Hiking & Trekking Tours/Trips in Iceland
Find a Hiking & Trekking trip that explores Iceland. There are 28 tours to choose from, that range in length from 3 days up to 14 days. The most popular month for these tours is July, which has the most tour departures.
28 Hiking & Trekking trips through Iceland with 51 reviews
Iceland Northern Lights
"The experience was fantastic. It was a great way to get acquainted with..."
4 Day Northern Lights Winter Package
"Very good touring experience. All the guides were cool and friendly. The 4x4..."
Iceland Walking Explorer
14 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Seljalandsfoss, Thorsmork and 5 other destinations in Iceland
Trekking in Iceland
"Best guide! Friendly. Intelligent. Helpful. Made it a wonderful experience!..."
4 Day Hikers Package
"Wunderschöne Tours Island is ein spannendes..."
Iceland Winter Adventure
5 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Tingvellir, Barnafossar and 5 other destinations in Iceland
5 Day Reykjavík Local Highlights & Northern Lights
5 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Tingvellir, Gullfoss and 4 other destinations in Iceland
8 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Borgarnes, Grabrok and 18 other destinations in Iceland
Walking in Iceland
5 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Laki, Skaftafell, Jökulsárlón Glacier Lagoon, Vik in Iceland
Iceland Glacier and Volcano Challenge - 6 Day Tour
6 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Snaefellsjokull National Park, Thingvellir and 6 other destinations in Iceland
4 Day Northern Lights, Snæfellsnes & Glacier Lagoon
4 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Deildartunguhver, Reykholt and 12 other destinations in Iceland
3 Day Akureyri & Local Highlights
3 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Akureyri, Godafoss and 4 other destinations in Iceland
3 Day Summer Package
3 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Solheimajokull, Skogafoss and 4 other destinations in Iceland
Northern Lights Trek - 4 Day Tour
4 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Tingvellir, Geysir and 6 other destinations in Iceland
Thorsmork Trek - 3 Day Tour - Trekking Behind The Mountains
3 day hiking & trekking tour through Reykjavik, Thorsmork, Fimmvorduhals in Iceland
- Bathe in naturally occurring hot springs pools in the spectacular geothermal zone of Reykjadalur Valley.
- Watch the awe inspiring spectacle of the Northern Lights at Hella.
- Enjoy a fun day hiking the Solheimagokull Glacier on Iceland’s southern coast and take in the stunning scenery of rugged rock formations and gorgeous ice sculptures.
- Drive the scenic route from Skaftafell to the Virkisjokull Glacier and be enthralled by its continuously evolving state.
- Explore the beautifully contrasting wonders of the Vatnajokull National Park. Hike past moss covered volcanic landscapes to reach icy blue glacial masses. End the journey with a memorable cruise along the Jokulsarlon Glacier Lagoon.
- Follow a varied, multi day Icelandic hiking trail through the amazing volcanic lava fields of Laki all the way to the spectacular fjords of the world renowned Skaftafell National Park.
- Embark on a journey on the Laugavegur hiking trail between the deserted volcanic highlands of Landmannalaugar to the glacial valley of Porsmork. Be surrounded by rhyolite streaked hills, black sand deserts, roaring hot springs, flowing rivers and massive icy masses.
- Snowshoe and hitch a ride in a jeep to reach remote winter landscapes and dazzle at the sight of frozen waterfalls at the Thingvellir National Park.
- Come equipped with fully charged electronic devices and extra sets of batteries for flashlights and headlamps as the weather conditions in Iceland can be quite severe.
- Dress in warm layers and consider using thermal underwear for extended outdoor activities.
- Carry a compass, GPS and a map even on guided tours as the weather can get quite foggy and you don’t want to lose your way on a trail.
- Wear waterproof, lightweight and durable hiking boots for trekking across rough terrain and carry extra pairs of socks.
- Collect trash and dispose it only in the specially designated waste disposal containers.
- Lava fields may contain cavities covered up by mossy overgrowth, so stick to the designated trail to avoid injury.
- Don’t stand close to the edges of hot springs. The ground is often loose and it is easy to fall.
- Always test equipment (such as tents) before you take them outside.
Hiking & Trekking Tours/Trips in Iceland Reviews
"The experience was fantastic. It was a great way to get acquainted with Iceland. Our guide Petur is an expert on the cou..."Iceland Northern Lights
"Very good touring experience. All the guides were cool and friendly. The 4x4 vehicles for getting to glaciers are awesom..."4 Day Northern Lights Winter Package
"Best guide! Friendly. Intelligent. Helpful. Made it a wonderful experience! Amazing food. Thanks to our chef!..."Trekking in Iceland
"Wunderschöne Tours Island is ein spannendes Land...."4 Day Hikers Package