Icelandic Mountain Guides
Icelandic Mountain Guides ReviewsWrite a review
Icelandic Mountain Guides Tours
- Landmannalaugar - Þórsmörk - 5 day tour 5 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$1,812
- Volcanic Trails 3: The Backroad to Landmannalaugar 4 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$1,169
- Volcanic Trails 2: The Wilderness of Strútur Trail 5 daysStarts ReykjavikEnds Reykjavik$1,524
About Icelandic Mountain Guides
Icelandic Mountain Guides videos
- Golden Circle and Magical Nights
- Greenland Winter Adventure
- Icelandic Mountain Guides Day Tours
- Mt. Gunnbjörn, the highest peak in Greenland
- Oceans, Valleys and Peaks
- Show more...
- Volcanic trails of Iceland - Trekking in the wilderness of the Strutur trail
- Alpine Ski Touring in East Greenland - Remote Peaks of Greenland
- Backcountry Skiing in the Deep Arctic - East Greenland Winter Adventure
- Iceland Winter Adventures with Ice Caves, Northern Lights, Glaciers and Waterfalls
- The Laugavegur Trail - from Landmannalaugar to Þórsmörk
- Iceland Northern Lights and Ice Cave Adventure - winter short break
- Around Iceland With Icelandic Mountain Guides
- Kayaking in Greenland
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
What's the language in Iceland?
The language in Iceland is Icelandic. It is a Nordic language of Germanic origin and related to Scandinavian languages. It is the language of the Vikings and has not changed much over the centuries. English is spoken by almost everyone as well as some European languages.
When should I visit?
Each season has its own charm. The summer remains the most popular season for enjoying the outdoors and different activities. Mid June to mid September offers the biggest selection of organized tours. The fall and winter are a time of lighter traffic, beautiful colors and the amazing northern lights as well as various winter activities. It is also a time of festivals and spending Christmas and New Years in Iceland is a unique experience.
What are the different difficult levels?
Accessible to all people in good health.
Accessible to all those in good health, who are doing some sport regularly, and who are used to all-terrain walks. 4-6 hours walk per day, without much carrying.
Suites those that are physically active and have some background in basic traveling in mountainous terrain with a backpack. 6-7 hrs walks per day.
Demanding some effort and certain endurance. Good health and some hiking experience is required. 6-8 hours walk per day. Often involves carrying your own gear.
Only suitable for people physically and psychologically prepared for highly engaging experience. Expedition level. Often involves carrying your own gear.