Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Our saving
- US $ 1,135
- +9 Destinations
- Iceland South Coast
- Relax in the Blue Lagoon geothermal spa
- Trek to Skogafoss’ giant waterfall
- Learn about indigenous Icelandic horses
- Explore eclectic and charming Reykjavik
- Visit the active volcano beneath the Eyjafjallajökull glacier
- Age range
- 28 to 70 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- Rather Poor
- VFVickyWritten on April 20, 20174.0 - GoodThe tour was very enjoyable, mainly due to the guide, Antoine. He was extremely knowledgable, personable and made every effort to ensure that we were able to have a good experience. He took the weather into account and would change the schedule around for the day to accomodate the best weather for the activity. I felt the tour was comprehensive and in 3 days we were able to appreciate the splendor of Iceland. I did feel that the first accomodation, the Hotel Cabin, standard room had inadequate space for two people. There was no hair dryer in the room, towels were too small for the bath, there were no amenities like shampoo, soap,etc. The window shade was broken and did not get fixed after I complained. The second night we were there we were upgraded due to the hotel being crowed and the room was bigger and had better amenities. For a 20 dollar deposit you can get a hair dryer. Also, it appears that many school groups stay there and the place was overrun with teenagers who were noisy in the halls. The Arthus cottages were very nice. The food in the hotels was expensive and not worth the cost. In general, food and goods are very expensive in Iceland. I would suggest for people arriving early to Iceland as we did, to book the hotel 1 day in advance because you cannot check in until 2 pm and we arrived 6am from the US, were tired and had no place to go.Show detailed ratings
- SSSofyaWritten on March 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentWonderful tour!Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewThanks Sofya! We are glad to hear you enjoyed it. Regards, On The Go Tours
- CCarmenWritten on March 6, 20174.0 - GoodWe had a spectacular night of Northern lights. My favourite sites were the black sand beach and where the tectonic plates meet.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewHi Carmen, Thank you for your feedback on your recent tour to Iceland. We are glad you enjoyed the black sand beach, a number of our clients comment how that is a highlight. We are very pleased to hear you had a spectacular night of Northern Lights. I hope you managed to take some photos of them to share with everyone back home. We look forward to welcoming you on another tour with On The Go in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- SSStephanieWritten on February 6, 20174.5 - ExcellentAmazing tour - hit all the most beautiful places to see! It was well organised and a lot of fun. The accomodation was basic, but absolutely superb. I would recommend this tour to anyone. The only negative I have was from tourradar whom I booked the tour through. They did not send me my vouchers so I was left without any information about how to get to the hotel from the airport, how to check in, and what time to meet the tour group. Luckily I was able to sweet talk the transfer bus to let me on for free, and check in without my voucher. Not a pleasant first impression of Iceland and for tourradar. If you do book this tour (which I definitely recommend), make sure you have EVERYTHING at least a week before you fly, because the company will somehow manage to make you feel responsible for any mistakes and organisation, rather than looking after you.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Stephanie, Thank you for taking the time to write and share your thoughts on your time in Iceland. We are glad to hear that despite the bumpy start, all documentation was received in due course and you were able to experience the remainder of the holiday without a glitch. Thank you again for travelling with On The Go Tours and we hope to hear of you travelling with us in the future. Best regards, On The Go Tours
- MJMonicaWritten on December 7, 20163.5 - GoodThis tour was okay, but time was not properly allocated, and we felt rushed at a lot of the stops, while wasting time at bathroom/eating stops. Also we paid for an upgrade, which I did not think was worth it because they make you walk in the rain to other non upgraded hotel to meet for dinner and to view the northern lights, instead of having the bus come to get you.Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Ms Jain Thank you for your feedback. Your comments are important to us and for that reason they have been passed on to our Iceland Product Team for consideration. Should you wish to add more detail we invite you to head online and fill out our online feedback form – which will also be read by our product team. It is available for you here - https://www.onthegotours.com/tour-feedback . Regards, On the Go Tours.
