12 Days in Greece
- Save now
- Price from
Need a flight to Athens?
Check your flights.
- +3 Destinations
- Cyclades Greece
- 25 reviews
- Rather Poor
- PieterWritten on September 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur tour to Greece was magnificent! In addition to spending time in Athens, we also visited the islands of Milos, Santorini and Mykonos. So all in all one gets a good feel for mainland and island life (the three islands all offering different charm). A Detours holiday offers a very flexible approach and you can do as much as you desire, from taking guided tours with local experts to simply just lying on the beach. Eating fantastic food (lots of it...) is balanced with several options for physical activity. We visited many restaurants to give you the Greek gastronomy experience. Physical activity involved lots of walking and swimming and kayaking. So, don’t worry about the calories... We were taken to the nightlife options in Athens and on Santorini and Mykonos - great fun! Our tour guide Dan was very efficient and most helpful in taking us through Greece – and clearly had already teased out to good from the bad. Thank you so much! Continue your excellent work!!! We will be back for another Detours experience!Show detailed ratings
- CheongWritten on July 13, 20164.5 - ExcellentExcellent group with everything executed smoothly. Amazing food, jaw dropping scenery, and first class hospitality from the Greeks. This is more than a tour group. I've met 11 new friends across the globe and I'm glad I did it. Kudos to Dan for keeping his cool and being professional, yet amiable.Show detailed ratings
- MarceloWritten on July 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentTravelled to Greece during June 2016. It was a phenomenal experience and I couldn't recommend it highly enough. Detours does a wonderful job and you do meet wonderful people. Can't wait to do it again.Show detailed ratings
- ToddWritten on July 13, 20165.0 - ExcellentI made a last minute decision to join their tour to Greece. I booked it Monday and left on Thursday...yes really. I had no idea what to expect beyond some of the things I read in reviews and their social media accounts...but I went for it. It was exactly what I needed. I got a vacation that was fully planned, but not fully scripted. We had the ability to dictate what we did on a daily basis, but our guide had plenty of options for us to pick from. The group was fantastic. A really fun group of guys. Our trip guide, Dan, was outstanding. He knows what he's doing. He's loved by every vendor in every city and town we went to. Dan clearly had a LOT to do with ensuring we had an incredible experience - not just a good time - but a once-in-a-lifetime experience. I never felt like I missed out something I could found better on my own. I know our group was able to do things that the average tourist would not simply because the guys at Detours did their legwork. Again, I booked this trip after two days of research and left within four days of booking. I didn't have to think - at all. I booked my flights, paid Detours a fee, and away I went! Once I got to the hotel in Athens and our group met...Dan took care of absolutely everything - food, transportation, activities, down time, night life, you-name-it. Highly recommend these guys. I would book through them again without hesitation.Show detailed ratings
- GaryWritten on July 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentPut your fears to rest. This group can do no wrong! I was a little hesitant signing up my husband and I on a trip to Greece for our 23rd anniversary. The reviews (all of them) seemed too good to be true. Now that the trip is complete, I can safely say that they are absolutely 100% correct. I loved our tour, our tour guide, and every single one of the brand new friends I met on this trip. It was incredible. I travel quite a bit and have been on organized tours before. This one surpasses them all and just leaves you wanting more. Dan was the perfect host as he was friendly, attentive, and considerate of all the different personalities in the group. When my husband got heat stroke he immediately offered to go into town and pick up some PowerAde so he wouldn't become dehydrated. Also as we ate dinner one night down by the water it got a little chilly. Dan walked back to the hotel and grabbed his entire wardrobe to share with us. Is this guy for real? He was just that wonderful. When I travel to new locations I have to do tons of research, plan out all the details, and get everything in order weeks before I go. I was a wee bit stressed when Miles suggested I let all that go and allow his company to take care of those details. After 63 frantic emails, I decided to relax and go with the flow. So glad I did. Dan provided suggestions for activities the night before to the entire group and allowed us to pick. Most of the time we were all excited to hang out with each other and opted for group activities, but it was nice to know there were