- Award-winning luxury expedition cruise company in South America
- Sustainable travel-focused
- Ships comply with the National and International standards for environmental protection
We are a vacation cruise company specialized in navigating through the southernmost Chilean-Argentinan Patagonian channels, exploring the Strait of Magellan and the Beagle Channel in 3, 4, and 7-night programs. We sail various different routes between the southern c...
We are a vacation cruise company specialized in navigating through the southernmost Chilean-Argentinan Patagonian channels, exploring the Strait of Magellan and the Beagle Channel in 3, 4, and 7-night programs. We sail various different routes between the southern cities of Punta Arenas and Ushuaia. With trips running from September to April each year onboard the Via Australis or Stella Australis, in our 23 years of operation more than 100,000 travelers from all over the world have been able to visit one of the most beautiful and unspoilt regions of the world such as Patagonia and Tierra del Fuego. “Our objective is for Australis passengers to have an unforgettable experience, exceptional contact with nature, and friendly service onboard.” We are members of the following associations: - SATA (South and Central American Travel Association) - ATTA (Adventure Travel Trade Association) - ASTA (American Society of Travel Agents) - USTOA (United States Tour Operators Association) - BOP (The best of Patagonia) - VIRTUOSO (Network of agencies and products for luxury travel)Read more
Australis ReviewsWrite a review
- Stella AustralisThe Stella Australis offers tourists a relaxed stay, while providing breathtaking sights from the decks. For the best in Chile travel choose… Read moreCapacityBuilt2010Guests210Crew62Length89 m / 292 ftWidthSuitesStaterooms100RegistryGross Tonnage4508 gtElectricityBeam14 m / 46 ftCruising Speed13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mphGeneratorsEnginesDraft
- Ventus AustralisThe name – Latin for "Southern Wind" – reflects Tierra del Fuego's distinctive weather, a factor that has long… Read moreBuilt2018Guests210Crew62Length89 m / 292 ftStaterooms100Gross Tonnage4508 gtBeam14 m / 46 ftCruising Speed13 kn / 24 kph / 15 mph
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is there Internet or Wifi onboard?
We do not have Internet or Wifi service aboard our ships.
Do we disembark at Cape Horn National Park?
Shore landings at Cape Horn National Park is subject to weather conditions. The disembarkation success rate for this excursion last season was 70%.
What will we see on our trip?
- The legendary Strait of Magellan and Beagle Channel
- Glaciers and fjords of the Darwin Mountain Range
- Areas declared by the United Nations as the most pristine on our planet
- A wide variety of flora and fauna on land, overhead and in the sea
- One of the largest penguin colonies in the southern hemisphere
- The legendary Cape Horn
What will the weather be like?
Patagonia's weather can change from day to day or even minute to minute. Expect a blend of sunshine, overcast, rain, wind and perhaps even a tiny bit of snow. During the cruise season, temperatures fluctuate between 5 and 15 degrees centigrade (41 and 59 degrees Fahrenheit).
Can you use drones or camera extensions pole?
According to the provisions of the National Forestry Corporation (CONAF), in the Protected Wild Areas of the Magallanes Region, the use of drones or any RPAS technology is prohibited.
On Magdalena Island the use of Selfie Sticks for cameras is prohibited, since they disturb the wildlife.
What languages are spoken by the crew onboard?
Our official onboard languages are Spanish and English. However, you may find guides who speak French, German and Italian.
Is there first aid available on board?
Every ship is staffed with crewmembers who are prepared to provide first aid and care to passengers, should this be required.
What is included in the cruise rate?
- Breakfast, lunch and dinner
- Free Bar (when a bartender is on duty)
- Daily shore excursions as scheduled by the ships
- Whisky and hot chocolate during the shore excursions
- All onboard activities