- Our saving
- US $ 4,075
- +5 Destinations
- Central Japan
- Explore Tokyo's history and culture
- Advance your culinary skills with classes
- Visit the amazing Japanese Alps
- Walk in a preserved ancient town
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Train & Rail, Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- R(RobertWritten on August 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentBest Freaking Tour Guide Ever!!!!! For over a decade I have been using tour companies to travel the world. It was the "Contiki" Japan tour that brought me too Matt. Mathew Cramier... It’s hard to describe a guy like him considering there aren’t that many people in this world that I could give so many good qualities too. He is easily the kindest, funniest, and most patient guide that I have ever had. I could spend the rest of this review describing his professionalism and wealth of knowledge as a Tour Guide should have...But that is not why he stands out to me. It’s because he was able to make each day regardless of the situation feel like a blast. He never seemed tired and was always helpful. I literally have more great memories from that short trip than all the tours combined. If I had to choose one tour guide and one country of choice. Then it would be Matt and any country that he would like to visit. I hope this review is short and sweet enough for you to get the point. As far as I am concerned, he is by far the best and choosing anyone else as a guide is simply a mistake. Robert (Luke) TunstallShow detailed ratings
- SSamWritten on August 13, 20164.5 - ExcellentMatt completely made our tour in Japan. He seemed to have a supernatural knowledge of where the toilets where and where we were going at every point on the trip, and would completely go out of his way to make sure everyone on the tour was happy. His enthusiasm and sense of humour is infectious. He was somehow able to go out with us seemingly every night and we always had a good time.Show detailed ratings
- LLaurenWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentGoing through Japan with Matt was incredible, his knowledge and spirit are completely unmatched. Matt made every effort to bring the group together with extreme success. His personal touches of having night time plans and a theme party at the end of tour were amazing and will not be forgotten! Matt has found the perfect blend of professional and fun for a tour guide!Show detailed ratings
- NNicoleWritten on August 12, 20164.5 - ExcellentMatt was my guide for my Contiki Japan trip. It was my first time travelling alone so I was really nervous about getting lost, making friends etc. Ended up being the most amazing trip and I feel that was mainly due to Matt. Not once did I feel stressed or uncomfortable and I came home with nothing but good memories. Matt was very professional and organised with any queries or requests we made. he was very knowledgable and some of the highlights of the trip were places he'd suggested. Definitely a more confident traveller thanks to Matt!Show detailed ratings
- BBlaineWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentAt the end of contiki I was asked to complete a survey on how well I felt our tour guide had treated us on the tour and I could not find a single complaint with Matt. He was a good friend and extremely fun for the whole two weeks. Could not have asked for a better your guideShow detailed ratings
- IIonaWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentCrazy adventure through Japan, Matt really bought the group together so no one was left out despite the massive variety of characters. We all had maybe too much fun!!!!Show detailed ratings
- JJessWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentMatt is the most incredible tour guide. He is makes his tours so much fun while always being professional. He honestly goes out of his way to make sure you have an amazing and unique experience on his tours.Show detailed ratings
- OEOscarWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentMatt is a great tour guide. He is friendly, outgoing and very professional. He will go out of his way to make sure everybody has an amazing experience. He gives helpful information and relevant cultural tips so everybody can get the maximum cultural awareness and enjoy the country to the fullest.Show detailed ratings
- BBridgetWritten on August 12, 20165.0 - ExcellentMatt showed patience while demonstrating his knowledge at every turn. Absolute legend!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Arrive Tokyo
- Day 2: Tokyo
- Day 3: Tokyo
- Day 4: Tokyo to Hakone
- Day 5: Hakone to Takayama
- Day 6: Takayama
- Day 7: Takayama to Hiroshima
- Day 8: Hiroshima
- Day 9: Hiroshima to Kyoto
- Day 10: Kyoto
- Day 11: Kyoto to Mt Koya
- Day 12: Mt Koya to Osaka
- Day 13: Depart Osaka
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Asia with Contiki
- Japan: The Ultimate Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- June 19, 2016
On average what is the age range on Contiki tours in Japan?
Contiki specializes in trips designed specifically for young travellers - aged 18-35. Most of the travellers fall somewhere in the middle. An amazing opportunity to meet like minded travellers on an adventure of a lifetime!
- June 1, 2016
What is the age range on Japan tours?
Contiki specializes in trips designed specifically for young travellers - aged 18-35.
Most of the travellers we book on fall somewhere in the middle. An amazing opportunity to meet like minded travellers on the adventure of a lifetime!
- February 17, 2015
How many people are normally on this trip?
In general you can expect about 20-30 people depending from the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Born and raised in Melbourne, Australia with a Sri Lankan background, the decision to leave home and..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- March 2018
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- March 2019
- April 2019
- May 2019
- June 2019
- July 2019
- August 2019
- September 2019
- October 2019
- SaturdayOct 7, 2017from TokyoThursdayOct 19, 2017in OsakaOur saving$239PriceUSD $4,541Based on Quad Room0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayOct 21, 2017from TokyoThursdayNov 2, 2017in OsakaOur saving$248PriceUSD $4,702Based on Quad Room0 spaces leftCancelledSee similar tours on this date
- SaturdayMar 24, 2018from TokyoThursdayApr 5, 2018in OsakaOur saving$227PriceUSD $4,303Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMar 31, 2018from TokyoThursdayApr 12, 2018in OsakaOur saving$227PriceUSD $4,303Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 7, 2018from TokyoThursdayApr 19, 2018in OsakaOur saving$221PriceUSD $4,203Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 14, 2018from TokyoThursdayApr 26, 2018in OsakaOur saving$218PriceUSD $4,146Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayApr 21, 2018from TokyoThursdayMay 3, 2018in OsakaOur saving$221PriceUSD $4,203Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from TokyoThursdayMay 17, 2018in OsakaOur saving$221PriceUSD $4,203Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayMay 19, 2018from TokyoThursdayMay 31, 2018in OsakaOur saving$215PriceUSD $4,075Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdayJun 2, 2018from TokyoThursdayJun 14, 2018in OsakaOur saving$215PriceUSD $4,075Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Japanese B encephalitis
- Recommended for Japan. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Tokyo is the starting point and Osaka is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 November 2017 the full payment of $4,075 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $4075 for Japan Unrivalled, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Tokyo (Japan)
- 84 km
- Hakone (Japan)
- 190 km
- Takayama (Japan)
- 478 km
- Hiroshima (Japan)
- 311 km
- Kyoto (Japan)
- 103 km
- Wakayama (Japan)
- 60 km
- Osaka (Japan)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $4,075 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 3,853 tours in Asia
- covered by 139 different operators in Asia
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6 travellers have already met
before they left for Japan Unrivalled tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Japan Unrivalled