Spires in the Snow
Need a flight to Budapest?
Check your flights.
- Age Range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- 8 reviews
- Rather Poor
- SarahWritten on December 18, 20165.0 - ExcellentJohnny was most definitely one of the best tour guides i've ever had! He is personable, friendly, has great communication and also FUN! My tour around Europe in winter was just amazing and I can't thank Johnny enough!Show detailed ratings
- MarcellaWritten on December 10, 20164.0 - GoodJohnny was such a fantastic tour guide! Even though I was only on the tour for 7 days, he made me so welcome and part of the group. He's such a fun-loving spirit and that made sure every day was an adventure.Show detailed ratings
- Demi-MayWritten on December 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentIf you are looking for a week of fun and adventure tasting some of eastern Europe's most amazing cities this is the tour for you! I made the most amazing memories with some pretty amazing people! Just a warning this tour does join a bigger group who has been travelling for about 2 weeks prior but don't let that turn you off because I had not problem me and the other people going in bonded and we integrated pretty well into the larger group. Starting with Budapest the welcome dinner was massive and the ruin bar we visited was awesome! But we turned in early on the first night as a lot of the new travellers had a big day of travel. We walked up to the Budapest castle and relaxed in the thermal baths, drank way too much in the ruin bars and danced out hearts out! The optional dinner cruise was a great way to kick of a big night and seeing the city lit up from the river was incredible. The dinner was amazing though should have been advertised as a buffet as I was expecting a sit down meal and 2 bottles of wine (which for my table turned into 4) were a great compliment to the cruise. Krakow was the next city and the quick walking tour that night was good for getting our bearing on the city! I paid for the optional pub crawl which I highly recommend it was a night I will never forget and the hour of free drink definitely helped that. The next day I did the optional jewish walking tour and the salt mines both ver informative but with the hangover form the night before by 3pm I was struggling. Auschwitz was something you just can't miss when in Poland and I'm happy that was an inclusion in the tour. It was also made clear that if we were struggling with the visit we were more than welcome to come back to the bus and have a chat! It was nice to know we had a safe place if it was too much! The only overall downside to Krakow was our accommodation classified as a hotel upgrade it was awful and was a real let down. it was also far form the city centra. A lot of us would have preferred to have stayed in a hostel closer to the city centre. After that we ventured onto Prague a city which I fell in love with and probably the best time I had on the tour. The city was gorgeous filled with amazing food, beautiful architecture and it was easy to navigate. The night we arrived in Prague we had an informative walking tour and then we headed out for a night in the 5 story club. Being a Sunday night it was pretty quiet but our group made fun for itself. My night ended on a bad night having my phone lost/stolen (the latter more likely as i found out later that the club is notorious for things going 'missing'). But none the less I had a good night and I was having so much fun that the next day it was a joke and my new friends kept my spirits up and let me forget about it! We spent that day running around the city visiting all the gorgeous sites and just having too much fun! That is a day I will never forget and it is because I was on this tour! All of the inclusions from the hotels to the breakfast and the extra activites were well worth the money. But being in Europe everything is cheap and you can enjoy without having to worry too much about money. You do spend about 3 days on a bus but I enjoyed the bus journeys even when were delayed because we caught up on the sleep we were lacking (only sleeping for 3 hrs a night was catching up) watched movies and chatted. There were plenty of breaks as well. Our tour leader Amanda was amazing could not recommend or praise her enough! She included us newbies, had itineraries, Facebook groups, recommendations everything you could ever want or need from a tour leader she had! Sergio our bus driver was hilarious, including and a lot of fun! Overall this is an amazing trip and I couldn't recommend it enough!Show detailed ratings
- RenaeWritten on June 8, 20164.0 - GoodI went on the 7 day Spires in the Snow tour, which took us through Budapest, Poland and ended in Prague. The entire trip was excellent. Judes was extremely helpful, knowledgeable and well liked with the whole group. She played games with us on the bus to help pass the time, and gave us little facts about each country we were in. Our driver was Krysz. He too was incredible. Very friendly and knowledgeable too. He wasn't afraid to add anything to what Judes was saying. Most of the accomadation was nice, the only problem we had was in Poland. We were put in a smoking room, my friend is an asthmatic. But the hotel was happy to give as another non-smoking room. All together I was impressed. I enjoyed my time on this tour and would gladly do it again if I got the chance.Show detailed ratings
- LeanneWritten on June 7, 20164.0 - GoodI joined on with a longer tour and my trip leader Judes went really out of her way to make me feel like I belonged. I had a fantastic time and was happy with the tour - it was well organised, fun and informative! I highly recommend it!Show detailed ratings
- JustinWritten on September 10, 20154.5 - ExcellentGreat tour, even though I joined late, felt like a part of the crewShow detailed ratings
- RebekahWritten on December 24, 20145.0 - ExcellentElise was soo amazing! Best experience! !Show detailed ratings
- Written on January 11, 20132.0 - Rather poorThis tour was ok, but definitely NOT worth the money you pay for it. The hostels were so far out of the city, you have to spend more money on transport to the city and back. Save your self the money and book with a better company for a lot cheaper, i would recommend Expat Explore.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Natalie, We are very sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your trip. Could you please get in touch with us with more details about your experience? Please e-mail email@example.com Best regards, Topdeck
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Budapest, Hungary
- Day 2: Budapest
- Day 3: Budapest to Krakow, Poland
- Day 4: Krakow
- Day 5: Krakow to Prague, Czech Republic
- Day 6: Prague
- Day 7: Prague
- Need a flight to Budapest or from Prague?
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Whan can I have the documents to process my visa?
In order to get your finalized travel documents you need to have a confirmed booking with Topdeck and then the hotel list/finalised travel documents will be emailed to you 4-6 weeks prior to the tour departing.
- June 19, 2016
With regards to the departure date of 21/12/16 - where will Christmas day be spent?
Christmas day falls on the day traveling from Krakow to Prague,
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi there, I am Judes - a Maltese Australian working as a Trip Leader with Topdeck. Europe is such a mesmerising..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
Spires in the Snow
- Upcoming departures
Mar 15, 2017
Mar 21, 2017
|0 seats left|
Mar 22, 2017
Mar 28, 2017
|0 seats left|
Mar 29, 2017
Apr 4, 2017
|0 seats left|
Monthly price comparison
Check your flights
Check the prices of your flights now to assist your travel planning. We recommend that you arrive in Budapest on the day before your tours starts. Flights before and after the tour are not included in the tour price and is the responsibility of the passenger.
Book your flights only once your seat on the tour is fully confirmed
About the countries
- KorunaCzech Republic
Plugs & Adapters
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Hungary, Poland and Czech Republic. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Budapest is the starting point and Prague is the endpoint.
- Hold my seat
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold seats for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 42 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 10 April 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 42 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Spires in the Snow, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Budapest (Hungary)
- 293 km
- Krakow (Poland)
- 394 km
- Prague (Czech Republic)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 4,693 tours in Europe
- covered by 133 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 42 days prior to the departure date.
- 52 travellers have already met
- before they left for Spires in the Snow tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 8 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Spires in the Snow