- Original Adventures since “72”
- Voted best small holiday company to the USA
- North Americas ONLY small group specialist for 18-38s!
- Local tour leaders
Awards & Recognitions
44 Trek America Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 3.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- LokWestern Wonder4.0 - GoodWritten on September 24, 2016One of the interesting and lovely place for hiking.
- SESarahMountie3.0 - AverageWritten on July 18, 2016The trip was below what I expected. 3 out of 7 tents broke in some way during the 12 day trip and the minibus had a broken door requiring multiple slams to get …Read moreTrek America commented on this reviewWe are sorry the tour didn’t live up to expectations. Thankfully we do not hear such comments that often. We review all clients feedback and this is used as part of a very thorough process to evaluate our leaders as well as equipment and all aspects of the services we offer. We do also have a formal complaint process should you wish to take this further, then please contact us in writing. We are however glad you enjoyed some of the amazing sights and sounds the Canadian Rockies have to offer.
- DeneeCanadian Blt2.0 - Rather poorWritten on July 11, 2016I write to Trek America to express my disappointment with my recent Canada BLT experien…Read moreTrek America commented on this reviewThank you for your comments and these have been passed onto the team in Canada. Comments such as yours are very rare and we take them extremely seriously. We will get back to you in regards to the particular issues you raise separately. Matt - TrekAmerica Sales Manager
- JMexico City To San Jose Bolt (from Mexico City to San Jose)2.0 - Rather poorWritten on June 19, 2016I won't choose Trek America again, never recommend. Untrained tour guide, NOTHING included…Read moreTrek America commented on this reviewWe are always sorry to read that things didn’t work out as expected. This trip is operated by a partner company and we will be passing your comments directly to them for further investigation.
Trek America Tours
About Trek America
Trek America videos
- Southern Sun Trekkers Video
- North American Q&A with Trek America
- Q&A: Trek America Oct 2014
- Trek America: The Legend
- Trek America - 100% America, 100% Adventure!
- Show more...
- Trek America: Best of the East
- TrekAmerica: iTrekTo...
- Trek America: Adventures in North, Central and South America
- California Calling
- Big City Life
- A Day in the Life of a Trekker
- Why Travel with TrekAmerica?
Trek America Benefits
True American Tour Leaders
Why Trek America
Award Winning Tours
Like Minded Groups
Awards & Recognitions
- WINNER - Best Holiday Company to CanadaBritish Travel Awards 2016
- WINNER - Best Holiday Company to the USA - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2016
- SILVER - Best Holiday Company to Canada - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2015
- BRONZE - Best Holiday Company for Customer Service - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2014
- BRONZE - Best Singles Holiday Company - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2014
- WINNER - Best Holiday Company to Canada - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2013, 2014
- WINNER - Best Holiday Company to the USA - SmallBritish Travel Awards/ 2013, 2014, 2015
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Trek America Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does TrekAmerica include the transfers to the tour joining point?
No, TrekAmerica don't arrange or include transfers from the airport to the gateway hotels since there are quick, easy and more cost effective transfer options available directly from the airport to the gateway hotels.
Where is the joining point of the tour?
Most of the tours start in the lobby of the departure hotel at 7.30am The departure hotels serve as the Trek's start and end points. For booking inquries and other tour information, please contact us and we can definitely assist you.
Is it possible to visit Alcatraz on the tour?
If you want to visit Alcatraz on your visit to San Francisco, you can do this on your free day (Day 2 in San Francisco). It is recommended to book tickets in advance as they may otherwise sell out. Please contact us for more infomation.
Is it necessary to pre-book optional activities?
Your tour leader will run through all the options with you during your trip and you can decide what you'd like to do and pay as you go along for these so you don't need to pre-book any of the optional activities.
Is tipping necessary?
It is normal and expected in North America to tip waiters, bar staff and taxi drivers or any type of guide. A minimum of 15-18% is standard in restaurants. If your tour leader's performance meets or exceeds your expectations, TrekAmerica recommends you consider a tip of US$5-7 per person, per day, in appreciation of the service you receive.
How is it possible to get cash while on tour?
Throughout the Americas, ATM's and cash machines are readily available and major credit cards are widely accepted. Travellers Cheques are generally accepted and can be a safe way to take your funds but aren't always the most practical, as foreign money exchange facilities, especially in Central America, can be limited. Credit cards are not accepted for the Food Kitty and many optional activities. Pre-paid credit cards can be a cost effective and safe way to take funds overseas. TrekAmerica suggests you bring US $150 with you in cash to start the tour with.
What is the recommended amount of money to bring on the tour?
A budget of at least an average of US$25/CAN$25 per day for meals and general spending is recommended for camping trips. This includes US$10/CAN$10 per day for your food kitty which covers all of your meals while camping plus at least US$15/CAN$15 per day for snacks, drinks, tips and general spending. For BLT Tours the recommend budget is an average of US$50 per day to cover all meals, snacks, drinks, tips and general spending. It is customary to tip waiters, bar staff, taxi drivers, local guides and any person who provides a service for you. Your tour leader will work long and hard for you during your tour and there is a recommended discretionary tip of US$5-7 per passenger per day if the leader's performance meets or exceeds your expectations. These amounts are recommendations only, how much you want to spend is dependent on your personal choice.
What footwear is recommended on the trips?
Comfortable shoes are recommended and walking shoes or boots that will provide a more sturdy grip as well as good ankle support. A comfortable pair trainers will be ok, but be prepared for these to get dirty and make sure they do offer some grip.
Are hair straighteners and hairdryers allowed on the trip?
Yes, hairdryers and hair straighteners are allowed, but make sure you bring plug adaptors and check the voltage as they can vary meaning your appliances won't work exactly the same as they do at home.
Are camping mats needed on the trip?
A foam sleeping mat is provided however you may prefer to bring your own inflatable sleeping mat for extra comfort. You may also like to bring a pillow.