“The great service offered by Sylvester, especially his experience around the game drive. He knew where to take us for the best views, and took ~4.5 hours to go through Addo Elephant National Park. he was also very knowledgeable on the local history, cultur...“
Cape Xtreme Guides
- Local professional Guides
- Guaranteed Departures
- Private Cape to Addo backpackers house
- Best selection of Adventure Tours
Find and book adrenaline pumping extreme sports adventures, life changing overland tours and amazing accommodation in Cape Town, South Africa, all right here. South Africa is one of the most diverse countries on earth where tourists can combine a rich cultural and hi...
Find and book adrenaline pumping extreme sports adventures, life changing overland tours and amazing accommodation in Cape Town, South Africa, all right here. South Africa is one of the most diverse countries on earth where tourists can combine a rich cultural and history experience with amazing scenery, vast wild life parks and a host of adventure activities with a world class infrastructure. Cape Town in particular is blessed with a mild year round climate which is highly conducive for an outdoor lifestyle, and with our world class beaches, rich marine life, mountains with steep cliffs, ravines and forests, assorted fauna and flora this has made it one of the “Adventure Capitals” of The World where on any given day you will find people hiking, mountain biking, surfing, kayaking, paragliding or diving. With this in mind Cape Xtreme was started in 2005 by Gavin O'Donoghue and Brent van der Walt with the aim to be Cape Town and South Africa’s number 1 adventure operator. Since 2005 we have been fortunate to have helped over 60 000 local and international guests with unforgettable experiences throughout South Africa. The owner and co-founder of Cape Xtreme, Gavin O’Donoghue was also an integral member of the team which set the world record for most adventure activities completed in 1 day in December 2010 where 18 activities were completed in and around Cape Town between sunrise and sunset. Cape Xtreme and its experienced staff remain committed to giving the highest standard of service whether you are looking for a fun day out, a unique corporate package, an all encompassing family holiday or group journey never to be forgotten!Read more
11 Cape Xtreme Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- CGclarissa10 Days Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo Package (Return) 20185.0 - ExcellentWritten on September 8, 2018Wonderful holiday. Lourens was a true gentleman who would always open doors and carry my luggage for me. Service beyond measure. He is knowledgeable and passio…Read more
- Victor4 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)4.0 - GoodWritten on August 15, 2018Tour was great! Our guide Sylvester is the best! Not very comfort was in the rooms at nights because temperature was +8 and in summer hauses was not so warmer t…Read moreCape Xtreme commented on this reviewDear Victor, thank you for taking the time to give feedback here. We are glad that you had a good time over all. We are sorry about the cold weather and the issue with your booking, but are very happy that we could host you on the tour. We will pass your compliments on to Sylvester. Best wishes!
- AAnonymous6 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 3, 2018Loved every moment of it. Machiel is the best.Cape Xtreme commented on this reviewThank you for the awesome review and for taking the time to feedback. We are very happy to hear that you loved every moment of your tour! We look forward to welcoming you and your friends back on tour with us in the future!
- VSVictor8 Days Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo Package (Return) 20185.0 - ExcellentWritten on July 24, 2018Great tour with a great guide.Cape Xtreme commented on this reviewHi there Victor, thank you for the awesome review and for taking the time to give feedback. We are very happy to hear that you had a great time and will pass your feedback on to the guide concerned. We look forward to welcoming you back to our beautiful country in the near future!
- JPJozica6 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 31, 2018Everithink was very good, to exelent. I enjoy the tour, I feel safe and satisfied.
- SWSue6 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 30, 2018The tour was fantastic. Great mix of people. Gareth was a great guide. Enjoyed every minute.Cape Xtreme commented on this reviewHi there Sue! Thank you for the awesome review! We really appreciate that fact that you took time to provide feedback here. Very happy to hear that you had a great time on our 6 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return). We look forward to having you join us on another adventure in the near future! Best regards, Barry (Cape Xtreme / Cape To Addo).
- RPRosario6 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on April 26, 2018The way to not waste time, keeping us relaxed.
- PTPaul4 Day Cape to Addo Safari Tour (Return)2.5 - AverageWritten on April 10, 2018Unfortunately this experience was a poor one due to the transportation. The conditions of the vehicle where poor. I was informed that it had repeatedly broken d…Read moreCape Xtreme commented on this reviewHi Paul. My name is Gavin, I am the owner of CapeXtreme Adventure Tours and Cape to Addo Safaris. I am well aware of this incident as I was communicating with Wendy and our Operations Manager. First of all, and once again (as this is now the third time I am responding to this), I am sorry the vehicle "broke down" but honestly you have blown this out of proportion and being a little unfair. As I am sure Wendy informed you, all that happened was that an airflow pipe came loose and therefore she couldn't start the vehicle. Once this was discovered it was fixed within 5 minutes. While this was happening, Wendy organised a taxi to take you and the rest of the group to the Cango Wildlife Ranch which was included in the itinerary. Here we usually give our guests a choice to choose between the Wildlife Ranch OR the Cango Caves but as explained a few times now we unfortunately weren't able to offer this on this occasion. I have been informed by Wendy that you actually brought your own snorkeling equipment on this tour to go crocodile cage diving at the wildlife ranch, so you wouldn't have gone to the caves anyway. So you didn't miss out on any of the trip as you have indicated. I am not sure how the vehicle could have put you and the group in any danger?! Our vehicles all have to pass annual road worthy inspections and they all have the correct licences and permits. We also have a depot manager who constantly inspects the vehicles. Your claims that this vehicle has broken down repeatedly is nothing but malicious as we have only had 3 breakdowns over thousands of tours we have run with all of the vehicles we have owned over 10 years! Breakdowns do happen, but it is how it is dealt with which counts and we dealt with this situation very well.
- Samuel10 Days Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo Package (Return) 20185.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 29, 2018Sylvester was amazing. his dedication to the tour was great. He spent ~4.5 hours taking us through Addo National Park and knew where to go for the best views. I…Read more
- Samuel10 Days Cape Town, Garden Route & Addo Package (Return) 20185.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 29, 2018The great service offered by Sylvester, especially his experience around the game drive. He knew where to take us for the best views, and took ~4.5 hours to go …Read more
Cape Xtreme Tours
About Cape Xtreme
Cape Xtreme videos
- Shark Cage Diving - Cape Xtreme
- Sky Diving - Cape Xtreme
- Cape Xtreme Adventure Tours
- Helicopter Flights - Cape Xtreme
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!