A family-owned company since its conception in the 1920s. APT had its beginnings when Bill McGeary built a bus body on a tray truck after a tram strike affected the city of Melbourne. Through Bill's son Geoff, APT pioneered Australia's dynamic travel industry in the...
A family-owned company since its conception in the 1920s. APT had its beginnings when Bill McGeary built a bus body on a tray truck after a tram strike affected the city of Melbourne. Through Bill's son Geoff, APT pioneered Australia's dynamic travel industry in the 1960s and 1970s via a diverse range of modes. Such innovation continues to thrive within the APT Group today, now a multi-brand business with an extensive global portfolio of touring and cruising products still owned and controlled by the McGeary family.Read more
1 APT Review
- Rather Poor
- Value for money
- CchristinekwantenAfrica Highlights - Cape Town to Johannesburg5.0 - ExcellentWritten on October 29, 2018what a great time we had touring for 17 days cape town to livingstone african adventure, fortunately we had a very small group and we made so many friends, t…Read more
- DCDavid3.0 - AverageWritten on June 21, 2017Ive just returned from a 30 day Mississippi,Rockies Odyssey and Alaska Cruise, loved the southern part of the trip, Robin was a great tour director ,Canada was …Read more
- Magnificent Europe - Amsterdam to Budapest4.0 - GoodWritten on January 2, 2013We decided to do the Christmas Market Cruise commencing on the 7 December. When traveling we always use Companies with very good reputations. APT were recomme…Read more
- Rockies with Alaska by Sea and Land3.0 - AverageWritten on June 30, 2012Hi guys, we have just returned home after a fabulous trip to Canada/Alaska and San Francisco. What a blast! From the moment we left Australia everything went…Read more
- Southern Sensation - Christchurch to Christchurch4.0 - GoodWritten on January 28, 2012We went on the Southern Sensation premier plus tour. It was absolutely amazing!! We live in the North Island and i can honestly say i fell in love with my cou…Read more
- Kimberley Complete - Broome to Broome4.0 - GoodWritten on July 30, 2011I have just returned from the APT Kimberley Complete Tour and I just want to say thank you to APT, wilderness camp hosts and our wonderful driver/guide Tim Gryl…Read more
- APT Antarctica - Luxury Small Ship Expedition Cruising
- Be Inspired by APT's Canada & Alaska
- Be Inspired by APT's Small Ships
- Main Page Video
- AmaDolceWhen it debuted in 2009, the remarkable AmaDolce set new standards for European river cruising. The ship has seventy one staterooms and th… Read more
- AmaVenitaThe elegantly designed AmaVenita, sister ship to AmaCerto, set sail in 2015 and allows guests to take in mesmerizing views in unmatched lu… Read more
- AmaReinaWhile there are no towers on the AmaReina, you’ll feel like royalty in your very own floating castle. Luxurious comfort is afforded… Read moreBuilt2014
- AmaVerdeThe 443 feet long, 161 passenger AmaVerde entered service, cruising the Danube in 2011. She is a sister ship to our AmaBella. Both these b… Read more
- AmaBellaBuilt in 2010, the 161 passenger AmaBella is among the most innovative and spacious river cruise vessels operating on European waterways.… Read more
- AmaCelloDebuting in 2008, the 360 feet long AmaCello offers an elegant and immersive river cruise experience. As soon as you step onboard, you wil… Read more
- AmaDanteThe meticulously designed and crafted AmaDante debuted in 2008 and has since been mesmerizing guests while gliding along historic European… Read more
- AmaVidaThe 260 feet long, 106 passenger AmaVida was commissioned in 2013 and allows guests to explore historic ports, enchanting wine regions an… Read more
- MS ZaandamSpacious public areas and plush accommodations feature a musically themed shipboard atmosphere. Inspired by the world's great music,… Read moreBuilt2000 (refurbished in 2015)Guests1432Crew647Length202 m / 663 ftStaterooms716Gross Tonnage61396 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph
- MS Nieuw AmsterdamDelivered in 2010, the 86,000-ton Nieuw Amsterdam was built at Italian shipbuilder Fincantieri's Marghera shipyard and its interior de… Read moreBuilt2010 (refurbished in 2018)Guests2106Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftWidth105.8Staterooms1053Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed24 kn / 44 kph / 28 mph
- MS VolendamElegant and spacious, Volendam takes her decor cues from the garden. Her grand public spaces are graced with floral fabics and tapestries… Read moreBuilt1999 (refurbished in 2016)Guests1432Crew647Length237 m / 778 ftStaterooms716Gross Tonnage61214 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed23 kn / 43 kph / 26 mph
- MS EurodamThe ms Eurodam furthers the evolution of Holland America Line's sophisticated mid-sized ships with 11 passenger decks, a topside Pan-… Read moreBuilt2008 (refurbished in 2016)Guests2104Crew929Length285 m / 935 ftStaterooms1052Gross Tonnage86273 gtBeam32 m / 105 ftCruising Speed22 kn / 41 kph / 25 mph
- Island SkySpend the day discovering the world’s greatest wonders, and at night, return to the quiet tranquillity of the boutique MS Island Sk… Read moreBuilt1992Guests110Crew85Length90.6mWidth15.3mSuites57Gross Tonnage4,200Cruising Speed12 knots maximumDraft4m
- Coral Expeditions ICoral Expeditions I is a twin-hulled boutique catamaran designed for maximum stability and guest comfort. Accommodating a maximum of just… Read moreBuilt1988 (refurbished in 2016)Guests46Crew14Length115ft/35mBeam43ftCruising Speed8-10 knotsDraft8ft/2.5m
- RV SamathaBrand-new boutique river ship, the RV Samatha, takes luxury river cruising to a new level. Join us aboard the finest vessel to grace the p… Read moreBuilt2016Guests60Crew34Length60.96mSuites30
