“The tour was very good in general, but there is VERY LITTLE cruising on this Loire River Cruise package. The Loire is navigable for only a short stretch, and most of the 'cruise' takes place on coaches or with the boat moored in Nantes. Quite frustrating, ...“
- Europe's Largest River Cruise Line
- French Cuisine, European Flair
- Value for Money
When river cruising was a privilege for the wealthy, CroisiEurope developed an affordable cruising concept offering the best value in river cruises at great prices, and appealing to every traveler. This was possible thanks to our involvement in all the steps: from t...
When river cruising was a privilege for the wealthy, CroisiEurope developed an affordable cruising concept offering the best value in river cruises at great prices, and appealing to every traveler. This was possible thanks to our involvement in all the steps: from the simple idea to the construction of our ships, the assembly of our crews, and the full integration of sales and logistical (purchasing, cuisine and maintenance) teams. Your pleasure is our priority, and we aim to provide just that in the comfort of our boats and the quality of the service you receive when dining. We call on all our expertise to better serve you, including working in partnership with some of the most renowned French chefs, such as Paul Bocuse and Marc Haeberlin. Owner and operator of 43 ships, the CroisiEurope river cruise company is proud to be the greatest river ship owners in Europe. Although the Rhine and its tributaries and the Danube remain the major river cruise destinations in Europe, we knew how to develop creative itineraries that appeal to everyone. But we also knew it was important to expand our cruises to unique destinations. These include the Seine and the Rhône, of course, but also the Tisza in Hungary, the Guadalquivir in Spain, the Douro in Portugal, the Dordogne and the Garonne in Bordeaux. Don’t forget our more exotic destinations as well: the Mekong in Vietnam and the Irrawaddy in Myanmar. Our founder’s pioneering spirit has been passed down through the generations. After having developed the novel concept of a coastal cruise on the Adriatic Sea aboard a 200-passenger, top-comfort and high-tech ship (La Belle de l’Adriatique), CroisiEurope revamped the feel of cruising the French canals in Alsace, Burgundy, Champagne, Provence, and Paris with a fleet of new, modern and comfortable hotel barges. With just 12 cabins, these barges bring you to the heart of each one of these regions to discover the hidden treasures awaiting you. As a French company, we are also proud to be launching a river cruise on the Loire. In a worldwide premier, our new revolutionary boat equipped with a paddle wheel will bring you into the interior of a mythical region like you have never experienced before. Alsatian, but French. French, but European. In 2014, we also launched the New MS Lafayette Class of intimate vessels with only 82 guests. CroisiEurope knew how to become global by providing cruises in some of the world’s most fabulous destinations. And it’s with this passion, friendliness, and professionalism that we welcome you aboard our fleet.Read more
63 CroisiEurope River Cruises Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- PSPenelopeThe Magic of the Provençal Rhône and the Camargue (port-to-port cruise)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 19, 2018Wonderful trip. I am a vegetarian and i think trip should offer a vegetarian menu. Also i think Pate de fois gras should not be served because of the immmense c…Read more
- AAlanKalitzkyFrom Prague to Berlin: Cruise on the Vltava and Elbe Rivers (port-to-port cruise)2.5 - AverageWritten on October 16, 2018The ship, Princess, was very nice; however due the Elbe river being low we ended up being bused for many hours to the various ports while our ship mostly stayed…Read more
- SMSusanThe gems of Venice (port-to-port cruise)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 16, 2018We had a great time. Everyone was very helpful
- MHMarkTwo-River Cruise: The magic of the picturesque Moselle and the romantic Rhine Valley (port-to-port cruise)4.0 - GoodWritten on October 16, 2018Would have appreciated more English speaking passengers
- JVJuniaChâteaux of the Loire Valley Chambord and Chenonceau and Cruise on the Royal Loire River (port-to-port cruise)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 14, 2018The tour was very good in general, but there is VERY LITTLE cruising on this Loire River Cruise package. The Loire is navigable for only a short stretch, and mo…Read more
- MmireilleamyotteThe beautiful blue Danube5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 13, 2018I enjoyed the food tremendously and the very friendly staff .
