GIVE - Tanzania
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 2,140
- Dar es Salaam
- Explore amazing beaches, cultures and wildlife
- Visit Junzani Monkey Forest
- Get a chance to see the BIG 5
- Implement and organize school projects
- Rather Poor
- KEKyraWritten on July 21, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis was the experience of a lifetime! I highly recommend to anyone even considering going abroad and volunteering to do this! I had never been out of the country before and I decided to go all by myself to Tanzania. I am so happy I did this and I can't wait until my next trip! The relationship with the community is unlike anything you would think and the projects we work on are important and necessary. GIVE is amazing and the whole experience was incredible.Show detailed ratings
- RRachelWritten on July 20, 20175.0 - ExcellentWhere do I even start? Two things I've wanted to do with my life are see the world and help people in it; I can't imagine that there's a better organization than GIVE to help someone do those things. To start, the employees at GIVE are some of the most passionate and kind people I've ever met. They are also organized and driven, and that made my trip a million times better than I expected. GIVE also taught me countless lessons. We learned through teaching English and working on the GIVE school about how to help people without handing them things; this way we can empower those who stand beside us rather than thinking those who might need help are below us. Seeing the village of Kairo and the city of Arusha taught me that the people of Africa are hardly below those in the US. They are smart and resourceful with what they have, even though what they have might not be a lot, while many in America have more than enough and use it in the wrong ways. I'm humbled by what I've experienced with GIVE and honored to have been able to work alongside them to make handprints not footprints, and to plant the roots of change in this world. I HIGHLY recommend joining GIVE on an excursion if your looking to see and make a difference in the world. I'm already looking forward to the next trip I'm able to go on. Asante sana, GIVE!Show detailed ratings
- GHGraysonWritten on July 14, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy experience with GIVE was beyond anything I could have imagined it to be. Your fellow volunteers are all amazing, it takes a certain kind of person to drop everything for three weeks to help others, so know that everyone around you is just as excited and passionate as you will be. The same thing can be said about the guides, they serve as friends who share the stoke of the trip while also providing guidance along the way. Being surrounded by your fellow volunteers is awesome and all, but it's the locals that you meet everywhere you go that truly make the trip special. This is a volunteer excursion as the name of the organization entails, but the person who comes out the most impacted is the volunteer. The locals bring you in, make you smile, laugh, and just feel a sense of belonging in the short time that you're there. From the people you meet in the village you stay in, to the people you meet on the epic adventure days, the common thing you will experience with these people is an appreciation for life that is unlike anything else. I have never been to a place where the people were as happy as they were all the time, and it really makes you reflect changes your outlook on your life back home in the most positive of ways. My experience with GIVE has honestly been the most amazing time of my life, and I look forward to volunteering with them again in the near future.Show detailed ratings
- OOliviaWritten on July 12, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have been to Tanzania twice now with GIVE, the most recent being a double trip. Making the decision over a year ago to join the GIVE family was absolutely the best decision I have ever made. The community of Kairo is unlike any I have experienced before. It has kept me coming back and will continue to for years to come. The locals are the most wonderful people with beautiful souls and I feel so lucky to have gotten the chance to form relationships with them. This makes the work we do in Kairo even more rewarding. Education is the most important and sustainable gift you can give to a community and being a part of those projects is an indescribable feeling. No matter what your age, career path or stage in life, I strongly encourage anyone and everyone to take this adventure of a lifetime. You will not regret it.Show detailed ratings
- RPRebeccaWritten on July 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentAbsolutely amazing trip! I was a bit nervous going to a new continent with a whole group of people I'd never met before but it turned out to be the best thing I've ever done. GIVE is an amazing program that makes everything go so smoothly. From signing up until the plane ride back home, the guides and GIVE team are always there to ensure that you are well taken care of. The guides are so knowledgable about the people and the culture and they were such a great help with transitioning into the community. This trip was life changing and I recommend it to anyone who is open to changing themselves in a big way, as well as changing their world.Show detailed ratings
- EGEvieWritten on July 11, 20175.0 - ExcellentI signed up for a double trip in Tanzania this summer and it was the most incredible experience. I had both Domenica Blasucci and John Miller as my guides and they both made my trip so amazing. From the moment we arrived I felt part of the community and our guides always encouraged us to stop and talk to people in the village which made our time in Kairo all the more rewarding. Being able to be part of both the teaching and construction projects means that GIVE provides you with the opportunity to be a part of every impact made in Kairo. I had the once in a lifetime opportunity to teach the Masai and I will never forget the students that I was able to become so close to. GIVE is such an incredible organisation that gives you the chance to build strong relationships with people in a community you would otherwise never have heard of. I have learnt so much more than I could have imagined from my guides, the women and men in the community and the students I was teaching. Could not recommend GIVE more...GO TEAM HUMAN!!Show detailed ratings
