Stray - Tom Pass (North Island)
- US $ 364
- +7 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Age range
- 18 to 49 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- TLTriciaWritten on March 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentI had a great time on my 7-day Tom Pass of the North Island. Romeoo was an excellent driver and super helpful with any questions or concerns. Everyone on the trip was very nice and the scenery was amazing! So glad I could sit back and see everything while someone else did the driving! I will be back for another Stray tour!Show detailed ratings
- EElenaWritten on January 21, 20174.0 - GoodAmazing experience!Show detailed ratings
- DDonovanWritten on December 23, 20163.0 - AverageIt was a pleasant trip with activities planned for you at each stop. There are plenty of solo travelers so it is actually fun to meet so many different people around the world. However, the driver can make more effort to break the ice among the travelers. It was kinda awkward at first.Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on April 22, 20165.0 - ExcellentI can't say enough positive things about my recent Stray experience! Motors was a phenomenal driver and guide for our group and her awesome playlist kept us jamming everywhere we went! The reservations team was so patient with me as I asked a million questions in anticipation for my trip. They booked all the segments for me and were helping me to make special arrangements if I missed my first pick up. Even with all the help and correspondence leading up to my trip, I still wasn't 100% sure what to expect. What I got was everything I never knew I wanted and it blew all my expectations away! Not only do we have a driver, we have a person tour guide. We were led to some great hidden places that we otherwise wouldn't have seen if you were just driving yourself, or focused just on getting to the destination. The cultural experiences were personalized and engaging and I learned so much about New Zealand and the Maori along the way. Signing up for activities and hostels was so much easier than I anticipated and I loved how organized it all way. With Stray, you get the convenience of transportation, a great tour guide, guaranteed lodging and a laundry list of activities to do at each location. I loved how organized it was so that I could just enjoy my vacation and not have to worry about anything. And yet, you still have the option of doing your own thing if you want. I didn't hop off because I was on a schedule, but I can see how appealing that would be if you just want to stay a few extra days someplace and catch the next bus. Stray made my holiday in New Zealand flawless, smooth, organized and a once in a lifetime experience. I didn't have to worry about a thing. I was able to relax, enjoy and see New Zealand in all it's beauty. I'm already planning my next trip with Stray...I just wish they did tours in every country I want to visit! Thank you Stray for being so awesome!Show detailed ratings
- JJoWritten on April 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentI travelled the North Island of Stray and what can I say... it was amazing. Went to numerous places that I would never of heard of prior to travel with Stray, met so many cool people, a couple of whom I will be doing further travels with. Before my trip Hobbiton was the big thing I wanted to do in New Zealand (and they got me there) but by the end I had five or six different experiences which blew this out of the water! Tip... definitely do the horse trek in Blue Duck Station, it was one of the coolest things I have ever done in my life... Thanks Stray!!Show detailed ratings
- KKaylaWritten on November 3, 20155.0 - ExcellentI had the best time travelling New Zealand thanks to Stray! Not only do they take you to the well-known parts of the country, Stray will take you off the beaten track to the most amazing places you would not get to on your own. My driver guide was awesome, informative and entertaining. I travelled and met a lot of fun and interesting people along the way. Lots of activities to choose from and accomm was very good. I loved the group meals we had at some of our destinations too. If you want to experience the real New Zealand, you will definitely get further off the beaten track with Stray :)Show detailed ratings
- HHollyWritten on November 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentI had the best time on Stray. The people I met on the trip were great, keen to do lots and we all got along so well!Show detailed ratings
- NFNotWritten on November 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentBest travel experience ever!!!!!!I had so much fun with my group.Also, I have made tons of friends on the way!! Highly recommend! Great for solo travellers!Show detailed ratings
- AEAntoniaWritten on November 3, 20154.5 - ExcellentI am a seasoned traveller who has spent a lot of time in New Zealand (living and working). I thought I'd already seen all the good stuff in the North Island UNTIL I jumped on Stray. In 5 days I went to three new destinations I had never even heard of that are unique to Stray's network. I learnt to surf in Raglan, got the opportunity to overnight on Marae (on the lakeside of Rotoiti) and learnt traditional Maori songs and dances (like the famous Haka). At Lake Aniwhenua we got involved with the local school, delivering food parcel and learnt about the interesting history of the region. From here we went to Blue Duck Station, a massive working sheep station learning about the conservation work they do eradicating pests and building up the endangered Blue Duck population. The group was young, fun and enthusiastic. The Driver, Leftie (Ian) was a total legend (quite cheeky though). I wouldn't have discovered any of these amazing experiences without Stray. Thanks for an epic trip!Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on May 27, 20155.0 - ExcellentIf you're limited on time and money the Tom + Patch Pass is perfect. You learn about the entire history of the country and a lot about the Moari. Hop off and stay a few days to a week or more in Wellington and stay at Nomads Capital, it's dope!
