvas jungle boots), 1 pair of sandals or flip-flops, underwear and socks (thermals are also a good idea if you are travelling to altitude or to the desert as it can get very cold at night), swimwear, 2 small towels, washing kit, including a small mirror, clothes washing detergent, small scrubbing brush & washing line (just a length of cord), head torch/flashlight with spare batteries & bulbs (only the 3 standard sizes of round 1.5v batteries are widely available en route), passport photos (average of 2 per country for which visas will be applied for en route), good water bottle at least 1 litre, a pouch or money belt worn inside your clothing, or unobtrusive pocket sewn into the inside of a pair of loose fitting trousers, is a must, alarm clock, pocket calculator (useful when exchanging money), writing materials & notebook/diary, multi purpose knife, cotton sheet sleeping bag (or sheet folded and sewn up on 2 sides).
It will help keep your sleeping bag clean, and can be used on its own on warm nights, mosquito net, "Wet Ones" (moistened tissues), hand gel, toilet paper, assorted sized plastic bags - protects clothing and equipment from dust and dampness.
Is it possible for travellers below 18 years old to travel alone?
For you to travel on your own you have to be 18 years old on the day you start to travel.
How much money should I bring?
Spending money varies on each traveller. However the recommended per day is around 10 – 15 USD. ATM’s are available in most countries en-route. Travellers Cheques are one way to get money but not all banks exchange them and when they do it is often not at a particularly good exchange rate.
Do I have to share the accomodations on the tour?
Yes, Dragoman trips are run on a shared accommodation basis, from the first night at your joining hotel, to the nights under canvas camping you will be sharing with another traveller. If you are a solo traveller you will be paired with a person of the same sex.
What are the available charging facilities on tour?
There will normally be charging facilities at most official campsites and hotels. Dragoman trucks vary and some will have charging facilities for the group to use, worse case scenario there is a 12v cigarette lighter on the truck which will usually be available to you. A “solar monkey” type charger is also recommended.
How about travellers with special dietary requirements?
Upon booking, you will need to inform us of your dietary requirements and any allergies so we can pass this information onto Dragoman. If you have a specific allergy or intolerance and are concerned that suitable foodstuffs may not be available en-route please bring these along with you. There will generally always be a vegetarian option available.
What is the recommended luggage for the tour?
Dragoman recommends the use of a backpack or soft bag rather than a heavy suitcase. During your trip the main luggage will be kept in the back locker so a small daypack is needed. This can be used to carry cameras, water bottle and other personal effects for daily use. Dragoman also recommends that your bag be no larger than 66cm deep, 30cm wide, and 30cm high. The weight limit for luggage on all trucks is maximum 20kg. Backpacks should not have an external frame unless it can be easily removed and stored separately to avoid damaging other people's luggage. Clothes and equipment should be appropriate for the conditions you are travelling in.
Is there a "free time" while on tour?
Yes, Dragoman trips allows free time to travellers. Trips can at times be intense and action packed but there is a balance to give you time to wander the streets of a city, enjoy stunning remote beaches or simply take in the natural surrounds and beautiful scenery.
Is travel insurance needed on the tour?
It is a condition of booking that you have comprehensive travel insurance. Without evidence of valid travel insurance you will not be allowed to start the trip. Please contact us for more information or visit this page www.tourradar.com/travel-insurance for a free quote with our insurance partners, World Nomads.
What visas are needed for a Dragoman tour?
The visa requirements for your trip vary depending on where you are from and where you are going. Please contact us, we are happy to assist you in booking your Dragoman tour and provide you with visa information.