GIVE - Laos
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 1,750
Ask a question
Growth International Volunteer Excursions
Response time: 1d
Livvy "I came to Laos expecting to help and impact the lives of those living in Sop Chem, but what I hadn't expected was how much this place and these people would change my life. My entire outlook on life has changed, and words cannot describe the deep appreciation I feel for my home back in America after seeing such a different, simplistic lifestyle in Laos. For anyone scared about the jungle, bugs, ..."
- Luang Prabang
- Laos Highlands
- Nong Khiaw
- Rather Poor
- MFMeganWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was the greatest experience of my entire life hands down. I learned the importance of caring, hard work, and global citizenship in Laos. In the village of Sop Chem I felt so welcome and at home. The people of Laos are so beautiful inside and out and it was such an honor to work alongside them. Choose GIVE you won't regret it!Show detailed ratings
- SESydneyWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded all of my expectations. The guides were knowledgeable, trustworthy, fun, and all around some of the most incredible people I've ever met. We were able to immerse ourselves in a village community most people never get to see, and connect with the incredible locals there by working with them on building a new school building and teaching English. I could not have asked for a better first experience in SE Asia or recommend this program any more to others.Show detailed ratings
- AAliciaWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentHands down the best two weeks of my life! There are truly no words to describe this life changing adventure. I can't thank GIVE enough for providing this amazing opportunity!Show detailed ratings
- RSRobertoWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentGIVE has 100% changed my life in more ways than I could have ever imagined. This summer I went on the Thailand and Laos joint package with original plans of only staying in Thailand. After a week, I was influenced so much by everything I had been learning and experiencing that I could not help myself but to extend my trip to add on the Laos package. BEST DECISION I HAVE EVER MADE HANDS DOWN. I never would have imagined that a trip of only just one month would teach me more than my whole life has taught me up until this day. From all the volunteer work, to the culturally immersive activities, and to just spending time with the village people, this trip has shown me what it truly means to be a global citizen and to enact positive change anywhere in the world. This trip has taught me so many lessons about family, economic status in different countries, social issues, and the world as a whole. I look at life and the world through a brand new set of eyes, eyes that now have shown me where my true priorities lie, eyes that have shown me what my potential is in this world, and eyes that have shown me how much love I have inside of me to give to others. This trip taught me the importance of being yourself, truly striving for what you believe in, and the power of friendship and like-minded ideas. I have not laughed more, cried more, and felt more love and appreciation than I have this past month, in my whole life. I highly recommend to everyone who reads this, please go on this adventure of a lifetime. You will thank yourself for it, your family will thank you for it, and this world will one day truly feel your passions that this trip will ignite.Show detailed ratings
- SCSebastianWritten on August 18, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was the best experience of my life. I can honestly say that this was life changing and I am planning on doing more trips with GIVE in the future. I grew more than I think I'd ever do in just a month and I can't be thankful enough for that. I would absolutely recommend any trip from GIVE to anyone!Show detailed ratings
- AAnnaWritten on August 13, 20175.0 - ExcellentThere's not a thing I would change about this trip! The accommodations were comfortable, everything was organized and we still had freedom and the ability to really experience the culture of our host country from the ground up. The food was AMAZING, and I haven't eaten such fresh, delicious meals since I left. I've also never found a banana or pineapple that tastes as good as the ones I had there. You will share the experience of a lifetime with so many like-minded people, and it will be something that stays with you forever. During my time in Laos, we spent 8 days living among the warm, welcoming villagers of Sop Chem. My group was the 5th and last group of the summer here, and the volunteers were each given the option of teaching English or working on the construction team every day. The children of the village spoke absolutely no English at the beginning of the summer. By the time I left, children were speaking with me every single day. Asking me how I am; telling me that they are excited, happy, sleepy; singing me the ABC's; asking me to purchase their scarves, and far more than that. Women of the village would wake up every morning & work all day long either in the fields or weaving scarves, cook, take care of their children, and at the end of the day sit down with me & a few other volunteers & guides and eagerly learn as much English within two hours as they possibly could. They continued to practice and learn every time we walked together or hungout throughout the day, and taught me Lao while I taught them English. The village as a whole shared a beautiful, inspiring enthusiasm to grow and learn, and there are so many people to thank for providing both me & the village of Sop Chem with the opportunity to be a part of the growth and development of this phenomenal country. Every single group of volunteers before mine, GIVE, all of my absolutely amazing guides, and the kind souls of the village for entirely opening themselves and their home up to us. It pained me to leave, but it makes my heart happy knowing I was an active part of the beautiful growth of this deserving village. I can't thank GIVE enough for this life changing opportunity, and this isn't the end of my path of being a global citizen.Show detailed ratings
