North Island Adventure Tour
- Our saving
- US $ 896
- Age range
- 18 to 99 year olds
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus
- All Inclusive
- Rather Poor
- SMSeanWritten on August 5, 20175.0 - ExcellentThe trip was amazing. I went in on the tour alone and it was the first small group tour I had ever done. I was not expecting everyone to get along so well. Also, our guide was amazing! Easy to get along with and he was very engaging. Best trip I have ever taken!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewWow Sean, it's an honour to have helped with the best trip you have ever taken! We reckon small groups are an awesome option for solo travellers, especially with a guide as laid back as Baby Jesus looking after everyone :) All the best and we hope to see you again one day!
- AAniaWritten on November 20, 20165.0 - ExcellentWe went on a seven day tour of the North Island of New Zealand. My husband and I have never been on a bus tour like this, but Haka Tours far exceeded all of our expectations. It was a fantastic road trip through a beautiful landscape with strangers who quickly became our friends. We really like the concept behind Haka Tours, and our tour guides, Katie and Si, were both excellent. They were super friendly and extremely knowledgeable! Haka took care of getting us from place to place and chose the accommodations, but each person in our group had a lot of freedom in deciding what they wanted to do at each of the places where we traveled. Since we were on a bus with a small group of people that allowed us to get to know each other, and on some days we all chose the same activities. On other days, we would split up and some of us would do one thing while others chose to do something else. Throughout the tour, we stayed at hostels, which were not super luxurious, but all of them were very comfortable and clean. At each place, Katie and Si gave us a choice of activities that we could do on the given day. They made sure that we all got to do what we wanted, so if there was any specific activity that one of us wanted to do that was not mentioned, they made sure that they could accommodate all of us. We got to do a lot of activities and enjoyed all of them. We went sea kayaking in Coromandel and black water rafting through a cave in Waitomo; we got to see and walk around the Hobbiton set; we soaked in a natural hot spring; and we went on a couple of bushwalks where we got to see some amazing scenery. We also spend an evening learning about Maori culture in Rotorua and we got to make our own souvenir tiki pendant out of bone. We loved every day on our tour and would gladly do it again. NZ is absolutely stunning and Haka Tours is the best tour you can take to see it. A big THANK YOU to Katie and Si for making sure we enjoyed every minute of our trip! We can't wait to come back to see the South Island!Show detailed ratingsHaka Tours commented on this reviewThanks Ania, for your kind words. We are so happy you had a wonderful time in New Zealand and we can't wait to show you more. :)
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1 Auckland to Coromandel
- Day 2 Coromandel to Waitomo
- Day 3 Waitomo to Rotorua
- Day 4 Rotorua to Taupo
- Day 5 Taupo
- Day 6 Taupo to Wellington
- Day 7 Wellington
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Experience the very best of the North Island of NZ
- Ultime Travel Guide: New Zealand
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- March 1, 2017
What items on the posted itinerary are included in the price?
The North Island Adventure tour has the following inclusions:
-Transport, breakfast and accommodation (max 6 share, upgrades available)
-Passionate Kiwi Guide
-Maori Cultural experience in the Coromandel and Rotorua
-Traditional Maori ‘Hangi’ (food cooked using heated rocks buried in an underground oven)
-Explore an extraordinary geyser land with candy coloured water and geothermal activity at Wai-O-Tapu Thermal Wonderland
-Carve your own ‘Tiki’ pendant from bone
-Stunning cliff top walk to Cathedral Cove, which you might recognise from the Chronicles of Narnia
-Soak in a natural hot pool in the forest
The other activities, such as zip lining, skydiving and rafting are all optional so that everyone can choose what they would like to do. Therefore they are not included in the price.
- February 1, 2017
What is the size of the allowed luggage size on this trip?
We usually allow up to 21kgs per person.
- October 4, 2016
What is your average age?
The average age is late twenties to mid thirties, but we get a really wide range and it varies with every tour.
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Lynne5th September 2017
North Island Adventure Tour
- Upcoming departures
- October 2017
- November 2017
- December 2017
- January 2018
- February 2018
- March 2018
- April 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- October 2018
- November 2018
- December 2018
- January 2019
- February 2019
- March 2019
- MondayOct 2, 2017from AucklandSundayOct 8, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$97Price$992-10%USD $89610+ spaces left
- SaturdayOct 7, 2017from AucklandFridayOct 13, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$97Price$992-10%USD $89610+ spaces left
- MondayOct 16, 2017from AucklandSundayOct 22, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$97Price$992-10%USD $89610+ spaces left
- WednesdayOct 25, 2017from AucklandTuesdayOct 31, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$97Price$992-10%USD $89610+ spaces left
- SaturdayNov 4, 2017from AucklandFridayNov 10, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
- TuesdayNov 7, 2017from AucklandMondayNov 13, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
- ThursdayNov 16, 2017from AucklandWednesdayNov 22, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
- SaturdayNov 18, 2017from AucklandFridayNov 24, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
- SundayNov 26, 2017from AucklandSaturdayDec 2, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
- MondayNov 27, 2017from AucklandSundayDec 3, 2017in WellingtonOur saving$100Price$1,029-10%USD $92910+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- DollarNew Zealand
Plugs & Adapters
- Auckland is the starting point and Wellington is the endpoint.
- Your money is safe with TourRadar, as we only pay the tour operator after your tour has departed.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of 20% to confirm this Haka Tours booking. The remaining balance is then payable 60 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 20 November 2017 the full payment of $896 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $896 for North Island Adventure Tour, but the deposit of 20% is non-refundable. If you cancel via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- Some departure dates and prices may vary and Haka Tours will contact you with any discrepancies before your booking is confirmed.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Haka Tours : Visa - Master Card - American Express
- Auckland (New Zealand)
- 66 km
- Coromandel (New Zealand)
- 170 km
- Waitomo Caves (New Zealand)
- 100 km
- Rotorua (New Zealand)
- 63 km
- Taupo (New Zealand)
- 310 km
- Wellington (New Zealand)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $896 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 869 tours in Australia/Oceania
- covered by 52 different operators in Australia/Oceania
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 60 days prior to the departure date. If you cancel your booking for North Island Adventure Tour via TourRadar the standard cancellation policy applies.
- 6,212 travellers have already met
before they left for their Australia/Oceania tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 2 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on North Island Adventure Tour