- SSandyGreat wines and architectural heritage in the Gironde Estuary4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 8, 2018The tour was a great value. I was disappointed the the helicopter ride was cancelled. The did refund money for the cancellation. Food was great. Staff was great…Read more
- TJTovePicturesque Holland and the magnificent valley of the romantic Rhine (10 destinations)3.5 - GoodWritten on October 2, 2018Good cruise - too much sailing and not very good excursions.
- RBRobynTwo-River Cruise: The magic of the picturesque Moselle and the romantic Rhine Valley (port-to-port cruise)4.0 - GoodWritten on October 1, 2018Overall the cruise was excellent with a great itinerary for a short cruise which suited us very well. It was excellent value for money and all of the boat crew …Read more
- AAnonymousTwo-River Cruise: The magic of the picturesque Moselle and the romantic Rhine Valley (port-to-port cruise)3.5 - GoodWritten on September 22, 2018Few of the staff smiled when we got on board. There was a distinct lack of Kleenex and information. The food was OK. The scenery was lovely.
CroisiEurope River Cruises Tours
- Two-River Cruise: The magic of the picturesque Moselle and the romantic Rhine Valley (port-to-port cruise) 4 daysStarts CochemEnds Strasbourg$1,082
- From Portugal to Spain: Porto, the Douro Valley and Salamanca (port-to-port cruise) 8 daysStarts PortoEnds Porto$2,096
- The exceptional region of Bordeaux (port-to-port cruise) 5 daysStarts BordeauxEnds Bordeaux$1,457
About CroisiEurope River Cruises
CroisiEurope River Cruises videos
- The Romantic Rhine Valley
- From Berlin to Prague
- From Paris to the Norman Coast
- The Gateway to Provence
- Wine Cruise
- Show more...
- The Loire a Royal Legacy
- Portugal and the Douro River
- Southern Europe
- The Mekong River: Vietnam and Cambodia
- Coastal Cruises: Croatia and Montenegro
- From Amsterdam to Basel
- Cruise on the Loire Canal
- Main Page Video
- What is CroisiEurope?
French Cuisine, European Flair
Lunch and Dinner
A Selection of distinctive wines
CroisiEurope River Cruises Ships
- MS BeethovenA Danube river cruise may be just what you are looking for your holiday. On the other hand, a Rhine river cruise does not sound that bad… Read moreBuilt2004 (refurbished 2010)Guests180Crew25Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms90Electricity220v
- MS Douce FranceMS Douce France is one of the CroisiEurope’s fleet ship, while also being the perfect sailing vessel for a Rhine river cruise - the… Read moreBuilt1997 (refurbished 2017)Guests106Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms55Electricity220v
- MS Gerard SchmitterA truly astounding ship is MS Gerard Schmitter. Built in 2012, this is a relatively new asset to CroisiEurope’s fleet and it is als… Read moreBuilt2012Guests174Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms87Electricity220v
- MS L’EuropeL’Europe is a part of CroisiEurope’s fleet and one of the largest ship, as well. With 110 m in length and 11 m wide, this out… Read moreBuilt2006 (refurbished 2016)Guests180Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms90Electricity220v
- MS La BohemeLa Boheme, a magnificent work of art of CroisiEurope, has been built in 1995, but went through a complete transformation in 2011. The res… Read moreBuilt1995 (refurbished 2011)Guests158Length110mWidth10mStaterooms80Electricity220v
- MS LafayetteBuilt in 2014 and measuring 295 feet in length and 32 feet in width, Lafayette is CroisiEurope’s crown jewel. Its panoramic windows… Read moreBuilt1992 (refurbished 2014)Guests82Length90mWidth10mStaterooms43Electricity220v
- MS Léonard De VinciSailing with CroisiEurope’s Léonard De Vinci is the best way to enjoy a Rhine river cruise. Originally built in 2003, but un… Read moreBuilt2003 (refurbished 2011)Guests143Length105mWidth11.4mStaterooms72Electricity220v
- MS ModiglianiOne of the very best ships CroisiEurope’s fleet has to show is Modigliani. It makes a great choice for a Rhine river cruise, as the… Read moreBuilt2001 (refurbished 2011)Guests159Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms78Electricity220v
