Spend the day discovering the world’s greatest wonders, and at night, return to the quiet tranquillity of the boutique MS Island Sky - your stylish home away from home, and a destination in itself.
Completely refurbished in 2017, the stylish MS Island Sky is the ideal vessel for your Small Ship voyage.
Enjoy the convenience of a mini-fridge, individual climate control and bottled water provided daily. Some suites also have private balconies.
All suites feature outside views and feature elegant ensuites. A hairdryer, plush bathrobe, slippers and designer toiletries are also provided.
Several public lounges and bars and a large outside deck are perfect for taking in the ever-changing panoramas.
With just 57 suites, APT guests will enjoy the benefit of unusually spacious suites all with ocean views.
On board, you'll enjoy first-class service from the attentive crew, whilst onshore, your specialist team and expert local guides bring your destination to life.
The Captain and Crew - Aboard the MS Island Sky, high quality service and attention-to-detail come as standard. The professional and attentive crew cater to your every need, and thanks to a high ratio of crew-to-passengers, you'll enjoy a level of truly personalised service that far exceeds your expectations. Arrive on board as a guest, and leave your journey feeling more like a member of your onboard family.
Local Guides - We understand that in certain locations, it takes a local to show you the hidden gems that only residents know about. That's why, in most destinations on your APT Small Ship cruise, you'll gain a deeper insight and enjoy the added benefit of in-depth commentary from expert local guides.
Cruise Director - From the moment you are greeted at the airport until your departure flight home, an APT representative is with you for the entirety of your holiday to ensure a stress-free and seamless experience. While on the MS Island Sky, an APT Tour Director is with you.
Guest Speakers - Expert guest speakers are sure to enhance your onboard experience. With their specialist knowledge, they will introduce you to the culture and history of the places you visit, as well as making themselves available for informal chats.
Expedition Team - On an APT Expedition cruise, you’ll venture into some of the most remote and intriguing corners of the earth. To ensure you get the most out of your adventure, all Expedition cruises are led and organised by our outstanding onboard Expedition Team. These hand-picked experts are specialists in their field. They are naturalists, historians and ecologists who will share their knowledge and enthusiasm with APT guests. They will coordinate the daily programme and hold talks and briefings throughout the cruise. Whether it be an historian retelling fascinating stories, or the marine biologist who dives into the open water to film a rare underwater scene for guests to experience on screen, your Expedition Team truly bring these magnificent regions to life.
Stylish Social Spaces
The MS Island Sky offers the perfect balance between the spacious comfort of a large ocean liner and the boutique advantages of a smaller ship.
The stylish lounge area hosts daily briefings and talks throughout the voyage, and a pianist plays regularly at the elegant bar. The onboard library is stocked with books, games and computers with internet access
Outside, you'll find the rear sun deck, where delicious meals are served in warm weather under shade, a bar and comfortable deck furniture for relaxing with a book. On the top deck there is a further observation and sun deck. There is also a small hairdressing salon with appointments available upon request.
Depending on your itinerary, an exciting range of onboard entertainment awaits, whether it be an insightful lecture on the regions you're visiting, or a classical pianist performance in the elegant lounge.
- All-suites ship
- Exterior views
- En suite facilities
- Flat-screen TVs
- All suites have two single beds or one double bed
- Chef-prepared meals with complimentary wine with dinner
- Bar staffed by a professional bartender serving a selection of soft drinks, juices, liquors, spirits, and beer which can be charged to your shipboard account
- The Club
- Polar library
- Lecture theatre
- Plenty of deck space for observation
Staterooms / Suites
- Standard Suite Forward 226 ft²/ 21 m²
- Standard Suite 226 ft²/ 21 m²
- Superior Suite 237 ft²/ 22 m²
- Premium Balcony Suite 269 ft²/ 25 m²
- Corner Balcony Suite 291 ft²/ 27 m²
- Deluxe Balcony Suite 268 ft²/ 24.9 m² incl.balcony
- Owners Balcony Suite 322ft²/ 30.5m² incl.balcony
- Island Balcony Suite 462ft²/41.9m² incl. balcony
- Magellan Deck
- Multiple portholes
- All suites feature outside views and feature elegant ensuite
- Plush bathrobe
- Designer toiletries
- Flat screen television with inbuilt DVD/CD player and a telephone
- Individual climate control
- Bottled water provided daily
Marco Polo Deck
Exquisite gourmet cuisine is sure to be a highlight of your Small Ship Cruise onboard the MS Island Sky. Each meal showcases world-class quality and impeccable service in true APT style.
