Road to Athens
- Our saving
- US $ 3,316
- Explore Parisian quartiers
- Be impressed by the Swiss Alps
- Enjoy pizza and pasta in Rome
- Party on the Greek Islands
- Age range
- 18 to 35 year olds
- Hotel, Berth / Cabin
- Max Group Size
- Coach / Bus, Ferry
- Rather Poor
- GGwynnethWritten on December 9, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip was better than expected! It was easy to get to place a to b without feeling unsafe and confident where you are! The staff went above and beyond meaning we all had the time of our livesShow detailed ratings
- EEmmaWritten on December 9, 20165.0 - ExcellentThis was my first Contiki and it was amazing, I have always wanted to travel to Europe and it was a great way to see all the major sights and pack as much in in a short period of time. Kassie was very knowledgable and organised everything and made us all feel welcome, I would definitely love to have her as my guide for my next trip.Show detailed ratings
- JKJessicaWritten on December 4, 20165.0 - ExcellentI had the most amazing experience on my trip with Kassie Jones as our tour guide. It was my first trip overseas except for Bali and I was quite anxious even travelling with my husband. Having Kassie as our guide made our trip! She was always so helpful and she always made me feel safe; I trusted her with my life. She even told some funny jokes along the way. What was so amazing was that she would explain everything in so much detail, show us the beautiful highlights of every city we stopped at and also gave us a little language lesson. To be honest I don't know if I want to go on another tour without her she was great! I highly recommend her for anyones future tours :)Show detailed ratings
- ESEleniWritten on December 3, 20164.5 - ExcellentThe trip exceeded my expectations. The tour group was fantastic and Kassie, the perfect leader.Show detailed ratings
- MMeaganWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentI cannot say enough good things about Kassie! She is exactly the type of person you want to be your tour manager - she is knowledgeable, organized, responsible, and so much fun. She seemed to know everything and everyone wherever we went - I would trust her to take me anywhere.Show detailed ratings
- LWLilWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentThe Road to Athens trip exceeded all my expectations. I had the time of my life and an integral part of that was Kassie Jones. She was the most incredible tour manager, making everything easy for us by being well-organised and well-informed. She hung out with all of us and showed us the highlights of each city and created a tight knit Contiki family. Would recommend her to any person going on Contiki!Show detailed ratings
- LSLachlanWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - Excellenthaving been on a contiki trip before, I had a good idea of what I should expect out of my trip manager. But from the word go Kassie was extremely welcoming and easy to approach, and she far exceeded I believe the whole groups expectations when it came to going out of her way to keep everyones trip flowing on a good note. Kassie truly knows her way around the locations that she travels and gives an unbiased opinion on what she would recommend for indivuals or groups to see based on their interests.Show detailed ratings
- MMckenzieWritten on December 3, 20165.0 - ExcellentIT WAS AMAZING! Kassie was the best tour guide ever, truely amazing experienceShow detailed ratings
- RRhysWritten on August 5, 20165.0 - ExcellentLuce made the whole Contiki so much better than what I was expecting. Her in depth knowledge and personal touches through personally made bucket lists for each city showed she really cares about people getting the most out of travelling. Everywhere we went we were told that Luce was 'the best in the business', and she by far exceeded the expectation. Luce was honest from the start and told us exactly what to expect. She allowed us to have the best experience possible, and makes us wish we could have her on every tour in the future.Show detailed ratings
- BHBrookeWritten on August 2, 20164.0 - GoodMy trip definitely exceeded my expectations. Our tour guide was fantastic- she was very inviting and made the tour very easy going and enjoyable. The accommodation and bus was great. There wasnt much i could fault with this trip.Show detailed ratings
ItineraryDownload PDF Brochure
- Day 1: London to Paris
- Day 2: Paris
- Day 3: Paris to Lucerne
- Day 4: Lucerne to Munich
- Day 5: Munich to Austrian Tyrol
- Day 6: Austrian Tyrol
- Day 7: Austrian Tyrol to Venice
- Day 8: Venice
- Day 9: Venice to Florence
- Day 10: Florence
- Day 11: Florence to Rome
- Day 12: Rome
- Day 13: Rome to Corfu
- Day 13 - 15: Corfu
- Day 16: Corfu to Athens
- Day 17: Depart Athens
AccommodationRated Excellent by past passengers
GuideRated Excellent by past passengers
MealsRated Excellent by past passengers
TransportRated Excellent by past passengers
- Optional Extras
- Discovery Plus:see it all & do it all with Contiki
- Western Europe Travel Guide
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions about this tour.
