Hiking & Trekking Tours/Trips in New Zealand
Find a Hiking & Trekking trip that explores New Zealand. There are 10 tours to choose from, that range in length from 3 days up to 20 days. The most popular month for these tours is March, which has the most tour departures.
10 Hiking & Trekking trips through New Zealand with 35 reviews
Best of Southern Alps Trek (from Christchurch to Queenstown)
6 day hiking & trekking tour through Christchurch, Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook and 4 other destinations in New Zealand
Trekking in New Zealand
20 day hiking & trekking tour through Auckland, Rotorua, Whirinaki Forest Park and 19 other destinations in New Zealand
5 day hiking & trekking tour through Auckland, Whangarei, Russell and 5 other destinations in New Zealand
Gillespie & Rabbit Pass Trek
8 day hiking & trekking tour through Wanaka, Mount Aspiring National Park in New Zealand
Marlborough Sounds and Abel Tasman Trails
7 day hiking & trekking tour through Christchurch, Kaikoura, Picton and 4 other destinations in New Zealand
Tuatapere Hump Ridge Track
4 day hiking & trekking tour through Queenstown, Tuatapere, Fiordland National Park in New Zealand
Mt Aspiring Glacier Expedition
3 day hiking & trekking tour through Wanaka, Mount Aspiring National Park in New Zealand
Ice Climbing Course
5 day hiking & trekking tour in Queenstown, New Zealand
New Zealand Trekking / Alpine Adventure
4 day hiking & trekking tour through Wanaka, Mount Aspiring National Park in New Zealand
Ball Pass Summit Trek
3 day hiking & trekking tour through Lake Tekapo, Mount Cook in New Zealand
- Discover the wild, untamed beauty of the Southern Alps where you can cross high passes, climb peaks, walk on Bonar Glacier or attempt an exhilarating trek up Mt. Aspiring.
- Indulge in a thrilling, multi-activity hiking expedition along the Southern Island’s west coast.
- Hike along Bay of Island’s coastal pathways, climb up the expansive sand dunes of Te Paki and stand under a gigantic kauri tree at Waipoua Forest.
- Hike the challenging Gillespie Rabbit Pass trail and search for the elusive Kea parrot in the alpine region.
- Trek across Ball Ridge above the Tasman Glacier and reach the summit of Kaitiaki Peak to enjoy stunning views of New Zealand’s highest peaks.
- Hike through beech, fern and alpine meadows and enjoy majestic views of the Kaikoura Mountain range.
- Follow the Hump Ridge trail that passes through 1.2 million hectares of Fiordland National Park wilderness.
- Learn to ice-climb at Wye Creek and have fun practising your new skills in the best ice climbing area in the country.
- The weather can be highly unpredictable so wear layered clothing and a windproof jacket.
- Check forecasts for sudden weather changes, you have to postpone an activity due to inclement weather.
- Always be alert as ice and rock can tumble down glaciers at any moment and pathways can get very slippery due to heavy rain.
- Do not attempt to cross rivers during heavy rainfall as water levels can rise rapidly.
- Carry enough clothing, equipment, food and emergency ration to last for a few days.
- Remember to carry your garbage with you as all tracks follow ‘Leave no trace’ principles.
- Stay with your group and avoid breaking trail or wandering away from the designated trail.
- Use a camera flash or torchlight to attract attention at night.