An Intimate Dining Experience - Dining on board your ship is a relaxed and friendly experience. Enjoy delicious, outstanding cuisine in the company of a small number of other guests. Meals are offered in a leisurely single seating, so you may enjoy a relaxed meal reflecting on the day's discoveries with new friends.
Delicious Buffet Breakfast - In the elegant dining room, breakfast is served buffet-style. Enjoy the luxury of dishes cooked specially to order. Fruit juice, tea and coffee complete a fresh start to the day.
Tantalising Lunch & Dinner - Friendly and professional table service means all you need to do is sit back, relax, and enjoy your meal. For lunch and dinner, you'll love the tempting choices available on our ever-changing à la carte or buffet menu.
Dine Al Fresco - The MS Island Sky boasts an outdoor dining area and when weather permits, meals can be enjoyed al fresco.
Enjoy a Touch of Local Flavour - We recognise that a key part of Small Ship cruising is the opportunity to discover the local flavours of the regions you visit. That’s why we include many opportunities to sample the local cuisine on board and enjoy an authentic insight into regional cuisine. Where possible, our chef will obtain fresh local produce in markets or buy the catch of the day from a passing fishing boat.
Included Beverages - As part of your all-inclusive lifestyle, complimentary beverages – both alcoholic and non-alcoholic - are served at your discretion throughout the entire day, including regional beer and wine. On board, 24-hour tea and coffee is available for your convenience.
Island Sky Tours
- Kimberley Coast Cruise (2019) 11 daysStarts DarwinEnds DarwinSold Out
- Broome Discovery with Coastal Cruise – MS Island Sky (2019) (from Broome to Darwin) 14 daysStarts BroomeEnds DarwinSold Out
- Broome to Bungles with Coastal Cruise Broome to Darwin (2019) 18 daysStarts BroomeEnds DarwinSold Out
- El Questro, Gorges and Purnululu with Coastal Cruise (2019) 21 daysStarts BroomeEnds DarwinSold Out
- Grand Kimberley Coast (2020) 10 daysStarts KununurraEnds Broome$6,384
- Patagonia & Chilean Fjords Explorer (2020) (from Santiago to Rio de Janeiro) 22 daysStarts SantiagoEnds Rio de Janeiro$14,409
- Patagonia & Chilean Fjords Explorer (2020) 17 daysStarts SantiagoEnds Buenos Aires$11,953
- Patagonia & Chilean Fjords Explorer Santiago to Buenos Aires (2020) 14 daysStarts SantiagoEnds Buenos Aires$10,898
- Grand Kimberley Coast Broome to Kununurra (2020) 10 daysStarts BroomeEnds Kununurra$6,384
- Arnhem Land Explorer (2020) 8 daysStarts DarwinEnds Darwin$6,297
- Essence of the Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast Broome to Kununurra (34 destinations) 20 daysStarts BroomeEnds KununurraSold Out
- Grand Kimberley Coast with Purnululu Experience Kununurra to Broome (2020) 14 daysStarts KununurraEnds Broome$8,443
- Iconic Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast (2020) 17 daysStarts KununurraEnds BroomeSold Out
- Essence of the Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast Broome to Kununurra (2020) 20 daysStarts BroomeEnds KununurraSold Out
- Kimberley and Top End with Grand Kimberley Coast (2020) 26 daysStarts KununurraEnds DarwinSold Out
- Grand Kimberley Coast with Broome Discovery (2020) 13 daysStarts KununurraEnds Broome$6,410
- Iconic Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast Broome to Kununurra (2020) 17 daysStarts BroomeEnds KununurraSold Out
- Grand Kimberley Coast with Broome Discovery Broome to Kununurra (2020) 13 daysStarts BroomeEnds Kununurra$6,470
- Grand Kimberley Coast with Purnululu Experience (2020) 14 daysStarts BroomeEnds Kununurra$8,509
- Ultimate East Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast Kununurra to Broome (2020) 17 daysStarts KununurraEnds Broome$10,782
- Ultimate East Kimberley with Grand Kimberley Coast (2020) 17 daysStarts BroomeEnds Lake Argyle$10,877
- Grand Kimberley Coast Broome to Kununurra (2021) 10 daysStarts BroomeEnds Kununurra$7,279
- Colours of the Coral Coast Geraldton to Broome (2021) 10 daysStarts GeraldtonEnds Broome$7,531
- Colours of the Coral Coast (2021) 10 daysStarts BroomeEnds Geraldton$7,531
- Arnhem Land Explorer (2021) 9 daysStarts DarwinEnds Kununurra$7,346
- Grand Kimberley Coast (2021) 10 daysStarts KununurraEnds Broome$7,279
- Luke Nguyen's Kimberley Coastal Express (2020) 9 daysStarts KununurraEnds Kununurra$5,840