As the multi-day tour sector grows within the US$2 trillion dollar travel industry, it is imperative that the next generation of tour operators, travel agents, tour guides and travel marketers have the skills, experience and knowledge to be able to drive this industry forward. Here at TourRadar, we understand the importance of education, but also value the competence of thinking outside the box, getting first hand knowledge and learning from the best - those with proven experience.
The TourRadar Travel Scholarship is an award offered to students all over the globe who are currently enrolled in travel related tertiary education courses. The scholarship is designed to assist students who are passionate about the travel industry, while allowing them to gain priceless experience, industry knowledge, and help further their education.
Recipient of the Scholarship Will Receive
- USD$1,000 grant to assist with student expenses such as travel related conferences or events, books and more
- USD$1,000 travel voucher for TourRadar to be used towards any tour on TourRadar
- One week work experience in a TourRadar office of your choice (Vienna, Austria, Brisbane, Australia or Toronto, Canada) to gain an understanding of how an online travel agent and startup works
- One week work experience in the G Adventures Head office in Toronto, Canada
- One week on tour with a G Adventures CEO to see the life “on the road” and understanding what it is like to work for one of the worlds biggest tour operators!
- Your video will be prominently featured across the TourRadar social media accounts (200,000+) and through the TourRadar weekly newsletter
To apply for the TourRadar Travel Scholarship, you will submit a video featuring a single destination. You are to think how a tour guide would think and feature your local town, city or your favourite place you’ve traveled to. All videos must
- Give an overview of the destination, reasons people would want to travel there and what the highlights of the area are
- Show your enthusiasm for the destination with yourself being featured in the video
- Ascertain a certain quality. We are not looking for professional videos, but production quality will be taken into consideration, alongside quality of information
- Be between 2 minutes 30 seconds and 3 minutes in length
You will also submit an essay (400 words maximum) explaining how you will use the scholarship award to further your education and experience within the travel industry.
Please note, that we do not require applications to feature exotic or far away destinations. We are making this scholarship open to all, so featuring your local town, suburb or city within the above requirements will not be any disadvantage.
- All applicants must be enrolled full-time in an accredited tertiary education institution.
- The scholarship is open to bachelor, vocational or master level students studying travel or tourism (or equivalent courses).
- Application Period: 1 August 2015 to 30 April 2016.
- Award winner will be notified in writing on or before 1 June 2016.
- Applicants must be able to show they are currently attending a tertiary education institution.
How to Apply
Name: Your full name and year of birth.
Study: The name of your accredited educational institution and qualification being studied.
University: The name of the University you’re studying at
Contact: Your email and phone number.
Submission: An original video featuring a destination of your choice as outlined in the challenge above, and an essay (max 400 words) explaining how you will use the award to further your education and experienceApply now
Travel Scholarship Committee
This is the team of the Travel Scholarship Committee that will be judging all applications that meet the above requirements for the scholarship. Their decision on the winning submission will be final.
- G Adventures guide
- G Adventures Office Representitive
- TourRadar Head Scholarship Manager
- TourRadar Representative