- Authentic travel experiences
- 60% of travellers are solo passengers
- Established for 30 years
- Travelling with like minded people
Awards & Recognitions
Tucan Travel Guides
148 Tucan Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Janique1.5 - Rather poorWritten on January 15, 2017...us agents etc and at 1100 on Day 2, a Tour Leader and driver arrived. Tucan was uncontactable and it became obvious that the ground handler was re...Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewWe are so sorry to read this, Janique. We have now discontinued our Cuba tours so that this cannot happen again. We do provide detailed information on what to expect from Cuba on our itineraries but if you feel this did not fairly reflect the situation on the ground, please do get in contact with email@example.com.
- ElannaTransylvania Tale5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 13, 2017Fantastic tour such a unique experience. The itinerary was amazing and our tour guide Jess was perfect!! highly recommend Tucan!
- KristinaSouth East Asia Loop5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 5, 2017South east asia loop was my first ever group tour by myself, and I had an amazing time. Our guide was great, very informative and easy to get along with. The tr...Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewLove the photos and great to see that you had such a good time, Kristina! Thanks for the feedback! :-)
- GabrielaHighlights of Morocco4.5 - ExcellentWritten on January 3, 2017The trip was an excellent one. We covered a lot of Morocco, from the busy and varied cities of Marrakech, Rabat, Casablanca and Fes through lush palm tree vis...Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewWhat a lovely review and a massive compliment to Mohammed. Thank you so much for leaving it.
- TinekeSri Lanka Experience4.0 - GoodWritten on December 29, 2016This tour was pretty incredible! With a great guide like Priya, there were many opportunities for exploring, cultural learning and sights that otherwise may hav...Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your feedback Tineke! We are so pleased you enjoyed your tour of Sri Lanka!
- hadlaaPeru & Bolivia Highlights4.5 - ExcellentWritten on December 8, 2016... helpful and knows how to deal with every one.... Perfect trip ..... Tucan is highly recommended.Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewThanks so much for your feedback Hadla. The best trip you've done so far! Wow! We look forward to next time.
Tucan Travel Tours
About Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel videos
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 3
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 1
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 2
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 4
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 5
- Show more...
- Main Page Video
Why Tucan Travel?
Modular, Flexible Itineraries
Tucan Travel Benefits
Over 4000 Guaranteed Departures
Custom Trucks on Overland Tours
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Tucan Travel Photos
Popular for Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What transport will be used?
Tucan Travel’s tours use a variety of transport. On most of their tours you will be using a combination of different public transport styles. This includes public buses, trains, overnight transport, tuk-tuks and taxis. Please be aware that as you will be taking public transport, then the baggage you bring must be easily able to carry whilst travelling.
On Africa tours and some South America tours you will be travelling on their custom-built overland trucks. They feature forward facing coach seats, safety belts, and plenty of leg room. The trucks are equipped with powerful engines and long range fuel tanks as well as ample storage and power sockets .
What is the best way to carry money while on the tour?
In most destinations (except for Europe and Cuba), all currency should be in US dollars. ATMs are the easiest way to withdraw money BUT you should never rely solely on them and always have a back-up of cash. Tucan Travel recommend travellers to bring as much US dollars cash (in small denomination bills with no rips, writing or other damage) or euro cash (depending on the destination) as you feel comfortable carrying.
Are meals included on the tour?
Meals vary from itinerary to itinerary. In many cases breakfasts are included, as well as meals whilst camping, such as on the Inca Trek. On tours that do not have meals included, Tucan Travel’s tour leaders will be able to recommend local restaurants for clients who want to try the region’s cuisine on their adventure.
How about the crime rate in each destinations?
Please read the travel safety notices issued by your government, purchase comprehensive travel insurance and take heed of your tour leader's advice when you arrive.
When will the travellers meet the tour leader?
On most group tours the tour leader will be at the joining hotel and will hold a pre-departure meeting in the late afternoon/early evening of day 1. On some shorter trips, you will not meet your tour leader until day 2, as these trips are parts of longer adventure travel tours.
Does Tucan Travel offer airport transfers?
In most cities, Tucan Travel offer arrival transfer services which can be booked for an additional charge. It is also easy to take a taxi to the joining hotel. Most airports have reliable pre-paid fixed priced taxi booths in the arrivals terminal. Please enquire if you would like to know if the tour you are interested in has a transfer included.
What things do I need to bring?
It depends entirely on each destination, the season and the activites you'll participate in. Some tours require sleeping bags, comfortable, hardy, waterproof shoes and waterproof clothing for outdoor activities, e.g. trekking. Bring long, light clothing for hot destinations and countries where you'll encounter conservative attitudes to dress.
What kind of luggage is recommended?
Tucan Travel recommends that travellers bring a soft frameless backpack or sports type bag. Wheeled luggage and suitcases are not recommended on Tucan Travel’s tours as these are not suitable for storage on the trucks or public transport. Travellers will need to carry their own luggage and should make sure to bring a comfortable bag that is light enough to carry. For tours travelling on our expedition or if you are travelling on a tour with internal flights, the luggage should not exceed 20 kilograms.
When is the arrival and departure on the tour?
Day 1 of all our group tours is simply a joining day and the last day is the official departure day so travellers can arrive/depart at any time on these days. In general the tour departs early on day 2 and returns in the afternoon/evening of the second to last day. Day 1 of our Expedition Cruises is often the departure day, unless it is packaged with pre cruise accommodation.
Why is a local payment required?
For travellers on the Budget Expeditions Group Tour, a local payment to the tour leader on day 1 in US dollars is required. In the rare event that there is a short fall in the local payment, travellers will be required to make an extra contribution.