- Leading adventure travel company
- Recognised for responsible tourism initiatives
- Supported by recognised professional adventurers
- All inclusive pricing
Awards & Recognitions
World Expeditions Guides
56 World Expeditions Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- WKWasimSummits of Ecuador4.0 - GoodWritten on April 17, 2017The guides were very helpful, and have good overall knowledge.. Everything was done according to the schedule.
- EAEmilyBackroads of Japan3.0 - AverageWritten on February 1, 2017My husband and I went on the World Expiditions Back Roads of Japan Tour last year, and were extremely dis…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Emily, We are sorry that you were not satisfied by our detailed response to you and gesture of goodwill. The Backroads of Japan trip has been very popular with our clients over the past 15 years or so that we have operated the trip. As you have been advised we are no longer working with this guide and have put in place procedures to ensure this situation never happens again. Thank you for your feedback and we sincerely apologise once again. The Asia ops Team
- TonyBackroads of Japan2.0 - Rather poorWritten on February 1, 2017This was our first trip with World Expeditions and also our first trip to Japan. We were very surprised t…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear Tony, We can assure you that your feedback was treated with the utmost concern as evidenced in our lengthy response to you and our gesture of goodwill which you accepted. We have successfully operated the Backroads of Japan trip for more than 15 years and it was of great concern to us that your guide was not suitable. Once again we sincerely apologise for the affect the guide had on your experience in Japan. The Asia Ops team
- MartaVietnam by Bike4.0 - GoodWritten on January 4, 2017The guide was excellent. Tm was really great , very knowledgeable and fun. The trip was very well organized and well staffed. The accommodations were fine as we…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks for your thoughtful review Marta. We avoid 'touristy' restaurants for most meals but there are times when they are the best available. We appreciate your itinerary suggestions. World Expeditions was the first company to offer commercial cycling trips in Vietnam and since we began operating there the country has undergone widespread development. We have modified our itineraries to ensure that we keep on the backroads as much as possible, providing that real insight into rural communities. Of course being on a bike allows you to really immerse in the country which we can see you enjoyed. Thanks again Marta and we look forward to welcoming you again on another World Expeditions adventures. The Asia Ops Team
- LYLoretaBackroads of Japan3.0 - AverageWritten on November 23, 2016I would call it is an experience holiday. The World expedition brochure did not indicate the length of journey we had to w…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewThank you Loreta for providing your valuable feedback. Our trip notes offer information regarding the hours you will likely be walking but not the kms because in mountain environments the time it takes is usually a better guide than the distance. The Backroads of Japan trip has been operated by us for more than 15 years and people aged from 14 to 84 have experienced the diversity of this walking journey in Japan. So whilst we agree that providing more details on the distances walked is a reasonable suggestion, we don't agree that the age limit should be restricted to 50. We hope you will join us for another experience holiday. All the best from the Asia Ops Team
- JHJGobi Desert Explorer2.5 - AverageWritten on November 16, 2016I spent a great deal of money on a trip to Mongolia with World Expeditions. I signed up for a trip to the Gobi Desert with this tour…Read moreWorld Expeditions commented on this reviewDear J HIll, Thank you for your feedback regarding the Gobi Desert Explorer. We were of course very concerned to read that the trip did not meet with your expectations. By way of background, we have been operating our trips in Mongolia for more than a decade very successfully and consistently with positive client feedback. We are therefore very surprised to read about your experiences on this trip. We can assure you that the matter has been thoroughly investigated and addressed with our partners in Mongolia, detecting that the quality of guiding was not up to our normal standard. By way of explanation, Mongolia is experiencing a mining and energy boom that coincides with a significant spike in tourism numbers. From a human resources point of view, the industries are competing for qualified and quality personnel. A detailed response has been sent to you directly and we hope this illustrates our focus on addressing all feedback, both positive and negative, in the appropriate manner. Sincerely - Sarah Higgins | Asia Operations Manager
World Expeditions Tours
- Everest Base Camp & Kala Pattar 17 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Kathmandu$2,116
- Unique Madagascar 11 daysStarts AntananarivoEnds Antananarivo$2,176
- Everest Circuit & the Cho La 21 daysStarts KathmanduEnds Kathmandu$2,769
About World Expeditions
World Expeditions videos
- Vietnam Part 1
- Walls of Jerusalem
- Cradle Mountain
- Show more...
- The Evolution of Adventure Travel
- Annapurna Views and Vistas
- Franklin River Rafting
- Trekking in the Everest Region with World Expeditions
- Visit Myanmar
- Desert Rivers and Wildlife in Comfort
- Costa Rica Adventures
- Permanent Campsites In Nepal
- Nepal Porter Protection
- Masterchef in Nepal
- Responsible Travel with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel - 10 pieces Litter Collection
- Rwanda Gorilla Adventure
- My Sri Lanka - Peter Kuruvita
- The Overland Track
- Mongolia In the Footsteps of the Nomad with Tim Cope
- The Silk Road with World Expeditions and Maria Visconti
- Bike, Hike & Kayak Vietnam with Australian Geographic Outdoor
- Everest Base Camp & Island Peak
- Galapagos Islands on Beluga
- Jatbula Trail
- Trip around North Vietnam with World Expeditions
- Cradle Mountain National Park walks
- Cycle Sri lanka
- Hi Chi Minh to Angkor Wat Cycle Tour
- South Coast Track trek: Tasmania
- Sensory Overload - Vietnam By Bike
- Nat Geo Adventure on tour with World Expeditions to Machu Picchu
- Walk the Larapinta Trail
- Trekking in the Indian Himalaya with World Expeditions
- National Geographic Channel discovers Kyoto and Izu with World Expeditions
- Why Raft Tasmania's Franklin River?