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Travel Day: Auckland to Hahei
- Non-Travel Day: Hahei
- Travel Day: Hahei to Raglan
- Travel Day: Raglan (via Waitomo) to Rotorua
- Travel Day: Rotorua to Lake Aniwhenua
- Travel Day: Lake Aniwhenua to Whakahoro
- Non-Travel Day: Whakahoro
- Travel Day: Whakahoro to Tongariro National Park
- National Park to Auckland
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- New Zealand Adventure Travel With Stray
- Destination Video: Raglan - A Place to Stray
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Can you tell me the start, the end time and the location of this trip?
This is a 'Tom Pass' and most travellers start this pass in Auckland but you can start anywhere on the route. If you were going to start in Auckland departure time is at 7:30am.
Stray runs a guided "hop-on hop-off" bus network. So you choose a bus pass (such as the Tom Pass), then make your way around it's travel route in the time that suits you. "Hop" off the bus anywhere at anytime, to stay longer, visit friends or even work for a while. Then "hop" back on again. The buses run regularly and all passes are valid for 12 months from your first day of travel.
All passes are guided. Your Stray driver-guide is a valuable source of kiwi knowledge and can book any activities and accommodation for you. You are also welcome to be independent and do your own thing.
- June 1, 2016
Is accommodation and meals included on the tour price?
Accommodation and meals are not included in the price of the Tom Pass.
The cost covers your Bus Travel only.
- June 1, 2016
What does Hop on/Hop off mean?
All Stray passes have the Hop on/hop off feature for those who have the extra time to travel,meaning you have the option of hopping off the bus and spending extra time in places if you wish to. If not, you are welcome to stay on the bus and travel on to the last destination your pass includes.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old2nd May 2017
Stray - Tom Pass (North Island)
- Upcoming departures
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- SundaySep 24, 2017from AucklandMondayOct 2, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3646 spaces left
- TuesdaySep 26, 2017from AucklandWednesdayOct 4, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3646 spaces left
- ThursdaySep 28, 2017from AucklandFridayOct 6, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3646 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 3, 2017from AucklandWednesdayOct 11, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 5, 2017from AucklandFridayOct 13, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- FridayOct 6, 2017from AucklandSaturdayOct 14, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- SundayOct 8, 2017from AucklandMondayOct 16, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 10, 2017from AucklandWednesdayOct 18, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 12, 2017from AucklandFridayOct 20, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
- FridayOct 13, 2017from AucklandSaturdayOct 21, 2017in AucklandPriceUSD $3645 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Auckland.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 35% to confirm this Stray Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2017 the full payment of $364 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $364 for Stray - Tom Pass (North Island), but the deposit of 35% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Stray Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Stray Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 93 km
- Hahei (New Zealand)
- 135 km
- Raglan (New Zealand)
- 126 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 69 km
- Whirinaki Forest Park (New Zealand)
- 54 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 98 km
- Whakahoro (New Zealand)
- 44 km
- Tongariro National Park (New Zealand)
- 270 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $364 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 869 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for Stray - Tom Pass (North Island) via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6,212 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 12 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Stray - Tom Pass (North Island)