- Age Range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Rather Poor
- MBMichelleWritten on July 13, 20173.0 - AverageOverall enjoyed the tour - think we got lucky with the group. I enjoyed the places we visited but felt there were a few two many museums which was a bit dull. (Mainly in Oslo) Food and accommodation was good overall but please don't serve smash! The guide was quite positive throughout and approachable. I felt the information given on the different cities etc. was a bit too long and detailed at times making it hard to follow - a few key, interesting facts would have been better. Also I would liked more inside knowledge/suggestions/practical advice on where to eat etc. The group spent a good few hours in Stockholm wandering around not knowing where to go etc. I think the purpose of a tour was to have decisions like this made for us. Overall though it was a good experience and I'm glad I did it but I think a lot of that was down to having a really fun bunch of people to travel with.Show detailed ratings
- LindsayWritten on May 23, 20175.0 - ExcellentThis trip was amazing. Like other reviews I've read, the only thing I'd change is staying on the trip/ route longer! I didn't know the Scandi was just a short part (10 days) of an optional 37 day round trip adventure. Provided food was excellent, all Topdeck crew was friendly and helpful, and the accommodations were good. Super fun overall.Show detailed ratings
- JJoelWritten on December 24, 20165.0 - ExcellentI only have one regret about the trip and thats that we didn't continue on the full length. The trip was led by the amazing trio of Piotr the guide, Mercie the cook and Gabriel the driver. The value for the trip was amazing, four countries in ten days. Being able to see all of those amazing places and having clearly the best guide to show us along. I was nervous going in about the food, but it turned out to be amazingly delicious. I would go on another tour led by Piotr without a hesitation.Show detailed ratings
- AlfieWritten on June 30, 20165.0 - ExcellentFantastic trip! My only regret is that I didn't continue on the longer version heading up all the way around Norway. Many thanks to an excellent Tour Leader - Dr Dan. Also shout out to Chef Alexis and getaway driver ZoliShow detailed ratings
- LJLenoreWritten on November 2, 20154.5 - ExcellentI honestly had no idea what to expect when starting the Scandi Express tour. I was going with a friend who had already travelled with TopDeck, but she saved all the details...almost like a surprise! Elise was welcoming, knowledgable, kind, and hilarious. She gave you all the information you needed to know, but didn't try to boss you around. She was respectful and all she asked in return was that you respect her; an easy task! Elise, thank you for being oh so kind and caring. I'm planning two more TopDeck tours and if my leaders are anything like you I know I'll be in safe hands.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewFantastic to hear your enjoyed your Scandi Express with Elise. I'm sure your counting down the days until your next Topdeck trip you are in safe hands with any our tour leaders. Topdeck :)
- KimberlyWritten on October 24, 20155.0 - ExcellentElise was my tour guide for my 2015 Scandi Express tour from Berlin to Oslo. She was EXCELLENT! She is very knowledgeable about the cities we visited and was great about fitting as much as possible into our short time in each city. We definitely made the most of our time and I personally thoroughly enjoyed my time on the Scandi Express! I'm planning another TopDeck tour and would love to have Elise as my guide again!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi there. Great to see you loved your Scandi express with Elise. Elise would be delighted to have you back again. Don't forget to use to past passenger discount to get 5% off your next Topdeck trip. Topdeck :)
- ClaireWritten on September 23, 2014Show detailed ratings5.0 - Excellent
- TabethaWritten on September 22, 20145.0 - ExcellentEven though this was a short 10 day trip, I had an amazing time on tour! Our crew was amazing from Bec our tour leader who knew just about everything, to our talented cook Holly and the wicked driving skills of Zoli. It was a great intro to Scandinavia and I hope to go back on day to see more.Show detailed ratings
- Lady-SallyWritten on June 3, 20113.5 - GoodFirst and last Top Deck tour for me I'm afraid, and it all boils down to the worst tour guide I have come across. Our tour guide Dan was less than helpful and continued to waste our time repeatedly. He was rude to passengers and continued to provided incorrect information about locations and sightseeing at every point. Giving us all an out of date map and telling us where the information stand is when we arrive in a city, is NOT being a Tour Guide (turns out the map is old and the information stand is no longer there!!) Dropping us off at a Museum in Olso, only for us to find that its closed! Quoting incorrect costs of Museums, internet, shower, washing costs at EVERY campsite. Meeting us out the front of the Palace in Stockholm and telling us this is where the changing of the guards happens and goes for around 45min. What we saw only went for about 5min- he stood and watched with us. Later speaking to another tourist, we were in the wrong location! When asking where to go on our free night in Stockholm, he responds with "oh anywhere around is fine"....ah there are 17 dam islands, a little direction would be nice. He had no personal experiences to share on what to do and where to go. At no stage did he ask any of us how our day was or what we got up to. I decided to ask him how his free day was and all I got was a reply of "yeah good" These are only a few examples- there were many many more. We continually felt like we were actually getting in his way. People aren't always going to get along but as a tour guide you should never be able to tell that you dislike someone, people are paying good money for your service and Dan seemed to forget that. On the plus side our cook Pinky was great, always really nice food and I never went hungry. No complaints about Pauly the driver either. Sadly Dan's actions or in-actions over-shadowed my whole experience. I have done 2 Contiki's a Kumuka & an Intrepid and I will definately go back to one of these companies for my trip next year.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: Berlin, Germany
- Day 2: Berlin
- Day 3: Berlin to Copenhagen, Denmark
- Day 4: Copenhagen
- Day 5: Copenhagen to Stockholm, Sweden
- Day 6: Stockholm
- Day 7: Stockholm
- Day 8: Stockholm to Oslo, Norway
- Day 9: Oslo
- Day 10: Oslo
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- July 19, 2016
What sort of accommodation will I stay on during this trip?
You will stay in same sex multi share accommodation. A combination of modern hostels situated close to the action, cabins at European campsites and bungalows.
- April 23, 2015
What does the food fund cover?
Food fund for Scandi Express covers all included group meals while you are on the trip. This tour includes all breakfasts and some fresh lunches lunches while travelling - which means you can save on expensive lunches from motorway service stations and enjoy higher quality food. Meals at local restaurants are also included giving you the opportunity to try local cuisines. The food fund needs to be paid upfront before the departure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys! My name is Piotr and I have been a tour guide since 2013. So far I've worked four summer seasons..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
About the countries
- KroneDenmark and Norway
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany, Denmark, Sweden and Norway. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Berlin is the starting point and Oslo is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 6 October 2017 the full payment of $0 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $0 for Scandi Express, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Berlin (Germany)
- 355 km
- Copenhagen (Denmark)
- 522 km
- Stockholm (Sweden)
- 416 km
- Oslo (Norway)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $0 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,024 tours in Europe
- covered by 161 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 59 travellers have already met
before they left for Scandi Express tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 9 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Scandi Express