“August 2017 If you want to tour Ireland, CIE is the way to go - period. The tour buses are clean, comfortable and safe; the trip leaders and drivers are top-notch; the venues are well-chosen; everything is well-organized; and everything happens on time....“
- Experts in Ireland & Britain coach tours
- 85 years of travel excellence
- Locally employed tour directors
- Featured special evenings for quality local experiences
We are celebrating 85 years of travel excellence, and over the years we have built up an enviable reputation for security and reliability. We set our own high standards for delivering excellent vacations with state-of-the-art luxury coaches; prompt and pleasant cust...
We are celebrating 85 years of travel excellence, and over the years we have built up an enviable reputation for security and reliability. We set our own high standards for delivering excellent vacations with state-of-the-art luxury coaches; prompt and pleasant customer service; the best hotels; and carefully chosen visits and entertainment. See our wide selection of Ireland, Scotland, Britain, Eastern Europe & Italy tours and start planning your next trip. Our coach tours are fully inclusive with no optional extras to purchase at your destination. You pay one price and we insist that our tour directors focus solely on your enjoyment. Once you pay the deposit, we guarantee our land tour prices. Whichever way you like to travel, choose one of our fine vacations and enjoy the greatest travel experience ever!Read more
29 CIE Tours Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- WMWilliam2018 Southern Gems - 7 Days/6 Nights4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 19, 2018Had an awesome experience. We got to see so many great sites.
- CMCatherine2018 Essence of Britain & Ireland - 10 day/9 night tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 11, 2018An enjoyable tour! A little hectic at times, but that was the only way to see and do as much as we did. Ian was a wonderful Tour Director, professional, warm an…Read more
- JAJulie2018 Scottish Clans & Castles 11 day/10 night tour4.5 - ExcellentWritten on October 11, 2018This was my first adventure abroad & I traveled alone. The tour was an excellent way to see Scotland, learn its history from the fantastic Fran (our guide), & …Read more
- Michelle2018 Essence of Britain & Ireland - 10 day/9 night tour5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 8, 2018Such an excellent trip! The included meals were huge and delicious. The coach was great and spacious. Our tour guide, Phil, seemed to know everything, so much h…Read more
- RMRodney2018 Irish Spirit - 8 Days/7 Nights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 21, 2018Tour guide incredible knowledge and fun, would recommend to all.
- MSMichael2018 Taste of Ireland (Tour D)- 6 Days/5 Nights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 6, 2018Great tour--he went the extra mile for all of us.
- AAnonymous2019 Irish Heritage & Dromoland Castle - 8 Days/7 Nights5.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 6, 2018August 2017 If you want to tour Ireland, CIE is the way to go - period. The tour buses are clean, comfortable and safe; the trip leaders and drivers are top-…Read more
CIE Tours Tours
About CIE Tours
CIE Tours video
What makes CIE Tours unique?
Coach Touring & Sightseeing
History & Geography
Leisure & Spa Facilities
Guaranteed Departures & Prices
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What is the weather like?
Ireland and Britain have an unpredictable climate with many people saying that all four seasons can be experienced in one day! The climate tends to be moderate – never blisteringly hot in summer and never bitterly cold in winter. Average summer temperatures range from 15 – 24°C, spring and autumn temperatures are in the 10s°C and winter averages 0 – 5°C with no huge day/night differences.
For extensive information on weather visit the following sites –
www.met.ie for Ireland
www.metoffice.gov.uk for Britain
What are the hotels like?
CIE Tours uses three classes of hotels – these are first class (3 star), superior first class (4 star, which include castle properties) or deluxe (5 star, which include castle properties).
First class hotels (3 star) feature a dining room, lounge, bar and comfortable guest rooms. Many have leisure facilities.
Superior first class hotels (4 star) offer the same amenities with higher standards and many have leisure and spa facilities.
Deluxe hotels (5 star) offer luxurious features and are often in unique settings.
