GIVE - Nicaragua
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 1,945
- Little Corn Island
- Volunteer in Nicaragua
- Give surfing a try
- Climb Cerro Negro
- Discover secluded islands
- Rather Poor
- AHArlynWritten on June 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was so much more than I expected. My guides were nothing but excellent, I loved every moment that I was there.Show detailed ratings
- EUEmilyWritten on June 14, 20174.5 - ExcellentThe trip was fantastic! GIVE is well integrated into the community, and very knowledgeable about how sustainable development should work. I was able to have experiences with the local community that would be extremely hard to come by if I had been vacationing or possibly even traveling with another service group. On top of that, we got to do some awesome adventure activities like volcano boarding, learning how to surf, scuba diving with sharks, and more! This was my second trip with GIVE. I attended their trip to Tanzania in 2014 and I was so excited to attend their trip to Nicaragua this time around. I would HIGHLY recommend attending one of these trips!Show detailed ratings
- VWVictorWritten on June 5, 20174.5 - ExcellentThis was my second trip with GIVE. My first one in Thailand was amazing and life changing, and I came into this trip hoping for an equally extraordinary experience. The guides that I had (Tony Camme, Teresa Craig, Mike Cesario, Carmen Espinal, Joel Huckeba, Jennifer Lucas, and Daniela Martinez) made it their mission to provide the most authentic, inspiring, and unforgettable trip for me. I feel like what makes GIVE Nicaragua (and GIVE trips in general) superior to other organizations is their execution. They managed not to compromise their mission of providing a sustainable and healthy impact on their local communities while still engaging their volunteers in the most positive way. I came out of this trip knowing that the good I did will hold a lasting positive impact on those communities. You also can’t beat the stories and friendships you will make in these short two weeks. By the end of this trip, I gained 37 best friends and adopted 7 of them (inside joke). If I had the opportunity to go back again, I would do so in a heartbeat. If you are thinking about embarking on this journey, I encourage you to sign up and go for it!Show detailed ratings
- JJacquieWritten on June 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentWow, I don't even know where to begin. This trip blew every expectation I had out of the park. It truly is an experience you have to try yourself to understand the hype. This program is eye opening and inspiring; it will challenge you both mentally and physically. You have an opportunity to immerse yourself in another culture in the most authentic way. Nothing about the trip felt superficial. The way the locals interact with us and the guides, you feel a sense of home and very welcome. I got to spend as much time with the locals as I did my fellow volunteers, who are now ALL my family. It is amazing how closely you are able to connect with each other on this trip in only two short weeks. The work felt meaningful, and I never felt like a number. Tony Camme, Teresa Craig, Mike Cesario, Carmen Espinal, Joel Huckeba, Jennifer Lucas, and Daniela Martinez were my guides on this trip, and they always made me feel safe, included, and eager. If you are a parent reading this review, rest assured your son or daughter is in good hands. I never felt unsafe even once during this trip. We are always together in a group and always with at least two guides. I was never alone or scared! Each and every guide is very visibly passionate about what they do, I encourage you to talk to one if you are on the fence. I was able to push myself out of my comfort zone in a way where I felt safe to do so, and that was thanks to the competent and compassionate guides on this trip. For example, at one point, you get to climb Cerro Negro, which is a volcano with quite a hike. I was the last one up, and at so many points I didn't think I could make it, but Teresa stayed back with me and not only provided me with motivation and courage, but even helped carry my stuff and offered her own water to make my climb easier. That is above and beyond the call of duty. These guides will do whatever they need to make you feel comfortable. Very kind and special people! I am forever grateful for this trip. I learned so much from all of the guides and the locals as well. You will not regret this trip! If you're thinking about going on this trip, please do it! You will thank yourself later.Show detailed ratings
- JJoannaWritten on May 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis experience has completely changed my life. It taught me more about myself, what I value, and the world outside my comfort zone. My Nicaragua trip was more than just an adventure to a different country, but rather a trip that allowed me to fully immerse into the culture of the Nica people. My guides Tony, Theresa, Mike, Carmen, Joel, Jennifer, and Daniella were some of the most caring and kindest individuals that I have met quickly becoming the people that I most looked up to. It was easy to feel like you belonged on this trip. There are not enough words to describe this experience because only living it will change your life. Try something new, something outside your comfort zone, but try it with GIVE. You will come out of feeling empowered, motivated, and strengthened to change the world.Show detailed ratings
- SMSamanthaWritten on May 31, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. I was nervous that with a big group we wouldn't become close or be accepted into the community... that was not the case. The community welcomed us in with full arms and I made such lasting friendships. We had great guides in Juquillio named Tony, Carmen, Mike, and Teresa. They were sweet, caring, and funny as ever! We had great conversations and they were extremely loved like family by the community members! When I got hurt pretty bad on my tailbone, they really took me under their wing and helped me as much as they could. All around amazing people. On Little Corn, Tony introduced us to Joel and Jennifer, who were also just as amazing as the last. The guides were all so passionate, the locals were welcoming, and my fellow travelers were kind. Was an amazing trip. Couldn't have asked for a better experience to help amazing communities and have a fun time.Show detailed ratings
