ThaIntro + Phi Phi
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 877
- +2 Destinations
- Southern Thailand
- Phi Phi Island
- Age Range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Explore bustling Bangkok
- Learn how to cook Thai specialties
- Overnight in floating bungalows
- Visit 'The Beach' and Koh Phi Phi
- Rather Poor
- LLaurenWritten on June 22, 20172.0 - Rather poorI chose Thaintro because of all the wonderful reviews. I also liked their itinerary/length/price better than some other companies (upon first glance). However, I was pretty disappointed and I am strongly recommending against them. Note before I lay into this company: Please take my review with a grain of salt. This tour company definitely has an audience who enjoy their product/service, I just don’t fit into that audience. At all. First, only take this tour if you’re looking for a “spring break”-type experience. The entire tour revolved around getting drunk (despite the guide saying that wouldn’t be the case), and almost every hostel (not hotels) was pretty terrible. Only one had A/C. In 90+ degree weather. Also, don’t be fooled by the price/list of inclusions and activities. You pay for 90% of your meals, and almost all the activities were hoaky and extremely touristy. Additionally, the itinerary they provide makes it sound like you have full days with lots of things to do. You don’t. You’re busy for maybe 2–4 hours tops, then you’re just sitting around waiting to get hammered. No optional activities are suggested to fill your empty time. And you don’t even know when your free time will be until 8pm the night before. So you don’t even have time to research/book things on your own. Second, your guide is an expat. Not a local. That immediately takes away from your experience especially if you’re looking for culture (and good food). And where other companies pride themselves on responsible tourism, IntroTravel pays it no mind. We didn’t support many local people or companies and a lot of the activities we did were dangerous to the local culture and flora/fauna (I admit I contributed to the latter, though). It's also incredibly irritating that the longest stop we stay at a hostel that is owned by the owner of IntroTravel and still have to pay for all of our underwhelming meals and shitty coffee there. You would think we would at least get free breakfast or a discount on meals. It's just kinda shady that it isn't disclosed. Go with another company. It's worth it. I really like Intrepid.Show detailed ratings
- KatWritten on June 13, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe last week has been jam packed with a massive variety. Bangkok was fast and exciting and then heading down to the beautiful Khao Sok national park, which was the highlight of the tour for me. Jack is always full of energy and knows thailand so well so we've felt in great hands throughout. Recommend the tour to anyone!Show detailed ratings
- ShannonWritten on June 8, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy trip to Thailand has flown by because of all the amazing excursions and great friends I've made along the way. Our group leaders Adam and Jess were really down to earth, made sure we didnt worry about anything, but also knew exactly how to show us a good time and enjoy it with us! Without Thaintro I wouldnt have been able to travel Thailand this extensively in a short amount of time, and I definitely would not have had as much fun without Adam, Jess and my group.Show detailed ratings
- PPaigeWritten on June 4, 20175.0 - ExcellentAmazing amazing!! Life changing experience!!Show detailed ratings
- AdamWritten on May 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was a great tour, had a great time, was absolutely brilliant. There was no worries about getting to and from the airport and accommodation. Intro travel had sorted this and made it very easy. Accommodation was brilliant, clean and tidy. tour guide "Josh" was 10/10. was a great guy, who helped you out when ever you needed it, but also made sure you had good time.Show detailed ratings
- JBJonathanWritten on May 30, 20175.0 - ExcellentFound this website while searching for tours and I feel like there couldn't have been a better tour. This tour had all the perks of a cultural experience but allowed fun and time to relax. Bangkok was more than I could have asked for. Tour was very organised and that very easily could have not been the case especially with a large group. The end of the tour is a perfect last few days allowing the perks of travel but the comfort of a consistent bed. Tour guides hands down make the trip and without them I don't think it would have been nearly as good.Show detailed ratings
- HannahWritten on May 19, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy Thaintro trip has exceed my expectations in so many ways. The accommodation has been a great standard, the transport including the overnight train was very comfortable (we were even able to watch a movie on our way between destinations). My favourite location was Koh soak closely followed by our day out snorkelling/at the beach in Koh Phangan. Our tour guide Dan has been absolutely great - I've done a lot of group tours including multi-day tours and he has been my favourite guide so far. I highly recommend this tour for anyone interested in visiting Thailand.Show detailed ratings
- KBKaleighWritten on May 15, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was unreal! Everything was perfectly planned and allowed us to see and do some amazing things! Jess was the most amazing tour guide and made our experience that much better!! Our group got along so well and I've made some friends of a life time! Would definitely recommend this tour and Jess as a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- CharvinaWritten on May 10, 20174.0 - GoodI booked ThaIntro so I could meet new people and so I didn't have to worry about making lots of travel plans all by myself. I knew I'd love it but it's been so much better than I expected! All the tour leaders were super friendly and made things really easy for us. Andy always made an effort to make sure we were okay and made us laugh even more. Couldn't have asked for better tour guides. I enjoyed all the activities but my favourite part was relaxing by the beach (with an included Thai massage!) and watching the sunset in Koh Phangan. I also loved the floating bungalows in Khao Sok National Park and the view from the sky tower in Bangkok on our very first night was amazing too. I've had the best time out here and can't wait to do more tours like this again!Show detailed ratings
- LucyWritten on May 10, 20174.0 - GoodI booked thaintro because I wanted to experience different cultures and meet new people. Our first few nights were in Bangkok and I enjoyed our night out on khao san road and getting a massage at 3am! We then boarded the sleeper train where it brought us all closer together as we spent the night braiding each others hair. Khao sok national park was peaceful as we lay in the lake getting burnt! Koh phangan has been my favourite place so far as where we are staying has the most beautiful views. Seeing the sunset over the beach and spending time with elephants have been a highlight. Looking forward to ending our last night with the full moon party and then heading to koh phi phi for more beautiful views. All the tour guides have made things so easy for us and helped us settle in.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive and meet the Group in Bangkok
- Day 2: River Cruise & Temples
- Day 3: Thai Cooking Class & Overnight Train
- Day 4: Khao Sok National Park
- Day 5: Arrive in Koh Phangan & Beach Party
- Day 6: Traditional Thai Massage & Beach time
- Day 7: Island Boat trip, Snorkelling & Waterfalls
- Day 8: Elephant Experience & Farewell Dinner
- Day 9: Transport and arrival to Phi Phi Islands
- Day 10: Paradise Islands Boat Trip
- Day 11: Maya Bay sleep-‐aboard Experience
- Day 12: Arrive back to Phi Phi
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- April 1, 2017
If we want to secure a spot on the trip, what is the cancellation policy?
