No Roads Expeditions
Headquarters in Sandringham, Australia
4.9/5 - Excellent
See all tours
- Passionate travelers crafting unique itineraries
- Run all our own tours - you deal with the actual operator
- Fully guided and supported throughout your trip
- All inclusive including entry fees, internal flights, transfers and more
Unlock World Touring Day Sale Unlock up to $600 in extra savings
ends on 30 Jun 2017
29 No Roads Expeditions Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- Value for money
- 5 / 5
- 5 / 5
Looking for a specific tour? 20 No Roads Expeditions toursCheck it out
- RKRaelene5 Day Komodo Kayak5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 3, 2017We went on the 5-day Komodo Kayak tour with No Roads in April 2017. This tour blew my expectations out of the water! Kay…Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks Rae for such glowing words. It was a great trip and we are looking forward to the Orangutans next time (maybe Irene and I might have to come). Thanks Rae!
- RDRonnieKokoda Full Track Schools Village Stay5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 1, 2017I was doing the Kokoda trek with No Roads Expeditions I collapsed but the care from Andrew Johnson (A.J) and…Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks Ronnie for your message. I know it was a tough time for you out there but I am glad that our team rallied behind you. There is so much more to an emergency than just that immediate event. The care after the event for days sometimes is more difficult than the actual emergency. I am glad you are feeling well and maybe you can return to Kokoda one day. Thanks Ronnie.
- Amy10 Day Komodo Kayaker5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 4, 2017Had an amazing time on this tour, highly recommended! The guides were very experienced and able to adapt the itinerary so that we still did everything we wanted…Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Amy, thanks for taking the time to comment on our trip. It is great to hear that you enjoyed your time in the Komodo National Park and appreciated the amended itinerary. It was great to meet you and hopefully we can welcome you again on one of our other trips in the future. All the best and safe travels, Irene
- JSJoseph10 Day Komodo Kayaker5.0 - ExcellentWritten on April 2, 2017One of the best tours I've ever done. Well organised and the team was absolutely fantastic from start to finish. I would recommend this to anyone.No Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewThanks Joseph for taking the time to comment on our trip. So great to hear that you enjoyed it. It was great meeting you and having you on board. Hopefully we can welcome you on one of our other tips in the future. All the best, Irene
- PPeter5 Day Komodo Kayak5.0 - ExcellentWritten on June 13, 2016My wife and I just completed a Komodo kayaking trip with NoRoads and I have to say it was absolutely fantastic. The local team really made a big effort to make …Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Peter thank you so much for the feedback. They are a great team and I will pass on your feedback. It would be great to see your photos if you would like to share that would be great. Drop box is always a good way to do this. Thanks again and we look forward to receiving you and your friends in the future, its a great place to return to. Cheers Irene and Peter
- LJLiz5 Day Komodo Kayak5.0 - ExcellentWritten on May 22, 2016Totally amazing!! Thank you No Roads Team, Mathias and crew - we had the most fabulous and spectacular h…Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Liz and Peter thank you so much for the feedback. We are so glad that you had a great time. We all try very hard to make sure you have an amazing trip. Our crew are amazing and the surroundings really are prehistoric and pristine. We hope we were able to clean up a few beaches along the way. Thanks again and I will pass this information on to the crew.
- JCJackie5 Day Komodo Kayak4.5 - ExcellentWritten on May 14, 2016…om start to finish great experience, we had done a previous trek with No Roads so it was a no brainer to continue our adventures with them. From t…Read moreNo Roads Expeditions commented on this reviewHi Jackie, thanks so much for the great feedback. I will pass this on to the team. I am not sure if you know buy Yub our cook is getting married today. Thanks again Jackie and I look forward to seeing you in the remote some time. Peter Miller
No Roads Expeditions Tours
Asia 10 tours
Australia/Oce... 7 tours
Europe 1 tour
Indonesia 6 tours
About No Roads Expeditions
There are literally hundreds of travel companies on the internet these days. The net allows small companies to have a presence on the web, and for them to compete with large multinational companies. This is great news for them and consumers. Unfortunately, while many of these small companies look great, their services and what they claim they can do for you do not always add up. For many of us, we work hard all year to get away for 2 or 3 weeks. That annual adventure centres our lives, puts life back into perspective and allows us time for just ourselves. It is a vital part of our existence and a time that should not be wasted. That is why it is important to choose the right adventure company, a company that will fulfil your wishes in a conscientious way, so that you can return home rejuvenated, enriched by the experience knowing you have helped yourself and hopefully someone else along the way. No Roads Expeditions is dedicated to achieving these goals for you. The following are some of the reasons why you should choose No Roads expeditions as your operator on your next adventure.
No Roads Expeditions videos
- Secret Trail to Machu Picchu
- Kokoda Track
- Tour du Mont Blanc
- Days in the Komodos
- Trek to Rinjani Summit
- Show more...
- You Can Help in PNG
For many of us, we work hard all year to get away for 2 or 3 weeks. That annual adventure centres our lives, puts life back into perspective and allows us time for just ourselves. It is a vital part of our existence and a time that should not be wasted. That is why it is important to choose the right adventure company, a company that will fulfill your wishes in a conscientious way, so that you can return home rejuvenated, enriched by the experience knowing you have helped yourself and hopefully someone else along the way.