- AIAlexandraWritten on January 28, 20175.0 - ExcellentI have never been so affected by a trip or a group of people in my life. Give has offered me the chance to grow as a person and help others who I believe are deserving of every possible opportunity I have, and they have given me more than I thought I would receive. They have given me a new family, a new home, and a new mission and passion in life. GIVE motivated me to change my major to sustainability, to educate all those in my life on ways in which we can be less harmful to our environment and to educate them on different cultures. I have learned more about myself and who I am. I now am part of a community that will forever be connected worldwide. The work itself was rewarding in various ways and that combined with really immersing ourselves in their culture multiplied that reward by thousands. I have been abroad before and have one volunteer work in the past but nothing compares to this trip and these people.Show detailed ratings
- KMKarleyWritten on January 26, 20174.0 - GoodGive Nicaragua changed my life, my perspective, how I view the world and how I view other people. It was a breathtaking experience that I wish everyone was able to do at least once, (even though once is not enough). The guides were incredible and I miss them so much it's not even funny. Go by yourself, meet new AMAZING friends for life. Like going on this trip is so eye opening, it'll make you realize that what you're doing back at home isn't what you want to do. Follow your dreams, give back, go on a give trip.Show detailed ratings
- KKateWritten on January 25, 20174.0 - GoodGoing to Nicaragua with GIVE has been the best experience of my life. I would recommend this trip to literally anyone from any background. I learned so much myself and this beautiful world we live in. I can't wait to go back to Nicaragua. If you are even slightly interested in going on this trip, DO IT!Show detailed ratings
- JJamieWritten on January 25, 20174.0 - GoodMy trip to Nicaragua was the best two weeks of my life! Such an eye opening and rewarding experience to be immersed in the the communities of Jiquilillo and Little Corn Island. My guides Teresa and Daniela were so helpful and wonderful. Monty's surf lodge is an amazing place to stay and exceeded my expectations. Cool spot in Little Corn was amazing as well. Both places are similar in that you stay in a bunk about the size of a dorm room with 2 or 3 beds, a fan, and bed nets. I never once felt unsafe on this trip, our guides would never put us in an unsafe situation. Sand boarding down Cerro Negro volcano was absolutely amazing!!! Since I went over December-January we also got to release about 100 newborn sea turtles which was a really cool experience as well. I would 100% recommend this trip! If you have any questions the GIVE organization is very helpful over the phone.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1
- Day 2
- Days 3-4 (Typical day of volunteering)
- Day 5
- Days 6-8
- Day 9
- Day 10
- Day 11-13
- Day 14
- Day 15
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- GIVE - Nicaragua
- GIVE - Scuba Reef Conservation
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this tour, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!Ask a question
28 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Growth International Volunteer Excursions GIVE - Nicaragua tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 8th July 20173 comments"Hello Everyone! My name is Mary Aylesworth, and I am super exicited to meet everyone! I am departing from Dulles in Washington, D.C to Miami. If anyone is also arriving in Miami to fly out to Nicaragua I would love to meet you at the airport ahead of time! Can't wait to meet my GIVE family!"+1
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
GIVE - Nicaragua
- ThursdayJun 29, 2017from JiquililloThursdayJul 13, 2017in Little Corn IslandOur saving$50PriceUSD $1,94510+ seats left
- SaturdayJul 8, 2017from JiquililloSaturdayJul 22, 2017in Little Corn IslandOur saving$50PriceUSD $1,94510+ seats left
- MondayJul 17, 2017from JiquililloMondayJul 31, 2017in Little Corn IslandOur saving$50PriceUSD $1,94510+ seats left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 3 months before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Nicaragua. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Yellow fever
- Certificate of vaccination required if arriving from an area with a risk of yellow fever transmission for Nicaragua. Ideally 10 days before travel.
- Jiquilillo is the starting point and Little Corn Island is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Growth International Volunteer Excursions booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 August 2017 the full payment of $1,945 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1945 for GIVE - Nicaragua, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Growth International Volunteer Excursions will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Growth International Volunteer Excursions tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Jiquilillo (Nicaragua)
- 147 km
- Managua (Nicaragua)
- 356 km
- Little Corn Island (Nicaragua)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,945 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 2,740 tours in Latin America
- covered by 77 different operators in Latin America
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for GIVE - Nicaragua via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 28 travellers have already met
before they left for GIVE - Nicaragua tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 155 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on GIVE - Nicaragua