Northern Choice (Auckland to Wellington - until Sept
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 1,397
- +5 Destinations
- New Zealand North Island
- Age Range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Discover the Maori culture from the locals
- Visit Rotorua's boling mud and hot springs
- Learn about sheep sheering at the Agrodome farm show
- Expolore the cosmopolitan city of Auckland
- Rather Poor
- SShakiraWritten on March 1, 20175.0 - ExcellentI went over to New Zealand by myself and Susie made me feel so welcome and showed me a great time with so much adventure and thrill seeking!Show detailed ratings
- VvanessWritten on January 1, 20155.0 - ExcellentIsobel was inspiring! She had the most energy I have encountered in a person and was always so understanding when you came to her. She was a jeep of fun and extremely knowledgeable and knee the locals well. It was obvious she had created and sustained a wonderful rapport with them, and it aided our trips fun! She is great.Show detailed ratings
- MMoWritten on December 27, 20145.0 - ExcellentIzzy was exceeded all my expectations and I had an amazing first contiki because of her. She is an amazing, outgoing person but was very organized and ensured we got the most out of our trip. Izzy made the trip worth while and encouraged us to make the most of our experiences. -mnShow detailed ratings
- TTTraceyWritten on December 27, 20145.0 - ExcellentFantastic holiday! Isobel was a great tour guide. Her knowledge and experience enhanced our tour. She was also easy to talk to and helped everyone on the bus by taking the time to get to know all of us.Show detailed ratings
- EbonieWritten on December 23, 20143.5 - Goodwas anazjng. Absolutely loved it!Show detailed ratings
- SWSarahWritten on December 23, 20144.0 - GoodIsobel is incredibly knowledgeable and kind - made for a highly memorable experience!Show detailed ratings
- BABrynWritten on December 13, 20145.0 - ExcellentIsobel is an awesome tour guide. Amazing positivity, knowledge and energy!Show detailed ratings
- Boon ChuanWritten on June 17, 20144.5 - ExcellentThis short trip from Auckland to Wellington was nothing short of fun with the great company, parties and a wonderful native guide who spoke proudly of New Zealand that I could not imagine knowing so much without her. Overall a great tour timely taken to escape the equatorial heat and enjoy winter.Show detailed ratings
- BradWritten on June 17, 20145.0 - ExcellentThis tour was absolutely amazing. For so many reasons. And all those reasons have one common denominator; our truly brilliant tour leader Isobel. How did she make this tour so fantastic? Read on to find out!! Firstly, the location. New Zealand is a truly beautiful place. The scenery, among the most breathtaking in the world. The activities, a thrill-seekers paradise. The country's history, intriguing. But Isobel made it so much more than that. We could be driving down a pretty standard stretch of highway, an opportunity that most other tour leaders from my experiences have taken to just chat to the bus driver. Not Isobel. She's a Kiwi, and she takes obvious pride in this. She would grab our attention and tell us a fun fact about the area we were driving through, whether it be a piece of history, or a personal experience of hers. She had us all involved and wanted us to be as in touch and as informed about as many areas of her country as possible. Isobel would constantly encourage others to step out of their comfort zones and try something that they usually wouldn't. For example, there were a few people a little apprehensive about trying white water rafting. Instead of just dismissing them as not wanting to do the activity, she would try to ascertain what was truly stopping them from having a go, and encourage they reconsider. She shared a story about how she was afraid of skydiving but got talked into doing it, and had one of the best times of her life. She also prompted everyone that YOLO - You Only Live Once (something she has been telling people for years - before the phrase became mainstream and overdone!) and reminded us that we were never going to be back here, with this group, and where else in the world would we get a chance to try this. That little extra nudge from her to put people out of their comfort zones saw many of us terrified beforehand, but with a feeling of accomplishment and pleased that we gave it a go afterwards, and had Isobel not cared about us having the time of our lives, many of us would have never felt this great feeling. I've been on tours where the group can feel quite segregated. Clicks of people form and only hang out with each other. Isobel wouldn't have a bar of this. From day 1 she got the whole group involved with getting to know each other and before long we all knew each others names, where everyone was from, everyone got along. She wouldn't just point us in the direction of a nice place for dinner or a nice little bar, she'd come out with us, shout us drinks, make