- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 2,673
- +7 Destinations
- The Ring Road
- Age Range
- 15 to 70 year olds
- Visit the impressive Golden Waterfall
- Soak in Myvatn Nature Baths
- Relax in Europe’s hottest thermal spring
- See the epic Skógafoss waterfall
- Rather Poor
- SSStephenWritten on June 16, 20173.0 - AverageLoved the Island. Fabulous scenery / geology. Great international group. Bit rough and ready in parts and lots of driving but go with the flow and you will enjoy. Let down by accommodation mix ups, expensive meals and inadequate guide.Show detailed ratings
- KKWritten on August 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentAbsolutely fantastic trip not only because of the carefully planned itinerary but also the lovely guide from FunTravel Iceland. This 10day long tour covered all the sights I wanted to see in Iceland in the summer and Jura the lovely guide even added some extras (mostly waterfalls). Her local expertise meant that she not only tried to take us off the beaten track and show sights less frequented by tourists (hence less crowds) but also varied them to accommodate for the weather and road conditions and doing this whilst being on the go all the time. There is nothing I could fault with this trip – all items on the itinerary were as described (except for 1 accommodation on Vik but that was outside of the tour organizer’s control). The group age was between 19-55, mainly Australians with a couple of Europeans tagging along making it a lovely mix of people to chat to and experience this amazing country with. One thing is for sure – I will have to come back for a winter trip :) Thanks Jura for being a great guide, thanks Interpid and FunTours for organizing and conducting the trip.Show detailed ratings
- AnnaliseWritten on August 2, 20163.0 - AverageI did the 10 day Icelandic Discovery in July 2016. Before booking I was unaware these tours were designed for ages 25-65 etc. Being a young solo traveler the tour was a little bit too skewed for retiree aged, slow paced and often a little stale in terms of daily activities Myself and one other girl in her 20s were paired for most things as the rest of the group were over the age 40. Some ranged to 70. I booked as this is one of the only tours to complete the ring road and go to some areas off the track - just be aware this is not an adventure tour, eco tour or youth tour. It is designed for comfort for older travelers. Our guide was Icelandic and generally knowledgeable on the culture and language. As a guide she was a bit odd to begin with, not a traditional tour guide in any sense but everyone came around to her personality by the end of the trip. I will comment that is is NOT run by Intrepid and by another company called FUN Travel - something Intrepid did not tell me prior to booking. Another issue I had was I paid for twin share and was told myself and 2 other passengers would have to share the duration of the tour in a triple share. That was never an issue for me but I did pay for twin share, and was never offered compensation or an explanation as to why we had to share - one of those other women took this issue further to the Intrepid head office on day 1 of the tour and was given a private room the entire trip. Unsure how that is fair. The tour itself was good from day 1-5. The rest of the trip after was a little more time spent on the road and less time seeing things. Day 9 could easily be skipped. It was basically a slower version of driving back to the main city with some small towns included. The meals in Iceland are extremely expensive and you have no other choice as it is all planned for you - but not included in the price! Be aware of this and put cash aside as it is pricey. Lots of the farm stays and guesthouses were nice - especially in the South and East of the country. Highlights include horse riding (not included), hiking to a waterfall (guide does not join), and the glacier boat ride (the coldest spot on the tour!).Show detailed ratings
- SSandraWritten on April 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis is the best Intrepid trip I have ever been on ! I knew Iceland was a natural wonderland but I was blown away by how beautiful and otherworldly this country is! This trip is a whirlwind. Our trip leader Dora was amazing and did such a fantastic job - she was our driver, our cook, our teacher and storyteller. I loved every aspect of this trip. The accommodations were amazing, top notch quality! The organization of this trip is spot on. Also, I recommend spending some extra time in Reykjavik. The art and culture are so cool. If you're into photography, you'll be over the moon. I intend to visit Iceland over and over again in the future. Thank You Intrepid for an AWESOME trip!Show detailed ratings
- LeaWritten on August 5, 20144.5 - ExcellentIceland was all I imagined it to be - and more! The tour was operated by funtravel.is. Our guide took us to all the touristy places but also made sure to show us lots of hidden gems. On most days we had lots of time to explore, although some days felt a bit rushed. We stayed in guesthouses and on farms (www.farmholidays.is) - mostly in the middle of nowhere. Expect shared bathrooms.Show detailed ratings
- AAnonymousWritten on October 29, 20104.0 - GoodThis was a good trip and the guide did a good job. The group was good too - everyone was pleasant and interesting. Iceland is a lovely country with very interesting history and scenery.
