- Local guides share must-see spots
- Flexible free-time to explore your way
- Small group experiences for meaningful travel
- Personalise your trip with scheduled optionals
Awards & Recognitions
189 Hotspots2c Reviews
- Rather Poor
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- 4.5 / 5
- Value for money
- 4.5 / 5
- 5 / 5
- DHDonnaCape and Garden Route Complete4.5 - ExcellentWritten on September 14, 2017It was a little different than I expected. However things turned out well in ways I had not expected.
- JHJailyaCape Point and Penguins2.0 - Rather poorWritten on September 2, 2017it was not interesting or thrilling, just an open zooHotspots2c commented on this reviewHi Jailya, thanks for this feedback. We can't seem to find your name in our records, are you sure you travelled with us, as our tour does not include accommodation or meals? Usually our guests love visiting Cape Point Nature Reserve and Boulders Beach as it offers dramatic scenery, fantastic hiking trails with spectacular ocean views where wild animals roam free. We're sorry that you did not enjoy your Cape Point trip, we hope to show you what we love about it next time.
- BoeszeCape Point and Penguins4.5 - ExcellentWritten on August 8, 2017Very nice and satisfying, saw a lot in a short Time!
- JMJFGarden Route and Addo Adventure5.0 - ExcellentWritten on August 4, 2017Perfect tour! Excellent guide. Congratulations well done
- Hotspots2c To See More
- Oh Africa!
- Fall in Love with South Africa
- See South Africa!
Celebrating individuality, diversity, respect and belief in one another, Hotspots2c are firm believers in making a difference in someone’s life. They take it seriously to be accountable for the impact we have on our planet, the communities and towns they visit and the country they live in. They continuously challenge themselves to bring about meaningful and positive change whenever and wherever they can.
Awards & Recognitions
Exclusive benefits with
No Booking FeesTourRadar charges 0% booking fees and 0% credit card fees. You won’t find any hidden fees or additional surcharges with us. We want to #BoycottBookingFees Learn more
Best Price GuaranteeFound a better price elsewhere for the same trip? Send us the quote and we'll match it! Learn more
Earn Unlimited Travel CreditsEvery time you book with us or you invite someone to TourRadar, you get travel credits. Learn more
Questions & Answers
Here we have collected and answered the most frequently asked questions.
How many other people will be on the tour?
It depends on how many other people book, but usually the group sizes range from 4 to 12 people per tour. We run small group tours with no more than 13 travellers per vehicle or tour guide. This small group size lend a more personal touch to our tours, and keep the itinerary options a bit more flexible.
Do I need to change money before the tour?
We don’t recommend carrying large amounts of cash. We recommend withdrawing cash from ATMs during the tour. Please ensure your bank is aware that you will be travelling.
Is there an age limit? Can children join?
No, children under the age of 12 years are not allowed on scheduled group tour packages. Children under 18 years (from 12 to 17 years) of age must be accompanied by a suitable or suitably qualified, fare paying adult companion. We do not have a maximum age limit requirement, but tours are designed for young-at-heart travellers. At the discretion of Hotspots2c management, we may consider younger children on certain tours if they meet certain criteria and a request is received for consideration.
What to pack and how much luggage is allowed per person?
Each fare paying passenger is permitted to take, free of charge and at own risk, two pieces of luggage of a total mass not exceeding 35 pounds (20kg). Contact us a well in advance to make arrangements for extra luggage.
– Pack light. A backpack is ideal for shorter trips. Bring a warm jacket for cold evenings or open vehicle 4×4 game drives. Insect repellent & sunscreen lotion is advisable. Remember to pack comfortable walking shoes, a hat for hikes and please bring your own beach towel.
Can I request changes on the scheduled group itinerary mentioned?
If you are joining a scheduled tour, the itinerary is set and cannot be changes to each person’s needs. Tour itineraries are listed as guidelines and are subject to change without notice. All highlights included in the tour will be visited, but in no specific order. Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
How flexible are scheduled tour departure dates?
Group tours have set departure dates and cannot be changed. Scheduled group tours are guaranteed to go, so you never have to worry about your tour being cancelled at the last minute. Once you’ve booked and paid, that’s it – you’re going, guaranteed.
Do contact us to request a private tour quote if you are with a group of friends or family that would like to depart on an alternative date. We can offer a more expensive, but exclusive tour to suite your group’s specific needs.
If the meals are not included in the tour price, will I need to pack food?
Meals are usually not included, but there are plenty of time to buy food on tour. This offers the ideal opportunity to experience typical South African cuisine at local eating spots.
- Breakfast for each overnight stay is available to purchase at your overnight accommodation or you buy a snack from supermarkets the previous evening. 3-star luxury B&B accommodation packages include a full breakfast for each overnight stay.
- Lunch will be en route with limited time & limited options to choose from.
- Dine at famous restaurants; or book meals with the overnight accommodation. Your guide can advise you and transport you to the best local restaurants each night.
Some backpackers even have communal kitchens to prepare your own food, if you wish to buy the ingredients on tour to prepare your own meals.
What to do if I do not want to partake in optional activities scheduled on tour?
Optional activities are offered and scheduled as part of the tour’s free-time to personalise your trip. It is not compulsory, but it turns a great trip into an unforgettable one. If you do not wish to join a specific optional activity – no worries, you can then relax or explore the surrounding area.
Do I need to book Optional Activities in advance?
All optional activities scheduled on the tour are already reserved for the whole tour group by our operations team. Some optional activities are subject to weather conditions and can therefore only be paid and confirmed on the day of the activity. Take your credit or debit card on the tour, as most activity providers and shops accept card payments, or your tour guide can take you to an ATM to draw cash as you need it.
Can I upgrade to luxury 3-star B&B accommodation option?
Yes, simply add a note on your booking request to receive the upgrade fee applicable. Budget accommodation packages stay at backpacker hostels with lively atmosphere, while the 3-star luxury B&B accommodation options overnight at cosy guesthouses in a peaceful environment, situated away from the backpackers accommodation. Luxury guest house rooms offer en suite bathrooms and include breakfast for each overnight stay.