- Hop-on Hop-off - flexible, safe, hassle-free travel
- Stray travel passes are valid for 12 months
- Visit destinations off the beaten track
- Great guides and great people!
179 Stray Asia Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4 / 5
- 5 / 5
- JosephDong Pass (Vietnam Northbound)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on January 13, 2017Did the Dong pass and had a great time exploring Vietnam. Our guide Long was amazing, super nice and went above and beyond to make sure we were safe and taken c...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for your review Joseph! Awesome to hear you had a great time with Long :)
- JamieKhmer Flexi Tour (Cambodia) (from Siem Reap to Phnom Penh)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on December 19, 2016Did the flexi pass through Cambodia and had the wonderful Tong as my tour guide the whole way! Really such a friendly, helpful knowledgable guy that made our Ca...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for the great review Jamie! We're glad you enjoyed your Stray adventure in Cambodia. We hope to see you again!
- mariaDong Pass (Vietnam Northbound)4.0 - GoodWritten on December 15, 2016A good bustrip with a very sweet guide to help us. Sometimes very long bus hours.Stray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for your review! Yes the bus trips can get tiring with Vietnam being such a long country. We hope you got the chance to hop off and relax at some of our great Vietnam destinations like Bai Xep or Hoi An!
- AndersDong Pass (Vietnam Northbound)4.0 - GoodWritten on December 15, 2016Our guide Was great helped us every Day to get a 5 People room. The booked activities were also great. We got help to book a Tour to Sapa, but Unfortunatel I be...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for your review and your nice feedback about your guide Long!
- CasperDong Pass (Vietnam Northbound)4.0 - GoodWritten on December 15, 2016We had a great trip except from that the weather was i bit bad. Our acomodation was good and was pretty cheap. Our guide, long was great at healping us getting ...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for your review Casper!
- LauraLot Flexi Tour (Thailand,Laos,Cambodia,Vietnam)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on December 11, 2016I have had an amazing experience, and couldn't have asked for better guides, they have mad my trip even more special, thank you soo much!!Stray Asia commented on this reviewThank you for leaving a review Laura! We're glad you had a great time :)
- MickPagoda Pass (Myanmar) (from Yangon to Mandalay)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on December 1, 2016Checking out the temples at Bagan on a scooter, cruising around Inle Lake, crashing a Burmese wedding in Mandalay and the friendly people were all highlights. O...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThanks for your review Mick! Sounds like you had a great time in Myanmar travelling with La :) thanks for choosing Stray Asia.
- michelLot Pass (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on November 26, 2016Yes the tour was exactly what I expectedStray Asia commented on this reviewCheers Michel! We like to know we're delivering on expectations. Hopefully we exceeded them too :) we aim for unforgettable experiences!
- BLot Pass (Thailand, Laos, Cambodia, Vietnam)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 21, 2016We purchased the Lot Pass and I thoroughly enjoyed my trip with Stray Asia. We enjoyed the opportunity to hop-on and off and we did this six...Read moreStray Asia commented on this reviewThank you so much for your review and for travelling with us! We hope to see you again soon.
Stray Asia Tours
About Stray Asia
Stray Asia videos
- Stray - Southeast Asia and New Zealand
- Stray Asia: "I want to Stray"
- Stray Vietnam: Getting off the beaten track
- Stray Myanmar: Off the beaten track
- Stray Laos: Off the beaten track
- Show more...
- Stray Cambodia: Off the beaten track
- Stray Thailand: Beyond the beaches
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFeesLearn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it!Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits.Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Is accommodation included with the pass?
The cost of accommodation is not included in our hop-on hop-off passes. Your Tour Leader can recommend and book accommodation for each night - alternatively you have the option to research and arrange your own accommodation. Prices vary depending on location and season but expect to pay from US$5 for a shared room to US$24 for a twin or double (up to US$60 for top end private rooms in the main cities). Our preferred accommodation is usually in guest houses – but in some remote stops we use traditional-style home stays. Please note this is Southeast Asia and we have to be prepared for anything, including alterations to preferred accommodation options.
How much money should I budget for per day?
We suggest you bring up to US$25 each day for food and entertainment.
Is travel insurance required?
There is no travel insurance cover included in the price of a Stray pass but adequate and valid travel insurance is compulsory to travel with us.
What should I pack?
Light clothes for the wet season (May – Oct) and something warm for the dry season (Nov – Mar), especially for the north of Laos and Thailand; a good travel medical kit supplied by a doctor (for any inconveniences, dietary or otherwise); your travel insurance details; sunscreen; bug repellent (at least 30% deet content); girls - a sarong for swimming in remote areas, local culture requires modesty; a poncho or light raincoat (it can rain even in the dry season in the north), shoes/trainers for walking, a roll of toilet paper and hand sanitizer is always good, and of course, a sense of adventure!
What's the average age of travelers?
Our average age is late 20s, BUT Stray is not about age, it's a mind set. If you enjoy being active and meeting people you are right for Stray
Do I need to be very fit for the tour?
You don’t have to be an athlete to travel with us – all walks and activities are optional and there is something for everyone.
Can I travel alone?
Absolutely, that's the beauty of small group travel. You will make friends quickly and your Tour Guide will become a good source of support to you along the way too!
How many people travel in a group usually?
The majority of our hop-on hop-off tour groups consist of between 10 and 15 people, with a maximum of 24 (including driver and Tour Guides). Having a small group size not only means we can offer a more personalised service, but it also gives us access to more destinations, activity and accommodation options.