other ideas available if we wanted something more specific. We were the only couple out of the group of 11 guys from all over the world. Thankfully the personalities clicked right away and there was never any animosities or trouble for the entire trip. I think Dan had a lot to do with keeping our little group running. He was constantly leading conversations, asking questions, and making sure all of us were interacting. I was surprised with how quickly we passed from awkward strangers to comfortable friends. If I had to say an exact moment it was by the time we walked from our meeting at the hotel to the Rooster bar on our first night. By then we were already joking and laughing and picking out nicknames for each other. Detours has done a excellent job creating this tour company. How soon can I go on another one?Show detailed ratings
- PeterWritten on June 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentWhat a great tour with a fantastic tour leaderShow detailed ratings
- ZacharyWritten on June 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentJust returned from the 12 day trip to Greece and it surpassed every one of my expectations. In the planning phase of the trip, Miles from Detours was so accessible and helpful. He quickly and efficiently answered all my questions or concerns. Once arrived, I was greeted by our amazing tour leader Dan Clarke. From the first minutes at the hotel, Dan's positive energy and helpful nature reassured any hesitations I had. From there, I met the rest of our great group and we started our adventure. Dan organized EVERYTHING and ensured incredibly smooth transitions throughout our itinerary. He always presented options to the group which meant that all needs and preferences were considered. He brought us to secret hidden places and organized private tours and activities that allowed us to experience a side of Greece that most never will. From the kayaking and cliff jumping in Milos, to the breathtaking hikes and private pirate ship in Santorini, and the special sunsets in Mykonos...the list could go on and on. This was a trip of a life time and I can't wait for my next Detours adventure!!Show detailed ratings
- DalonWritten on October 19, 20154.5 - ExcellentAMAZING! PHENOMENAL! STUNNING! AWE-INSPIRING! BEAUTIFUL! These are just a few of the words I'll use to describe my dream vacation to Greece. It was everything I hoped it to be and more. Detours Travel and Miles Mitchinson (as well as Dan Clarke when our tours overlapped) did everything possible to help make that dream a reality. What they brought to the table were many important traits that included being professional, knowledgable, friendly, personable and much more. There wasn't a single question I was able to pose during the entire trip that Miles didn't know, or wasn't able to quickly find, the answer to. Miles has founded a fantastic gay travel company that was truly a pleasure to be part of during my tour with them. I can not say enough about how wonderful of a time I had or how much Detours contributed to making this trip of a lifetime finally a reality for me (they were also instrumental in helping me arrange an extension to the tour so that I could also go into central Greece for a few days in order to see Delphi and the Meteora Monastaries). I will definitely turn to them in the future when contemplating my next great adventure. Thanks Detours, Miles and Dan!!! – Dalon, Cleveland, OHShow detailed ratings
- LyndseyWritten on October 14, 20155.0 - ExcellentDetours was amazing!!! I never travelled on my own before. This was my first major trip and I was really nervous to be going on my own, and then meeting 16 guys that I would be travelling for 12 days with. I was the only girl on this trip and I would highly recommend it. I never once felt out of place. The guys were all very nice and made sure I was part of everything. This was my first trip and I think it will be really hard to top. I made new friends, ate amazing food and the views were breathtaking. Miles is an amazing tour guide. I felt so relaxed and in good hands. He is really easy to talk to and feels like a friend right away. I don't think Greece would have been the same experience without him, and the guys I hung around for 12 days. I miss Greece already and look forward to booking another trip with Detours. I'm so happy that another friend referred this tour company to me and that I took the chance. I will never forget this amazing experience. Thank you Detours!Show detailed ratings