- RV AmaLotusThe RV AmaLotus is one of the most luxurious river ships cruising on the Mekong River. Experience Vietnam & Cambodia River Cruising in… Read moreBuilt2011 (refurbished in 2016)Guests108Crew50Length92.5mSuites54
- Le BorealWith an intimate setting that doesn't compromise on elegance, Le Boréal offers a luxury cruising experience that evokes a feel… Read moreBuilt2010Guests200Crew140Length142mWidth18mGross Tonnage10,944Cruising Speed14 knots
- MS Caledonian SkyEnjoy an all-inclusive lifestyle aboard the MS Caledonian Sky. Timeless elegance is reflected in every detail, while intimate spaces and… Read moreBuilt1991Guests110Crew85Length90.6mWidth15.3mSuites57Gross Tonnage4,200Cruising Speed12 knots maximum
- MS Island PrincessIsland Princess is your own private retreat on the sea. Whether you crave relaxation or exhilaration, you'll find the soothing Lotus… Read moreBuiltRefurbished in 2017Guests2,200Crew900Length964 ftSuites987Gross Tonnage92,822
- MS Royal PrincessIn December, 2018, Royal Princess® will undergo a multimillion-dollar program of refurbishments. Upgrades will include the award-winn… Read moreBuilt2013Guests3,560Crew1,346Length1,083 ftSuites1,780Gross Tonnage142,229
- MS Hebridean SkyThe MS Hebridean Sky offers superior comfort and spectacular view and allows you to be right in the heart of the action. Unlike larger ve… Read moreBuilt1991 (renovated in 2016)Guests118Crew70Length90.6mWidth15.3mGross Tonnage4,200Cruising Speed12 knots maximum
- Seabourn SojournSeabourn Sojourn enchants her guests with an array of public areas scaled to encourage a relaxed sociability. One of the most unusual fea… Read moreBuilt2008 (refurbished in 2018)Guests450Crew330Length650ft/198mWidth84ftSuites229Staterooms225Gross Tonnage32,346Cruising Speed22.3 knots (41.3 km/h; 25.7 mph) (maximum)
- Le BougainvilleAPT’s privately chartered luxury small ship, Le Bougainville, is the pinnacle of poise and sophistication and is ready to whisk you… Read moreBuilt2019Guests184Crew110Length131 m / 430 ftStaterooms92Gross Tonnage9900 gtBeam18 m / 59 ftCruising Speed18 kn / 33 kph / 21 mph
- MS ZuiderdamFirst of our Vista-class ships, Zuiderdam boasts classic nautical lines and finishes, modern amenities and a spectacular art and antique c… Read moreBuilt2002Guests1964Crew800Length936ftWidth105.8ft
- MS Golden PrincessAn inviting world of wonder awaits your arrival on Golden Princess. Connect with family and friends over world-class cuisine, gaze out at… Read moreBuiltRefurbished Apr 2018Guests2600Crew1100Length950ftStaterooms1318Gross Tonnage108,865
- MS ValentinaCruise in superior comfort aboard the 196-passenger MS Valentina. Allowing you to journey between the fascinating cities of Moscow and St… Read moreGuests196Crew110Length129mWidth17mStaterooms98
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How much walking is involved?
Most APT tours require a reasonable level of fitness to be able to walk on sightseeing trips, navigate along uneven ground and should be able to walk unaided for up to 1.5km. Some adventure tours feature visits to remote areas and activities that are more difficult than others.
Please make sure that you select a tour with an activity level suited to your health and fitness. It is your responsibility to carry any medication you require for the tour’s duration and consult your local medical practitioner for any health advice. Feel free to contact our Travel Experts for more information regarding the fitness level of a specific tour.
Are there any benefits for APT Club members?
Anyone who has previously booked with APT may be entitled to benefits which can be used on future tours. Please contact your Travel Expert for any questions regarding the APT Club membership program.
Will I have internet access?
Internet access is available on the majority of APT tours. However, please ask your Travel Expert if this is available on your tour. Many hotels and cruise ships offer internet access either free-of-charge or for a small fee.
What if I have special dietary requirements?
Please notify your Travel Expert of any dietary requirements that you may have when booking your tour to ensure APT can accommodate your request.
What do I pack for my tour?
There is no strict packing list for APT tours. However, you will receive a ‘Tour Hints’ booklet with your documentation pack that includes a guideline of what to pack for your specific destination.
What are ‘Freedom of Choice’ touring options?
The ‘Freedom of Choice’ touring options are activities that APT has organised to allow you to get the most out of your tour at no additional cost! Please note that these are completely optional, you do not have to do these activities if you do not wish to.
Is tipping included?
Yes! Tipping is included on all APT tours, so you can spend more money on souvenirs and having a great time.
Is there a dress code?
A smart and casual dress code is acceptable on most tours. However, there are some tours that do recommend certain items of clothing for Formal Nights, Captains Dinners, etc. If this is required, a packing list will be sent to you before the beginning of your tour.
What are the luggage requirements?
Each person is allowed to have one main piece of luggage and a daypack. Please keep in mind that both pieces of luggage should weigh no more than 44lbs/20kgs.
Are airport transfers included?
For all APT tours, arrival and departure airport transfers are included in the tour cost. However, if you require additional accommodation before or after the tour please ensure that you book the accommodation directly through your Travel Expert to take advantage of this.