- AWAllyWritten on July 2, 20175.0 - ExcellentMy GIVE trip to Tanzania was absolutely amazing and beyond life changing! Our guides were so funloving, adventurous and organized. They always made me feel 100% safe during our travel sand during our stays on Zanzibar, in Dar Es Salaam, Arusha and Lake Manayara/Tarengire National Parks. I always felt so important and loved by the guides. The volunteer work we did was so fun and so rewarding. Teaching english to people of all ages was so amazing because they all truly wanted to learn. And I've never had so much fun doing construction work! I would recommend this trip to anyone and everyone!!Show detailed ratings
- GSGwenWritten on July 2, 20174.0 - GoodI wish I could go back! The leaders were incredible and sweet, and you felt like a family with the rest of the group, making good-byes hard at the end. The experiences you will take with you for the rest of your life and make you take a second look at where you are in life right now and re-evaluate your priorities and needs.Show detailed ratings
- BNBrittanyWritten on June 27, 20175.0 - ExcellentGoing on the Tanzania trip was by far the best decision of my life! Traveling to Zanzibar, specifically Kairo, was such an eye opening experience. Their way of life is so different, but everyone is always so happy. They are such a welcoming, hard working community and I am forever grateful for the time I got to spend exploring the village and interacting with the locals. We also went over to Arusha which was also an awesome experience because we were able to spend time with some of the women nearby and we had some awesome views too. GIVE is THE group to go through if you are interested in traveling abroad! The guides and staff are amazing people, and they only add to this unforgettable experience! I'm looking forward to the next trip I go on with GIVE!Show detailed ratings
- CNChristianWritten on June 26, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe 3 weeks I spent in Tanzania were amazing. I was blown away by the beauty of Zanzibar and the village of Kairo, and was even more taken aback by the locals. They were some of the most incredible people I have ever met, and working with them was an extremely rewarding experience. My time spent in Arusha was equally amazing, and thanks to GIVE, I can now officially cross African safari off of my bucket list. GIVE also gave me the once in a life-time opportunity to climb Mt. Kilimanjaro, which was one of the most challenging things I have ever done, but more than worth it. I had the time of my life, and I can whole-heartedly recommend this excursion to anyone looking for a truly life-changing experience.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 - Arrive in Tanzania:
- Day 2 - Travel to Zanzibar:
- Day 3-10 - Typical Day of Volunteering on Zanzibar:
- Adventure Activities!
- Day 11 - Depart Zanzibar Island for Mainland Tanzania:
- Day 12 - Culture Day:
- Day 13 - Safari Day:
- Day 14 - Safari Day 2:
- Day 15 - Say Your Goodbyes:
- GIVE -Tanzania
- GIVE - Kilimanjaro
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
What are the inclusions for the tour package?
Included in the tour:
1. All accommodations within Tanzania, which have basic amenities and security
2. All group transportation within Tanzania
3. All meals throughout your stay (note country specific exceptions)
4. Drinking water 24/7
Not included in the tour:
1. Flights to and from Tanzania along with all other associated air taxes, ticket fees, and any country entry and departure taxes
2. Medical and Travel Insurance
3. Passport and Visa (specific to your host country)
- June 17, 2016
Does this tour include a visit to the Seregeti?
We currently do not offer tours in the Serengeti, however we do have an overnight Safari in Tarangire National Park.
- June 1, 2016
Just wondering if these tours include a visit to Seregeti?
We currently do not offer tours in the Serengeti, however we do have an overnight Safari in Tarangire National Park! Feel free to learn more about our Tanzania excursion on our website!
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
GIVE - Tanzania
- Upcoming departures
- December 2017
- January 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- WednesdayDec 27, 2017from Dar es SalaamTuesdayJan 9, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- FridayJan 5, 2018from Dar es SalaamThursdayJan 18, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- SaturdayMay 5, 2018from Dar es SalaamFridayMay 18, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from Dar es SalaamMondayMay 28, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- FridayMay 25, 2018from Dar es SalaamThursdayJun 7, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- MondayJun 4, 2018from Dar es SalaamSundayJun 17, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- ThursdayJun 14, 2018from Dar es SalaamWednesdayJun 27, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- SundayJun 24, 2018from Dar es SalaamSaturdayJul 7, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- WednesdayJul 4, 2018from Dar es SalaamTuesdayJul 17, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
- SaturdayJul 14, 2018from Dar es SalaamFridayJul 27, 2018in ArushaOur savingPriceUSD $00 seats left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 1 month before travel.
- Meningococcal meningitis
- Recommended for Tanzania. Ideally 3 weeks before travel.
- Dar es Salaam is the starting point and Arusha is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 September 2017 the full payment of $2,140 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2140 for GIVE - Tanzania , but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dar es Salaam (Tanzania)
- 75 km
- Zanzibar (Tanzania)
- 403 km
- Tarangire National Park (Tanzania)
- 76 km
- Lake Manyara (Tanzania)
- 103 km
- Arusha (Tanzania)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,140 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 1,918 tours in Africa
- covered by 84 different operators in Africa
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Tanzania via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 35 travellers have already met
before they left for GIVE - Tanzania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 156 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Tanzania