- MS Mona LisaA part of the biggest European fleet, CroisiEurope, Mona Lisa is a very spacious cruising ship with an impressive design. Not only that i… Read moreBuilt2000 (refurbished 2010)Guests96Length82mWidth9.5mStaterooms48Electricity220v
- MS MonetMainly specialized on Rhine or Danube river cruises, MS Monet is an astounding ship provided by CroisiEurope. Astounding, when it comes t… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished 2007)Guests158Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms78Electricity220v
- MS SymphonieAfter being at its passengers’ service for 14 years, Symphonie, the riverboat provided by one of the largest European cruising comp… Read moreBuilt1997 (refurbished 2017)Guests106Length110mWidth10mStaterooms55Electricity220v
- MS Victor HugoBrightly colored and ready to offer an unforgettable experience to its passengers, Victor Hugo is to be found cruising on the Danube, Elb… Read moreBuilt2000 (refurbished 2018)Guests96Length82mWidth9.5mStaterooms48Electricity220v
- MS VivaldiVivaldi is one of CroisiEurope’s finest river boats and a great choice for a Danube or Rhine river cruise. It features a modern and… Read moreBuilt2009Guests176Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms88Electricity220v
- MS Elbe PrincesseElbe Princess is the latest reason CroisieEurope is and should be proud of. Built in 2016 with a cutting-edge design, ceiling-to-floor wi… Read moreBuilt2016Guests79Crew15Length95.4mWidth10.5mStaterooms40Electricity220v
- MS BotticelliA design that stands out mixed with the bright warm lightning which fills in all the rooms, will make this riverboat perfect for an unfor… Read moreBuilt2004 (refurbished 2016)Guests149Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms75Electricity220v
- MS France2010 was the year when this gorgeous riverboat came back to life after 9 years of uninterrupted Seine cruises. The result is one that Cro… Read moreBuilt2001 (refurbished 2016)Guests159Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms78Electricity220v
- MS RenoirThe neat design and the harmonious blending of colours are making Renoir, the riverboat owned by CroisiEurope, one of the main tourist at… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished 2018)Guests105Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms54Electricity220v
- MS Seine PrincessWith a capacity of 138 passengers who may be accommodated in 78 cabins, and after being renovated in 2011, Seine Princess is exactly what… Read moreBuilt2002 (refurbished 2010)Guests138Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms67Electricity220v
- MS CarmagueAlthough, it has been built in 1995, it has been recently refurbished coming together as one riverboat that fits perfectly to a Rhone and… Read moreBuilt1995 (refurbished 2015)Guests104Length110mWidth10mStaterooms104Electricity220v
- MS Van GoghVan Gogh, the four star riverboat provided by CroisiEurope, takes regular river cruises on Rhone and Saone. It has a very friendly and sp… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished 2018)Guests105Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms54Electricity220v
- MS MistralThe 79 cabins Mistral owns are waiting to accommodate 158 passengers. Friendly and bright, they are provided with large windows, so that… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished 2007)Guests158Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms78Electricity220v
- MS Cyrano de BergeracOne riverboat CroisiEurope has launched into the French waters in 2013 is Cyrano de Bergerac, the riverboat everyone wants to take for a… Read moreBuilt2013Guests174Crew25Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms87Electricity220v
- MS Princesse D’AquitaineTremendous for a Gironde river cruise, Princess D’Aquitaine is one of CroisiEurope’s finest sailing ships. Its warm and welco… Read moreBuilt2001 (refurbished 2011)Guests138Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms69Electricity220v
- MS Loire PrincesseThis ultra modern boat cruise has been built in 2014 and it features an impressive contemporary design inside and out, with large ceiling… Read moreBuilt2015Guests96Length80mWidth11mStaterooms48Electricity220v
