- Monday8:00 - 17:30
- Tuesday8:00 - 17:30
- Wednesday8:00 - 17:30
- Thursday8:00 - 17:30
- Friday8:00 - 17:30
- Saturday10:00 - 14:00
- Authentic travel experiences
- 60% of travellers are solo passengers
- Established for 30 years
- Travelling with like minded people
Awards & Recognitions
Tucan Travel Guides
206 Tucan Travel Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- HHannahJewels of Sri Lanka5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 14, 2017Wonderful trip which covered much! Couldn't have asked for a better team leading the experience. Would definitely recommend to others.Tucan Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your feedback Hannah!
- NMNinaJewels of Sri Lanka5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 14, 2017A wonderful trip which takes you through so many beautiful highlights of Sri Lanka. We managed to accomplish so much in the short space of time with lots of opt…Read moreTucan Travel commented on this reviewThank you for your review Nina!
- MercedesComplete Eastern Europe4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 3, 2017The tour is fabulous!!! Tucan is very organized and Everton gracias flores very well.
- MKManSalt Flats to Sugarloaf (from Rio de Janeiro to La Paz)4.0 - GoodWritten on July 29, 2017…ng four big countries in South America within 19 days is a challenge, Tucan made smooth arrangements and created a great experience. The hotels…Read more
Tucan Travel Tours
About Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel videos
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 3
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 1
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 2
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 4
- The Road to Rio Carnival Day 5
- Show more...
- Main Page Video
- Cusco, Lima
- Machu Picchu
- On The Road with Tucan Travel, Africa
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Borneo Adventure
- Lake Titicaca
- The Amazon Jungle from Peru
- Sri Lanka
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Ultimate Travel Guide: Canada
Why Tucan Travel?
Modular, Flexible Itineraries
Tucan Travel Benefits
Over 4000 Guaranteed Departures
Custom Trucks on Overland Tours
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Tucan Travel Photos
Popular for Tucan Travel
Tucan Travel Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What transport will be used?
Tucan Travel’s tours use a variety of transport. On most of their tours you will be using a combination of different public transport styles. This includes public buses, trains, overnight transport, tuk-tuks and taxis. Please be aware that as you will be taking public transport, then the baggage you bring must be easily able to carry whilst travelling.
On Africa tours and some South America tours you will be travelling on their custom-built overland trucks. They feature forward facing coach seats, safety belts, and plenty of leg room. The trucks are equipped with powerful engines and long range fuel tanks as well as ample storage and power sockets .
What is the best way to carry money while on the tour?
In most destinations (except for Europe and Cuba), all currency should be in US dollars. ATMs are the easiest way to withdraw money BUT you should never rely solely on them and always have a back-up of cash. Tucan Travel recommend travellers to bring as much US dollars cash (in small denomination bills with no rips, writing or other damage) or euro cash (depending on the destination) as you feel comfortable carrying.
Are meals included on the tour?
Meals vary from itinerary to itinerary. In many cases breakfasts are included, as well as meals whilst camping, such as on the Inca Trek. On tours that do not have meals included, Tucan Travel’s tour leaders will be able to recommend local restaurants for clients who want to try the region’s cuisine on their adventure.
How about the crime rate in each destinations?
Please read the travel safety notices issued by your government, purchase comprehensive travel insurance and take heed of your tour leader's advice when you arrive.
When will the travellers meet the tour leader?
On most group tours the tour leader will be at the joining hotel and will hold a pre-departure meeting in the late afternoon/early evening of day 1. On some shorter trips, you will not meet your tour leader until day 2, as these trips are parts of longer adventure travel tours.
Does Tucan Travel offer airport transfers?
In most cities, Tucan Travel offer arrival transfer services which can be booked for an additional charge. It is also easy to take a taxi to the joining hotel. Most airports have reliable pre-paid fixed priced taxi booths in the arrivals terminal. Please enquire if you would like to know if the tour you are interested in has a transfer included.
What things do I need to bring?
It depends entirely on each destination, the season and the activites you'll participate in. Some tours require sleeping bags, comfortable, hardy, waterproof shoes and waterproof clothing for outdoor activities, e.g. trekking. Bring long, light clothing for hot destinations and countries where you'll encounter conservative attitudes to dress.
What kind of luggage is recommended?
Tucan Travel recommends that travellers bring a soft frameless backpack or sports type bag. Wheeled luggage and suitcases are not recommended on Tucan Travel’s tours as these are not suitable for storage on the trucks or public transport. Travellers will need to carry their own luggage and should make sure to bring a comfortable bag that is light enough to carry. For tours travelling on our expedition or if you are travelling on a tour with internal flights, the luggage should not exceed 20 kilograms.
When is the arrival and departure on the tour?
Day 1 of all our group tours is simply a joining day and the last day is the official departure day so travellers can arrive/depart at any time on these days. In general the tour departs early on day 2 and returns in the afternoon/evening of the second to last day. Day 1 of our Expedition Cruises is often the departure day, unless it is packaged with pre cruise accommodation.
Why is a local payment required?
For travellers on the Adventures for 20s and 30s Tour, a local payment to the tour leader on day 1 in US dollars is required. In the rare event that there is a short fall in the local payment, travellers will be required to make an extra contribution.