“I didn’t start this trip a cyclist, but I am now! I had never even considered doing a cycling holiday, but it was amazing. From meeting the group our first night to gearing up and heading out on day one, we were surprised and delighted at every turn. ...“
- Full on Cycling adventure, rather than food/wine/comfort
- You don't have to ride with the group
- Can scream through route or take time at viewpoints and side trips.
- Often you can do the whole trip without setting foot inside the van
- Cycling Specialist and Support Staff have in-depth knowledge of routes, gear, and night stops
- Multiple Daily Routes - Bonus Miles and Burner Routes
- Provided Garmin GPS with all routes pre-loaded for flexibility while on the ride
- Full support of our Biking Specialist and Support Driver
- The tour will be full of like minded cyclist who are "All About the Ride"
- Experienced leaders will have fruitful information and suggestions for night stops; while we’re all about the ride we also love to share the local scene, especially because this knowledge is innate to us
It’s all about the ride We have some amazing colleagues in the cycling market, but we’ve noticed that they spend so much time talking about fancy lunches and afternoon wine tastings, that you would almost forget you were looking for a cycling trip. At AmeriCan Cyclin...
It’s all about the ride We have some amazing colleagues in the cycling market, but we’ve noticed that they spend so much time talking about fancy lunches and afternoon wine tastings, that you would almost forget you were looking for a cycling trip. At AmeriCan Cycling Adventures, we’ve set out to create a modest range of the most incredible cycling adventures in North America. A mix of classic rides and opportunities to get off those beaten roads, these trips are for riders who like to put in 40-60 miles before calling it a day (or half day for some), on some of the finest bike routes and trails in the country. While there will be plenty of time to celebrate each day’s effort with an indulgence of local beer or wine, we believe that the quality and experience of the ride itself should always take priority. Passion meets Expertise Great success results from a dedication and devotion to a true life passion combined with expertise. In AmeriCan Cycling Adventures, we’ve combined decades of experience as an industry leading tour operator, with our passion as cyclists resulting in a program that is not only expertly executed, but also fun, challenging, and unique. Best Routes Available Our routes have been carefully researched and designed to offer invigorating and rewarding ride options that blend scenery, road conditions and elevation into each ride. We’re not afraid to tackle, or in some cases, divert from the most ominous peaks in these areas. Better yet, our routes also include some lesser known local secrets that might take you off a paved road and onto a graveled dirt track that is not accessible to motor vehicles. Many of our tours offer multiple daily route choices of varying difficulty, as well as optional afternoon extensions. This allows you to approach each day with the flexibility to determine how hard you’d like to push yourself. Value Our trips offer the best value for money in the industry by providing some of the most versatile bikes available, along with comfortable and centrally located hotels, included meals where it makes sense, and friendly on-the-road support (by bike and van). We͛ also throw in a few extras like a private massage and some of our specially designed bike swag. Unlike other companies, we do not require single supplement fees if you are willing to share a room with a fellow traveler of the same gender. Gear When searching for a bike to best suit the AmeriCan Cycling Adventures ethos we sought out a cycle that would not only sustain long days on the road but had the durability to handle those off-road days. Our choice became obvious. The Specialized Diverge is not quite a cross bike and not completely a road bike. The Diverge is the perfect bike for AmeriCan Cycling Adventures. With clearance for up to 42 mm tires and a Future Shock that is geared specifically to riding smoothly over harsh terrain, Specialized notes that: “Sure, some have tried to make their cross bikes more road-capable and others have made their road bikes more adventure-ready, but we created one bike that makes no compromises between the two.” • Garmin GPS pre-loaded with each day’s suggested routes • Custom ACA Cycling Jersey Most of our trips start only a short distance from the meeting point hotel so you will not spend a lot of time in our vans – unless of course you’d like to. We operate a fleet of 15 passenger vans that can access the small roads and pull-offs along the routes. Your luggage and all the bike equipment are carried in specialized designed trailer that is pulled behind the van. On the final night of the tour, we provide transport to our affiliated hotel or to the primary transfer points for return to the city or airport. Like Minded Group of Riders Our trips are calling out for active and open-minded riders comfortable with some demanding rides, and extreme terrain. We’ve researched and tested these routes thoroughly and are confident in their ability to provide new experiences for casual cyclists, while still challenging more avid adventurers. We believe that these common threads will pull together groups of cyclists focused on the ride at hand, rather than evening wine pairings. Small Groups and Proper Etiquette Whether you’re used to riding alone, with a partner, or a small group at home, we understand that everyone rides at different speeds, and often with different goals. For this reason, we encourage all riders to follow their own style without any pressure from ACA. Our Garmin GPS units are programmed with each day’s route, so whether you prefer to burn rubber, or to take your time and enjoy the scenery, you will be able to make each day an adventure of your own. By encouraging individual, or small group rides, we hope to minimize the impact to the local communities. We seek to avoid what is common with large cycling groups that often bunch up, clog the flow of traffic, and affect the local farmers, workers and residents that share their roads and homes with us.Read more
5 AmeriCan Cycling Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- SamNapa and the Sonoma Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 15, 2018Incredible riding experience around Northern California that has left me feeling nothing short of accomplished. The group was full of like minded cyclists and …Read moreAmeriCan Cycling Adventures commented on this reviewThank you so much for the amazing review Sam. We really loved having you along for the tour and are so glad you had such a great time with us! We hope to see you again next year for another beautiful ride and more ice cold brews!