- MS Fernao de MagalhaesPerfect for a romantic getaway or a holiday with friends on a Douro river cruise, in Portugal, Fernao de Magalhaes is equipped with 71 wa… Read moreBuilt2003 (refurbished 2015)Guests138Length75mWidth11.4mStaterooms71Electricity220v
- MS Gil EanesA dreamy riverboat, which cruises on the Douro river, provided with 66 cabins that are able to host 132 passengers, Gil Eanes, is one of… Read moreBuilt2015Guests132Length80mWidth11.4mStaterooms66Electricity220v
- MS Infante don HenriqueProvided with large windows, in all of its 71 cabins, Infante don Henrique is a luxurious riverboat constantly conducting Douro river cru… Read moreBuilt2003 (refurbished 2014)Guests138Length75mWidth11.4mStaterooms71Electricity220v
- MS Vasco da GamaWith a friendly appearance that cannot pass unnoticed, Vasco da Gama is one of CruiseEurope’s most suitable riverboats for a family… Read moreBuilt2002 (refurbished 2014)Guests138Length75mWidth11.4mStaterooms71Electricity220v
- MS La Belle de CadixThis breathtaking riverboat which cruises on the Guadiana and the Guadalquivir rivers, as well as on the Atlantic coast, can accommodate… Read moreBuilt2005 (refurbished 2010)Guests176Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms88Electricity220v
- MS MichelangeloWith a capacity of accommodating 158 passengers in 78 cabins, this boat will be found conducting Po river cruises, as well as in the Vene… Read moreBuilt2000 (refurbished 2017)Guests154Length110mWidth11.4mStaterooms78Electricity220v
- Anne-MarieThe Anne-Marie riverboat is a luxury barge which cruises on the Canal of Provence. The 5 crew members are professionally trained to look… Read moreBuilt2014Crew5Length38.5mWidth5.07mStaterooms11Electricity220v
- JeanineCompletely refurbished in 2013, this 2-deck barge is currently the most modern riverboat on the market. Part of the CroisiEurope fleet, J… Read moreBuilt2013 (refurbished 2017)Guests22Crew5Length38.5mWidth5.07mStaterooms11Electricity220v
- MadeleineMadeleine, a 2-deck ultra-modern barge, is the ultimate way of exploring the beauties of France, as it can often be found cruising along… Read moreBuilt2014Guests22Crew5Length38.5mWidth5.07mStaterooms11Electricity220v
- MS DeborahOne of the most modern barges in French, Deborah has been recently built and it is ready to welcome aboard its first passengers. It cruis… Read moreBuilt2016Guests22Crew5Length38.5mWidth5.07mStaterooms11Electricity220v
- MS RaymondeFeaturing a unique and original concept, Raymonde is two-deck barge which can be often found cruising along the Canal Saint-Martin in the… Read moreBuilt2014Guests22Length38.5mWidth5.07mStaterooms11Electricity220v
- MS La Belle de L’AdriatiqueAs the name itself suggests, this imposing riverboat cruises on the Adriatic Sea and it is one of the most impressive sailing vessels in… Read moreBuilt2007 (refurbished 2017)Guests197Crew48Length103.5mWidth11.9mStaterooms99Electricity220v
- RV IndochineDecorated with exotic wood inside and out, this luxury four-star boat flows on Mekong river cruises and leaves its passengers with unforg… Read moreBuilt2008Guests48Length51mWidth11mStaterooms24Draft1.6
- Georgy ChicherinThe luxury riverboat cruises on Europe’s longest river, Volga, and features an impressive interior with impeccable polished dark br… Read moreBuilt1984Guests280Length129mWidth16.7mDraft2.9
- MS Lev TolstoyExcellent for a cruise on the Volga Baltic Canal, this impressive riverboat has been refurbished completely in 2006. With 85 cabins on bo… Read moreBuiltRefurbished in 2006Guests168Staterooms85
- RostropovichRenovated in 2009, the Rostropovich riverboat cruises smoothly on the waters of the Volga Baltic Canal and features an impressive accommo… Read moreBuilt1980 (refurbished 2009)Guests212Length135mWidth16.8mStaterooms106Draft2.9
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Amenities, comfort and friendly service
Choose between lounge bar and sun deck
Comfort in your stateroom
Free wi-fi for all guests
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do the ships have a laundry service available?
