In 2008, founder Francesco Galli Zugaro launched the first luxury cruise on the Amazon River in Peru, home to exotic birds species and enchanting pink dolphins, quickly earning accolades for these professionally guided nature-based adventures combined with sophistic...
In 2008, founder Francesco Galli Zugaro launched the first luxury cruise on the Amazon River in Peru, home to exotic birds species and enchanting pink dolphins, quickly earning accolades for these professionally guided nature-based adventures combined with sophisticated, architect-designed 5-star boutique hotel accommodations and gourmet cuisine. Strategic upgrades in 2015 to the 16-suite Aria Amazon offer a refreshed, elegant look aligned with the latest technology and sleek, comfortable skiffs. On the other side of the world, in 2014 Aqua Expeditions launched the 20-suite Aqua Mekong, now sailing the Mekong River between timeless Cambodia and contemporary Vietnam. Floor to ceiling picture windows confers captivating panoramas of flooded forests, colonial churches and stilt villages . Guided shore excursions include enlightening visits to remote Buddhist temples and onto Cambodia’s vast Tonle Sap Lake before continuing on to Angkor Wat. On both sides of the world, guests go deeper into each epic destination by bicycle and kayak to view little seen worlds of enduring wonders. This year Aqua Expeditions adds limited edition Founder and Chef hosted departures on these legendary waterways.Read more
Aqua Expeditions ReviewsWrite a review
Aqua Expeditions Tours
- Aqua Blu 12-Nights Flores to Spice Islands (Labuan Bajo to Ambon) 13 daysStarts Labuan BajoEnds Ambon$11,600
- Aqua Blu 12-Nights Raja Ampat to Spice Islands (Sorong to Ambon) 13 daysStarts Kota SorongEnds Ambon$11,600
- Aqua Blu 12-Nights Spice Islands to Flores (Ambon to Maumere) 13 daysStarts AmbonEnds Maumere$11,600
About Aqua Expeditions
Aqua Expeditions videos
- Cruising the Mekong
- Cruise on the Amazon
- What Guests have to say?
- Main Page Video
- Aqua Expeditions | New Luxury Cruise Destinations 2019 | Indonesia
- Show more...
- Exclusive interview with Chef David Thompson - the culinary mastermind behind the Aqua Mekong
- Taste the symphony of the Mekong River with Aqua Mekong
Aqua Expeditions Ships
- Aria AmazonBuilt: 2010 Port of embarkation: Iquitos, Peru Vessel’s Registry: Peru Type of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel Wate… Read moreGuests29.5feet / 9mBuilt147feet / 45mCrew5feet / 1.5mGuests29.5feet / 9mLength500 tonsCrew5feet / 1.5mWidth12knotsLength500 tonsWidth12knotsSuites220 voltsStaterooms2 new Cummins 400HP Marine EnginesSuites220 voltsRegistry2x 135 KVA CumminsStaterooms2 new Cummins 400HP Marine EnginesRegistry2x 135 KVA Cummins
- Aqua MekongBuilt: 2014 Port of embarkation: My Tho (Vietnam),Phnom Penh (Cambodia) andSiem Reap (Cambodia) Vessel’s Registry: Cambodia… Read moreBuilt62.4 meters / 205feetGuests11.5 meters / 38feetCrew1.5 meters / 5feetWidth12knotsSuites220 voltsStaterooms2 New Caterpillars, Tier 3 Emission compliantRegistry2 New Caterpillars,encapsulated for noise reductio
- Aqua NeraDesigned and built to become the most state-of-the-art river boat to sail the Amazon, Aqua Nera will present guests with a luxuriously-appoi… Read moreCapacityBuilt2020Guests40Crew40 including a cruise director, dive instructor anLengthWidth62.4 m / 205 ftSuitesStaterooms20RegistryPeruGross TonnageElectricity220VBeam11.5 m / 38 ftCruising Speed12 knGenerators2 Caterpillars, encapsulated for noise reductionEngines2 Caterpillars. Tier 3 Emission compliantDraft1.5 m / 5 ft
- Aqua BluAqua Blu is Aqua Expeditions’ first coastal ship, and the first-ever long-range explorer yacht with year-round departures to be per… Read moreBuilt1968 and converted in 2006 (Refurbished in 2019)Guests30Crew25 members, including a cruise director, dive instLength60 m / 198 ftSuites15RegistryIndonesiaElectricity220V, 110VBeam11.4 m / 37' 05'' ftCruising Speed10-12 knGenerators2 x Volvo Penta 225kW, 1 x Volvo Penta 80kW (backuEngines4 x 660hp Lister BlackstoneDraft4.2 m / 13 ft
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 2500+ carefully screened operators
- Read 150,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose from over 40,000 tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do you have smoking areas available on the ships?
There is a strict no smoking policy when inside the ship, however, you are more than welcome to smoke in the outside lounges or observation deck.
What is your tipping policy?
In regards to tipping and gratuities, the quality of service you experience should determine the amount of any tip. Once you are onboard you will receive an information booklet that offers a recommended amount range per passenger per day for the crew (to be divided among all the crew members) and a range per passenger per day for the guides.
Will I suffer from motion sickness?
Motion sickness can be triggered differently depending on the passenger, however, generally, you will be sailing on some of the calmest waters in the world so this should not be a problem.
What type of medical services do you have on board?
In terms of access to medical services, there is a paramedic on board at all times and there is also first-aid trained staff who can handle minor scrapes, bites or sprains. There are no handicapped facilities.
Is a laundry service available onboard?
Depending on the cruise you select, will depend if there are laundry facilities available as not every ship has this feature. Please contact our team of cruise specialists once you know which cruise you would like to do for further information.
Are cabins onboard the ship assigned in advance?
A suite onboard the ship will be assigned to you when your reservation is confirmed. All suites are described and numbered in the deck plan document you will receive at the time of booking. If you wish you may request a specific suite depending on your preference and it will be assigned to you if it is available.
What physical shape do I need to be in to join an Aqua Expeditions cruise?
Travellers should be in good physical health in order to be able to make the most of their cruise. Exploring the area involves the use of small, motorized skiffs and at times may include some wet landings. Daily excursions may include walking on irregular terrain and getting in and out of the skiffs occasionally requires some physical effort. Walking excursions may last up to one hour if you choose to participate.
What if I have special dietary requirements?
If you have special dietary requests such as vegan, gluten-free etc, we strongly encourage you to inform your Cruise Specialist at the time of booking, or at least by 30 days prior to embarkation. Once notified Aqua Expeditions will do their very best to cater to special dietary needs and to accommodate special requests.
Is there any difference between the lower and upper-deck suites on the ships?
Dimensions and all features are exactly the same for both decks. The location will determine the price of the suites; so those situated on the upper-deck may be more expensive than those located on the lower -deck. Differences in suites exist only between those with balconies and those without balconies.
Do you welcome families with children?
Families with children aged 7 years or older are always welcome on Aqua Expeditions cruises and all the staff will provide any necessary care needed for your family. A selected number of suites are interconnecting to cater to families and in each Design Suite, it is possible to add additional accommodation for a child or an adult.