- Experts in Ireland & Britain coach tours
- 88 years of travel excellence
- Locally employed tour directors
- Featured special evenings for quality local experiences
We are celebrating 88 years of travel excellence, and over the years we have built up an enviable reputation for security and reliability. We set our own high standards for delivering excellent vacations with state-of-the-art luxury coaches; prompt and pleasant cust...
We are celebrating 88 years of travel excellence, and over the years we have built up an enviable reputation for security and reliability. We set our own high standards for delivering excellent vacations with state-of-the-art luxury coaches; prompt and pleasant customer service; the best hotels; and carefully chosen visits and entertainment. See our wide selection of Ireland, Scotland, Britain, Eastern Europe & Italy tours and start planning your next trip. Our coach tours are fully inclusive with no optional extras to purchase at your destination. You pay one price and we insist that our tour directors focus solely on your enjoyment. Once you pay the deposit, we guarantee our land tour prices. Whichever way you like to travel, choose one of our fine vacations and enjoy the greatest travel experience ever!Read more
645 CIE Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- SGsusan2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour C)- 5 Days/4 Nights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 22, 2020Good introduction to Ireland, interesting commentary.CIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback. much appreciated
- BBarbSpangler2019 Taste of Scotland & Ireland - 11 days/10 Nights1.0 - BadWritten on February 14, 2020Especially when you pay an extra $850.00 and would have been better off on joining the regular price tour. There were 14 of us spent $850.00 extra USA dollar b…Read more
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour C)- 5 Days/4 Nights3.8 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019This was a dream vacation and CIE tours is fantastic. Ireland was beautiful, historic and amazing. The highlight of our tour was our driver and director, Colm…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour C)- 5 Days/4 Nights3.5 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019We had a wonderful time. Patrick made the trip! He was friendly, funny and so very knowledgeable. You could tell how much he loves Ireland, and how proud he i…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour B)- 6 Days/5 Nights4.0 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019From the pick up at the airport in Dublin on our arrival, to the last day of the tour I have to say that our trip to Ireland was an excellent time thanks to CIE…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour A)- 7 Days/6 Nights4.0 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019My trip hasn't begun yet but I was so impressed when I received my documents and everything else! Amazing surprise. Backpack is superb and includes a rain ponc…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour A)- 7 Days/6 Nights4.0 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019We went on the Taste of Ireland tour for our honeymoon, and had a blast! Our tour guide was very knowledgeable and entertaining, and went out of his way to help…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour A)- 7 Days/6 Nights3.8 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019Jim,our tour guide/ driver was AMAZING.He kept us informed,entertained and amused ,as well as dealing with allvthe logistics.He made the trip so special and mem…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThanks for the feedback
- A2020 Taste of Ireland (Tour A)- 7 Days/6 Nights4.0 - GoodWritten on December 17, 2019We just got back from our tour of Ireland and it was truly the BEST vacation we have ever had. CIE does such a great job with their organization. Our driver &…Read moreCIE Tours commented on this reviewThank you for your kind comments which will be shared Colm. All of our amazing tours have an exceedingly high standard of local expert guides. Hopefully you return to us soon. CIE Tours have amazing offers all the time!
CIE Tours Tours
About CIE Tours
CIE Tours videos
- Main Page Video
- CIE Difference
- Coach Tour Comfort:
- Tour Guides
- Why Travel with CIE?
- Show more...
What makes CIE Tours unique?
Coach Touring & Sightseeing
History & Geography
Leisure & Spa Facilities
Guaranteed Departures & Prices
Health & Safety
Before You Arrive
Because rules and guidelines vary from country to country and are continually changing, before you travel, we will provide you with the most up-to-date information to ensure you are informed about protocols in your destination.
Most airlines have announced new procedures including requiring flight attendants to wear masks, sanitizing all surfaces between flights and having seating configurations that allow for physical distancing. We recommend visiting your airline's website for specific information on their policies.
On the Road
- For guests who elect to go on a group tour, the majority of our departures will be small groups, with a number of empty seats on coaches to allow guests to space out for a more comfortable experience. For those who prefer an even smaller group and more independence, we have an extensive offering of private driver and self-drive options. While specific protocols will vary from location to location, some general guidelines will be followed:
- The interiors of our coaches will be sanitized daily, including regular cleaning of high-touch areas and surfaces. Scheduled stops will facilitate frequent hand washing and hand sanitizer will be available at all times.
- At hotels, guest rooms will be disinfected thoroughly between stays and common areas such as lobbies, elevators, restaurants and fitness centers will be cleaned continuously throughout each day.
- When visiting attractions, all appropriate local safety precautions will be followed, and guests may be rotated in smaller sub-groups when necessary.
- Social distancing will be incorporated in some form in most activities and visits. Teams are working hard to make this as seamless as possible, ensuring your comfort and security.
Our Tour Directors are not only local experts but are also trained to handle a variety of unexpected situations - including illnesses and emergencies. They will be thoroughly trained on enhanced hygiene and physical distancing procedures, and will ensure that guests know what to expect every step of the way. If any issues arise, we have systems and protocols in place and the Tours Directors also have extensive local support to assist.
Our in-country operations and logistics team is on call 24/7. In Ireland alone, we have 30 back-office operations staff, who have accumulated over 500 years of experience with CIE Tours. This team, based in our Dublin operations office, is always ready to assist our Tour Directors in the event of an emergency. Having this local support has allowed CIE Tours to become the largest coach tour operator to Ireland and Scotland from the USA. We have weathered many challenges during our nearly nine decades in business, and I myself have been with CIE for 20 of those years.