- Mt Wellington (1271m) cycle descent, Hobart
- Kakadu Walking Adventure with World Expeditions
- Nat Geo Adventure discovers Nepal with World Expeditions
- Trekking in the Annapurnas
- Alternative Treks to Classic Inca Trail
- Ethiopia Simien Highlands
- On The Rocks with Monique and Simon
- Cycle across Prince Edward Island
- Inca Rivers Trek - Choquequirao to Machu Picchu
- Trekking the Larapinta Trail
- Jewels Of The Arctic with World Expeditions
- Discovers Tokyo with World Expeditions
- Bruny Island Long Weekend
- Chomolhari Base Camp and Tigers Nest Trek
- Walk Tasmania's Overland Track
- WORLD TRAVELLER CAMBODIA
- World Expeditions & Antarctic Peninsula
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Explore Cusco with World Expeditions
- Responsible Travel in Peru with World Expeditions
- Discover the Sacred Valley of the Incas in Peru with World Expeditions
- Trek the Great Himalaya Trail with World Expeditions
- Take the Paths Less Travelled with World Expeditions
Why Travel With World Expeditions?
Leaders in Responsible Travel
Innovative Multi Active Itineraries
Create Your Own Adventure
World Firsts by World Expeditions
Awards & Recognitions
- 50 Tours of a Lifetime-Arnhem Land Marine Rescue-National Geographic2008
- 50 Tours of Lifetime - Mongolia - National Geographic2011
- Best River Trip: Franklin River, Tasmania - Outside's Travel Awards2013
- Highly Commended Best in Mntn Environment - Porter Protection Policies2006
- WWF Environmental Achievement Award - Responsible Travel Guidebook2001
- Outstanding Tourism Product - Travel Journalism Awards2014
- Leadership Award - Responsible Travel & Tourism Forum2008
- Best Tour Operator - Australian Gourmet Traveller2008
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How often is a trip cancelled?
Because our group sizes are small, about 95% of our trips operate – so the chances of trip you are going on are very high!
What is included in my adventure holiday?
Unlike other cheaper tour providers, we aim to incorporate as many inclusions as possible in our tour costs to minimise your out of pocket expenses while you are on tour. This could include meals, national park fees, permits etc. This minimises the risk of carrying around large sums of cash while overseas, and means there are no unsuspected additional expenses while on the road. Please ensure you read our trip notes prior to leaving for exact inclusions.
What about the food?
There’s nothing more satisfying after a hard day of trekking or cycling than sitting down with a hearty meal at the end of the day, so we ensure that our meals are tasty, varied and have plenty of fresh ingredients! You can expect a combination of local and European dishes cooked under a high standard of hygiene. We also cater for vegetarians and dietary requirements and ensure meals are filling and delicious!
What about environmental impact?
We at World Expeditions hold a firm belief that adventure travel revolves around creating a strong working relationship within the environments we operate and the people we interact with. On our trips, we encourage all travellers to familiarise themselves with our Responsible Tourism Guide before you depart on your trip. We are a strong supporter of the 10 Pieces initiative which encourages travellers to take 10 pieces of rubbish every day while trekking, leaving the environment in a better condition than when we arrived.
Where do we stay?
We carefully select the accommodation you stay in on our trips to ensure it reflects the local character. While staying in cities, hotel rooms are on a twin share basis with private facilities. Remote communities, however, have more simple yet clean rooms with basic facilities. When in the field, you can expect the best possible camping experience complete with two person tents, toilet tent and a mess tent for dining together.
How safe is it?
We are proud to say that safety is our number one priority, and our staff continually review every aspect of your adventure. Our expert guides are fully conversant with the demands of travelling in remote regions.
What level of comfort can I expect?
On our trekking adventures we camp in comfort and style using the best equipment. Meals are cooked for you while our staff prepare the campsites while you sit back and relax. The same level of comfort is provided on our cycling and sea kayak adventures. Our staff ensure that your day to day needs are taken care of, and while on your trip you travel in comfortable private vehicles and local hotels (when not camping).
How fit do I have to be for an adventure travel holiday?
All trips with World Expeditions are graded from an introductory to advanced mountaineering grading system, and each grading has a different physical requirement for the trip. While we recommend that anyone joining on an adventure should have a reasonable level of health and fitness, it is essential that you read the detailed trip notes and training advice for some of the intermediate and advanced trips to ensure you are able to complete the trip safely.
Am I suited to small group travel?
If you have not been on a small group trip before, rest assured that World Expeditions trips are very flexible and allow you to do your own thing within the framework of the itinerary. The maximum group size on World Expeditions trips is 16 people – an ideal size for for minimal impact travel and small enough to be able to form lasting friendships with your fellow travellers.