sure we were all having a great time and getting along. Which we did, we got along like a house on fire. She was able to harmonize the whole group. Except our tour didn't feel like a group, it felt like a family. So profound was Isobel's impact on all in our newly formed family, that some of us (this reviewer included) got a permanent reminder of the amazing time we had inked onto our wrists - Our tour motto with NZ13 underneath it. Whenever I'm having a bad day at work, or just feeling a bit down, I pull up my sleeve and it instantly puts a smile on my face. I'm immediately back there, in NZ, with my tour mates reliving it all. But her impact doesn't stop there. She shared quite a personal story of hers on the bus, and then shared a book that helped her get through that time. Both her story and the book she shared had an unimaginable impact on me. I could relate to her story and it had honestly been holding me back from seeing the world. And the book she shared.. It's called Oh The Places You'll Go, and it struck such a deep meaning with me. It changed my perspective on the world and travel completely. So much so that I also got it inked onto my arm - the name of the book with a flag for every country visited thus far. Why you might ask? Because if I ever find myself falling back into the place I was on pre-NZ Contiki, I look at my arm and am reminded of her story and that book. She didn't have to share that story with us, or the book. Most tour leaders wouldn't. But I'm so glad she did. I've gone on some travels I otherwise wouldn't have done had she not given me such inspiration. I'd also like to point out I'm not a tattoo addict - my first ink was actually the tour motto!! Isobel is responsible for being influential with two of my pieces, and I only have three in total. This tour would have been good with any tour leader, but Isobel made it great. I've been on several tours in my time, and none of the tour leaders even come close to the all-round fabulous package that Isobel provides. Isobel has actually made me want to become a tour leader so that I can give others the memorable times that she gave us. She makes it more than a simple holiday; she makes it a life experience. New Zealand is amazing, I've been back three times since my Contiki finished, I recommend everyone check it out and I sincerely hope you get a tour leader even half as brilliant as what Isobel is.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Auckland to Paihia
- Day 2: Paihia
- Day 3: Paihia to Auckland
- Day 4: Auckland to Waitomo
- Day 5: Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 6: Rotorua
- Day 7: Rotorua to Lake Taupo
- Day 8: Lake Taupo to Wellington
- Day 9: Wellington
- Day 10: Finish Wellington
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- New Zealand HD
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- September 20, 2016
How many meals are included in this trip?
You will have 12 meals included on this trip.
All of your breakfasts and three dinners are included.
- September 20, 2016
What type of accommodation is used on this trip?
Please note that on this trip your accommodation is included and you will be spending 9 nights in hotels and lodges.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Well hello there, its so nice of you to visit my profile page. Im a double lucky guide as i get to work..."
- "My spontaneous decision to work for Contiki was the best choice I ever made. I still pinch myself to..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Janet, 30 years old7th April 2017
Northern Choice (Auckland to Wellington - until Sept
- WednesdayAug 23, 2017from AucklandFridaySep 1, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,397Based on Quad RoomOnly 1 space left
- ThursdayAug 31, 2017from AucklandSaturdaySep 9, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,397Based on Quad Room0 spaces leftCancelledSee similar tours on this date
- FridaySep 8, 2017from AucklandSundaySep 17, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,397Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SaturdaySep 16, 2017from AucklandMondaySep 25, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,397Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
- SundaySep 24, 2017from AucklandTuesdayOct 3, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$58PriceUSD $1,397Based on Quad Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 3 October 2017 the full payment of $1,397 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1397 for Northern Choice (Auckland to Wellington - until Sept, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Paihia (New Zealand)
- 185 km
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 160 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,397 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 879 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 6,193 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Northern Choice (Auckland to Wellington - until Sept