In 2008, founder Francesco Galli Zugaro launched the first luxury cruise on the Amazon River in Peru, home to exotic birds species and enchanting pink dolphins, quickly earning accolades for these professionally guided nature-based adventures combined with sophistic...
In 2008, founder Francesco Galli Zugaro launched the first luxury cruise on the Amazon River in Peru, home to exotic birds species and enchanting pink dolphins, quickly earning accolades for these professionally guided nature-based adventures combined with sophisticated, architect-designed 5-star boutique hotel accommodations and gourmet cuisine. Strategic upgrades in 2015 to the 16-suite Aria Amazon offer a refreshed, elegant look aligned with the latest technology and sleek, comfortable skiffs. On the other side of the world, in 2014 Aqua Expeditions launched the 20-suite Aqua Mekong, now sailing the Mekong River between timeless Cambodia and contemporary Vietnam. Floor to ceiling picture windows confers captivating panoramas of flooded forests, colonial churches and stilt villages . Guided shore excursions include enlightening visits to remote Buddhist temples and onto Cambodia’s vast Tonle Sap Lake before continuing on to Angkor Wat. On both sides of the world, guests go deeper into each epic destination by bicycle and kayak to view little seen worlds of enduring wonders. This year Aqua Expeditions adds limited edition Founder and Chef hosted departures on these legendary waterways.Read more
Aqua Expeditions ReviewsWrite a review
Aqua Expeditions Tours
- ARIA AMAZON - Discovery Cruise 3 Night - High Water Season (November-May) 4 daysStarts IquitosEnds Nauta$3,825
- AQUA MEKONG - Explorer Cruise - 4NT- Upriver - High Water Season (Ho Chi Minh to Phnom Penh) Mid-August to November 5 daysStarts Ho Chi Minh CityEnds Phnom Penh$5,400
- AQUA MEKONG - Expedition Cruise - 7NT - Downriver - High Water (Siem Reap to Ho Chi Minh) Mid-August to November 8 daysStarts Siem ReapEnds Ho Chi Minh City$9,450
About Aqua Expeditions
Aqua Expeditions videos
- Cruising the Mekong
- Cruise on the Amazon
- What Guests have to say?
Aqua Expeditions Ships
- Aria AmazonBuilt: 2010 Port of embarkation: Iquitos, Peru Vessel’s Registry: Peru Type of Vessel: River Expedition Vessel Wate… Read moreGuests29.5feet / 9mBuilt147feet / 45mCrew5feet / 1.5mGuests29.5feet / 9mLength500 tonsCrew5feet / 1.5mWidth12knotsLength500 tonsWidth12knotsSuites220 voltsStaterooms2 new Cummins 400HP Marine EnginesSuites220 voltsRegistry2x 135 KVA CumminsStaterooms2 new Cummins 400HP Marine EnginesRegistry2x 135 KVA Cummins
- Aqua MekongBuilt: 2014 Port of embarkation: My Tho (Vietnam),Phnom Penh (Cambodia) andSiem Reap (Cambodia) Vessel’s Registry: Cambodia… Read moreBuilt62.4 meters / 205feetGuests11.5 meters / 38feetCrew1.5 meters / 5feetWidth12knotsSuites220 voltsStaterooms2 New Caterpillars, Tier 3 Emission compliantRegistry2 New Caterpillars,encapsulated for noise reductio
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 600+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What physical shape do I need to be in to join an Aqua Expeditions Cruise?
Travellers should be in good physical health in order to be able to make the most of their cruise. Exploring the area involves the use of small, motorized skiffs and at times may include some wet landings. Daily excursions may include walking on irregular terrain and getting in and out of the skiffs occasionally requires some physical effort. Walking excursions may last up to one hour. Malaria and yellow fever vaccinations are not required for Peru bound travellers coming into the Amazon region but are recommended.
What if I have special dietary needs?
If you have special dietary requests, we strongly encourage you to inform TourRadar at the time of booking, or at least by 30 days prior to embarkation. Aqua Expeditions will do their very best to cater to special dietary needs and to accommodate special requests.
Is there any difference between the lower and upper-deck suites on the ships?
Dimensions and all features are exactly the same for both decks. The location will determine the price of the suites; so those situated on the upper-deck may be more expensive than those located on the lower -deck. Differences in suites exist only between those with balconies and those without balconies.
Do you welcome families with children?
Yes, Aqua Expeditions welcome families with children, age seven or older. They offer four suites that are interconnected to cater for families. Also in each Design Suite, it is possible to add accommodations for one child or an additional adult. Aqua Expeditions' naturalist guides are very comfortable working with kids and all of their staff will provide the necessary care for your family
How old do you have to be to cruise on the Aqua Mekong?
The minimum age to travel on the Aqua Mekong is seven. Passengers must be at least 18 years of age to travel without their parents or guardians. If any occupant in the cabin is under 18, then a passenger at least 25 years old must be booked in the cabin with them. The only exception is that children under age 18 may be allowed to have their own cabin if they are in a connected suite shared by their parents or guardians.
When will I receive my River Cruise documents?
Your travel confirmation and River Cruise documents will be sent to you following your final payment, approximately 60-90 days prior to departure.
What does my all-inclusive Mekong River cruise price include?
Aqua Expeditions Mekong River Cruise rates include all meals, non-alcoholic drinks, selected wines and beer. You will enjoy design suite accommodations, excursions with knowledgeable local guides, onboard lectures, and evening entertainment. Aqua Expedition provides transportation between the vessel and meeting point for the start of the cruise. Breakfast will be provided on your last day and is included in the rate.