“On Nov.24th, 2017, I put $300 down as a deposit for The Iceland Magical Adventure from Colletta tours through Tour Radar. The price listed for the black Friday sale was a little over $1600 with the discount but single rate add another $300. However, I paid...“
- Family Run Business Since 1918
- Hundreds of tours in 57 countries on 7 continents
- Dedication, Service, and Pride in all of our products
- Customizable Excursions
- Cruise, Land & Rail Tours
- Small Group Tour Options
- Over 100 years Operating as a Global Leader in Travel
- Award Winning Tour Managers with Attention to Detail
Since 1918, Collette has earned a global reputation as a travel company that offers extraordinary experiences, unsurpassed guest service and a wide appeal. Traveling with Collette comes with benefits that take the guided travel experience to another level. Our inclu...
Since 1918, Collette has earned a global reputation as a travel company that offers extraordinary experiences, unsurpassed guest service and a wide appeal. Traveling with Collette comes with benefits that take the guided travel experience to another level. Our inclusive tours offer you more value for your money while also ensuring that each element adheres to our exacting standards. With a focus on service and quality, we give you more of what makes travel special. Collette’s diverse travel collection features comprehensive land tours, river cruises, rail journeys, small group tours, city stays and a variety of travel styles and tour types to meet every traveler’s needs. We seamlessly handle the details - all our guests need to do is enjoy the journey. Collette gives back to children in our local communities and around the world through our non-profit organization Collette Cares. With a focus on hunger and education and a robust volunteer program, we aim to make the world we travel a better place. Through volunteerism and grant support, we strive to make a better world – starting right in our own communities.Read more
12 Collette Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 3.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JjdhurleyshawcaMaritimes Coastal Wonders featuring the Cabot Trail (Halifax, NS to Western Shore, NS) (2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 16, 2018I loved the freedom of having the trip planned for me. It let me relax and enjoy the views.
- DHdonMaritimes Coastal Wonders featuring the Cabot Trail (Halifax, NS to Western Shore, NS) (2018)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 14, 2018Came across this tour by chance. I loved it because it took the long planning of a trip and made it ready for me. All the work was done. All my husband and I n…Read more
- EPElysiaGermany's Cultural Cities & the Romantic Road featuring Berlin, Hamburg, Rothenburg and Munich (Berlin to Munich) (2018)4.0 - GoodWritten on August 21, 2018We did not have enough time to enjoy the locations because they tried to pack too much into the days. Either add a day to the tour or omit some stops.
- SBSusanCountryside of the Emerald Isle (Dublin to Ennis) (2018)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 5, 2018My husband and I had a fantastic trip to Ireland. John was a fabulous host!
- KMKayeNorthern National Parks featuring Yellowstone National Park & Grand Teton National Park (Salt Lake City, UT to Park City, UT)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 28, 2018It was too short! But joking aside, a little more time at Yellowstone National Park wooul dhave been beneficial.
- PPhilMullinsSpain's Classics & Portugal (Lisbon to Barcelona) (2019)4.0 - GoodWritten on June 29, 2018Our Trip was well guided and a busy one, luckily with only 26 people. I felt however there were some problems with the tour that would be out of our guides cont…Read more
- SStephenandElaineSketchleyDiscovering Poland Warsaw, Krakow, Wroclaw, Torun & Gdansk5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 30, 2018We loved the whole tour, our lead guide Marta Adamo was excellent! She is the best we have experienced along with the bus driver, a great combination.
- JOJohnThree Kingdoms of Indochina Vietnam, Cambodia and Laos (Ho Chi Minh City to Ho Chi Minh City)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 26, 2018The hotel in Hanoi was in the Business district rather than the Old Quarter. The meals were generously included, but tended to be the same. The tour guide's Eng…Read more
- DHDeniseClassic Christmas Markets featuring Markets in Strasbourg, Würzburg, Nuremberg, Innsbruck and Munich3.0 - AverageWritten on December 20, 2017Have just returned from the Collettes Christmas Market tour ....a disappointment in a lot of ways. Firstly my information package didn't arrive till the day bef…Read more
- LHLaMonicaIceland's Magical Northern Lights (including Gullfoss Waterfall)4.0 - GoodWritten on December 2, 2017On Nov.24th, 2017, I put $300 down as a deposit for The Iceland Magical Adventure from Colletta tours through Tour Radar. The price listed for the black Friday …Read more
- Countryside of the Emerald Isle (Dublin to Ennis) (2018) 9 daysStarts DublinEnds Ennis$2,649 $2,289-14%
- Maritimes Coastal Wonders featuring the Cabot Trail 11 daysStarts HalifaxEnds Halifax$2,949 $2,548-14%
- Germany's Cultural Cities & the Romantic Road featuring Berlin, Hamburg, Rothenburg and Munich (Berlin to Munich) (2018) 11 daysStarts BerlinEnds Munich$2,549 $2,202-14%
- Main Page Video
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
- British Landscapes
- Exploring Britian and Ireland
- Discover Switzerland, Austria & Bavaria Tour
- Show more...