- AFAshleyWritten on October 31, 20164.0 - GoodI just returned back from the Northern Lights 5 day tour, it was fantastic! I did the tour by myself and I would highly recommend it. The accommodations weren't 3 or 4 stars but none the less they were clean and served the purpose. You were in the rooms to sleep and shower, your entire day is consumed with the tour. The second and third night of the tour you are in a cabin in the country and I thought it was absolutely beautiful, there are no TVs but you are so tired after the long days and staying up late to catch the northern lights. There is a restaurant and super market walking distance so you can get meals and snacks. One thing I highly highly recommend is bringing along snacks and some water, the tours are long and they only stop for lunch, I was starving by the time we got back for dinner. The bus was awesome and it comes equipped with Wifi and charging ports for your phones or cameras there are no restrooms but all of the stops pretty much have an area to use the restroom. The guide was good, he talked ALOT, had a lot of insight and information. All around it was a great time!Show detailed ratingsOn The Go Tours commented on this reviewDear Ashley, Thank you for your feedback and we are glad to hear that you enjoyed your time in Iceland. We are glad you enjoyed the cabins and the insight into Iceland that the guide provided. It's great to hear that the WIFI and charging points provided on the coach proved to be particularly useful. Thank you again for taking the time to write. Regards, On The Go Tours Best regards, On The Go Tours
- CharleneWritten on April 17, 20164.5 - ExcellentThis tour was even better than I expected. Our guide "Chris" was hilarious in true Icelandic fashion, our tour bus was comfortably spacious/not overly crowded, and the accommodations were decent for the price (Guesthouse Borgartun in Reykjavik was clean and comfortable, and the Arhus cabins in Hella were fantastically cozy albeit lacking in things like a hair dryer and waterproof shower curtains). Although we felt rushed at times because of the strict itinerary we were keeping, we did get to see everything we anticipated on this tour, including some northern lights! Well worth the price, especially as an introductory tour to Iceland. Would highly recommend this for first-time visitors to the country who may be interested in seeing a variety of the usual tourist sights and getting an entertaining and educational history in the process!Show detailed ratings
- BBrittanyWritten on December 31, 20154.5 - ExcellentOn The Go partnered with GJ Travel in Iceland to provide and all-around AMAZING experience. GJ Travel is the oldest operating tour company in Iceland and for good reason. I mean, they helped train Neil Armstrong for the moon landing, these people know their stuff! You will not only get the best dollar for value in what can be a very pricey country, you'll walk away feeling like you've been given the experience of a lifetime.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Blue Lagoon
- Day 3: Glaciers & Waterfalls
- Day 4: Golden Circle
- Day 5: Reykjavik
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Main Page Video
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 18, 2017
What hotels do you use for the "Land of the Northern Lights" Tour?
The hotels listed below are ones which On The Go frequently use on this tour. Please note that On The Go reserve the right to substitute these hotels to ones of a similar standard when necessary.
- Hotel Cabin, Reykjavik
- Arhus Cottages, Hella
- February 1, 2017
Where and when would we meet our tour guide on the first day?
Day 1 is essentially an arrival day, where you can arrive in at any time. There is a free shuttle bus from the guesthouse to downtown Reykjavik at 19:00 which returns at 22:00. Perhaps you would want to take advantage of this and make sure that you were checked in by 7:00pm (19:00). This evening there is also an optional northern lights evening tour from Reykjavik. These tours can be booked on the same day and they start at 21:00 or 22:00, depending on season. Pick up from the accommodation starts 30 minutes prior.
- February 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
10 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their On The Go Tours Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 31st October 20173 comments"Hello "
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- TuesdayOct 3, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayOct 7, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room0 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 5, 2017from ReykjavikMondayOct 9, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room0 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 10, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayOct 14, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room7 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 12, 2017from ReykjavikMondayOct 16, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room0 spaces left
- TuesdayOct 17, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayOct 21, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayOct 19, 2017from ReykjavikMondayOct 23, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayOct 24, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayOct 28, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room0 spaces left
- ThursdayOct 26, 2017from ReykjavikMondayOct 30, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayOct 31, 2017from ReykjavikSaturdayNov 4, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room10+ spaces left
- ThursdayNov 2, 2017from ReykjavikMondayNov 6, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$60PriceUSD $1,135Based on Double Room0 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request On The Go Tours to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this On The Go Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 65 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 29 November 2017 the full payment of $1,135 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1135 for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for On The Go Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 39 km
- Blue Lagoon (Iceland)
- 100 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 45 km
- Eyjafjallajokull (Iceland)
- 19 km
- Seljalandsfoss (Iceland)
- 51 km
- Reynisfjara (Iceland)
- 26 km
- Skogafoss (Iceland)
- 55 km
- Hella (Iceland)
- 57 km
- Gullfoss Waterfall (Iceland)
- 49 km
- Thingvellir (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,135 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,223 tours in Europe
- covered by 162 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 65 days prior to the departure date.
- 10 travellers have already met
before they left for Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Land of the Northern Lights - 5 days