- Award winning tours of Ireland and Northern Ireland
- Passionate, local Irish guides
- Operating since 1999
- Trips to suit all budgets and timeframes
Shamrocker Adventures Guides
71 Shamrocker Adventures Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- KaylieSt Pats All Ireland5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 8, 2017amazing tour! had so much fun and learnt so much! would highly recommend booking with these guys! ireland is incredible!
- MBMaddisonCeltic Rocker (Dorm)4.0 - GoodWritten on March 26, 2017Amazing experience was absolutely speechless of this beautiful country. Great hostels except one did not have wifi in bedroom which was a pain. Overall amazing …Read moreShamrocker Adventures commented on this reviewHi Maddison, we are delighted to hear that you had such an amazing tour with Bex. We will pass your kind words to her. Thank you for taking the time to post this lovely review. Jamie.
- PamCeltic Rocker (Dorm)4.5 - ExcellentWritten on February 19, 2017Recommend this trip to anyone! The sites,landscape & history were amazing!!!
- MichaelSouthern Rocker (Dorm)4.0 - GoodWritten on January 31, 2017While it's not exactly aimed at the younger set, because you'll see all of the same things as on a tour for an older crowd, definitely make sure you can keep up…Read moreShamrocker Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, we're delighted to hear you had such a great time on tour, thanks for taking the time to post a review :)
- BEBritainiSouthern Rocker (Dorm)5.0 - ExcellentWritten on November 15, 2016This trip was beyond awesome add I would highly recommend it to everyone! Kim was fabulous!Shamrocker Adventures commented on this reviewHi there, Thank s for the fantastic review, we're delighted to hear you great time with Kim! The Shamrocker Team.
Shamrocker Adventures Tours
- Southern Rocker (Dorm) 3 daysStarts DublinEnds Dublin$293
- All Ireland Rocker (Dorm) 7 daysStarts DublinEnds Dublin$705
- Celtic Rocker (Dorm) 5 daysStarts DublinEnds Dublin$538
About Shamrocker Adventures
Shamrocker Adventures videos
- Shamrocker Adventures St Patrick's Day Video
- Shamrocker Intro
- Shamrocker Adventure
Why Shamrocker Adventures
All That Ireland Has To Offer
100% Irish Guides
Shamrocker Adventures Benefits
Authentic, Local Experinces
Details Taken Care Of
Shamrocker Adventures Guides
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Shamrocker Adventures Story & History
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
Does Shamrocker offer student discounts?
Yes, if travellers hold an ISIC, ISE or ITIC card. This should be made clear at the time of booking so the discount will be applied and travellers need to show this card when they check-in.
Is tipping compulsory on the tour?
No, tipping is not compulsory. Shamrocker leaves it to each traveller to give tips as they feel appropriate.
Is it possible for Shamrocker to store any excess luggage while I am on tour?
No, Shamrocker does not have luggage storage facilities but these may be available at the hostel.
What is the luggage restrictions on the tour?
Each passenger can bring one standard piece of luggage up to a maximum weight of 15kg that is composed of a standard 60 litre backpack or a medium holdall or suitcase. If the luggage is in excess of this allowance, passengers may be asked to leave it behind in secure storage. In addition, a standard daypack may be carried on the coach provided it can fit in the luggage rack or under the seat.
Is it possible to travel with friends if booking is done separately?
Since there are sometimes more than one departure each day, it is not guaranteed that friends will be on the same bus if bookings are made separately. Please get in touch with us, we are happy to help book you and your friends together.
Are there solo travellers on the tour?
Yes, while there are couples and friends travelling together, every tour has plenty of solo travellers.
How much time is spent off the bus everyday?
There is lots of time allowed for exploration. Shamrocker guides will take you for walks, let you explore old ruins and ancient sites, recount local myths, tall tales and explain to you the region and areas often tumultuous history.
What is the age restrictions of the tour?
Majority of Shamrocker passengers are between 18 to 35 years old. The minimum age on all tours is 18 and no maximum age is set as long as travellers are reasonably fit.
What is the departure and arrival time of the tour?
Check-in for all our tours is at 8.15am at the Shamrocker Adventures office. Tours will usually return to the office around 5.30pm.
Do travellers need to bring a sleeping bag or towel?
All hostels provide linen but it is a good idea to bring a towel although some hostels do rent them. A sleeping bag is not required.