The ships do not offer a laundry service and there are no laundry facilities on board for guests to use.
Do I need to bring an adaptor plug to use the electricity on board?
The electrical service onboard is 220V, however, most standard American electrical appliances are 120V. If you bring onboard any items that require electricity you must bring a two-pin plug European adaptor that will fit your item.
What is the main language used onboard?
The primary language onboard is French being a European cruise company, however, the majority of staff and tour guides are fluent in English, as well as the major European languages such as German, Italian and Spanish. Notices and announcements are in French and English, as well as other languages based upon the needs of the passengers on board.
Is tipping compulsory?
Tipping onboard Croisi is at entirely at your own discretion. If you wish to leave a tip, please use the envelope found in your cabin on your last evening on board, and you can then place the envelope in the specially designated box in the reception area as you disembark the ship.
What dress code is expected onboard?
CroisiEurope has more of a relaxed dress code onboard compared to other cruise lines and it is recommended that you will be most comfortable during the day in smart casual clothing and casual dressy in the evening. You may wish to bring items that do not wrinkle easily, or that transport well after being ironed at home, as there are no irons provided onboard. Croisi recommends bringing a variety of clothing for the environments expected during your cruise, including light clothing and bathing suits for hot weather, a sweater or jacket for cooler weather, and of course a raincoat and/or small umbrella. For sightseeing excursions, we recommend bringing comfortable and sturdy walking shoes.
Is internet access accessible on board?
Complimentary wi-fi is available on all CroisiEurope ships throughout the fleet. While Wi-Fi is available in the reception area and lounge bar on most ships, on the newest ships such as Ms Gerard Schmitter, the MS Cyrano de Bergerac, MS Lafayette and the fleet of four hotel barges, Wi-Fi is available throughout. CroisiEurope is also equipping every ship in the fleet (apart from those ships on the Mekong) with a Samsung Galaxy Tablet for guests’ to use.
Are you able to cater for people with food allergies or special dietary requests?
At the time of booking please advise your specific dietary needs to our team of cruise consultants and Croisi will do their best with a menu that will meet your needs.
How many people are seated at a dining table?
The large dining tables seat up to six people so you will be able to socialize with new friends, without it feeling crowded.
Will drinks be provided on the cruise?
On all CroisiEurope cruises, you will be provided with complimentary beverages at every meal, including mineral water, fruit juice, tea, coffee, house wine and beer. Drinks served at the bar are included in the full price of selected cruises as well.
Champagne, premium brand vintage wines and spirits are listed on a special wine list and are available for an additional charge on all cruises.
Are meals served onboard?
Once you are onboard the cruise, all of your meals including breakfast, lunch and dinner will be provided for the whole duration of your cruise. CroisiEurope is very proud of the meals they serve to passengers and you will probably experience some of the best French and European cuisine at their tables. Depending on the excursions planned, some meals may not be provided on board however if this is the case, it will be clearly stated in the cruise programme.
Breakfast is usually a self-serve buffet in the onboard restaurant, which may include pastries, coffee, tea, juice, breads, jams, a variety of sausages and cold cut meats, eggs, fresh fruit, and yoghurt.
Lunch and dinner will be a 3-course sit-down meal and is served at set times and in single seating for all passengers. Both lunch and dinner meals are paired with excellent complimentary wines for you to enjoy.