- JAJohnWritten on August 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was one of the most incredible experiences of my life. Definitely life-changing and humbling. First of all, Laos is so beautiful and being there was enough to satisfy my hunger for travel. To make things better my guides were super enthusiastic and encouraging especially when someone was hesitant to get out of their comfort zone. We got to do the perfect mixture of sight seeing, culture immersion, and hard work. The work was very rewarding and the tourist activities were always exciting. This is an experience that everyone needs to have without a doubt. I have not laughed that hard and that long in a very long time being with an incredible group of hilarious and positive people. If I were to volunteer again it would definitely be GIVE.Show detailed ratings
- HHHollyWritten on August 4, 20175.0 - Excellentthis trip will change your life, your perspective, and your heart. if you're considering going on this trip and are looking for a sign that this trip is right for you, let this be your sign. i can guarantee that you will not regret this experience. the people you'll meet, the adventures you'll go on, you'll accomplish things you didn't know you could do, or feel. i 100% reccomend this journey, doooooo it!Show detailed ratings
- RCRachelWritten on July 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentHere are just some of many words that I would use to describe my time in Southeast Asia with GIVE: Inspiring Captivating Eye-opening Impactful If you are someone seeking a life changing, immersive experience filled with personal growth and adventure, a trip through GIVE will deliver that and so much more. You will learn so much from the beautiful people you will meet on these trips, and will leave with an entirely different perspective on the world around us. This trip taught me so much that just writing it all here would not be enough to really convey everything I experienced in both Thailand and Laos. I hope that if you are given the chance to travel the world you will want to do it with an organization like GIVE and discover what it means to be a global citizen and become the roots of change. This trip was unreal and unforgettable, and I will always be thankful to the lifelong friendships and discoveries that were made here. Thank you GIVE, and I cannot wait to return to Thailand and Laos one day, and maybe even find a new adventure in Nicaragua or Tanzania!Show detailed ratings
- LCLivvyWritten on July 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentI came to Laos expecting to help and impact the lives of those living in Sop Chem, but what I hadn't expected was how much this place and these people would change my life. My entire outlook on life has changed, and words cannot describe the deep appreciation I feel for my home back in America after seeing such a different, simplistic lifestyle in Laos. For anyone scared about the jungle, bugs, wildlife, people, etc... DON'T BE. Embrace those feelings of apprehension and being scared, because having the opportunity to be completely out of your element is rare in the US, and every one of us needs to jump out of our comfort zone, past the clutches of our fears, to truly experience our true authentic selves and the wonders of the world. This organization is lighting sparks of global citizens across the world, and how wonderful would it be if you let it light yours? :)Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Day 3
- Day 4
- Day 12
- Day 13
- Day 14
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Libby, 53 years old8th February 2017
NO CREDIT CARD FEES
GIVE - Laos
STARTENDOUR SAVING PRICE SPACE LEFT
- SundayJan 7, 2018from Luang PrabangSaturdayJan 20, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from Luang PrabangFridayJun 1, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- MondayMay 28, 2018from Luang PrabangSundayJun 10, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- WednesdayJun 6, 2018from Luang PrabangTuesdayJun 19, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- FridayJun 15, 2018from Luang PrabangThursdayJun 28, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Luang PrabangSaturdayJul 7, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from Luang PrabangMondayJul 16, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- ThursdayJul 12, 2018from Luang PrabangWednesdayJul 25, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- SaturdayJul 21, 2018from Luang PrabangFridayAug 3, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
- MondayJul 30, 2018from Luang PrabangSundayAug 12, 2018in Nong KhiawOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,75010+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Useful things to know before you go
Plugs & Adapters
Here is an indication for which countries you might need a visa. Please contact the local embassy for help applying for visas to these places.
These are only indications, so please visit your doctor before you travel to be 100% sure.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Laos. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Laos. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Luang Prabang is the starting point and Nong Khiaw is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 18 October 2017 the full payment of $1,750 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1750 for GIVE - Laos, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
Covering a total distance of approx 92 km.
- Luang Prabang (Laos)
- 92 km
- Nong Khiaw (Laos)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,750 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,772 tours in Asia
- covered by 138 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Laos via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 23,045 travellers have already met
before they left for their Asia tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 56 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Laos