- Award winning global product range
- Passionate and knowledgeable crew
- Balance of social and free time
- Locally-inspired cuisine
Awards & Recognitions
2,261 Topdeck Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Justin4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 26, 2017I did the Aspres in the snow tour with Sarah. She was the best tour guide I've ever had and I've done atleast a dozen. I traveled alone in the group and she mad...Read more
- DanielEssential Europe3.0 - AverageWritten on March 18, 2017Saw very little of lots of places. Too much bus time not enough to explore each location. Poor itinerary would recommend tour with at least 2 nights in each loc...Read moreTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Daniel, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options and meals on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with along with the places the meals did not meet your expectations. Feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- KirandeepIsland Suntanner (ex. Sydney)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on March 18, 2017I've been on a couple of Topdeck tours and Anthony is the best tour guide I've had. His knowledge of ...Read moreTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Kirandeep, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with. Feel free to contact our team at email@example.com who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- Europe 2013 Travel
- Wild Africa Adventure Tour!
- North America Trips
- Las Fallas - Festival of Fire
- Channel [V] x Topdeck - Part 1: Paris
- Show more...
- Channel [V] x Topdeck - Part 2: Swiss Alps
- Channel [V] x Topdeck - Part 3: Barcelona
- Topdeck European Pioneer
- Q&A with Topdeck Trip Leader
- 11 ways to get inspired in Australia
- See Australia with Topdeck
- Experience the Magic of Europe
- Topdeck Africa
- Topdeck USA
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- New Zealand
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
40 Years Experiences
Free Time to Explore
Awards & Recognitions
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "The greatest adventure yet! Guiding with Topdeck is a dream come true for me! I LOVE travel, lets be..."
- "MY NAME IS SARAH, PICK UP STICKS ENTHUSIAST, AND LOVER OF THE CAPSLOCK! I worked as a clinical pharmacist..."
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Topdeck Story & History
Started by friends in 1973 who shared a passion for adventure, Topdeck Travel has a long history of delivering authentic and fun group travel. Originally transport was provided by double decker buses, which gave way to the name Topdeck. From 1974 onwards, and even into the 1990s, these ‘deckers’ (double decker buses) travelled throughout Europe and even further afield in to Morocco, the Middle East, and sometimes making the extended trip between London and Kathmandu.
During the 1980s, the company decided it would move further afield into the United States of America, where it started operations. The company even ran trips from Sydney to London from 1980 onwards, with the last leg using a converted Sydney double decker to stay in theme. Later on it was decided to introduce coaches, and then this happened in the mid 1980’s, it was primarily for the winter ski holidays. This marked the end of the old double deckers, with the 1990’s marking the start of retirement for them in great numbers.
Once this happened, the focus shifted towards camping trips, staying in various campsites across Europe. After this, Topdeck started to take shape as the company we know it today, offering camping, hostel based trips, and even trips with hotel accommodation. one of the original Topdeck double decker buses can still be seen to this day at the Isle of Wight Bus Museum, which is near Newport, Isle of Wight.
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How much cash do I need to bring?
You will have easy access to local currency from ATMs in all major cities. It is also recommended to bring some cash on arrival (US$ or GBP), in addition to your local payment amount. Tipping is expected for quite a few things (carrying your luggage etc.) but you only need to give a small amount and your Trip Leader will advise you what is appropriate.
What clothes do I need to bring for the African trip?
The climate in each African country varies. Most countries range between hot days and mild nights in the summer months to warm days and cool nights in the winter. Some countries can get very hot in summer, so lightweight cottons and linens are recommended along with clothing to cover your head and neck and high factor sunblock. If visiting in winter you will need to bring some warmer clothing for the cool evenings.
Is it possible to extend my stay?
Please contact us to enquire about the cost of pre and post tour accommodation which can be added to your booking for an additional cost.
What is the age range on the trip?
Topdeck's safari trips are run exclusively for travellers aged 18 to 30-something.
For African tours, what is the group size on the trip?
The group have a maximum size of 24 and usually average around 16 travellers.
What kinds of food are served on the trip in Africa?
All of Topdeck's trips include a variety of appetising meals. Please contact us for details on the trip or if you have any questions regarding dietary requirements.
What are the accommodations on the trips through Africa?
During the evenings, you will stay in a two-person dome tents kitted out with insect screens and foam mats. In certain locations Topdeck trips feature included hostel upgrades and they also use comfortable hotel accommodation on Zanzibar.
What are the kinds of transportation that Topdeck use?
Topdeck uses state of the art overland safari vehicles. It keeps food and drinks fresh (in the on-board drinks cooler), your belongings safely stowed (in secure lockers big enough for your entire luggage) and it comes with power points so you can charge up laptops, cameras and mp3 players so you can plug in and chill out when you need to.
Is travel insurance needed for the trip?
Yes, comprehensive travel insurance is compulsory on all Topdeck trips and should be taken out at the time of booking. Please contact us for more information or visit this page www.tourradar.com/travel-insurance for a free quote with our insurance partners, World Nomads.
What are not included on the trip price?
The following are not included on the trip price: Sleeping bag, personal travel and medical insurance, items of a personal nature, optional excursions and restaurant meals and drinks.