We choose hotels either in central locations or scenic regions, depending on location, and we name all hotels we use on each tour. Our website contains photos and detailed descriptions for all featured hotels.
What are the hotel bedding options?
For your hotel room you can choose to have a Twin (2 separate single beds) or a Double (usually Queen size).
Hotel bedding options - Twin or Double
Please note that bedding is subject to each hotel’s discretion and availability.
If there are three people sharing a room then a triple room will usually have a double and one twin bed (total 2 beds). Please note there is no reduction in cost for a third person sharing a room with two others. For comfort, we suggest that three adults take two separate rooms. No more than three people can share a hotel room on our escorted tours.
Do you offer room sharing for solo travellers?
To ensure the comfort of all our passengers, we do not offer the option of sharing service for solo traveling passengers. We do, however, offer a single supplement whereby you will have the privacy of your own room. Our single supplements can be found at the bottom of the list of dates and pricing on each tour page on the CIE Tour website and brochure. We often have special departures where this supplement is reduced. Visit our solo traveller pagefor more information.
Are there free days for activities?
All of our tours offer included sightseeing every day to maximise your time. If you want to take a day out to play golf, ride or simply relax and browse around, you may choose not to travel on a day tour when you are staying in the same hotel for two nights.
What documents do I need to travel to Britain or Ireland?
You will need a valid passport. Check that yours is valid, preferably until six months past your travel date and with blank pages so that officials can stamp entry/exit details. Non-EU citizens should check visa requirements with their nearest Irish or British embassy or consulate well in advance of your planned trip.
More information on visa requirements for Ireland can be found on the Irish Department of Foreign Affairs website. For visa requirements for the UK please visit gov.uk/check-uk-visa
If you are hiring a car in Ireland, you need a current driver’s license which is valid under the car rental company’s terms and conditions of rental. A credit card imprint is always needed for car rental bookings.
When will I receive my documents?
You will receive your travel documents electronically approximately 21 days prior to your tour departure date provided that full payment has been received. This includes the vouchers for the coach tour and other services, an itinerary, hotel list and our Get Ready Get Set Go booklet in PDF format.
The following will be provided to you in person at the first hotel of your tour: deluxe backpack, document wallets, luggage straps and tags.
You have paid for tour vouchers so treat them as you would money as they are non-refundable. You will need to present the relevant voucher in return for services such as hop-on, hop-off bus tours.
What clothing should I pack
Generally the dress code for our tours is very comfortable and casual. Our supreme tours will require that men wear a dinner jacket, however this will not be required for any other tours. Dressing in layers provides most comfort as you can shed and add items when the temperatures fluctuate. Consider packing the following items:
Comfortable walking shoes
An all-weather coat with removable lining
Comfortable clothing that can be easily layered
How much luggage can I bring?
On coach tours, you are permitted one piece of luggage and one carry-on bag per person. Porterage between the coach and your hotel room is included.
Self-drive clients need to consider the limited trunk capacity, and that soft-sided luggage is easier to stow.
Airlines have their own regulations and some carriers charge for checked baggage.
How much money do I need to carry and what is the currency?
As most components of your Ireland and/or Britain tour have been prepaid, you will only need money for lunch each day and dinners when you have an evening at leisure. If you are an avid shopper, or enjoy a cocktail in the evening these costs are incurred at your own expense. Also, it is customary to tip your guide and driver at the end of the tour (please see the question on tipping guidelines for more information).
Use credit cards and ATMs to avoid carrying large sums of cash. High denomination bills are not readily accepted for exchange, even in banks, so it is better to carry smaller denominations.
The Republic of Ireland uses the Euro (€), while in Britain and Northern Ireland the Pound Sterling (£) is used. The two currencies are not interchangeable.
In Ireland there are seven euro notes in denominations of €5 to €500 and eight euro coins including a one euro and two euro coin.
In Britain and Northern Ireland sterling pound notes are issued in denominations of £5 to £100 with eight coins including £1 and £2.