- AAnonymousWritten on October 12, 20104.0 - GoodIceland is about the geology. It is an interesting place and we enjoyed it. Iceland is not what we expected. It is much more green - less rocks than we thought.
- AAnonymousWritten on September 18, 20102.0 - Rather poorDisappointed
- AAnonymousWritten on September 13, 20104.0 - Goodnice tour guide, interesting trip, good length
- AAnonymousWritten on September 10, 20102.0 - Rather poorVery conventional trip (so different to my Intrepids\' experience in New Zeland last year!)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Reykjavik
- Day 2: Reykjavik / Golden Circle / Hvolsvöllur Area
- Day 3: South Coast
- Day 4: Skaftafell National Park / Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon / Höfn Area
- Day 5: East Fjords / Egilsstaðir / Möðrudalur Valley
- Day 6: Húsavík / Lake Mývatn
- Day 7: Akureyri / Trollaskagi Peninsula / Gauksmýri
- Day 8: Hrútafjörður / Snaefellsnes Peninsula
- Day 9: Grábrók / Reykjavik
- Day 10: Reykjavik
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Good by past passengers
MealsRated Good by past passengers
TransportRated Good by past passengers
- Iceland: The Ultimate Travel Guide
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- November 1, 2016
Is there a great chance for this tour to be cancelled if not enough people have booked?
As a matter of fact, Iceland is a very popular destination at the moment so there are really small possibilities of cancellation for this specific tour, it is a very trendy destination!
- November 1, 2016
If I cancel my booking for this trip will I get a refund?
Yes, you will of course receive the whole refund of the money you paid: we usually receive this information around 6 weeks before departure, but you can check and write us even earlier since we may perhaps receive this information in advance.
- October 1, 2016
Is the single supplement compulsory?
There is no option for a single supplement on this tour so if you're travelling solo you'll be automatically paired with another same gender, solo traveller.
27 travellers met using the Meet App before going on their Intrepid Travel Iceland Discovery tour.
Select the departure date of the tour that you're planning on going on and chat with other travellers going on that tour. If you don't find your departure date, add a meet and others travellers will join.
- Departs 24th August 20171 comment"Hi"
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Luz, 66 years old16th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- FridayAug 25, 2017from ReykjavikSundaySep 3, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$152PriceUSD $3,6480 spaces left
- MondayAug 28, 2017from ReykjavikWednesdaySep 6, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$145PriceUSD $3,4750 spaces left
- WednesdayAug 30, 2017from ReykjavikFridaySep 8, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$145PriceUSD $3,475Only 3 spaces left
- FridaySep 1, 2017from ReykjavikSundaySep 10, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$158PriceUSD $3,7870 spaces left
- MondaySep 4, 2017from ReykjavikWednesdaySep 13, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$156PriceUSD $3,7540 spaces left
- WednesdaySep 6, 2017from ReykjavikFridaySep 15, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$154PriceUSD $3,7060 spaces left
- FridaySep 8, 2017from ReykjavikSundaySep 17, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$154PriceUSD $3,7060 spaces left
- MondaySep 11, 2017from ReykjavikWednesdaySep 20, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$154PriceUSD $3,7060 spaces left
- WednesdaySep 13, 2017from ReykjavikFridaySep 22, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$154PriceUSD $3,7060 spaces left
- FridaySep 15, 2017from ReykjavikSundaySep 24, 2017in ReykjavikOur saving$154PriceUSD $3,7060 spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Reykjavik.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Intrepid Travel to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $400 to confirm this Intrepid Travel booking. The remaining balance is then payable 56 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 16 October 2017 the full payment of $2,673 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2673 for Iceland Discovery, but the deposit of $400 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Intrepid Travel tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
- 92 km
- Hvolsvollur (Iceland)
- 71 km
- Vik (Iceland)
- 124 km
- Skaftafell (Iceland)
- 181 km
- Egilsstadir (Iceland)
- 126 km
- Lake Myvatn (Iceland)
- 193 km
- Hrutafjordur (Iceland)
- 104 km
- Snaefellsnes (Iceland)
- 94 km
- Reykjavik (Iceland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,673 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,015 tours in Europe
- covered by 161 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 56 days prior to the departure date.
- 27 travellers have already met
before they left for Iceland Discovery tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 5 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Iceland Discovery
Last modified (date)
Joining point description
Joining point instructions
Finish point instructions
Why we love it
Is this trip right for you
Food and dietary requirements
What to take
A couple of rules
Your fellow travellers