CIE Tours Ships
- MS Emily BronteThe MS Emily Bronte features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the top floo… Read moreCapacityBuilt2017Guests169Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- MS William WordsworthThe MS William Wordsworth features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the to… Read moreCapacityBuilt2018Guests169Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- MS Oscar WildeThe MS Oscar Wilde features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the top floor… Read moreCapacityBuilt2017Guests169Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- MS Robert BurnsThe MS Robert Burns features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the top floo… Read moreCapacityBuilt2018Guests176Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- MS Geoffrey ChaucerThe MS Geoffrey Chaucer features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the top… Read moreCapacityBuilt2020Guests176Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- MS Thomas HardyThe MS Thomas Hardy features three contemporary air-conditioned decks accessed by a glass elevator with a heated plunge pool on the top floo… Read moreCapacityBuilt2016Guests176Crew44Length135mWidthSuitesStateroomsRegistryGross Tonnage3600ElectricityBeam12mCruising Speed24kphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like?
Ireland and Britain have an unpredictable climate with many people saying that all four seasons can be experienced in one day! The climate tends to be moderate – never blisteringly hot in summer and never bitterly cold in winter. Average summer temperatures range from 15 – 24°C, spring and autumn temperatures are in the 10s°C and winter averages 0 – 5°C with no huge day/night differences.
For extensive information on weather visit the following sites –
www.met.ie for Ireland
www.metoffice.gov.uk for Britain
What are the hotels like?
CIE Tours uses three classes of hotels – these are first class (3 star), superior first class (4 star, which include castle properties) or deluxe (5 star, which include castle properties).
First class hotels (3 star) feature a dining room, lounge, bar and comfortable guest rooms. Many have leisure facilities.
Superior first class hotels (4 star) offer the same amenities with higher standards and many have leisure and spa facilities.
Deluxe hotels (5 star) offer luxurious features and are often in unique settings.
We choose hotels either in central locations or scenic regions, depending on location, and we name all hotels we use on each tour. Our website contains photos and detailed descriptions for all featured hotels.
What are the hotel bedding options?
For your hotel room you can choose to have a Twin (2 separate single beds) or a Double (usually Queen size).
Hotel bedding options - Twin or Double
Please note that bedding is subject to each hotel’s discretion and availability.
If there are three people sharing a room then a triple room will usually have a double and one twin bed (total 2 beds). Please note there is no reduction in cost for a third person sharing a room with two others. For comfort, we suggest that three adults take two separate rooms. No more than three people can share a hotel room on our escorted tours.
Do you offer room sharing for solo travellers?
To ensure the comfort of all our passengers, we do not offer the option of sharing service for solo traveling passengers. We do, however, offer a single supplement whereby you will have the privacy of your own room. Our single supplements can be found at the bottom of the list of dates and pricing on each tour page on the CIE Tour website and brochure. We often have special departures where this supplement is reduced. Visit our solo traveller pagefor more information.
Are there free days for activities?
All of our tours offer included sightseeing every day to maximise your time. If you want to take a day out to play golf, ride or simply relax and browse around, you may choose not to travel on a day tour when you are staying in the same hotel for two nights.
What documents do I need to travel to Britain or Ireland?
You will need a valid passport. Check that yours is valid, preferably until six months past your travel date and with blank pages so that officials can stamp entry/exit details. Non-EU citizens should check visa requirements with their nearest Irish or British embassy or consulate well in advance of your planned trip.
More information on visa requirements for Ireland can be found on the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs website. For visa requirements for the UK please visit gov.uk/check-uk-visa
If you are hiring a car in Ireland, you need a current driver’s license which is valid under the car rental company’s terms and conditions of rental. A credit card imprint is always needed for car rental bookings.
When will I receive my documents?
You will receive your travel documents electronically approximately 21 days prior to your tour departure date provided that full payment has been received. This includes the vouchers for the coach tour and other services, an itinerary, hotel list and our Get Ready Get Set Go booklet in PDF format.
The following will be provided to you in person at the first hotel of your tour: deluxe backpack, document wallets, luggage straps and tags.
You have paid for tour vouchers so treat them as you would money as they are non-refundable. You will need to present the relevant voucher in return for services such as hop-on, hop-off bus tours.
What clothing should I pack
Generally the dress code for our tours is very comfortable and casual. Our supreme tours will require that men wear a dinner jacket, however this will not be required for any other tours. Dressing in layers provides most comfort as you can shed and add items when the temperatures fluctuate. Consider packing the following items:
Comfortable walking shoes
An all-weather coat with removable lining
Comfortable clothing that can be easily layered
How much luggage can I bring?
On coach tours, you are permitted one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag per person. Porterage between the coach and your hotel room is included.
Self-drive clients need to consider the limited trunk capacity, and that soft-sided luggage is easier to stow.
Airlines have their own regulations and some carriers charge for checked baggage.
How much money do I need to carry and what is the currency?
As most components of your Ireland and/or Britain tour have been prepaid, you will only need money for lunch each day and dinners when you have an evening at leisure. If you are an avid shopper, or enjoy a cocktail in the evening these costs are incurred at your own expense. Also, it is customary to tip your guide and driver at the end of the tour (please see the question on tipping guidelines for more information).
Use credit cards and ATMs to avoid carrying large sums of cash. High denomination bills are not readily accepted for exchange, even in banks, so it is better to carry smaller denominations.
The Republic of Ireland uses the Euro (€), while in Britain and Northern Ireland the Pound Sterling (£) is used. The two currencies are not interchangeable.
In Ireland there are seven euro notes in denominations of €5 to €500 and eight euro coins including a one euro and two euro coin.
In Britain and Northern Ireland sterling pound notes are issued in denominations of £5 to £100 with eight coins including £1 and £2.