“This was a fabulous trip that I took with my family and met friends we continue to hang with! Hayley was an awesome guide! Her knowledge and experience were inspiring and helpful. We hiked everyday, and saw great scenery. From beautiful glaciers and tundr...“
Alaska Alpine Adventures was conceptualized during many seasons of exploration throughout Lake Clark National Park by founders Dan Oberlatz and Derek Nelson. During this time, we held odd jobs and lived a life focused on climbing, skiing, and hiking as much of Lake ...
Alaska Alpine Adventures was conceptualized during many seasons of exploration throughout Lake Clark National Park by founders Dan Oberlatz and Derek Nelson. During this time, we held odd jobs and lived a life focused on climbing, skiing, and hiking as much of Lake Clark as we could possibly afford. Work simply meant the means to pay for our next flight into the wilderness, and time spent in the wild was the currency we preferred to earn. From first ascents and descents of remote peaks of the Alaska and Aleutian mountain ranges, to extended backpacking trips and speed hikes, our lives were rich with Alaska experience and the lifestyle was wealthy. Our explorations fostered a profound appreciation and respect for the Alaska wilderness, a remarkable skill-set, and a passion for pure wilderness travel. Furthermore, our collection of experiences became the seed for Alaska Alpine Adventures, which became a reality in 1998. Since our early days on Lake Clark, it is the blend of “what we do” and “who we are” that has made AAA. We are quite simply a group of explorers and naturalists sharing with our guests the incredible beauty of Alaska – The Great Land. Our goal and passion is to give participants the opportunity to experience, through pure Adventure Travel, the exhilaration, the wonder, the grandeur, and the solitude of Alaska’s magnificent national parks and wildlife refuges. As guides, however, we are more than simply leaders into the areas we venture. Throughout the Alaska Alpine Adventures' experience, we endeavor not only to share these amazing landscapes on foot, raft, skis, or kayak, but also to help our clients develop a sense of commitment to and appreciation for the vast public lands we visit. We strive to be good stewards of the truly wild and intact ecosystems we explore, and are committed to educating ourselves and others to respect and protect the wilderness areas that make these wonderful adventure tourism experiences possible. Because we promote the educational component of our expeditions, we tend to attract visitors bent on exploring and experiencing “real” Alaska - rather than simply "peak bagging" or "thrill seeking." We believe that this is also due in large part to the fact that we project conservation ethics, cultural awareness, and environmental commitment throughout all aspects of our enterprise. Our impressive collection of experiences represents not only our history, but also the blueprint for the future of Alaska Alpine Adventures. When you choose to travel with us, you can rest assured that your trip has been meticulously planned and executed by real Alaskans with authentic Alaska know-how, skill, and ability.Read more
4 Alaska Alpine Adventures ReviewsWrite a review
- YYYury5.0 - ExcellentWritten on March 3, 2016Actually went on two trips with Alaska Alpine Adventures. Both times amazing experience with them. Pre-trip they are available to answer all questions, and ma…Read more
- Haley5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 25, 2016Test. Test. Test.
- SStrobel5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 18, 2016As always, we had a great experience travelling with Alaska Alpine Adventures (AAA). Our expert guides led us on a grand adventure, traversing the ANWR. The sce…Read more
- IIngrid5.0 - ExcellentWritten on February 17, 2016This was a fabulous trip that I took with my family and met friends we continue to hang with! Hayley was an awesome guide! Her knowledge and experience were in…Read more
Alaska Alpine Adventures Tours
About Alaska Alpine Adventures
Exclusive benefits with
- Compare 1000+ carefully screened operators
- Read 100,000+ genuine traveller reviews
- Choose between 25,000+ tours
- Always pay the best and lowest price
- Earn unlimited travel credits with every booking
- Never pay credit card or booking fees
- Book via our secure payment platform
- Enjoy flexible payment options
- Trusted by thousands of satisfied travellers
Alaska Alpine Adventures Photos
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!