“One of the highlights for me was the Tango show in Buenos Aires, really enjoyed that. The dinner and show in Cusco was a bit of a let down. I thought the accommodations were fine , nothing to rave about. I was not impressed with the Cusco hotel or the one ...“
It all began more than 80 years ago when a young man purchased a rowboat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single rowboat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies. In 1928, Antonio opened a compan...
It all began more than 80 years ago when a young man purchased a rowboat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single rowboat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies. In 1928, Antonio opened a company specializing in motorcoach touring called Globus Viaggi. The company began with a fleet of 12 coaches which operated local excursions for European tourists in Switzerland. Antonio's frequent trips across the scenic lake led him to consider opportunities in a different market tourism. His entrepreneurial instinct pushed him to gradually acquire some motorcoaches to transport tourists around the Lake Lugano area. By 1950, Globus Viaggi had grown to a fleet of 33 coaches and featured overnight excursions to Rome, Venice, the Dolomites, and the French Riviera. Gradually, these became regularly scheduled tours and grew longer to cover more ground. Later that decade, under the leadership of Werner Albek, Antonio's business partner, Globus pioneered the concept of Grand European Touring by offering first-class European tours to North Americans. By 1962, the company launched its Cosmos arm, which featured affordable, budget-priced European touring for the cost-conscious British traveler. The coach tours were so successful that Cosmos soon introduced another form of travel for the British market: air holiday packages to the sunny destinations of southern Europe. By 1968, Cosmos air holidays became so popular the company formed its own airline, Monarch Airlines. Monarch Airlines started out modestly with two used Britannia aircraft and eventually blossomed into one of the most successful European charter companies with a large fleet of modern jets and its own engineering division. Under the flagship of Sergio Mantegazza, current president and son of Antonio, the company began expanding its markets beyond Great Britain and North America. Since 1974, tour packages have been sold in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and most recently in Southeast Asia. Starting in the 70s, the company also aggressively expanded its tour offerings, introducing travelers to more countries than any other tour operator with packages to Africa, USA, Canada, Europe, the South Pacific, and Asia. Today, the Globus family of brands is a global company reaching every corner of the world, yet remains family-owned and steeped in the values Antonio had when he set out across Lake Lugano—to enlighten travelers by showing them the very best of the destinations we know so well. The Globus Family of Brands is marketed and operated by a network of more than 32 offices around the world, serviced by a group of more than 5,000 professionals. Combined, Globus, Cosmos and Avalon Waterways carry about 500,000 passengers a year making the organisation the leading operator of guided touring worldwide. At the core of the company are Antonio’s ideals of passion, hard work, innovation and love for travel. These values are the cornerstone on which Cosmos was built and will continue to grow for generations to come. If you have never taken a package holiday, consider this: travelling with Cosmos is less expensive, more comfortable and far easier than going it alone. For more than three decades, Cosmos has opended up the world for independent-minded, smart, practical travellers. Our expertly planned tour packages combine all the benefits of group travel with much of the freedom of an independent tour to create a balanced experience for each and every traveller. You travel hassle-free knowing that we’ve taken care of all the details. Once you have discovered the special advantages of Cosmos, you’ll never want to travel any other way again. Cosmos turns your dreams into reality. What is included? Our famous value: complete travel packages including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and services of a professional Tour Director Visits to major and must-see sights included in the vacation price Expert Tour Directors share their unique stories and knowledge of destinations Cosmos hotels are selected with care - three star or better hotels with private facilities, so you can relax in a comfortable, clean, and attractive environment Optional excursions at an unbeatable value - diverse enough for unique interests and at reasonable prices A dynamic blend of transportation, including first-class motorcoach, rail, air, and cruise - we make getting there part of the fun Plenty of leisure time to explore on your own or to sit back and take it all in More than 45 years experience showing people the world Porterage included - not handling your own bag really makes you feel like you are on a holiday Cosmos holidays are recommended by Budget Travel from renowned travel expert Arthur Frommer Cosmos budget travel packages receive a 93% satisfaction rating on our customer's post-vacation surveys Personalise your Cosmos holiday by adding extra nightsRead more
384 Cosmos Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 3.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- CCCarolynPrague, Vienna & Budapest4.0 - GoodWritten on December 28, 2018Comprehensive and inspiring comfortably paced tour of key European cities
- PierreIrish Discovery5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 25, 2018A must do tour a top guide and experience. Top marks cosmos a job well done.
- SDStephenHeart of the Canadian Rockies5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 10, 2018Fantastic tour ,Sybille was so knowledgeable and helpful. We got to see places we never would have found on our own.
- RMRobertIrish Discovery5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 9, 2018Great tour. Very informative friendly guide and well organised. great coach driver ,comfortable coach comfortable accommodation couldn't fault anything.
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- Undiscovered Britain
- Cosmos Lite
- MS NoordamLaunched in 2006, the ms Noordam is a member of Holland America's renowned Vista-class ships. Named for the Northern compass point, s… Read moreBuilt2006 (refurbished in 2015)Guests1972Crew820Length285 m / 935 ftStaterooms986Gross Tonnage82897 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph
- MS VeendamThe grandly proportioned ms Veendam offers an onboard experience defined by spacious comfort and the latest Signature of Excellence featu… Read moreBuilt1996 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1350Crew588Length219 m / 719 ftStaterooms675Gross Tonnage57092 gtBeam30 m / 98 ftCruising Speed21 kn / 39 kph / 24 mph
- MS Nieuw AmsterdamDelivered in 2010, the 86,000-ton Nieuw Amsterdam was built at Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard and its interior de… Read moreBuilt2010 (refurbished in 2018)Guests2106Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftWidth105.8Staterooms1053Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph
- MS VolendamElegant and spacious, Volendam takes her decor cues from the garden. Her grand public spaces are graced with floral fabics and tapestries… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1432Crew647Length237 m / 778 ftStaterooms716Gross Tonnage61214 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph
- MS EurodamThe ms Eurodam furthers the evolution of Holland America Line's sophisticated mid-sized ships with 11 passenger decks, a topside Pan-… Read moreBuilt2008 (refurbished in 2016)Guests2104Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftStaterooms1052Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph
- Celestyal OlympiaEnjoy your drink at Thalassa and Horizons bar and watch the Aegean Sea shimmer before your eyes… Read moreCrew540Length37.58mSuites9Staterooms724Electricity110VDraft7m
- MS WesterdamThe MS Westerdam is the third in Holland America Line's series of Vista-class ships. As such, she embraces the latest industry and en… Read moreBuilt2004 (refurbished in 2017)Guests1916Crew817Length290 m / 951 ftStaterooms984Gross Tonnage82348 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!