- Discover the world at your pace
- Luxury travel combined with several activities
- Meet local guides in the most famous destinations
- Live like a local while exploring
67 Discovery Nomads Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- MFMichaelFrance, Switzerland and Italy Adventure Tour2.5 - AverageWritten on October 10, 2017…ut any overall guidance. In the tour description from Tour Radar and Discovery Nomads they speak of a Paris sightseeing tour, which was actually …Read moreDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Michael, Thank you for your review. We informed you after the booking that the Voucher and other travel documents will be sent 10 days prior to departure. This is standard practice and we sent you the documents within the stated period. You asked for the train departure times and we answered that departures are usually scheduled in the morning and sent you an approximate timing noting that it depends on the availability. We do not define the exact hotel distances to attractions but we offer hotels that are centrally located and either walking distance to the train station/attractions or a short ride by public transport. The tour you were booked in was an independent tour and you meet with the guide only for sightseeing tours. Vaporetto ride to Murano and Burano, Peggy Guggenheim and the Academia Gallery are activities that we advise to do in Venice and none of them included in the tour, as well as Ufizzi Gallery please read “what’s included” section. Those activities can be added to the tour for an extra cost. Louvre museum tour includes an introduction and main facts about the museum and entrance tickets. Nevertheless, we hope you enjoyed your trip and had a great time in Europe. Best Regards, Discovery Nomads Team.
- KSKyraBarcelona to Granada and Madrid Tour1.5 - Rather poorWritten on September 20, 2017HORRIBLE AVOID NO TRANSFERS Signed us up for FREE tours - but we had to "Tip" them F minus NO suggestions of other things to do. They always chose the…Read moreDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Kyra, Thank you for your review. Arrival and departure transfers are not included in our tours and we offer them at extra cost. We sometimes include free sightseeing tour in order to make our tours less expensive for our customer's benefit. You are not obliged to tip the guides if you don't like the tour. You got great design hotels, transportation and sightseeing tours. We still hope you had great time in Spain. Best regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- JHJulieRome to Venice Adventure Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on September 18, 2017… though we had a few complaints I would book again with Tourradar and Discovery Nomads. Now I know what to expect I now know what questions to ask…Read moreDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Julie, Thank you so much for your review! We would definitely add a choice of private/group gondola tour as you suggested. And will do our best to send the vouchers with google maps with how to get to hotels. Thank you again and hope to see you soon! Discovery Nomads Team
- STSharonBerlin to Munich and Vienna Tour3.0 - AverageWritten on August 30, 2017General Overview Overall, we had a bad experience with Discovery Nomads. It’s an absolute RIP OFF! The package is vague and inade…Read moreDiscovery Nomads commented on this reviewDear Tom, I am sorry to hear that your train to Vienna was delayed and you couldn't get us on the phone. August is the busiest month for us and during some days there are long waiting times on the phone. Delays in train schedule happen sometimes and there's nothing we can do about that and it's not possible to take another train as all the trains to certain direction are stopped. Our departures are planed according to availability times for sightseeing and transportation. Though we are very flexible in making amendments and our customers can amend it according to their preferences. We do not plan any activities on the first and last days of the tour in order to allow customers to arrive and depart at any time and save on flights. We sometimes include free sightseeing tour in order to make our tours less expensive. And in this case the tour was chosen according to time schedule and english speaking guide, as most tours start at 9/10am and others are in German. Your calculation of the tour value is totally wrong. You got amazing hotels such as Melia Berlin and 25 Hours MuseumQuartier which cost more than 150 EUR per night, breakfasts at all hotels. Needless to say that transportation costs 90 EUR per person one train. Sightseeing tours include walking tours around the cities, train (not bus!) trip to Neuschwanstein Castle, guided visit Schönbrunn Palace. All these tours cost much more than you imagined. Again, we are sincerely sorry for any inconviences and hope you had a good time on your trip.With best regards, Discovery Nomads Team
- WMWILLIAMBerlin to Munich and Vienna Tour4.0 - GoodWritten on August 17, 2017good hotels except for munich, but no transfers, onr tour only in german...a good, but not a great, experience.....
Discovery Nomads Tours
About Discovery Nomads
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Where can I find more detailed information about this tour?
A Voucher which contains essential information about your trip will be given to you. Information such as the daily itinerary, where to meet your guides for sightseeing tours, hotels information, train departure/arrival times, included activities, etc will be mentioned in there. The Voucher is available 10 Days before the departure.
How do I get to Hotels?
Hotels are located close to the train stations so it takes about 10 minutes to get to your hotel from the train station.
How do I meet the local guides?
You will meet the local guide for all the sightseeing tours and activities. Meeting points usually located close to the visited sites eg Eiffel Tower, Colosseum, etc. You need to get to the meeting point by yourself using public transportation.
Is it possible to customize the tour and add a few other cities?
Yes, it’s possible to customize the adventure to fit you just right. We can add more days to the tour and even other cities, just let us know where you would like to go and we will do the rest.
Is it possible to add pre and/or post accommodation to the tour?
Yes, we offer pre/post accommodation for all our tours, please request a quote.
Is there an airport pick up included for Discovery Nomads Tours?
Airport transfers are not included in our tours, but we offer them as an extra, please request a quote.
What does road trip adventure mean?
Road Trip Adventure is the most exiting journey, you will get a car (full insurance cover, of course) and drive along the most scenic routes in Europe or US, stay in design hotels and meet your local guides in each city along the way, there's lots of activities included and the routes are organized that way so you enjoy driving and won't get tired.
What is the age limit for this tour?
Participation in a Discovery Nomads Tours is eligible for 18 years old adult. Anyone under 18 must be accompanied by a parent or guardian for the entire journey.
Is it possible to get a list of hostels or hotels for the tour?
A list of hotels is not available in advance, as it’s still being confirmed by Discovery Nomads in the lead up to the trip departure. Nevertheless, the travelers can expect comfortable centrally located 4* stars hotels from top brands like Hilton, Marriott, Novotel, Mercury, Ibis, Radisson, Best Western, Starwood hotels, etc.
What does single supplement mean?
If you are travelling single, then a single supplement is mandatory and you will get your own room at our designer’s hotels. The additional price is quoted in 'What's included' section. We do not offer shared rooms with other travelers that you are not acquainted with.