- May 1, 2017
Is It possible to end the journey in Naples and not go to Greece?
Yes, you are able to leave and start the tour whenever you like at your own will. However, this does not change the price.
- December 1, 2016
Is it possible to start this tour in Paris?
It is possible to start this tour in Paris, just bear in mind you will not be refunded the unused services.
- September 1, 2016
Are teens under 18 allowed?
This tour operator is quite strict with their age minimum. In rare circumstances they will allow a 17 year old who is near to their 18th birthday to travel, if they are with someone who is within the age bracket for Contiki 18-35 years old.
If this trip isn't quite what you were looking for, we still have plenty of fantastic tours. Get in contact with us and our customer support team will work on pairing you with the perfect adventure.
Guides who have led this tour
- "Hi everyone, I am a happy and enthusiastic Dane, who loves showing the beauty of Scandinavia and Europe..."
- "Hi I am Chloe. I packed my suitcase two years ago to lead a life on the road and two years later here..."
- "Hey everyone, I have been working for Contiki for 7 years as a tour manager and also briefly as a driver...."
- "Growing up in the most isolated city in the world, it was like a right of passage to travel half way..."
What are people saying about TourRadar?
- Gim Yang, 33 years old26th February 2017
Road to Athens
- Upcoming departures
- May 2018
- June 2018
- July 2018
- August 2018
- September 2018
- TuesdayMay 1, 2018from LondonThursdayMay 17, 2018in AthensOur saving$175PriceUSD $3,316Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 15, 2018from LondonThursdayMay 31, 2018in AthensOur saving$179PriceUSD $3,398Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayMay 29, 2018from LondonThursdayJun 14, 2018in AthensOur saving$183PriceUSD $3,479Based on Triple Room
- TuesdayJun 5, 2018from LondonThursdayJun 21, 2018in AthensOur saving$183PriceUSD $3,479Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 12, 2018from LondonThursdayJun 28, 2018in AthensOur saving$183PriceUSD $3,479Based on Triple Room
- TuesdayJun 19, 2018from LondonThursdayJul 5, 2018in AthensOur saving$187PriceUSD $3,561Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJun 26, 2018from LondonThursdayJul 12, 2018in AthensOur saving$187PriceUSD $3,561Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- SundayJul 1, 2018from LondonTuesdayJul 17, 2018in AthensOur saving$187PriceUSD $3,561Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 3, 2018from LondonThursdayJul 19, 2018in AthensOur saving$187PriceUSD $3,561Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
- TuesdayJul 10, 2018from LondonThursdayJul 26, 2018in AthensOur saving$187PriceUSD $3,561Based on Triple Room10+ spaces left
Monthly price comparison
About the countries
- Pound sterlingEngland
- EuroFrance , Germany , Italy and Greece
Plugs & Adapters
- Tick-borne encephalitis
- Recommended for Switzerland and Germany. Ideally 6 months before travel.
- Hepatitis A
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 weeks before travel.
- Hepatitis B
- Recommended for Greece. Ideally 2 months before travel.
- London is the starting point and Athens is the endpoint.
- Hold my space
- TourRadar can request Contiki to hold spaces for you for up to 48 hours without any credit card details.
- TourRadar only requires a deposit of $200 to confirm this Contiki booking. The remaining balance is then payable 45 days prior to the departure date. For any tour departing before 9 November 2017 the full payment of $3,316 is necessary.
- Cancellation policy
- No additional cancellation fees! You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date and you will not need to pay the full amount of $3316 for Road to Athens, but the deposit of $200 is non-refundable.
- Credit Cards
- The following cards are accepted for Contiki tours: Visa - Master Card - American Express
- London (England)
- 109 km
- Dover (England)
- 263 km
- Paris (France)
- 488 km
- Lucerne (Switzerland)
- 273 km
- Munich (Germany)
- 305 km
- Venice (Italy)
- 244 km
- Pisa (Italy)
- 69 km
- Florence (Italy)
- 232 km
- Rome (Italy)
- 189 km
- Naples (Italy)
Why book with TourRadar
- Best Price Guarantee
- If you book with TourRadar and within 24 hours you find a better price than $3,316 for the same tour, TourRadar will pay you the difference
- Safely book online
- All your details are safely protected by a secure connection
- 6,223 tours in Europe
- covered by 162 different operators in Europe
- No Cancellation Fee
- TourRadar does not charge any additional cancellation fees. You can cancel the tour up to 45 days prior to the departure date.
- 28,054 travellers have already met
before they left for their Europe tour
Download TourRadar Meet App
- 39 Genuine Reviews
- All reviews are verified from travellers who went on Road to Athens