12 Day Giant Irish Adventure
- Our saving
- Price from
- US $ 2,792
- Age Range
- from 8 year olds
- Rather Poor
- ATAleksandraWritten on August 5, 20165.0 - Excellent12 Day Giant Irish Adventure was an AWESOME experience! Highly recommend! Nick was a most wonderful guide, the stops along the way were truly exceptional and provided a variety of experiences for all travelers.Show detailed ratings
- AngelaWritten on August 6, 20154.5 - ExcellentThis is a great tour if you really want to see Ireland. We saw so many places that I feel like I got a comprehensive view of the country. It is fast-paced since you stay only one night at each hotel except in Dingle so as long as you are okay with that, you should enjoy the tour.Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on September 29, 20145.0 - ExcellentLoved everything about it. And the good weather was a blessing. Emmet, you were the best guide ever. Thank you for all the interesting chats on history and archaeology, etc. and the accompanying blarney. You are a treasure!Show detailed ratings
- AnonymousWritten on September 9, 20141.0 - BadAWESOME! My wife and I celebrated our 40th wedding anniversary on the 12 day Giant Irish Adventure and loved every minute. First of all, Ireland is SPECTACULAR. The views of the fields, coastline, mountains, ruins, towns and small villages were so much better than I had hoped. The Irish people are extremely pleasant and want to hear about you and what you think of their land even though they've probably heard it from hundreds of other tourists. You have to be disciplined not to take pictures of every field, mountain, inch of coastline, house and storefront and person you see. Secondly, choosing Vagabond was our second best decision next to choosing Ireland as our first European vacation. Booking was simple and easy and a good value compared to other trips we looked into. Any follow-up questions were answered promptly and courteously. Vagabond is a small company focused on small groups so that means it has to have great personal service, and it does. If you are thinking about renting a car driving yourself, think again. The driver sits on the right side and drives on the left side of the road which is tricky especially at intersections and roundabouts plus you would miss so much scenery along the way. Our Vagabond group was made up of just nine folks including ourselves. They included a young Canadian couple on their honeymoon, a young man from Germany a couple in their fifties from California who had traveled extensively, a middle aged woman from Maine traveling alone taking her fist vacation since retiring, and a young girl from Australia. If you did the math from my statement that my wife and were celebrating our 40th wedding anniversary, yes, we are in our early sixties. So, you can see the group came in all sizes, ages and from different counties, but all spoke English. Larry, our guide and driver added SO much to the trip. Besides knowing how to get around the whole country including a lot of back roads, some of which could barely be called roads he was a walking, and hiking, encyclopedia of Irish history and culture. His knowledge of Irish history including the present time was just amazing. He paced the trip well so that we were in the vehicle (check out the retrofitted Land Rover on the website) no more than 90 minutes at a time. Besides his educational information Larry sprinkled in music, some timed for the location, like the Talking Heads song "Road to Nowhere" as well as more traditional Irish music, most of which tell sad stories. Larry also answered questions, pointed out interesting types of landscape, types of sheep (there are a LOT of sheep in Ireland), buildings both old and new as well as a few corny jokes. He even sang a few songs. Larry knew all the places to pull off for photo ops as well as took us to out of the way places for some great hikes and yes he was with us every step of the way. A special shout-out also for Larry helping me find and taking us to a VERY out-of-the-way location to recreate a picture of my father taken by his brother on a trip 32 years ago --- no that is personal service that I am extremely grateful for! To summarize, if you are considering an active vacation through an amazing county give Vagabond a call. But be prepared. Be prepared to Look, Listen, Learn and Laugh as well as do some good hiking (not too strenuous but some hills). Also be prepared to get wet. It rains in Ireland a LOT but it won't stop you from enjoying a great vacation.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Top Ten Things to do in Ireland
- Off the Beaten Track with Vagabond Tours
- Vagabond Tours of Ireland
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
Does the tour include visits to archaeological sites in Ireland?
Although our tours are not solely archaeology focused we do visit some archaeological sites along the way such as the Uragh Stone circle as well as several megalithic tombs.
The tours would also offer the chance to experience some traditional Irish music too especially in Dingle.
- March 16, 2015
Is it possible to get a single room?
Yes, depending on the tour and departure date, a single room may be available for an extra cost. Please enquire with your intended travel date and we find out the price for you.
- January 11, 2015
Is there a single supplement available, so I can get my own room?
Yes there is, please get in contact with us if you would like to know how much it is for the tour and departure date you are requesting.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Libby, 53 years old8th February 2017
12 Day Giant Irish Adventure
- Upcoming departures
- July 2017
- August 2017
- September 2017
- October 2017
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- MondayJul 3, 2017from DublinFridayJul 14, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayJul 10, 2017from DublinFridayJul 21, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayJul 17, 2017from DublinFridayJul 28, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayJul 24, 2017from DublinFridayAug 4, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayJul 31, 2017from DublinFridayAug 11, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayAug 7, 2017from DublinFridayAug 18, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayAug 14, 2017from DublinFridayAug 25, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayAug 21, 2017from DublinFridaySep 1, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondayAug 28, 2017from DublinFridaySep 8, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
- MondaySep 4, 2017from DublinFridaySep 15, 2017in DublinOur saving$72PriceUSD $2,7920 seats left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingNorthern Ireland
Plugs & Adapters
- Start and end in Dublin.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Vagabond Small Group Tours Of Ireland booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 24 August 2017 the full payment of $2,792 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $2792 for 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Vagabond Small Group Tours Of Ireland will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Vagabond Small Group Tours Of Ireland : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Dublin (Ireland)
- 160 km
- Tipperary (Ireland)
- 68 km
- Cork (Ireland)
- 125 km
- Dingle (Ireland)
- 138 km
- Burren (Ireland)
- 14 km
- Galway (Ireland)
- 118 km
- Sligo (Ireland)
- 48 km
- Donegal (Ireland)
- 64 km
- Londonderry (Northern Ireland)
- 57 km
- Giants Causeway (Northern Ireland)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $2,792 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 5,502 tours in Europe
- covered by 152 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 35 travellers have already met
before they left for 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 4 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on 12 Day Giant Irish Adventure