- ChrisWritten on October 5, 20155.0 - ExcellentAs I sit here in the lobby after what I can call one of the best vacations of my life I am filled with so many emotions. Grateful to have had this experience, sad that it's over, and oddly missing the amazing people I met on this trip more than I imagined. As a solo traveller so many questions go through your head. Am I going to get along with these people? What if I don't? Will I like being in a group setting most of the time? Will they like me? When you meet on day 1 so many of these questions get put to rest. You remember that everyone wants to have a good vacation, meet fun people, laugh, and most importantly create lasting memories. The Detours Travel experience does such thing. Whether you are well travelled, or never travelled before you need to remember there are always bumps in the road. It is the travellers choice to decide if these are bumps or boulders. When you see your tour leader (in this case it was Miles) doing everything they can to make sure that you are happy, trust that you are being looked after. Miles goes out of his way to make sure everyone is happy and when you are travelling with 16 other people you quickly realize that you can't make everyone happy. Yet, Miles still tries to achieve this with much success. As someone who travels a lot for work, I found it hard to be wowed during my travels. Many times this trip I felt like my jaw was dangling open and looking at views that had taken my breath away. From getting a full group selfie at the Acropolis, or daydreaming on my ATV in Milos as we drove through the picturesque hills, the ridiculously stunning view with spectacular sunsets included from our hotel in Santorini, or the relaxing on the beach, and witnessing the fun nightlife of Mykonos. It was all so spectacular. So as I sit here and reflect on this vacation I am left with an overwhelming feeling of gratitude. I want to thank Miles for his hard work, dedication to creating long lasting memories, and for his passion for what he does. I want to thank my fellow travellers for being apart of this experience. We laughed, we cried, it was better than cats.... The musical.. Hehe.. Seriously though, you don't even know what kind of foot print you left in my memories here. Thank you :) I guess what I am saying is if you are wanting a trusting tour leader, beautiful views, lots of laughs, wonderful new friendships, and an experience like no other? Your answer is simple. Yes to Detours TravelShow detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Days 1 and 2 – ATHENS
- Days 3, 4, and 5 - MILOS
- Days 6 and 7 – SANTORINI
- Days 8, 9 and 10 – MYKONOS
- Days 11 and 12 - ATHENS
- Need a flight to Athens?
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- August 1, 2016
What are the inclusions on this trip?
The sights you see in Athens are included in the Athens / Acropolis guided day tour. Any other museums or sights requiring paid entry that you would like to see you should arrange to do independently.
Other inclusions are:
- All land and sea transfers between destinations
- 3-day dune buggy rental on Milos
- Welcome dinner and drinks in Athens
- August 1, 2016
Any details on how the tour operates?
Detours travel has a very laid-back approach to their touring and like to remain flexible which is why they allow for their passengers to decide where they would like to visit and eat their meals while on tour.
- August 1, 2016
Is there an extra cost for solo travellers?
If you'd like to be paired with another solo traveller on the tour, this can be arranged, or if you prefer a single room, the single supplement is an additional charge.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Those who know me best will attest that I revel in unconventional exploration and taking the wilder roads..."
12 Days in Greece
- Upcoming departures
|START||END||BROCHURE PRICE||SAVE NOW||PRICE||SEATS LEFT|
May 20, 2017
May 31, 2017
|10+ seats left||Book Now|
Jun 3, 2017
Jun 14, 2017
|10+ seats left||Book Now|
Sep 17, 2017
Sep 28, 2017
|10+ seats left||Book Now|
Monthly price comparison
Check your flights
Check the prices of your flights now to assist your travel planning. We recommend that you arrive in Athens on the day before your tours starts. Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and is the responsibility of the passenger.
Book your flights only once your seat on the tour is fully confirmed
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Start and end in Athens.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Detours Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 28 May 2017 the full payment of $2,179 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2179 for 12 Days in Greece, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Detours Travel will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Detours Travel : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Athens (Greece)
- 151 km
- Milos (Greece)
- 100 km
- Santorini (Greece)
- 119 km
- Mykonos (Greece)
- 153 km
- Athens (Greece)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,179 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,864 tours in Europe
- covered by 140 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 12 Days in Greece via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 38 travellers have already met
- before they left for 12 Days in Greece tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 25 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 12 Days in Greece