- Alpine Countries Tour
- Canadian Rockies by Train
- London & Paris Tour
- Spain's Classics & Portugal Tour
- Rediscover Cuba
- America’s Wild West
- Three Kingdoms of Indochina
- Collette Tours & Travel Packages
- Travel to Australia & New Zealand with Collette
- Winter in Yellowstone
- The Wonders of Africa Travel
- Travel to Chile & Peru
- Spotlight on New York City
- 7 Reasons to Visit the Pacific Northwest & California
- Colors of New England
- Irish Splendor
- Shades of Ireland
- Travel to Ireland
- Italian Vistas
- Tropical Costa Rica
- Magnificent Cities of Central & Eastern Europe
- 3 Amazing Reasons to Visit the Azores
- Explore Australia
More Peace of Mind
More On Tour
Collette History & Story
- Travvy Award2017 Best Tour Operator US & Canada (Silver)
- Travvy Award2016 Best Tour Guide (Silver)
- Travvy Award2016 Best Tour Operator US & Canada (Gold)
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards2016 Gold Award Winner
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards2016 Silver Award Winner
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards2015 Gold Award Winner
- Travel Weekly Magellan Awards2015 Silver Award Winner
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How can I plan for shore landings?
Special clothing is required for the shore landings (Antarctica, Galapagos); please refer to your predeparture documents for important details.
Are attractions always available?
Access to some attractions or Collette Foundation sites may be affected by the observance of holidays, weather conditions or other circumstances. As a result, the days and order of sightseeing may change to best utilize your time on tour. Boat rides are weather permitting. Some attractions may not be available during the "off-season" months. When attractions are unavailable, other similar attractions will be substituted. Wildlife sightings are not guaranteed.
When can I check into my hotel?
Normal check-in time is late afternoon in most locations. Due to early arrival times into some cities, rooms may not always be available for immediate check-in.
What is the difference between a twin room and a double room?
In certain countries, hotel rooms tend to be smaller than U.S. standard accommodations. A double room is designed to accommodate two people, but may not have two separate beds. A twin-bedded room has two separate beds of any size, and is the type most commonly utilized.
How can I be best prepared for the pacing and physical requirements on a Collette tour?
Tour pacing varies by itinerary, and each destination's sightseeing and activities are unique. Pacing is subject to personal interpretation. At Collette, we do include the best a destination has to offer, enhancing your overall tour experience. For overnight pacing of a tour, please refer to the "Accommodations" section on each tour page and on the tour map. These describe the number of nights you will stay in each hotel during your tour. The day-by-day descriptions will provide additional detail about the number of activities included in each day.
The Tour Activity Level Ranking is featured on each tour itinerary in a circle. The definition of each activity level is listed here. If you have additional questions regarding a specific tour, please inquire at time of reservation. For your comfort, we recommend packing comfortable walking shoes so you can fully enjoy every aspect of your tour.
Level 1: At a very leisurely pace, this tour involves minimal physical activity, such as climbing some stairs, boarding a motorcoach, and walking from the hotel reception area to hotel rooms and dining areas.
Level 2: This tour requires average physical activity. You should be in good health, able to climb stairs and walk reasonable distances, possibly over uneven ground and cobblestoned streets.
Level 3: This tour includes moderate physical activity. The itinerary blends some longer days with shorter days and more leisure time. Walking tours, as well as walking slightly longer distances, up stairs or on uneven walking surfaces should be expected.
Level 4: To truly experience the program and destination, you need to be able to participate in physical activities such as longer walking tours, walking over uneven terrain, climbing stairs and periods of standing. Some of the touring days may be longer, with select included activities occurring later in the evening.
Level 5: This tour is very active, requiring participants to be physically fit to fully enjoy all the experiences. This itinerary has more strenuous activities which may include such things as: extensive walking tours, transfers over uneven and dusty terrain, high altitudes, early morning departures, late night activities, or extreme temperatures. All conditions do not apply to all days, so please read the itinerary carefully and speak to one of our travel counselors to determine if this tour is right for you. We recommend this program to individuals who are physically fit. Unfortunately, this tour is not appropriate for individuals who use either walkers or wheelchairs. If this trip is not ideally suited for you, our travel counselors can help determine the perfect trip for you.
Where do I meet my Tour Manager?
Your tour will begin at your first hotel. The Tour Manager will make contact with you at the hotel and will provide details relating to your tour. The hotel's address and phone number will be included in your documents.
Is there a lot of walking on tour?
We pride ourselves on bringing travelers the very best experiences a destination offers. Our itineraries include many activities and may consist of walking on uneven terrain or significant walking at times. Some of the most unique sightseeing can mean accessing locations that restrict motorcoaches, especially in historic areas. Some hotels/lodges in remote locations may not have elevators. For your comfort, we recommend bringing walking shoes.
Can children travel on a Collette tour?
Children over the age of 5 may travel on a Collette tour accompanied by an adult. Child land rates are valid for ages 5-12, sharing a room with two full-paying adults.