- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 1,439
- Age Range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Discover Burgundy's wine country
- Experience the high life in Monaco
- Try some of Germany's 5,000 beers
- Wander the streets of Amsterdam
- Rather Poor
- CCaseyWritten on May 16, 20175.0 - ExcellentI had an amazing first experience in EuropeShow detailed ratings
- KWKimberlyWritten on May 15, 20174.0 - GoodI did the European Highlights trip in 2016. It was so different to what I had imagined! Anne-Elyse was an amazing guide and Balazs was an incredible driver. If it wasn't for these two guys my trip would have been only half of what it was. We really were treated like family.Show detailed ratings
- BekyWritten on May 9, 20174.0 - GoodI had an amazing time with Kayla and Timmy, along with the rest of the gang! This is truly a highlights tour, very quick and often rushed (like in munich) but we were lucky to hit Springfest, go to Moulin Rouge. As a veggie, they were very accommodating, although we never really knew what we were having beforehand (it was a nice surprise I guess!). Budget a little extra for tipping and transport if you plan to go out, as you often require metro or uber/taxi to get back to the hotel/hostel. All in all a great tour to introduce myself to Europe, definitely looking to book another in the future!Show detailed ratings
- ATAlexaWritten on May 6, 20175.0 - ExcellentI'll give Maite a 10/10 as a contiki tour manager!! She was just the best she made the information and history fun to learn. Shes one of the reasons i want to go on another contiki. The best Mama contikiShow detailed ratings
- AAdetteWritten on December 11, 20164.5 - ExcellentKassie made the tour!. From her knowledge of Europe to her sense of humour and professionalism the experience wouldn't have been the same without her guidance. Very greatful to have toured with such a wonderful guide.Show detailed ratings
- MMechelleWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentFantastic tour guide and lovely lady. Thanks for the great memories. XShow detailed ratings
- BSBrodieWritten on September 26, 20165.0 - ExcellentBefore I went on the trip I had an idea of what it would be like, but once the trip begun I realised I had absolutely no idea what kind of adventure I was in for. Everyone in the group became an incredible family and we got to experience and explore so many different places in Europe. Anne-Elyse made the tour what it was. She went above and beyond to make sure every single one of us were having the time of our lives and I, and I'm sure everyone else, will be forever greatful for making our contiki trip the most incredible time of our lives that we will never forget.Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on September 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentOur guide Matt was excellent. He was able to provide a lot of information on each city and area we visited as well he would consistently go above and beyond to ensure our trip was amazing. One example was he was able to get us into saint Michael basilica in Venice where no other group had been able to. The trip was amazing and in no small part due to Matt.Show detailed ratings
- RSRachaelWritten on September 17, 20165.0 - ExcellentIt was my first time in Europe and I went on the European Highlights tour with Megs. Megs is nothing short of excellence. She was always there for everyone. A great balance of professionalism and someone you can confide in for advice. I have made a friend in Megs and I will forever remember the impact she has had on my life. Contiki is very lucky to have her. She is sweet, caring, kind, funny, and last but not least she is so knowledgeable! Anyone that gets a tour with her is so lucky! I look forward to our paths crossing again one day!:)Show detailed ratings
- JKJesseWritten on September 14, 20165.0 - ExcellentSecond time traveling the European Highlights with Contiki. Loved it so much the first time and was even better the next. Tour guide Matt Grieves really made the experience with his impeccable organisation including extra group activities such as Antibes Land. His delivery of information when visiting the major cities was captivating and exciting with his little tips on places to eat and visit that weren't a major tourist hot spot. Best experience of my life!Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Beaujolais Wine Region
- Day 4: Beaujolais Wine Region to The Riviera
- Day 5: The Riviera
- Day 6: The Riviera to Florence
- Day 7: Florence to Rome
- Day 8: Rome
- Day 9: Rome to Venice
- Day 10: Venice to Munich
- Day 11: Munich to Rhine Valley
- Day 12: Rhine Valley to Amsterdam
- Day 13: Amsterdam
- Day 14: Depart Amsterdam
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Hight Energy: culture packed days & party filled nights with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- February 1, 2017
Is the airfare included on this trip?
TourRadar specializes in giving you the best tours from around the world, however the tours we offer do not include airfare and we do not book or advise on airfare. You will be responsible for booking your flights to meet with the group at the starting city.
- February 1, 2017
How do I go about booking the extra things like the Gladiator or the Wine Tour?
If you're interested in any of the optional activities available to you throughout the tour like the Gladiator or Wine Tours you've mentioned, you'll need to pay your tour guide directly with cash in the local currency for each particular destination.
- January 1, 2017
Can a 42 year old join this tour?
Contiki operates tours for travellers between ages (18-35). They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers. The age limit is quite strict and we are unable amend this with the Tour Operator
Guides who have led this tour
- "Went on a Contiki European Whirl in 2013...had such a blast I joined the company. Best decision of my..."
- "We travel initially to lose ourselves; Then we travel next, to find ourselves. - I am lucky enough to..."
- "Indian born, Filipino raised, Kiwi influenced, Aussie experienced, European roamer...World bound! :D"
- "I like adventures, food and laughter, those are a few of my favourite things."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
- "Contiki Courtney, Hutchy or coxy here. Absolutely love my job with contiki, getting to travel, meet new..."
- "Before joining the Tourism Industry i used to frequently travel across South East Asia and Australia..."
16 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Contiki European Highlights tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 1st November 20171 comment"i would like to have"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- August 2017
- September 2017
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- SundayAug 27, 2017from LondonSaturdaySep 9, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund0 spaces leftSold outSee similar tours on this date
- WednesdayAug 30, 2017from LondonTuesdaySep 12, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund0 spaces left
- MondaySep 4, 2017from LondonSundaySep 17, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- TuesdaySep 5, 2017from LondonMondaySep 18, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- WednesdaySep 6, 2017from LondonTuesdaySep 19, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund0 spaces left
- FridaySep 8, 2017from LondonThursdaySep 21, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund0 spaces left
- SaturdaySep 9, 2017from LondonFridaySep 22, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- SundaySep 10, 2017from LondonSaturdaySep 23, 2017in LondonOur saving$36Price-20%USD $1,439+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- WednesdaySep 13, 2017from LondonTuesdaySep 26, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
- FridaySep 15, 2017from LondonThursdaySep 28, 2017in LondonOur saving$45PriceUSD $1,799+ $290 Food Fund10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Monaco , Italy , Vatican City (Holy See) , Germany and Netherlands
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 5 October 2017 the full payment of $1,439 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1439 for European Highlights, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 57 km
- Fontainebleau (France)
- 521 km
- Avignon (France)
- 217 km
- Cote D'azur (France)
- 20 km
- Nice (France)
- 13 km
- Monaco (Monaco)
- 1 km
- Monte Carlo (Monaco)
- 239 km
- Pisa (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,439 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,015 tours in Europe
- covered by 161 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 16 travellers have already met
before they left for European Highlights tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 110 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on European Highlights