“Tour was a whirlwind of excitement with major cities included. Our driver, Massimo, was capable, efficient and friendly. Our tour guide was phenomenal and enhanced the experience way beyond expectations. She was very knowledgeable and inclusive and my daug...“
It all began more than 80 years ago when a young man purchased a rowboat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single rowboat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies. In 1928, Antonio opened a compan...
It all began more than 80 years ago when a young man purchased a rowboat to transport visitors across Lake Lugano, Switzerland. Who would have thought that this single rowboat would launch one of the world's leading travel companies. In 1928, Antonio opened a company specializing in motorcoach touring called Globus Viaggi. The company began with a fleet of 12 coaches which operated local excursions for European tourists in Switzerland. Antonio's frequent trips across the scenic lake led him to consider opportunities in a different market tourism. His entrepreneurial instinct pushed him to gradually acquire some motorcoaches to transport tourists around the Lake Lugano area. By 1950, Globus Viaggi had grown to a fleet of 33 coaches and featured overnight excursions to Rome, Venice, the Dolomites, and the French Riviera. Gradually, these became regularly scheduled tours and grew longer to cover more ground. Later that decade, under the leadership of Werner Albek, Antonio's business partner, Globus pioneered the concept of Grand European Touring by offering first-class European tours to North Americans. By 1962, the company launched its Cosmos arm, which featured affordable, budget-priced European touring for the cost-conscious British traveler. The coach tours were so successful that Cosmos soon introduced another form of travel for the British market: air holiday packages to the sunny destinations of southern Europe. By 1968, Cosmos air holidays became so popular the company formed its own airline, Monarch Airlines. Monarch Airlines started out modestly with two used Britannia aircraft and eventually blossomed into one of the most successful European charter companies with a large fleet of modern jets and its own engineering division. Under the flagship of Sergio Mantegazza, current president and son of Antonio, the company began expanding its markets beyond Great Britain and North America. Since 1974, tour packages have been sold in Australia, New Zealand, Canada, and most recently in Southeast Asia. Starting in the 70s, the company also aggressively expanded its tour offerings, introducing travelers to more countries than any other tour operator with packages to Africa, USA, Canada, Europe, the South Pacific, and Asia. Today, the Globus family of brands is a global company reaching every corner of the world, yet remains family-owned and steeped in the values Antonio had when he set out across Lake Lugano—to enlighten travelers by showing them the very best of the destinations we know so well. The Globus Family of Brands is marketed and operated by a network of more than 32 offices around the world, serviced by a group of more than 5,000 professionals. Combined, Globus, Cosmos and Avalon Waterways carry about 500,000 passengers a year making the organisation the leading operator of guided touring worldwide. At the core of the company are Antonio’s ideals of passion, hard work, innovation and love for travel. These values are the cornerstone on which Cosmos was built and will continue to grow for generations to come. If you have never taken a package holiday, consider this: travelling with Cosmos is less expensive, more comfortable and far easier than going it alone. For more than three decades, Cosmos has opended up the world for independent-minded, smart, practical travellers. Our expertly planned tour packages combine all the benefits of group travel with much of the freedom of an independent tour to create a balanced experience for each and every traveller. You travel hassle-free knowing that we’ve taken care of all the details. Once you have discovered the special advantages of Cosmos, you’ll never want to travel any other way again. Cosmos turns your dreams into reality. What is included? Our famous value: complete travel packages including hotel, transportation, sightseeing and services of a professional Tour Director Visits to major and must-see sights included in the vacation price Expert Tour Directors share their unique stories and knowledge of destinations Cosmos hotels are selected with care - three star or better hotels with private facilities, so you can relax in a comfortable, clean, and attractive environment Optional excursions at an unbeatable value - diverse enough for unique interests and at reasonable prices A dynamic blend of transportation, including first-class motorcoach, rail, air, and cruise - we make getting there part of the fun Plenty of leisure time to explore on your own or to sit back and take it all in More than 45 years experience showing people the world Porterage included - not handling your own bag really makes you feel like you are on a holiday Cosmos holidays are recommended by Budget Travel from renowned travel expert Arthur Frommer Cosmos budget travel packages receive a 93% satisfaction rating on our customer's post-vacation surveys Personalise your Cosmos holiday by adding extra nightsRead more
311 Cosmos Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 3.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- DonnaThe Old South & Florida 2018 (from New Orleans to Orlando)3.5 - GoodWritten on September 22, 2018The itinerary was good although would have liked more time in Memphis and Nashville. Would have been much better to meet our group on day 1 as there were a numb…Read more
- CGCarolNational Parks & Canyon Country with Rapid City Start 20185.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 21, 2018Loved the tour and all the accommodations except maybe one of the hotels/cabins. Lake Powell was not so great a hotel.
- PoonFocus on Scandinavia 2018 (from Copenhagen to Stockholm)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 20, 2018We really have a wonderful holiday in Scandinavia with experience tour manager and good food, highly recommended to join.
- WHWilliamThe Best of Britain & Ireland 20184.0 - GoodWritten on September 17, 2018Tom and John were great and gave us a very informative trip.
- LLynnSeven Countries, Venice & Paris 2018 (from London to Paris)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 17, 2018Faith based travel September 3 to September 15, 2018 to Spain, France and Portugal was amazing. Our tour director Jeorge Leitao was the best. He was very though…Read more
- LLynnFátima, Lourdes & Shrines of Spain – Faith-Based Travel 2018 (from Lisbon to Barcelona)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 16, 2018Jeorge is very nice, patient, helpful, accommodating, thorough, so so polite, proper language, so smart and has excellent knowledge in all the history of the ca…Read more
- LaurenSeven Countries, Venice & Paris 2018 (from London to Paris)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 14, 2018The cosmos tour was truly worthwhile and exceeded every expectation I had coming into it. Our tour director Britt was knowledgeable and enthusiastic and had cle…Read more
- JJudithJohnstonSeven Countries, Venice & Paris 2018 (from London to Paris)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 12, 2018Tour was a whirlwind of excitement with major cities included. Our driver, Massimo, was capable, efficient and friendly. Our tour guide was phenomenal and enhan…Read more
- Main Page Video
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!