- Our saving
- US $ 1,709
- Explore the streets of Rhine Valley
- Sample brews in Munich
- See the beauty of the Alps
- Walk the winding canals of Venice
- Age range
- 18 to 39 year olds
- Coach / Bus
- Physical Rating
- Rather Poor
- AHAndrewWritten on June 27, 20174.0 - GoodThe trip was good. The tour guide was great and very helpful. The hotels were of varying quality from 2-4 stars. One thing that I didn't account for and I think people need to be aware of is travel time. Some days you don't get into the city until mid afternoon.Show detailed ratings
- DDanielWritten on March 18, 20173.0 - AverageSaw very little of lots of places. Too much bus time not enough to explore each location. Poor itinerary would recommend tour with at least 2 nights in each location.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewHi Daniel, We are sorry to hear that some of the accommodation options and meals on this trip did not meet your expectations. We would love to hear from you and identify the accommodation properties you were not happy with along with the places the meals did not meet your expectations. Feel free to contact our team at firstname.lastname@example.org who will be able to assist you further. Many Thanks Team Topdeck
- CCCarissaWritten on December 18, 20164.0 - GoodI did an 11 day trip in Europe! Visiting places I had never been to before, Jonny was the perfect tour leader! He had great knowledge but more important he was fun! He made the trip what it was and I will have lasting memories! Thank you!Show detailed ratings
- RTRebeccaWritten on May 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis trip was exactly what I wanted and expected-Thank you! The trip enabled me to see 9 countries in 12 days around Europe. This gave me a taste of the different countries and I felt I had the right amount of time in each. I went on the trip alone, which I was scared about at first but, after day one, I had made friends and settled in well with the group. Joel Watts our tour leader and Pistol Pete, the coach driver, helped us to feel comfortable and feel like ‘one big family’. The coach drive was long on days (the longest being 12 hours), however, the time went very quickly. Joel arranged games, quizzes and films for the journey, all relating to the trip. This enabled me to make friends within the group and not notice the length of the journey. Joel was a brilliant trip leader, he ensured we all enjoyed our time and made sure we were confident with the map. Joel was very helpful with places to eat and drink and was fine with us following him around places when we were all unsure where we were. Joel’s tour information was very interesting, educational, and talked about subjects we were all interested in. Pistol Pete was very polite and kind on our trip and joined us for meals when he could. Overall the trip was an amazing experience. I felt safe with the group as an alone traveller, saw the most fantastic and beautiful places in such a short length of time. Thank you!Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Rebecca. We are glad you enjoyed your solo trip with our crew Joel and Pistol. The trip it certainly a good taste of Europe when you are on tight schedule. Hope to see you again soon. ~Topdeck.
- ArmonieWritten on May 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentI wanted to get away very last minute, however was anxious about travelling on my own and also couldn't decide which country to go to. Having done a bit of research, I decided topdeck would be great option - you have a Trip leader, are in a group of people, and get to see a wide range of countries in a very short space of time. I booked on the Thursday and the trip was on the followung Tuesday so it was a very quick turnaround. If you're travelling solo, my advice to you is not to worry about a thing - you are in a group of people that you spend so much time with that you make friends instantly. Our tour guide, Joel, instantly put the group at ease, he was always light-hearted and approachable as well as knowing his stuff about every city. I feel like without him, everyone would have been a bit lost so he definitely made this trip the amazing trip it was! The driver, Pete (or as we knew him, Pistol), was not only an amazing driver but was also so friendly and made us feel comfortable and welcome. I'be never really been fussed about the level of accommodation, and wasn't initially planning on going on a hotel trip as I am happy staying in hostels, however it has to be said that the standard of the accommodation on this tour was exceptional, with breakfast every morning, clean bedrooms with ensuites. As someone who loves to drink, this tour is great for that. Although it wasn't peak season when we went, and our group had more of a calm vibe, with quite a few couples, there was still opportunities to go out with other members of the group and down a few. I think the tour is really what you make of it - if you're not really a partyer then you by all means have the opportunity to do some more sightseeing or go back to the hotel when you please. Although you only get very limited amount of time in each destination, you still manage to see an awful lot since your Trip leader gives a detailed tour, as well as giving you time to shop or see some other things independently. An added bonus is some nights we had dinner included which was a lovely way to chat to people and try some local cuisine. My only regret about this tour was not staying longer (I had to leave earlier than the rest of the people on the tour as I had to go to work), not only was it really hard to say bye, but also getting their updates from the following countries/cities made me insanely jealous. I could not recommend topdeck enough! It has taught me a lot about travelling alone and I would definitely suggest it to anyone that wants to travel solo but needs a bit of guidance first. I had an amazing time, saw some beautiful places, tried some lovely food/beer/wine, and met wonderful people.Show detailed ratings
- DDanielleWritten on April 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe tour was so much fun, great value for the time and money spent. Though most of that was down to the crew and in particular Hugh. He kept everyone entertained, in great spirits, and where we should be at the right time! His knowledge was outstanding and his communication of that knowledge was even better - really complicated stuff put into really simple terms and heaps of fun, quirky facts too! Would recommend the tour and any tour led by Hugh! Thanks again for being bloody awesome :)Show detailed ratings
- MMikaelaWritten on April 20, 20164.5 - ExcellentHugh was an amazing tour guide! He had vast knowledge on every place on the tour we went. I think that it would be hard fitting so much content and amazing places in a short 12 days but he did an incredible job! I hope next with the next topdeck tour I do I have someone just as good as Hugh. Thanks again for an awesome experienceShow detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThank you Mikaela, until next time! ~ Topdeck.