So are you the type of person that thinks about what they spend their money on. Not just from an economic perspective, we all need to do that. We mean, are you the type of person who thinks about where things come from, how they are made, how they impact the environment and how they impact the lives of those who create the product. If so, then we are like minded. Every decision we make, we mean every decision, is thought through on the basis of how it will impact you as our guest, how it will impact the environment and is it socially just. Every person and every aspect in the process of delivering an adventure to you must be positively affected by the transaction. If not, then we change how it is done. We are not perfect and we are always improving the way we do things based on feedback from guests and our local and international teams.
No Roads Expeditions is dedicated to achieving these goals for you. The following are some of the reasons why you should choose No Roads expeditions as your operator on your next adventure.
We Know What We are Talking About!
No Roads Expeditions only offers trips we have first hand experience with. We only offer expeditions that are run professionally by either our own local team or by a local operator that works with No Roads Expeditions to our standards. All these operations are run by registered companies, not fly by night businesses.
We Are The Operator
No Roads Expeditions in Papua New Guinea and Indonesia is the operator. We have direct input into how the trip is run. We have strict environmental, social, cultural and labour policies. For operations we don't not run ourselves, we ensure our local operator abides by these same standards by visiting them each year.
We Are A Licensed Travel Agent
No Roads Expeditions is a Licenced Travel Agent. This means your money is protected under Australian Consumer Law. We are a Member of ATAS and AFTA which regulate how Travel Agents operate in Australia. As a prudent traveler, you should not be giving money to anyone that is not covered by this Licence. Without a Travel Agent you are on your own.
We Are Fully Insured
This is a vitally important point. What happens if you are injured while on expedition? Insurance companies will not honour policies if you travel with an uninsured, unlicensed operator. Even if your operator uses a Travel Agent to make the booking, if the operator you are using is not insured, you are risking your health if you get injured.
No Roads Expeditions is fully insured to the sum of $10,000,000. Don't risk it to save a few hundred dollars!
We Have Unique Itineraries!
Many of the places we visit, no other operator works in the area. Sea Kayaking in the Komodos, sea kayaking in New Ireland PNG, traversing East Timor are but a few that make No Roads Expeditions unique. However, in places where there are other operators such as Gunung Rinjani in Indonesia, the Orangutans in Borneo, Everest in Nepal or Kilimanjaro in Tanzania, No Roads Expeditions prides itself on offering these trips in a unique and unusual way, so that you see another side to the adventure and that you succeed in completing it. For example on Kilimanjaro, we offer Crater Camps so that you will camp inside the crater of Kilimanjaro or on Rinjani, we offer different routes to the summit, or the Orangutans, we will take you to special places and do special activities such as helping with a reforestation program.
We Give Back!
We at No Roads Expeditions believe that travel is not a one way street. While we make a profit from our operations, much of that profit is given back to projects that we believe are worthwhile for the communities we work with. Some of these projects you can participate in directly such as the No Roads to Education program in PNG or by joining an Orangutan trip where part of your fee goes to orangutan adoptions. Behind the scenes, No Roads assists with the No Roads to Health program as well establishing schools in Flores at Weor village. Just as importantly, we pay all our staff above industry rates which directly affects their day to day lives.
We Have A Social, Cultural and Environmental Conscience!
It is vitally important that travel has a positive impact on the social, cultural and environmental aspects of the places we visit. We ensure that when you visit places with us, your presence will help those that live there, that their culture will be respected and that the environment at the very least will not be harmed.
We believe in fair pay for fair work. That is why our local teams are not only paid above market wages (usually these market wages are below standard), but are fed well and equipped well for your expedition. You will see the difference as our teams remain highly motivated and ready to serve you on expedition.
All societies have their own rules, borne out of generations of cultural development. We are not here to change these directly, but to witness them and appreciate them as another form of human existence. While on expedition, we will respect local cultures, those developed out of religion or social norms. We ask you to respect these, as they are no better or worse than our own.
There are many aspects to the issue of the environmental impact of travel. Flying to the destination, accommodation, food preparation and human waste control. Each of these is covered either directly by our own environmental policy or we ask you to assist by for example, offsetting your carbon emissions to get to your destination.
We try to use eco friendly accommodation where possible. Food is bought and prepared locally. We try to use fresh produce as much as possible. All non biodegradable material is packed and brought back to main metropolitan centres for correct disposal.
Human waste is a major problem when traveling. It can impact on the environment directly. We attempt to dispose of this waste as effectively and sensitively as possible. We will inform you on how you can help with this goal. We are currently installing eco toilets along the Kokoda Track in PNG and expect to extend this project throughout our operations in PNG and Indonesia.
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
We are there for you! If you have any questions about this operator, then please don't hesitate to contact us 24/7 and we will get back to you latest within 2 hours!
Compare No Roads Expeditionsvs
No Roads Expeditions vs Nullarbor Travellervs
No Roads Expeditions vs The Rock Tourvs
No Roads Expeditions vs Beach Travellersvs
No Roads Expeditions vs Mulgas Toursvs
No Roads Expeditions vs SpiceRoads Cyclingvs
No Roads Expeditions vs Travel Talkvs
No Roads Expeditions vs the H.O.F.N.A.R. experiencevs
No Roads Expeditions vs Bamba Experiencevs
No Roads Expeditions vs Mosaic Adventurevs
No Roads Expeditions vs Oasis Overland