- MMikeJamesNapa and the Sonoma Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 12, 2018The American Cycling Adventures team delivered an outstanding holiday. The bikes were top top quality, the guiding knowledgable and thoughtful, and the routes w…Read moreAmeriCan Cycling Adventures commented on this reviewHi Mike! Thanks so much for the great review. We are glad you had such an amazing time with us on tour, we hope to see you again next year! Kind regards - AmeriCan Cycling Adventures
- MmattbernaNapa and the Sonoma Coast5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 9, 2018Great group of riders. We covered lots of territory and a variety of landscapes. Weather was perfect and the bikes were amazing. I'm converting to a Diverge.…Read moreAmeriCan Cycling Adventures commented on this reviewThank you for the amazing review Matt. We are glad you had such a great time with us on holiday! We look forward to seeing you again next year! Cheers, AmeriCan Cycling Adventures
AmeriCan Cycling Adventures Tours
- Bikecouver Island 6 daysStarts VictoriaEnds Victoria$2,323
- Cycles, Cliffs, and Canyons 6 daysStarts Cedar CityEnds Springdale$2,420
- Napa and the Sonoma Coast 6 daysStarts NapaEnds Napa$2,521
About AmeriCan Cycling Adventures
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Do I need travel protection?
Travel insurance is mandatory for all our international visitors and should be taken out at the time of booking. Your travel insurance must provide cover against personal accident, death, medical expenses and emergency repatriation with a recommended minimum coverage of US$200,000 for each of the categories of cover. We also strongly recommend it covers cancellation, curtailment, personal liability and loss of luggage and personal effects. You must provide proof of your travel insurance on the first day of your trip; you will not be able to join the trip without it. If you obtain travel insurance through us you acknowledge that you are satisfied with the level of insurance we have arranged.
Although Americans with medical insurance aren’t required to purchase travel insurance, it should be noted that cancellations, and loss of luggage/personal effects will not be covered.
What if I need to change or cancel my reservation?
If you cancel some or all portions of your booking, certain cancellation fees will apply. A cancellation will only be effective when we receive written confirmation of the cancellation. If you cancel a trip:
56 days or more prior to departure, we will retain the deposit;
Between 31 and 55 days prior to departure, we will retain the deposit or 50% of the total booking cost; whichever is greater, and
Between 30 days and 15 days prior to departure, we will retain 75% paid by you in connection with the booking.
Within 15 days of departure, we will retain 100% of the booking value.
If you wish to transfer from one trip to another, you must notify us at least 56 days prior to the proposed departure date. A fee of $200 per person per change will apply if you notify us less than 56 days prior to the proposed departure date the refund policy applicable to cancellations will apply. Amendments to any other arrangements made in conjunction with your trip will incur a $100 administration fee per booking per change. No amendments are permitted to your booking within 15 days of departure.
We are not obliged to make any refunds for unused services if you leave a trip for any reason after it has commenced. If you fail to join a tour, join it after departure, or leave it prior to its completion, no refund will be made. The above cancellation fees are in addition to fees which may be levied by pre and post tour accommodation providers, travel agents or third party tour and transport operator fees.
Do you offer double and single occupancy? What's the difference?
Of course, you can choose to pay a bit more for your own room, but you can also opt to share the experience, and a comfortable hotel room with two double beds, with a fellow traveller of the same sex. This not only helps to make our trips more affordable but it also a great way to deepen your friendship with your fellow riders and to share stories from your ride.
Are transfers included to the start point?
While transfers from the Airport are not available for any of our tours, transfer from the specified hotel to the starting point will be included in any purchased pre night, or available for an additional fee. Transfers may also be included on certain itineraries, as noted on their specific trip page under inclusions.
What if it rains?
We ride rain, or shine. In the event that the weather renders the trails, or roads unsafe, our cycling experts will tap into their local knowledge to determine an alternative route for the day. In some cases, we may delay the start of the ride, or decide to ride earlier to take advantage of the best weather.
What if I ride at a different speed than my partner?
No problem! We encourage everyone to ride at their own speed, and follow whatever style they’re most comfortable with. Whether you race through the ride, or take your time to enjoy the sights, our SAG specialist will wait for all riders at the each nutrition stop, or entrance. Our Garmin GPS units are preloaded daily with every route, allowing you to confidently separate from your partner, or group if you’d like.
How can I prepare for the trip?
Just ride! No one likes to get saddle sore, and with 5 straight days on the bike, you’re sure to start feeling it. We also suggest cardiovascular training, as many of the rides take place at high elevation where the air is thin, and it’s easier to get exhausted.
What kind of shape do I need to be in?
While you don’t need to be a high level athlete, our tours are geared towards those with active lifestyles, and some riding experience. Our routes average about 40-60 miles per day, often at high elevations, and featuring a number of climbs. Many of our passengers look at these trips as great motivation to train for their vacation.
How long are daily rides?
We offer a lot of flexibility, as we generally provide multiple routes with optional afternoon extensions. These routes can range from relaxed 30 miles days, to 75 miles with sections of dirt and gravel, but with most falling in the 40-60 mile range.
What happens at fitting?
Our cycling specialists will have prepared the right size cycle for your height. They will then make minor adjustments to suit your body type and riding style to ensure optimal comfort and functionality on the first morning of the trip.