- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 1,189
- San Jose
- Panama City
- Age Range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Soak up the sunshine in Bocas del Toro
- See the amazing wildlife in Santa Catalina
- Learn to surf on the Pacific Coast
- Sample Caribbean cuisine in paradise
- Rather Poor
- AlfieWritten on March 22, 20175.0 - ExcellentGreat mix of nature, beaches, surf, and city. Recommend maybe spending an extra day in Panama city at the end to explore solo. The tour guide (Allen) was the best! Only downside, not a good ratio of boys to girls - only 1 other boy :/ And virtually all the group were German.Show detailed ratings
- JDJaclynWritten on April 13, 20163.0 - AverageThis itinerary was amazing. If you like outdoors/ adventure trips, pristine and amazing beaches this tour is great for that! You stay 3 nights at a hotel right on the sand of a secluded beach. Also our guide was so fun, he even made us traditional soup one night for dinner in Boquete! There are multiple activity options every day and most of the tour operators were very knowledgeable.The group was amazing, all were around the same age range and I met so many cool people from all over the world! However the accommodations were terrible. This is a YOLO style trip, so I didn't expect a whole lot. Many of the "hotel" (more like hostels) had dirty sheets, lots of bugs (hello mosquito diseases) and electrical issues. The hostel in Puerto Viejo is outside of town about 10 minutes and it is not safe to walk the road at night (but the food was pretty good at the hostel). The hotel room in Bocas del Toro didn't have curtains and I was staying on the first floor where our window faced directly into the communal patio. Also the "surf camp" hotel in Santa Catalina is located in front of a pretty dangerous break. The waves were big and pretty powerful so surf lessons were pretty sketchy. I am a surfer myself and I didn't even want to paddle out. Also some of the communication from our guide was confusing. He would tell us one thing and then an hour later tell us something different. Overall it was an amazing experience but the gross hotels really made me not want to travel with G again. I could have booked better hostels for way cheaper on my own. Bring your own sheets, towel, and tons of DEET and you should be fine :)Show detailed ratings
- BKBrookeWritten on March 14, 20162.5 - AverageLet me preface this by saying that I did have a good time and I truly did enjoy my tour however, there were 2 factors that definitely put a damper on the experience. First was the weather. Apparently Dec/Jan is not an ideal time to go to the Caribbean so our first two stops were non-stop rain as this year was particularly bad. That said, we managed to find ways to enjoy ourselves (just not with the expected water activities). However, the second was our guide. While normally, I wouldn't expect a guide to have much influence, others on the tour raved about tour guides from previous trips and how much they enhanced those trips. This particular tour guide only planned a day in advance..and when traveling over Christmas, expect popular tours to booked up early. Also, because our tour guide did not like waking up early, our travel days were wasted by 11am departures. While most of the tour would prefer to wake up early and sleep on the bus, and then have time for activity when we arrived, we lost the day. Lastly, our tour guide gave us no input on the restaurants. Personally, when I travel, I like to talk with the locals, use trip advisor and lonely planet to help guide my decisions. However, the tour guides get to eat for free when they bring a large group to a restaurant and therefore he planned those places for meals and the rest of the group was usually disappointed. (I know you're thinking why didn't you just go off on our own, but the whole tour was close so it just became a bigger to do trying to include everyone).Show detailed ratings
- AnitaWritten on April 1, 2015Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 San José
- Day 2 San José/Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Day 3 Puerto Viejo de Talamanca
- Day 4 Puerto Viejo de Talamanca/Bocas del Toro
- Days 5-6 Bocas del Toro
- Day 7 Bocas del Toro/Boquete
- Day 8 Boquete
- Day 9 Boquete/Santa Catalina
- Days 10-11 Santa Catalina
- Day 12 Santa Catalina/Panama City
- Day 13 Panama City
- Day 14 Panama City
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 14, 2016
What is the most appropriate type of luggage to bring?
We strongly recommend bringing a backpack or duffel bag, as suitcases can be cumbersome and difficult to store in buses, under seats, etc.. Keep in mind that you will normally have to carry your own luggage on and off buses and trains and up and down hotel staircases. Suitcases with wheels may not work well on dirt or cobblestone roads.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
- Upcoming departures
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- TuesdayAug 1, 2017from San JoseMondayAug 14, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,4990 seats leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- TuesdaySep 5, 2017from San JoseMondaySep 18, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$48Price-15%USD $1,1897 seats left
- TuesdaySep 19, 2017from San JoseMondayOct 2, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$48Price-15%USD $1,18910+ seats left
- TuesdayOct 17, 2017from San JoseMondayOct 30, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$48Price-15%USD $1,189Only 1 seat leftBook Now Hold my
- TuesdayNov 14, 2017from San JoseMondayNov 27, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$50Price-10%USD $1,2599 seats left
- TuesdayDec 5, 2017from San JoseMondayDec 18, 2017in Panama CityOur saving$52Price-10%USD $1,30410+ seats left
- TuesdayDec 19, 2017from San JoseMondayJan 1, 2018in Panama CityOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,49910+ seats left
- TuesdayJan 2, 2018from San JoseMondayJan 15, 2018in Panama CityOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,49910+ seats left
- TuesdayJan 30, 2018from San JoseMondayFeb 12, 2018in Panama CityOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,44910+ seats left
- TuesdayFeb 13, 2018from San JoseMondayFeb 26, 2018in Panama CityOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,44910+ seats left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- ColonCosta Rica
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Costa Rica and Panama. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Costa Rica. Recommended for Panama. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Recommended for Panama. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- San Jose is the starting point and Panama City is the endpoint.
- Hold my seat
- TourRadar can request G Adventures to hold seats for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $250 to confirm this G Adventures booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 September 2017 the full payment of $1,189 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1189 for Panama Experience, but the deposit of $250 is non-refundable. But, the deposit is fully transferable to future bookings with G Adventures.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for G Adventures tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- San Jose (Costa Rica)
- 149 km
- Puerto Viejo (Costa Rica)
- 65 km
- Bocas Del Toro (Panama)
- 65 km
- Boquete (Panama)
- 162 km
- Isla de Coiba (Panama)
- 320 km
- Panama City (Panama)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,189 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,849 tours in Latin America
- covered by 84 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date. As an added benefit though, you can use the deposit for future bookings with G Adventures.
- 34 travellers have already met
before they left for Panama Experience tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Panama Experience