The deposit is non refundable.
- April 1, 2017
I wanted to know a little bit more before I commit to booking this tour.
ThaIntro is an awesome group tour starting in Bangkok and finishing on the island of Koh Phangan that's perfect for solo travellers or anyone going backpacking in Thailand for the first time. Whether you're on a gap year, backpacking adventure or just a short holiday, ThaIntro is the most amazing way to experience this incredible country.
We understand that travelling to a new country with a different language and culture like Thailand can be challenging. But with ThaIntro you’ll have an awesome Group Leader with you from the moment you step off the plane. They’ll not only ensure that you have an amazing trip, but will help you plan and sort all your onward travel after ThaIntro, including any of our awesome Add-on trips. So you don’t need to worry about a thing!
Joining an ThaIntro group is the easiest way to meet people and make friends to go backpacking around Thailand with!
- March 1, 2017
What are the inclusions of the tour price?
The tour includes all of your accommodation, activities, transfers through the tour, an airport pick up, an absolutely fab group leader as well as an amazing bunch of like minded travellers like yourself!
Flights & travel insurance are not included in the cost, but we can certainly help you arrange this.
Guides who have led this tour
- "I am a fun loving, travel hungry, people person and always love to see the brighter side of life. Being..."
- "Hey, I'm Sara. I've been travelling and working in Asia for over 2 years. Working for ThaIntro is the..."
- "Hey guys, I'm Josh! I've been working for the awesome Thaintro since August 2015, I have traveled the..."
- "Hey guys, I'm Dan, I'm 21 years old from Essex. I started as a group leader for intro travel in February..."
- "Hey Guys, I'm Jon! After spending time travelling I decided to return to my favourite place and join..."
- "Hey Guys! My names Jack and I am a group leader working for Intro Travel, running the Thaintro tour in..."
- "Hello! My name is Matt and I am lucky enough to be a tour guide for the WINNER of the best tour in the..."
- "Hello beautiful people! Thanks guys for helping me out in my mission to the top! It's been a pleasure..."
1,326 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Intro Travel ThaIntro + Phi Phi tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 24th June 201744 comments"Hi Guys, Just booked this trip with my Friend Michelle. We will be travelling from Northern Ireland. Would love to hear from anyone else heading on the trip :) Gemma"+5
- Departs 26th June 201739 comments"Hiyaaa! I signed up 2 days ago on this tour, anyone else on it? ☺️"+3
- Departs 28th June 20174 comments"booked to go on 28th June with two friends,exited! "+2
- Departs 1st July 201738 comments"hi guys, just booked onto the 1st july trip. its my first time backpacking, so looking forward to meeting new people and travelling around Thailand! anybody else booked onto the group feel free to inbox me :) Sean :D"+8
- Departs 3rd July 201710 comments"Just looking for others going on this trip!! Danielle and I don't wanna be alone "+3
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Andrew, 27 years old2nd May 2017
ThaIntro + Phi Phi
- Upcoming departures
- June 2017
- July 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- MondayJun 26, 2017from BangkokFridayJul 7, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $877Only 1 seat left
- WednesdayJun 28, 2017from BangkokSundayJul 9, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- SaturdayJul 1, 2017from BangkokWednesdayJul 12, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- MondayJul 3, 2017from BangkokFridayJul 14, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- ThursdayJul 6, 2017from BangkokMondayJul 17, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- SaturdayJul 8, 2017from BangkokWednesdayJul 19, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- MondayJul 10, 2017from BangkokFridayJul 21, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- WednesdayJul 12, 2017from BangkokSundayJul 23, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- SaturdayJul 15, 2017from BangkokWednesdayJul 26, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
- TuesdayJul 18, 2017from BangkokSaturdayJul 29, 2017in Phi Phi IslandOur saving$22PriceUSD $8770 seats left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Thailand. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Thailand. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Bangkok is the starting point and Phi Phi Island is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $150 to confirm this Intro Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 35 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 27 July 2017 the full payment of $877 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $877 for ThaIntro + Phi Phi, but the deposit of $150 is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Intro Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intro Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Bangkok (Thailand)
- 575 km
- Khao Sok National Park (Thailand)
- 162 km
- Koh Phangan (Thailand)
- 258 km
- Phi Phi Island (Thailand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $877 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,506 tours in Asia
- covered by 130 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 35 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for ThaIntro + Phi Phi via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 1,326 travellers have already met
before they left for ThaIntro + Phi Phi tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 158 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on ThaIntro + Phi Phi