- SSianWritten on April 19, 20164.0 - GoodVery faced paced but an excellent tour. Met some great people. The crew were fantastic. Constantly felt exhausted with a different country everyday, although we got to see so much in such little time. Will choose topdeck again however a slower paced tour.Show detailed ratingsTopdeck commented on this reviewThanks Sian. It's always great to meet new people while getting a chance to be in a new country every couple days. Have a look at our Explorer trips next time you travel with us. ~ Topdeck.
- WWWillWritten on April 19, 20165.0 - ExcellentReally good, would definey do it again had an awesome time, great group and and guides,Show detailed ratings
- BethanyWritten on February 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis Topdeck tour was my first time in Europe, and was a great way to see a large part of a continent that I'd never been to. After this tour, my friends and I booked another tour with Topdeck for the following summer. These tours made me feel comfortable being away from home and travelling to places I've never been. It taught me the skills to travel by myself and understand how to get around with nobody holding my hand. This is all thanks to Vic, my first tour guide on my first Topdeck tour. She was so knowledgeable and fun. She made the trip so enjoyable, and this in turn turned me into a travelaholic. She is the best tour guide I've ever had. I definitely recommend booking a tour with her if possible.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London, England to Amsterdam, Netherlands
- Day 2: Amsterdam
- Day 3: Amsterdam to Rhine Valley, Germany
- Day 4: Rhine Valley to Munich
- Day 5: Munich to Venice, Italy
- Day 6: Venice to Rome
- Day 7: Rome including Vatican City visit
- Day 8: Rome to Florence
- Day 9: Florence to Lucerne, Switzerland
- Day 10: Lucerne to Paris, France
- Day 11: Paris
- Day 12: Paris to London, England
AccommodationRated Good by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Europe: Experience the Magic of Europe
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Does this include accommodation?
Yes, this tour includes accommodation.
- September 1, 2016
Can I start the tour in Paris? Would it be any cheaper if I did that?
Yes, you can join this tour in Paris. Unfortunately, it does not affect the tour price.
- July 15, 2016
Is this tour suitable for a couple in their 50s (who will be travelling with their adult children)?
This tour is operated by Topdeck and they operate tours for travellers between ages 18 to 39. They are geared towards active, budget-minded young travellers who want to meet other people from all over the world, and tend to be very popular with students and backpackers.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Work hard, play hard, be kind, travel, travel, travel some more.....oh and always try the local food..."
- "Hi! I'm Elise and I've been working for Topdeck for a few years now. I'm absolutely addicted to Europe..."
- "Hey guys, I am Hugh, a trip leader/tour guide with Topdeck. If you have done a tour with me it would..."
- ""Not all those who wander are lost" From an early age I was always the "wanderer",..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gemma, 31 years old7th April 2017
- Upcoming departures
- April 2018
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- TuesdayApr 3, 2018from LondonSaturdayApr 14, 2018in LondonOur saving$290Price$1,999-15%USD $1,709Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayApr 17, 2018from LondonSaturdayApr 28, 2018in LondonOur saving$290Price$1,999-15%USD $1,709Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from LondonSaturdayMay 12, 2018in LondonOur saving$290Price$1,999-15%USD $1,709Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from LondonSaturdayMay 26, 2018in LondonOur saving$317Price$2,189-15%USD $1,871Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 22, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 2, 2018in LondonOur saving$317Price$2,189-15%USD $1,871Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 9, 2018in LondonOur saving$317Price$2,189-15%USD $1,871Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 16, 2018in LondonOur saving$317Price$2,189-15%USD $1,871Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 23, 2018in LondonOur saving$317Price$2,189-15%USD $1,871Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from LondonSaturdayJun 30, 2018in LondonOur saving$345Price$2,379-15%USD $2,034Based on Double10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from LondonSaturdayJul 7, 2018in LondonOur saving$345Price$2,379-15%USD $2,034Based on Double10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Netherlands , Germany and Italy
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Germany and Switzerland. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Start and end in London.
- Max group size
- 48 is the maximum group size for Essential Europe.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Topdeck to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Topdeck booking. The remaining balance is then payable 47 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 7 November 2017 the full payment of $1,709 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $1709 for Essential Europe, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Topdeck tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 43 km
- Calais (France)
- 262 km
- Amsterdam (Netherlands)
- 669 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 394 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 232 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 431 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 488 km
- Paris (France)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $1,709 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,100 tours in Europe
- covered by 161 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 47 days prior to the departure date.
- 310 travellers have already met
before they left for Essential Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 23 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Essential Europe